Hostal Providencia

Fabulous 1092 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1092 Total Reviews

18th Apr 2017

This hostel is HUGE! I liked the atmosphere here and it's close to Bellavista where the clubs and restaurants are located. Breakfast isn't anything to brag about but it's something to cover the stomach until you can go out. The dinners they provide at night was actually decent and a good way to meet other travelers. Overall good hostel!

• Australia, Couple, 31-40
7th Apr 2017

Great stay at this hostel. Centrally located in a nice area. Rooms are spacious and tidy. My wife and I (both 32) booked a private room for a cheap cost. We ended up in a 4 person room by ourselves which gave us so much space. Wifi connection was strong which was welcomed, and the bar downstairs provided a nice place for a drink before heading out on the town. Front desk can be hectic sometimes, so be prepared to wait 10-15mins before a staff member can help you at times.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
5th Apr 2017
6.9

This is a huge hostel. As such staff are too busy with admin stuff to really do anything else. Eg: My 'superior room' was next to a kitchen and despite there being a kitchens closed after 11pm rule, ppl socialising and being loud AF in there until like 2:30am made it impossible to sleep, and staff did nothing about it. Though its in a great location, I wouldn't recommend staying here, been in better hostels in Santiago.

• England, Female, 25-30
5th Apr 2017
5.1

Rude staff ignored us for long periods of time whilst they chatted and danced to music. Bad wifi. Poorly equipped kitchen. No bowls or tea cups. Terrible decor in bedrooms without windows feel dark and dhingy. They ask for payment in dollars, if you want to pay in pesos they charge an extra 19%. You can't leave the building without a key card. So dangerous in case of emergency! The bedroom doors locked every time you leave so always need to carry around your key even to bathroom! V frustrating!

Hi, and thanks for your feedback. I'm really sorry about your experience. I am very sorry if you received bad customer service in reception, It is a shame you never replied when I reached out to you personally by e-mail. I was hoping you could help me to improve. About the 19% "Extra": Taxes are unfortunate, but a legal requirement here in Chile. We do (like many hostels here) offer the opportunity to not pay tax if you pay in dollars. That is why you will find it written here on Hostelworld, our own website and every other place you can make a reservation (not in fine print, and directly above the CONFIRM button). About Security: The keycard is for your own convenience and security. As I explained in the e-mail I wrote to you personally about your concerns: It is the safest way in case of emergencies as we cut the power to the system and everyone can evacuate easily. Again I am very sorry you didn't enjoy your stay and still hold out hope you will reply to me and help us to improve. Thanks again for your feedback. Edmund Lyne, Jefe de Recepción, Hostal Providencia.

2nd Apr 2017

I like it here. I've stayed twice and will go back again. The beds are comfy, the staff is great, and breakfast is amazing!! My only complaint is that it can be kind of loud throughout the night, especially if you're near reception.

1st Apr 2017

Fantastic place. They offer a hearty yet well priced dinner nightly. Tourist information. Friendly staff. Big and social hostel. Great area. 2 kitchens. Outdoor areas. Very easy to get to know people. I stayed here 3 separate times during my trip.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
31st Mar 2017
7.4

Hostel is in a good location. Reasonably clean and staff were helpful, lockers big enough for large backpacks. Has a cool little bar/social area although it wasn't overly busy when we were there. Our dorm was horrendous due to a prolific snorer but that's not the hostel's fault lol.

30th Mar 2017
8.0

We stayed for two nights and didn't spend much time in the hostel. But the hostel was close to downtown and the beds were great, they had plugs next to the bed (always a plus). The hostel is HUGE and has about 200 beds or so. Good place to crash and explore.

• Brazil, Couple, 31-40
29th Mar 2017
7.7

It is a hostel with good structure. You have everything you need, beds are ok, bathrooms cleaned enough, kitchen, collective spaces. The experience could be a lot better if the staff is more friendly and nice. They treat you as a one more. We stayed in a private room, it was very small, but it was ok. You will have the basics you need in this hostel. It is a good location. The breakfast is good, it has fruits.

28th Mar 2017

Very big hostel and of you're looking to meet people, this isn't the best place for it. I was only here one night and it was close to the one activity I wanted to do in Santiago, so this place worked out well for me. Note to the staff, Uber does not go to the airport and you told me it did which led to a few problems so please make sure to pass this on to future travelers, thanks!