Hostal Nilo SL Reviews

C/ Josef Anslem Clave 17, Barcelona, Spain

I expected a simple but decent hostel. What I found was quite nasty. The bathrooms were really dirty. From my room I could hear a lot of noise. I couldn't sleep at all.

The place it is situated is the best. 1 minute walk from Las Ramplas, Dressanes Metro Station and the sea, just behind Colombus statue It is quite old and needs to be refurnished. The linen/towels are also old but clean. Our ensuite room was clean (and they provided us daily cleaning service/towels) but the fact that everything looked old made us a little hesitant. It had a balcony and plenty of light. Be careful if you leave the key at the reception, one night we found our door open!

• 8th May 2015
  • Greece

You get what you pay for. My boyfriend and I stayed in Nilo for 5 nights and we couldn't be happier. Location was great really easy to access the metro, port, la rambles etc. Rooms are a bit dated but made no difference to us. Would stay again.

Poor ventilation in the rooms due to the windows opening into a super tight skylight area inside the building , atmosphere very humid and very cold in the room during the night. The heating didn't work.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Romania

Negative: No kitchen, Wifi only at the reception. Very noisy. Staff not really helpful, only the boss is considerate. Facilities very old but do their job. Cleanliness in the room is good, but the shared bathrooms are quite dirty and not well maintained (e.g. bathroom without working light). Positive: Sink (cold water) in the room. Located close to the beach and La Rambla.

This is a perfectly located hostel. I was pleased with the room and facilities. And the street is not too busy for being near La Rambla.

• 3rd Mar 2015

Very dated. Very basic. No hot water in sink in the room. Good wi-fi but only at reception. Good loction if one wants to take hop on hop off tour -- stop 100 metres from hostal -- or walk La Rambla or tour the port. Staff not interested/warm.

• 1st Mar 2015