Hostal Pacios Reviews

Calle Atocha 28 2nd floor A, Madrid, Spain

-No air con, the air fan barely works so we almost couldn't sleep at night because of the heat (35° in Madrid) -The room is so small we couldn't walk or even stand in it after we opened our suitcase -Was supposed to a be a double bed but only 1.5x normal size so we were stuck to each other all night long (which didn't help with the heat) -The mattress is too thin and makes so much noise. -no Wifi -no kitchen -Everything's old or damaged and smells like death

Great location, safe. Room: double?? Small, with bed for 1.5 person, not 2. Small window in a corner. Wifi not working in the room, had to go to the corridors. A sink. No air con but a fan which worked. Shared bathroom, full of water on the floor most of the time. Shower head in the tub not working too well, water temperature changing from cold to hot. Staff not bad. I know Madrid so didn't need info but they didn't offer any. We discovered there was a fridge but they didn't tell us. OK value.

Good hostel. Basic but perfect for what we needed and the host was lovely and accommodating. Rooms were very hot though as the fan did little to cool it but other than that the place was good.

• 20th Jul 2015

Nice, simple Hostel. Very friendly staff.

• 15th Jul 2015

It's nothing fancy but its a clean, comfortable and affordable place in the middle of Madrid and that's good enough for me! Bonuses were an elevator, fan in my room and a separate WiFi which (usually) reached my room.

Price is reasonable and the location is just perfect, though quite noisy area.

• 11th Jun 2015
  • Georgia

I didnt spend long time in the hostel but the owner is a really friendly lady who waited for me when I arrived at 2am. The room was basic with no window with shared bathroom but for just having a place to stay for a night it is a great value for money.

All rooms have window. Some are large others are smaller.

We enjoyed our stay at Hostel Pacios. The location was great - not far from the train station and walkable to the main sights - Prado museum, Reina Sofia museum, Royal Palace, Puerto del Sol, etc. The wifi worked and the bathrooms were nicer than expected given how inexpensive it was to stay here! The only downside was how small the bed was - it was passable for two young female travelers but probably would not have worked for most couples or pairs of people traveling.

• 4th Jun 2015