Hostal Pacios Reviews

Calle Atocha 28 2nd floor A, Madrid, Madrid, Spain

The best thing about this hotel is its central location and proximity to a metro station. It was particularly reasonably priced too. Not very lively which didn't bother us as we just used the hostal to shower in, have an hour's rest before going back out again each day and to sleep. Shower and bathroom were very clean as were the bedrooms.

It was a fine place to stay for one night in Madrid, but I wouldn't want to stay there if I had been planning on spending more time in the Hostel. But the man who works there was very nice. The ambience just wasn't what I look for.

This hostal has received mixed reviews so I wasn't sure what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised. I found the place clean, didn't have any trouble with hot water (although it was fairly quiet while I was there) and the owner was nice and helpful, though he does only speak Spanish. I would recommend this for a budget place to stay in a good location.

• 31st Oct 2013