Hostal Portada Reviews

Octava Calle Poniente #2326, Colonia Flor Blanca, San Salvador, San Salvador, El Salvador

I had quite a good stay. Manuel, the very young owner, was very friendly and helped where could. He didnt speak english at all and I was like beginner level at spanish, but through the help of apps and sign language everything worked out! He even drove me to the busterminal. Around the hostel are a few foodstalls where u get excellent pupusas and there is also a restaurant with great food like tacos etc. My room was ok. I had a private bathroom and 2 beds for 10 $. It was a bit dirty but ok.

This is really a one star review. Most of the hotel (not a hostel in any way) was fine. But there was one GLARING fault. We could not let ourselves in or out. At one point did we try to get out of the hostel, but the single person living(?)/working there was no where to be found. So we waited. For around 20 minutes. Because he had to go get lunch. In writing it probably doesn't sound too bad, but it was god damn awful. I felt like I was in prison. I had no idea he was going to return. Not recomm

The most centrally located option for this price range. I did not have any problems walking to the Terminal de Oriente, MetroCentro mall, or historic downtown during the day -- didn't try it at night though. For those who have trouble locating this place, it is one block north and east from the southeast corner of Stadio Flor Blanca. Room was clean and fairly large. Quick wifi. The only downside is that staff may take a while to open the door because they are not always at the reception.

Safe area, i never felt worried. Was able to walk to centro historico as well as metrocentro area with no problems, although it would have been a cheap cab as well. Bonus points to the staff who got up at 3 am to let me in after my flight on spirit was delayed a few hours. Not many people there, but that seems to be constant in el salvador right now. Not a brand new building by any means (and saw a couple of roaches), but comfortable and it looked like they were doing renovations when i left

View all San Salvador Bed and Breakfasts