Hostal Mochilas

• De La Gran Francia 100m al sur. Or From Central Pa, Facing the Cathedral 1,5 blocks to the south ( rig, Granada, Nicaragua

8.1
Fabulous 388 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 388 Total Reviews

• Australia, Male, 25-30
16th May 2017

private rooms have aircon and fans, good common areas, pool is nice but more a jacuzzi. Wifi is slow in rooms but good in main area. Decent hostel in prime location. Only thing is staff speak no English.

20th Apr 2017
7.4

Dorm room very hot even with working fans in use. Okay basic establishment, but quite poor beds in the dorm. Not a whole lot going on at the hostel, but always staff around. Secure in the way that you can only be led in by ringing a doorbell, but they're usually quite quick at opening the door for you. All in all an okay place to crash as it has great location in Granada.

• Netherlands, Couple, 25-30
6th Apr 2017

Mochillas was an amazing place to stay. Close to the central park of Granada and public transport. There is a very cool vibe in the hostel. It is located in an old colonial building and has nice hammocks, a bar and a jacuzzi to cool off during the hot days. Personel of hostel Mochillas is 24/7 available to help you in any way. The owner (Diana) was super friendly and told us a lot about the Nicaraguan culture. The room we stayed in was cosy and clean. Would definately reccomend this place!

• England, Couple, 18-24
30th Mar 2017
8.0

A nice hostel in a great location - staff were very friendly. It would be nice if the wifi extended to the rooms at the back of the property, however the courtyard area was a lovely place to hang out so it wasn't a big issue. The rooms at the back of the hostel also got very hot as sun is shining on them for most of the day. Main negative was we saw a used condom under the bed from a previous guest which made us question how well the room had been cleaned. Apart from that we enjoyed our stay.

13th Feb 2017

This was my third time back, and once again it was amazing! The staff remembered me by name and were very friendly! I referred as many people as I could to this hostel, and were happy to hear that at least 4 of them stayed here and were more than happy! Would definitely go back!!!!!!

13th Feb 2017
7.1

The location is very good close to the central plaza and if you want to cook the kitchen is good for that, it's clean and got everything you need. But the kitchen is pretty much the only place that is kept nice and clean. The room and bathrooms are not cleaned well everyday just a quick swip. Granada is very hot and there's only a small window in the room so it was really warm all the time, I wish each bed had its own fan.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
9th Feb 2017
3.4

Please don't stay at this hostel. After six weeks of backpacking across Central America, this is the worst hostel we have yet to stay at. No breakfast, the "pool" is a joke, the rooms are boiling hot, my charger got fried in the socket (there was only one plug in the room), and the staff were unhelpful when asked even the most basic question. The only thing this place has going for it is the great location, which is good because you're not going to want to spend any of your time in the hostel.

• Spain, Couple, 25-30
5th Feb 2017

We like the hostel, we stayed an extra night. The location cannot be better, the staff tried to help us with our questions about the town, the common area is comfortable. Only one thing we did not feel good about the hostel, it was that it was too hot in the room, the fans were not really helping. It would be good if the staff can give the right information about bus schedules, as we have missed our bus.

• Finland, Female, 31-40
1st Feb 2017

Great location. Really nice staff and overall a good hostel. If I come back this would be the hostel were I stay.

• England, Female, 41+
28th Jan 2017
4.0

My booking was given to another person even though I paid a deposit. I know mistakes happen but I think this was bad management. I was sent an e mail telling me this. I replied asking for my deposit back but received no reply.