Hostal Nilo SL Reviews

C/ Josef Anslem Clave 17, Barcelona, Spain

Very dated. Very basic. No hot water in sink in the room. Good wi-fi but only at reception. Good loction if one wants to take hop on hop off tour -- stop 100 metres from hostal -- or walk La Rambla or tour the port. Staff not interested/warm.

• 1st Mar 2015

Nobody can speak a word in English. They can't even understand basic and necessary things. It was really difficult to understand they speak only Spanish. The position is good. The hostel is also really cold and dirty. There was some hairs on my bad... I would say go somewhere else

I am Irish have been in the hostal for 11 years and speak perfect English. So these clients or obviously make up these complaints for whatever reason. Te hostel is cleaned every day.

Superb location although with any good location there is undoubtedly a higher risk of noise. Good sized room and bathroom with good shower however no curtains! Excellent value for money with very helpful staff. If location is a high priority for you then this place will suit nicely. No safe in room

I booked this Hostal thinking that it would be close to the beach. It is actually a 20 min walk to the beach. It is very close to a Subway line so its easy to get to the Subway. The staff wasnt extremely friendly (with the exception of 1 gentleman), they didnt offer any advice on where to go or what do do. I did like having the small private room and a nice view of the street below and I found the bathroom clean and neat. I think it was a bit expensive since you are not close to any attractions or the beach. The facility was clean but I was disappointed there is only internet in the lobby. Its nice if you want something away from the noise.

Petty dodgy atmosphere and an horrendous colour on the walls in our rooms. In general not a very nice place, and I say this after having traveled many cheap hotels and hostels all over the world. Yet, it was cheap, and really centrally placed, so you get what you pay for. We did not have any problems with the staff, and the room and the bathroom was clean, so it is not a bad place at all. Just not the place you should go if you look for a good atmosphere.

• 21st Sep 2014
  • Norway

The hostel's location was perfect - near the port, beaches, good clubs and metro station. The staff didn't give us any information when we arrived, you have to ask if you want to know about common areas or housekeeping! Wi-fi worked only in the lobby. Our room was spacious. Bed were quite hard :D. But overall, a good experience and value for the money!

• 18th Sep 2014