Hostal Nilo SL Reviews

C/ Josef Anslem Clave 17, Barcelona, Spain

This was the worst place I have ever stayed in. The rooms are small, ugly, and dirty feeling. There are NO mattresses. You sleep on an old lumpy box spring. Our room had some terrible sewage smells every couple of hours and it was loud. The staff was unfriendly and rude. They only take cash but won't make change. I honestly felt like I was in jail and it really put a damper on our stay in Barcelona. I would NOT recommend this place to anyone under any circumstances.

• 26th Oct 2015

The hostel was very clean; however, the wifi was only available in the lobby which was a big problem for us.

Needs better cuestumer service and cliening

Room smelled like sewage, we had to purchase air fresheners. Beds were nowhere close to comfortable. Wifi works in half the room even though we were right next to the lobby.

• 1st Oct 2015

Location is excellent, atmosphere nice in one of the old buildings, in the center with nice bars, 20min from the beach. The double room was small, bed for 2 extremely small, not really comfortable, the room had a shower build on the balcony. Facilities - clean, but lived through better times. Reception is open 24h, staff is helpful, but one of them doesn't speak english. Wifi works only near the reception. Overall, a good place to stay.

perfect location, really good value for money would highly recommend for a budget break

• 16th Sep 2015

My girlfriend and I had an excellent experience at this hostel, considering the price. Although everything was pretty old, the room/sink were clean and the beds made daily. Double glazing kept the noise out at night. The showers were passable. If you can, ask for a room on the 1st or 2nd floor as you can pick up the wifi from the 1st floor reception. Try and ask for a balcony room too, they get the sun all morning. The reception is 24hr and the staff were friendly with us.

• 6th Sep 2015

Good value for money. I just needed a cheap place to crash and this was just fine. I had a room in the same floor as the reception so I could get some wifi signal in the room (and that is good) but it was quite noisy in the morning since I had a window to the street and people at the reception were talking loud from 7am on (and that is less good). Overall, for the price, is was quite ok.

Truly excellent location! We walked everywhere. Our room was a shoebox with almost no daylight coming in : but you get what you pay for! The bathroom and bedroom were cleaned every day and we got clean towels every day too. There was a fan in the room. We finished our stay covered with bites, bring some insect repellent!

• 5th Sep 2015

The room had a total soviet look, mainly because of the furniture. Probably you could paint it into bright colors to get rid of the gloom.

Really good hostel but it does not have wifi on the rooms, only on the lobby

View all Barcelona Bed and Breakfasts