Hostal Providencia

8.7
Fabulous 1202 Total Reviews

• Peru, Male, 25-30
3rd Aug 2017

Good location, near two metro stations and just across the party district. Nice breakfast and the staff is helpful with information about the city or tours. The hostel is quite big and overall really good, I never felt like I was in a crowded place. Could improve: My bed was very low (height) and there was no lights in the beds besides the one for the whole room. They could have sockets closer to beds and the breakfast area is really cold. Definetly would recommed.

Hi: Thank you so much for your feedback, it really help us to keep improving to give the bes service to our guests. We hope you can come back soon :D Regards Inés J Front Desk

• USA, Female, 18-24
16th Jul 2017

Staying at this hostel was great experience.I was just disappointed that I couldn't take a shower because the water was FREEZING cold, but I can't complain too much because the price for this place was cheap/affordable. With an exception to the water & the trash cans not being changed too frequently which would smell really bad in the bathroom, I really enjoyed my stay 😊. Outlet, USB, & light was availiable by each bed in the 6 bed rooms that was a MAJOR addition for me!

Hi there :D Thank you so much for your feedback, it is really important because it help us to improve. We hope you can visit us again, regards

• England, Couple, 25-30
14th Jul 2017
4.3

Bloody hell. The roof collapsed and wasn't cleaned up for 24 hours. The power was out, which was not the hostels fault, but instead of powering bathrooms/showers, some rooms, they powered the bar. The bar is incredibly loud (you can't sleep) up until midnight and gets louder as the night goes on. Priorities. Some staff are amazing, others incredibly rude. We overheard other bookings being mismanaged as well. I'd avoid this place, especially given how expensive it is.

Hi there: Thank you for your feedback, we really sorry about your experience, we had a difficult weekend ( no lights,etc) but is not always like that. We hope you can come back in other opportunity and have a better experience with us. Best of luck and good trip!! :) Inés Front Desk

11th Jul 2017

Stayed here twice. If you get the option, definitely pay more for the superior over the standard. In my case, the standard was cold and had windows that opened up to a corridor where everyone walked and made noise throughout the night. The superior was tucked away and much warmer. Overall, this is a huge hostel, so never had an issue using facilities and the breakfast was great. Staff was good too.

9th Jul 2017

Staff is friendly & super informative! They have a tour desk to assist with booking tours & providing transportation info. We had a twin bunk bed private room for 2 with an ensuite. It was small, but did the trick. Breakfast was hard-boiled or raw eggs (could cook raw yourself), fruit, bread, cereal with milk, & coffee/tea/juice. Can purchase decent dinner there on the cheap as well. Place is massive, easy to make friends! WiFi wasn't reliable in room tho. Overall good stay - would stay again!

Hi: Thank you so much for your feedback, we hope to see you again soon. Have a nice trip!!!

• England, Female, 25-30
8th Jul 2017
5.7

I had an incident involving a much older man in my mixed dorm, and staff dealt with this very poorly. It was a very scary experience and staff did not act appropriately - after reassuring me they'd remove him from the property I bumped into him the following morning in the common area. No sympathy, care or protection was shown to me. I felt quite unsafe here. Facilities are good but security and staff let this place down terribly for female travellers.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
7th Jul 2017
8.0

This place is massive but our room was still pretty quiet, the breakfast and kitchen facilities are pretty great. I think with so many people in the place it meant that the hot water wasn't super stable so I had a few cold showers, but it just depended on the time of day I think. The place is generally pretty clean but some of the bathrooms are just a bit older. The location is great, just a few minutes away from both the red and green lines and a short walk to Bellavista, also close to shops.

• Richhbrennan
  • England, Male, 25-30
5th Jul 2017

Massive hostel. More like a hotel. Staff are pleasant. Rooms are clean and always enough showers. Plenty of chill out areas. Safe area and good security.

Hi: Thank you so much for your feedback, we hope to see you again soon :D

13th Jun 2017

Had a great stay here! Great location, walkable and close to major train stop. Large hostel with all amenities you would need, but also has quiet hours so you're not kept up all night. Would stay here again and highly recommend!

Hi there: Thank you so much for your feedback, we hope to see you again!! Regards Inés Front Desk

• Germany, Female, 18-24
9th Jun 2017
8.0

Nice Hostel in a good Location. Would stay there again,but heaters didn't work for two of the three nights. So it was freezing in the rooms.commun areas were quiet cold too. Hostel it quiet big so at breakfast it was really loud and crowded.

Hi there: Thank you so much for your comment, it is really important to us because it helps us to make improvements. We really apologize for the heating problem ( it's all working properly now). We hope to see you again. Regards Inés Front Desk