Hostal Mochilas Reviews

De La Gran Francia 100m al sur. Or From Central Pa, Facing the Cathedral 1,5 blocks to the south ( rig, Granada, Nicaragua

Worn out bedsheets and very old bathroom. Only saw one member of the staff, was ok but not so helpful. Swimming pool is really small but still refreshing. Don't think I'll stay there again given the offer in town.

This place was amazing. Great location. Amazing price. Staff was helpful and as a solo female traveler felt very safe. Bravo.. :). I would stay here again. :)

Fantastic location, the only problem here was the staff. Very standoffish and unhelpful. When we arrived the lady working reception was extremely unfriendly.

The staff were incredibly and the cheap beer and lounge area were nice. The location is amazing. The only downside was the ants in the room that filled my backpack. Mochilas offers A/C for only $5 a night.

hi there thanks for your comments, atell me? about the ants.. why didnt you tell me? i wpuld have fumigated the room for you. its a colonial building with lots of open spaces so ants can come in. I will go and check it anyway thanks for letting me know here. hope you enjoyed your stay in nicaragua. cheers

Great location, wasn't impressed by cleanliness standards. Beds were not made and we were given sheets(in poor condition) to put on. Felt safe. Very hot, few more fans would help

• 12th May 2015

We decided to "splurge" and get the "deluxe" room that claimed to have a/c and be "the nicest" they had; we ended up in a room facing the kitchen and an a/c unit that was $5 extra from the already higher price quoted online.

Please fix the jacuzzi.

• 25th Apr 2015

ITS FIXED :)

Couldn't lock the dorm door as only 1 key per room and there were more people coming in over night so didn't feel safe. No where to leave bags after check out, only option to leave our rucksacks near the front door so could have very easily been stolen, also not able to use any facilities after check out at 11am so very poor hostel overall. Have stayed in over 20 hostels and this is by far the worst!

• 4th Apr 2015

rooms were pretty basic, but at the price paid in such a central location i cant complain. It was pretty dead when me and my girlfriend were there and the wi-fi wasn't great, that said the hot tub was good to chill in just outside our room, staff were quiet but helpful and it quite handily has all the basic needs i.e. Kitchen, books, bathrooms and Beer! Would i stay there again.....possibly.

Nice place with decent facilities, but the staff were pretty poor. It felt like I was interrupting something when I had to ask a question and it shouldn't be like that in hospitality. Also I asked if we could order a pizza and the lady just dialled and passed me the phone- while I think my Spanish isn't thaaaat bad, I'm not ready to order on the phone. I left a bag of clothes that were of no use to donate but the receptionist was just looking through it.

May stay here was good up until the day I left when my phone was stolen from the hostel. The staff weren't helpful at all when I informed them and before leaving I said I would email them to see if my phone had turned up but I received no response. Then upon calling them and speaking to someone who had no clue about the missing phone but assured me he would get someone to respond to my email, I am still waiting on a response a week later.

• 3rd Mar 2015

Besides the location (but every other hostel is also in a good location because Granada is so small) this was a very average hostel. Staff are average and try to scam your money, rooms are HOT and the one dodgy fan they try to provide won't even begin to help. There are better places for your money. Go elsewhere.

• 16th Feb 2015

We booked a private room with bathroom for pretty cheap, even if it was the last thing available in town because of the poetry festival. Good value for money, nice jacuzzi.

• 15th Feb 2015

Hostel Mochila is in a good location, very close to the park. The place has a shared kitchen and a small jacuzzi sized "pool". I never used it. Our room location wasn't great. the door and windows were part of the kitchen and main common area. It was very hot. I would request an "outdoor" room. The rooms are basic and electricity goes out often. They play loud music until about 10pm. It's a place to stay, no more, no less. We stayed 2 nights then moved to the main street for less w/more comfort.

View all Granada Bed and Breakfasts