Hostal Pochon Reviews

Callejon del Carmen #102, Oaxaca, Mexico

I love hostal Pochon, it was one of the best I´ve stayed in. The staff are amazing and very helpful, the place is a walking distance to the center and breakfast is amazing. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Only stayed for a night, so I cant speak extensively over this hostel. But the most noticeable problem was the lethargic nature of the staff.

Nice hostel in the heart of Oaxaca. We had a great time staying there!

We loved Oaxaca and also the cooking class that we had at the hostel. It was fantastic - from picking up ingredients at the market to making our own tortillas etc.. the only problem was that our private room did not have enough water going up (maybe we should have asked if they had to turn a pump on or something.. but the shower was cold in the private room). I recommend you stay there and take the class. =)

I was a little disappointed with this hostel. The room we had was nice but the shower only had a little hot water and having showers in the cold mornings was not fun. The breakfast was okay but I also think the staff could have been more helpful.

Good place. Very friendly staff, real hostel atmosphere (nice common patio), close to the city center. We had a private room - it was really big with huge double-bed:)

The place was DIRRRRRRRTY• The Bathrooms were pathetic• Someone please clean up the place

This hostel was the best hostel of our trip so far. Erica and the other staff were fantastic, super friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were cooked for you on demand, with fresh fruit daily and a different savoury meal. Wifi was great. Friendly atmosphere. Walking distance to the bus station and downtown. Clean kitchen and common areas. Only downside was limited hot water. Great value for money!!!

The regular price is cheaper onsite then when you make a reservation through the website (140/125 pesos). In the 8 beddorm (1st floor), you are right next to the boy toilets and get the smell up to your room everytime someone goes in. The hostel charges you for after check-in use of the facilities : 10 pesos to leave your suitcase a few hours. And 25 pesos to use wifi / bathroom / kitchen ! Showers are not hot, just warm. Breafast was complete but served late : 8:30am and not 8am as said