Hostal Portada del Sol Reviews

Av. 28 de Julio N� 1, Trujillo, Peru

I stayed a couple of nights. Handy to the central area. More of a budget hotel, but that's what I was looking for. Located over the road from a gas station, which is awesome because it's just about the only place in this town you can get a cold drink.

The hotel was an excellent choice. Value for money and great room with fast wifi and an excellent flatscreen tv with cable. Bed was comfortable and the room was cleaned spotlessly everyday and even my belongings were tidied up and clothes hung up. Credit to the room attendents and doormen who were allways friendly. I would recommend to anyone staying in trujillo.

• 13th Oct 2013

More expensive than I would have liked and certainly a hotel not a hostel. But the friendly staff (despite their no English and our very poor Spanish) were very helpful and good breakfasts and towel animal sculptures made it a plesant stay.

Very friendly staff with good English. Less than 10 minutes walk to plaza de armas. They minded out bags during the day. When we came to collect out bags, we sat in communal area and they offered us use of bedroom for the hour longer that we were waiting free of charge. Breakfast was good; coffee, papaya juice and two different breads per person. Late checkout at 1pm

Great Hostal in Trujillo. The staff is super helpfull and they can arrange tours to Chan Chan and Huaca de la Luna. Really good place, Recomended.

← Back to search results