Hostal Provenzal Reviews

Calle Murillo #1014 esq. Tarija, La Paz, Bolivia

Comfortable large rooms with excellent showers. Breakfast is simple. Staff is friendly, but Spanish only.

the staff was so polite - they helped me a lot when i was sick and alone in this City!!

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Austria

good location, you can see the snowy mountain when open the window curtain, it is more like a hotel instead of hostel, difficult to meet others. very good hot water and very clearn. breakfirst is a bit simple by charging such higher rate. staff can only speak spanich.

Good location, good wifi, good showers, zero atmosphere

Great location and price! Hot showers. Not so good wifi... My only real 'eh' thing with this place is that it kind of felt like they would give my room key to anyone who told them the correct room number... They didn't check it was your room they just handed over the key to us with ease. Maybe they recognized us?? Maybe not...

Not really a hostel, you get what you pay for. For the price I guess it's ok. The location is great, hot showers are good, wifi on and off. The staff doesn't speak English, which would be ok if they would apeak a bit slowly and be patient. I don't blame them, after I met the owner, I realized where the staff attitude comes from... you get what you pay for, and it seems like cutting corners is part of the deal. Not that bad overall, specially if on a budget.

Great spot right in town however this is more of a cheap hotel not a hostel. Was nice to have my own room and bathroom for such a low price. Location is awesome.

We stayed here for a long time. We ended up staying here again after our 10 day trip into the jungle. The place is very clean and smells it too. The bedrooms are great, nice bedding, comfy pillows, towels, soaps etc. also we had read a lot of reviews about other hostels in la paz and how the water pressure and heat was terrible in yeah showers, absolutely NO problem here they were perfect! Breaks was standard bread and jam. Would be nice to use the kitchen that would make this place even better.

Located near nice restaurants and quite central but also noisy because of a busy street right next to it

More a hotel style accommodation, not very sociable or communal feel to the place. We were not impressed with the staff, who on many occasions were completely inflexible and not accommodating i.e. We asked if it would be possible to have some breakfast 20/30mins earlier as we were going on a day trip, the staff did not even check if possible and replied no (despite breakfast being simply bread

Staying at Provenzal was great! Me and my boyfriend spent 5 days there and just enjoyed. Even though you feel more like in a hotel than hostel. Our room was tidied up daily and always clean. Furthermore the location is really good! You have access to all you need.

Really good place! The only comment is that it was cold inside the room.

Only problem when we wanted to extend our stay ... As we have in moats places on South America ,, this hostel put up their rate We paid it may be should have gone through hostalworld again but stupid I thoght

View all La Paz Bed and Breakfasts