Hostal Providencia Reviews

Vicuña Mackena 92-A, Santiago, Chile

Excellent hostel. Staff is great and rooms are very clean. Strong wifi signal throughout. Only three blocks from Metro and five from the bars. Great atmosphere since you can chill in the bar area or plenty of places to hang out away from the noise. Only negative I can say is if it is busy bathrooms maybe tough to come by. Forgot one thing great breakfast with eggs!!

couldn't make any complaint about this place! everything you could want, with both a chilled out & social aspect. the free breakfast is excellent. thanks to the wonderful accommodating staff for having us

The hostel organization was excellent and I recommend it for the helpful staff and location.

Staff were very welcoming, rooms were clean and the water was hot. Breakfast was awesome.The hostel is in a great location! Would definitely stay here again if I was ever in Santiago.

Special regards, excellent !!

• 5th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Gracias por la positiva evaluación!! (:

Great place. Lovely interior and the best free breakfast in the world. Wasn't too happy with the fact that I paid in Pesos on my card on arrival but when I wanted to extend my stay they said they had to charge me in US dollars with a terrible exchange rate making it a lot more expensive. Also I was nose to a differn downstairs room the third night whiz was very noisy, had fewer toilets on that floor and was more expensive again.

I thought this hostel was the best I stayed in out of the three in Santiago I tried. Great, fun, lively atmosphere. So much going on. I had to leave early before breakfast, so I can't comment on that, but wifi was decent throughout the building. Showers were hot, cleanliness was overall okay. The bed was comfy and large lockers in the room. Would definitely go back.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in! It is very close to metro stations and most areas where you would spend your time in Santiago, so it is very conveniently located. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and there are always tons of people around the hostel to hang out with down at the bar or to go out with. We made lots of friends at Hostal Providencia and were very sad to go!! We can't wait to be back - it was the highlight of our experience in Santiago!

Location was pretty good- close to the red line/number 1 which gets you to the different attractions. Walking distance to Bella Vista- a nice area of the city. The staff was amazing- very helpful with questions on the city and surrounding areas. The hostel is pretty big so plenty of room to lounge around and meet new people. The hostel offers different events to encourage mingling. Breakfast can be a bit of a rush/crowded since there are a lot of people, but plenty of food.

Nice hostel!

My sister and I stayed three days at Provedencia before heading to the coast to explore. It was both of our first times in Chile, and the experience at Providencia couldn't have been better. The staff was welcoming, the room was clean and a good value for the money, and we really enjoyed the breakfast and kitchen facilities. Awesome wifi and a great schedule of activities was also appreciated, as we were traveling alone and didn't know anyone yet. We'll be heading back soon!

• 5th Jun 2015

I really like the atmosphere of the hostel, I was there for business and they always understood our hurry I'd suggest to hire a better cab drivers company.

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • Colombia

Good location, breakfast and dorm rooms. Unfortunately the hot water in the shower only lasted for about 15 seconds before turning freezing. Also the kitchen is way too small to accommodate the amount of people staying there (+ there weren't even that many people there when I was there). Also it's a very big hostel and feels more like a hotel so I wouldn't recommend it if you like small hostels where you get to know everyone staying there.

Hello! Thansk for your feedback. We passed for a lot of changes since the beginning of the year and actually the most challenge now is to keep a hostals ambient as we got so big. Every night we have activities to make people know each other and have fun. We have a new bar now and common areas where people can spend their time. (: Hope you come soon to see the changes we are planning. Best regards!

Located near the metro and a short walk to Bella Vista. This is a great place. Staff are friendly and helpful. There is something going on every night and plenty of people around to meet new friends.

• 6th May 2015

Hello! Thanks very much for your comment. We are glad you had good times here. Best regards!

The location of the hostel is good, close to the metro and in the Centre of the city. Plenty of restaurants and supermarkets near by. The layout of the hostel is a bit of a maze which makes it hard to get through especially during breakfast and at night when the bar is open. Kitchen was small and lots of people trying to cook at once. Overall this hostel was pleasant enough.

Great stay! Would definitely recommend this place. It's a big hostel but it offers really fantastic services such as laundry, towels and housekeeping, a bar and daily food/drink events (e.g. burger night, pisco sour night etc). Breakfast room can be a bit cramped but the breakfast itself more than make up for this: all you can eat bread and fruit AND you can make your own eggs.

Hey! Thank you so much for your comment. We are very glad to know you loved everything, that's the idea: make you guests happy and satisfied. (: Hope to see you soon!

This is a very large hostel in an excellent location with great staff. It operates a little more like a hotel. The kitchen and dining area is too small for the amount of people staying here. The wifi worked well, lots of hot water and beds were comfortable. Overall, a nice stay and but might look for something smaller next time.

Well located. A very large hostel but seems to be well managed. Breakfast was a bit basic but was fine.about a five minute walk to the metro station.can be a bit noisey and the only thing that bothered me as the smell of cigarette smoke from the common areas.

Hostel holds 190 people and has two tiny kitchens and not enough bathrooms. Very impersonal service from staff and got bed bug bites from the sheets. On the positive side the breakfast and wifi are very good as is the location. Have to be buzzed in and out and lockers are very large.

Impressed with the efficiency of the hostel - it's huge (~30 rooms), and they cater well to a massive number of permanent and temporary guests! Breakfast is fantastic with fruit, eggs and bread which isn't completely stale available. Toilet and shower facilities are abundant and clean. Met some awesome people and a nice touch with the free terremoto in the evening!!! Only complaint is the size of the kitchen - it's a stretch fitting four people inside, let alone the number of people who stay!

Hello, Toni! Thank you very much for your comment, your feedback is more than important for us. Indeed the kitchen got small for our massive number of guests, we are going to come up with some good idea to improve this. Hope to see you soon! Kind regards!