6.7
Good 512 Total Reviews
6.7
Good 512 Total Reviews
Hostal Nilo SL Located at C/ Josef Anslem Clave 17, , Barcelona.
Hostal Nilo SL
    Rooms available

• England, Male, 18-24
17th Jul 2016
7.1

A decent place. Small rooms with very minimal facilities but it is clean, felt safe and location couldn't have been better. A good place to stay for travellers!

16th Jul 2016
8.0

Location is great, I booked a single room on the 1st floor with shared bathroom. For the price I paid I was happy, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable and I could securely lock my door. The glass door on the balcony did a decent job of blocking out a lot of the noise from the street but on a Saturday night you should really be out their on las ramblas making the noise yourself ;)

• England, Mixed Group, 25-30
12th Jul 2016
2.6

I've wrote a longer review about this place but am restricted by the 500 character limit. This is not a good place. The rooms are tiny and dirty. The paint is peeling and there is no ventilation. There is not even a fan in the heat. Worst of all; bed bugs. I was eaten alive during my attempt to spend a night there. And then the entire place violently vibrates at 8am as construction starts outside. Attempts to get a refund were met with instant aggression. Highly inadvisable to stay here.

• zoevanmil
  • New Zealand, Mixed Group, 25-30
11th Jul 2016
2.9

There were three receptionists on when we were there. One receptionist was VERY unhelpful with the simplest requests, almost to the point of rudeness. No aircon - extremely hot and uncomfortable sleep. Would not recommend.

11th Jul 2016
6.0

This hostel does't have much in terms of atmosphere. The halls are dimly lit and the lobby hasn't been updated in years. You won't see people hanging out in any common space and there is only WiFi in parts of the hostel. There is no AC so visiting in the summer time is extremely hot. It was very hard to sleep because doors were slamming throughout the night and you could hear any noise from the room next to you. I would not recommend this hostel unless you need a private room for a low price.

• bisgaard5546
  • Denmark, Male, 41+
5th Jul 2016

I was impressed...since this property belongs to the Old Town of Gothic... I have read a lot of comments about others who visited this place and shame on you, because where in the world do you find a overnight for 30 Eur pr night, and have a Hostel which is right next door to ALL the Sights of one of the Worlds most Beautiful Cities ! Staff and Service and maintenan as well as the Cleaning Staff, was more Friendly than what you sometimes will have to deal with in a 5 star Hotel.! I will return !

1st Jul 2016
4.3

One of the receptionist was very unkind, when I wanted to pay for my room he said that he doesn't have a change, so I sad that I can pay later. Next day he started to threaten me, that if I will not pay in this moment he will not give me back the key for my room, but actually I have a money and I wanted to pay for the room but he didn't do anything with that as he should. Until the end particular this one person was still very rude to me even when i just wanted to leave the key.

1st Jul 2016
4.0

This place has a really bad vibe. Not a hostel. It looks more like a cheap hotel that you bring a hooker in, but even that is not possible because you cannot bring any extra guest in even if you offer paying for it. I wouldn't recommend it. Location is good but you can look for other options nearby with similar prices. There's no atmosphere at all. The place really need an uplift to be reasonable.

• England, Couple, 18-24
23rd Jun 2016

Hi, thanks so much for our stay! We really enjoyed our trip and all the staff were lovely. Don't usually expect a hostel to be cleaned daily or provided with towels so that was a nice surprise! Great location and nice clean facilities. Thanks v much!

5th Jun 2016

Great for what we paid for. It was dirty, and kind of felt like a hotel you bring a hooker to, but great location, staff, and the balcony was wonderful. Perfect for couples on a budget. Would recommend.