Hostal Moratin Reviews

calle Moratin, 15, 46002 Valencia, Valencia, Valencia, Spain

Attention : this is a HOTEL, not a hostel ! It offers room only - no other facility .In the room is not soap and no glass (I asked a glass and I was refused). The only common area is the dining room with 3 tables ( for 14 rooms !) and a desk . Noise in the room is 24 hours / day from air-conditioning of the neighbors! "Free continental breakfast" is a lie: 25g butter, cheese and jam and a cup of tea (coffee). The only qualities - location and cleanliness – are not enough. Hospitality is null !

First, I have to say that it is more like a Bed & Breakfast. I stayed in a single room and it was really nice, i had a sink a single bed, a desk, a closet and a fan. The breakfast wasn't spectacular, but it was fine, coffee, some bread, butter and jam. The only problem I found was, there wasn't soap for wash your hands in the bathrooms of my floor (in the other floor there were soap). I liked the place.

• 13th Aug 2013
  • Mexico

The hostel itself wasn't bad. Had a double bed with a shower and hand basin in the room and linen and towels were provided - but no hand soap in the room or in the toilets. Breakfast was only two pieces of toast with jam and a cup of coffee. People-wise: the first man was very unhelpful, bad tempered and surly. The second man was lovely. He was friendly and did everything he could to communicate with us. There is no "lounge room" to relax in - only your room. Wi-fi didn't work in our room.

Basic but safe, clean, great staff (friendly and welcoming) and fantastic location a short walk from the train station and anywhere in the old town

simple, but very friendly staff

I had trouble sleeping in the 510 and 514 due to the noise from (first) the toilet piping in the wall and (second) the ventilation system on the outside of the building. Never tasted the breakfast but the keeper served it personally to the guests, which I guess made it take time but on the other hand probably was well prepared. Nothing fancy, toasts and tea. The front door is hard to see. The hostel is on the fifth floor in a large building, the front door is shared by other businesses.

Very friendly staff who had a genuine interest in where I would be going in Valencia. Helped point out things on the map and sent me in the right direction. Talked to the owner for almost 30 minutes upon arrival. Great location with almost all the tourist sites within 15 min walk with the exception of the city of arts and sciences. Clean room. Light breakfast in the morning. Very nice and recommended. Pau Gasol has stayed there before

The night shift manager made me feel uncomfortable and unwelcome, he was quite rude at times towards my girlfriend. Other than that the hostel was great, the cleaning lady and day time manager were both friendly and helpful and the facilities and location were very nice.

• 18th Jun 2013

Overall Excellent! however Staff don't speak English but are very friendly 😃. There is a bathroom in the room . Toilet is separate. No fridge for guest use.

A bit basic, but right in the centre and with wonderful staff!

I had a great time! It was a pity though I couldn't really communicate with the staff as I don't speak Spanish and they don't really speak other languages than Spanish (I talked in French, they in Spanish)

The hostel is located just outside the center, it gives the opportunity to get around and drive around the whole city of Valencia. The hostel is old-fashioned that even personally like it. The staff did not speak English. Breakfast is very meager though free - I would rather pay extra for a normal continental breakfast. Sometimes it was a bit noisy.

I am perfectly happy with my stay at the hostel. The location is excellent - close to the train station and not far away from the city centre. There is a shower and a sink in the room (only WC is common). Javier was very friendly and helpful. (he doesn't speek much English though). They cleaned the room every day.

Havent WiFi in my room, just sometimes and really poor signal. But for the price excellent Hostel

This couldn't be any closer to the center (Plaza del Ayuntamiento). Also, the owner was very warm, friendly, personable and eager to help with directions, etc.