Hostal Providencia Reviews

Vicuña Mackena 92-A, Santiago, Chile

Good location, breakfast and dorm rooms. Unfortunately the hot water in the shower only lasted for about 15 seconds before turning freezing. Also the kitchen is way too small to accommodate the amount of people staying there (+ there weren't even that many people there when I was there). Also it's a very big hostel and feels more like a hotel so I wouldn't recommend it if you like small hostels where you get to know everyone staying there.

Located near the metro and a short walk to Bella Vista. This is a great place. Staff are friendly and helpful. There is something going on every night and plenty of people around to meet new friends.

• 6th May 2015

Great stay! Would definitely recommend this place. It's a big hostel but it offers really fantastic services such as laundry, towels and housekeeping, a bar and daily food/drink events (e.g. burger night, pisco sour night etc). Breakfast room can be a bit cramped but the breakfast itself more than make up for this: all you can eat bread and fruit AND you can make your own eggs.

Hey! Thank you so much for your comment. We are very glad to know you loved everything, that's the idea: make you guests happy and satisfied. (: Hope to see you soon!

This is a very large hostel in an excellent location with great staff. It operates a little more like a hotel. The kitchen and dining area is too small for the amount of people staying here. The wifi worked well, lots of hot water and beds were comfortable. Overall, a nice stay and but might look for something smaller next time.

Well located. A very large hostel but seems to be well managed. Breakfast was a bit basic but was fine.about a five minute walk to the metro station.can be a bit noisey and the only thing that bothered me as the smell of cigarette smoke from the common areas.

Hostel holds 190 people and has two tiny kitchens and not enough bathrooms. Very impersonal service from staff and got bed bug bites from the sheets. On the positive side the breakfast and wifi are very good as is the location. Have to be buzzed in and out and lockers are very large.

Impressed with the efficiency of the hostel - it's huge (~30 rooms), and they cater well to a massive number of permanent and temporary guests! Breakfast is fantastic with fruit, eggs and bread which isn't completely stale available. Toilet and shower facilities are abundant and clean. Met some awesome people and a nice touch with the free terremoto in the evening!!! Only complaint is the size of the kitchen - it's a stretch fitting four people inside, let alone the number of people who stay!

Hello, Toni! Thank you very much for your comment, your feedback is more than important for us. Indeed the kitchen got small for our massive number of guests, we are going to come up with some good idea to improve this. Hope to see you soon! Kind regards!

Great place to stay in Santiago... Met a lot of nice people there and the pisco tasting was awesome! Thanks 😊

Hello, Lisa! Thank you for your comment, we are very happy to know you enjoyed your stay - and the pisco! Best regards!

Epic breakfast and good rooms, staff super helpful and location was handy.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Hello, Glen! Super thnks for your comment, yout feedback is very important for us. (: Hope to see you soon. Best regards!

I had some trouble getting on to the internet in the last days I was there. The breakfasts are more than adequate except over Easter when there was no fruit. The bathrooms could do with a good clean but were good enough to use given the traffic they had to endure. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Tour desk was excellent. Your need to read all the chalkboard notices as there is so much info in front of your eyes.

Hello, Nerrille! Thank you very much for your comment, Your feedback is super valuable for us. (: Best regards!

Super wonderful hostel. Great breakfast (eggs, bread/jam/butter, cereal, coffee) and lots of common areas to read or do whatever. Courtyard is sweet if you can snag a spot. Bar stays open till midnight, very chill and not at all wild rover-level rowdy. Best rooms are in a section behind the bar. Staff is super friendly and nice, but get a bit distracted with so many ppl coming and going. Normally free laundry, but dryer was broken.

Great location and facilities. The dorms were lovely and spacious. However a very big hostel and felt a little less safe because of this, as its hard for staff to know who's coming and going. Also found the staff a little rude overall, it was all about the money. Could do with more showers

We stayed in the hostel on two occasions, both times were excellent. The staff are all welcoming and really friendly. Carlitos on the bar/ reception seems to speak every language and is always ready to help. There is also an English guy called Eddy that really went above and beyond for us, even on his afternoon off he took us to a place to get the best price for our bicycle equipment. The maids clean the rooms and bathrooms daily and the breakfast was excellent for a hostel. I would reccommend!

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Great location, walking distance to main attractions. Good atmosphere and rooms clean and comfortable. Would stay here again if back in Santiago 👍

Cool Hostel.

I basically never spoke twice with the same people at the reception, but it was ok because the hostel is very big. I was disappointed because I couldn't call a mobile of another country, but it's a bit of a weird request, I guess. Beds are good, clean and made every day. Baths are great and breakfast and towel included. Good value for money and good vibe, as there are a load of rooms.

I loved this hostel! I was here for four nights in a solo room, shared bath. The staff were so helpful and friendly in both English and Spanish. The hostel was cute and clean - you saw cleaning people all over, every day. Security was tight coming and going and I disliked that you couldn't leave without them buzzing you out, but it was a minor inconvenience. I don't like a crazy atmosphere, and this hostel was chill and quiet when I slept. They also had all kinds of free activities! Stay here!

• 19th Mar 2015

Hostal Providencia is the perfect place to stay in Santiago ! Close to everything, nice and helpful staff ( cheers Mario !), beautiful and stylish house where you feel like home ! Wifi and all the others facilities are good, and breakfast is delicious .. I had a great time with you guys, thank you so much !

Overall a clean hostel with good amenities. However, the staff were kind of rude when we arrived but became better as our stay continued. The breakfast was extremely good and filling. Very very large hostel, so take this Ito consideration when booking.

Loud and party friendly however I had just got off a 36 hour flight and wanted to sleep which didn't really pan out for me. Cool vibe though

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4