Hostal Moratin Reviews

calle Moratin, 15, 46002 Valencia, Valencia, Spain

Friendly family run place. More like a pension than a hostel. Great location. Very strange, and tiny, shower in the room.

• 27th Jul 2015

Stifelling hot in the room, the reception and dining room! My room stank of cigarette smoke and made me feel sick!! No WiFi reception as advertised and I really needed it for my follow on journey. Due to the above problems I immediately asked if I could cancel my second night as I didn't want to endure it for a second night. I was told yes but there would be no refund, sadly I had to stay due to budget restrictions. Very noisy through the night also, doors banging, etc. Very, very disappointing!

The old man that runs the place is adorable. He knows passable english, french, italian, and anything that he doesn't know he makes up in charm. The breakfast was toast and coffee - for somebody that's fluten free, this isn't very good, but again, the old man serves is and he's just so nice and friendly and hospitable, that all is forgiven. The room was great too, had a private shower in the room, shared toilet in the hall. And the room had a fan. A+ all around.

Great location and reasonable hostel. Not much in the way of facilities. But with no air conditioning it's just way too hot. So hot it was nearly impossible to sleep which for a hostel is not acceptable

Fantastic location! Owner very friendly and helpful. Lovely place to stay.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Nice place, really nice having a shower in the room. The front door was extremely hard to get into. Nice staff, would recommend to others

Owner was very helpful

The day host was excellent but the evening guy seemed suspicious and not friendly. I booked in for two nights and extended it to five, so it was okay.

We loved this hostel. The staff was helpful and friendly, and the facilities were very clean. The location was just outside of one of the major plazas, and it was a fairly quiet space. We had a double room, with a sink and shower in it, and it was perfect! Would highly recommended this place.

Excellent place to stay in Valencia, is more like a Hotel than a Hostel but is good value !!!

Good location in the center, public transport nearby. Hostel was on the 6th floor. Staff speak limited English. Very slow internet. Hostel was cleaned well.

Right next to the Plaza de Ayuntamento but hard to find. The señor of the hostel was very welcoming and kind. Although it is bit old, the room was clean and came with towels. We had a twin private and was comfortable. The shower is in the corner of the room with no separation. So if you are not a couple, need to look away while another person is taking a shower. Breakfast is just coffee & toast but the señor prepared it each time someone came to the dining room.

Great service. My room is cleaned everyday. Toilets/showers are clean. Very close to major tourist centres and public transportation. Owner is very helpful and most of all you can sleep well. Other places can get very noisy at night and I like this place a lot.