8.5
8.5
Fabulous 298 Total Reviews

• Germany, Female, 25-30
10th Feb 2017

We had a fantastic 4 night stay in room #5 - a private double room with ensuite. The room was beautiful and the bathroom was luxurious for a hostel. The owner / manager looked after us beautifully with sightseeing and activity suggestions as well as good advice for our onward journey to San Gil. There weren't many other people staying at the time. So it was quiet and we had the self catering kitchen & fridge to ourselves. We enjoyed the quiet, but others may miss some partying / socialising???

4th Feb 2017

Great location, hostess was superbly nice and accommodating. Enjoyed the breakfast. The outdoor kitchen was great to use, there are plenty of small grocers nearby and it was amazing making our first own dinner in over a month.

2nd Feb 2017

2 minute walk from the main square. Internal courtyard is a good place for a beer on an evening. Private room is small but adequate, hostel also has a main gate for added security. The 2 women we dealt with, one spoke no English and the other (the owner) spoke a little.

• Spain, Female, 18-24
11th Jan 2017

This is a gem in the crown that is Villa de Leyva. Th hostal shines for its incredibly value for money and its great location (halfway between the bus station and the main plaza). I loved staying here as the calming city and the great facilities helped me get my sleep back! Also, Maria, the owner, is like a second mother I was so lucky to meet and chat for a while. I would not only recommend but I'm definitely coming back to Hostal Rana when I get back to Leyva.

4th Jan 2017

was a bit noisy in the nighttime , because of location close square.cocks start crowing around 3am.owner likes to turn the radio on at 6am( loud)ear plugs recommended.:-)))))

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
8th Dec 2016
6.6

The lady was grumpy and rude. She was inflexible about one of our friends canceling last minute and then tried to rent out the bed without giving us a refund (she reluctantly gave us a refund on the bed). She also forgot to give us keys to the hostel and got annoyed when we rang the bell to get back in. We also had to remind her to give us our passports back after several hours passed.

7th Dec 2016
6.9

I live near V. de Leyva and knew the place would be packed for the light fest so I made a reservation a month in advance on purpose. When I arrived, they claimed they never got my reservation and they don't have a bed for me. Plus, the price I booked was too low so they couldn't honor it (40,000 more). I was beyond mad because I knew the other hostels were full. It took nearly an honor to persuade the owner I need a bed and not a blowupbed bc I made a fair reservation at the price.

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
26th Oct 2016
7.7

We were there in low season and were the only ones staying at the hostel, so we didn't spend much time there. The owner has a gordito dog (black lab-ish) named Pepe who loves to be petted. We stayed in a private double with ensuite which was clean, the bed was fairly comfortable.

• USA, Female, 31-40
21st Oct 2016

I had a lovely stay at La Rana. La senora was helpful, friendly, and accomdating. I stayed in a private room with a private bathroom and I was very comfortable.

• taraegriffin663
  • USA, Female, 31-40
8th Oct 2016

Don´ t arrive late, otherwise you won´ t have the bed you reserved...back hurts now from the couch. Otherwise nice place, friendly people. Que no llegas tarde, yo llegue tarde y cuando llegue ya no estaba mi cama en el dormitorio y toco quedar en un sofa cama, además no tenia puerta entonces dolio mi espalda el siguente día. Aparte que esto el lugar fue chevere y la gente amable.