Hostal Rural Reviews

Centro, Calle Calama 257, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

Absolutely loved this hostel. Being picky only things during our 3 nights were Cold showers and the power went out once. The staff are awesome and always willing to help. Teed up a few tours for me and my mrs and also gave us tips about cruising around San Pedro.

• 23rd Nov 2015
  • New Zealand

Really enjoyed my stay here. Great to meet other travellers in a nice relaxed atmosphere. I only stayed 2 nights but would have liked to stay more. There was a bonfire lit both nights I was there and everyone would hangout. Great location, decent rooms and v helpful staff. Security and cleanliness could be a little better.

• 21st Nov 2015

Staff were awesome! Great place to stay. Highly recommended.

Hostel rural is in the perfect location for bars and restaurants. It has a chilled lazy atmosphere which is perfect after a day trip to kick back and relax. The staff are amazing and helped us book all of our tours. Unfortunately we only stayed one night but wish we had stayed more.

Strength: centrally located, wifi working well, staff always helpful, it's the kind of hostel where one can socialize a lot, nice atmosphere, quiet after 12am Weaknesses: cleanliness of rooms not at its best, no credit card, rooms are small, so not a lot of space

Great staff, great wifi. Powerpoints for top bunks. Helped me with all my tours. Hammocks are great for relaxing. Best place.

I had a great time in Hostal Rural, they are in a very central location of town. The staff knows all about the different tours and can arrange things if you need it. Unfortunately sometimes they are quite busy. The social aspect of the hostel is excellent, although I was missing chairs with some more back support than the benches they have. Amenitywise, it's great that they have charging lockers, less great that there are only two showers for about 25 people in the hostel. Still, recommended!

Patchy Internet, not the best facilities, and pretty chilled on security. But if you can get beyond that this is one of the best hostels we've visited. Hammocks and evening fire pits add to a brilliant atmosphere. The tours you book from the hostel are as good as anything available in town. And the best thing about it - the staff. Rodger and Nate on the front desk were ultimate dudes, uber helpful and very friendly. They went above and beyond.

Very nice hostel! Room was clean (confortable beds and individual plug for everyone), good kitchen and near the main street. They helped us with all tours and it all worked well. The only thing was that in one of the bathrooms the water didn´t stay hot during all the time (they told me they will fix it next month), but the other shower was good. I´d stay there again if I could go back to San Pedro.

Awesome hostal all round. Love the art work, chilled vibe, very friendly and funny staff. Very fast and reliable internet, good showers for the town and location could not be better.

Hostel is right in the centre of San Pedro de Atacama with great and friendly staff who are always there to help. Kitchen and other facilities are good standard and the outside communal space is a great area to relax.

pros: definitely, the atmosphere. The staff are excellent. I arranged my tours with them for a good price and excellent quality. In the evening, they make a campfire...great to warm and talk with the others guests . Cons: room is tight.

Great hostel. Super helpful staff. Definitely would reccomend to stay here. The staff can help you book great day tours for a very reasonable price (which is hard to come by in San Pedro since it's an expensive town). The asados they do are delicious. Perfect location. Social/relaxed vibe.

I absolutely loved my experience here! Natanael and all the staff were warm and friendly. I loved the fire pit they had in the evenings and the cooling cave. I now have such great memories thanks to Hostal Rural!

Showers not warm. Dorm room not at all secure. Music/noise played loudly all day until late. Dirty beds.

One of my fave ever hostels! The staff make this place so great and relaxed, they're so funny and warm. It's such a nice place to chill out, the vibe is great, with campfires and chats every night. They're doing extensive renovations so the noise might bother some people but I really didn't mind it. Location is perfect, right near the main street, and the rooms and bathroom are cleaned properly every day. I loved my stay at Rural! Would recommend to everyone.

Hostel Rural has a great a location and amazing atmosphere! It's a little hostel where everybody gets to know each other. The kitchen is little and cute and the hammocks are great. The staff are very helpful! Would stay here again.

An amazing hostel with great people. Staff were incredibly helpful with setting up tours to Uyuni, Valle de Luna and horse riding as well as providing lots of brilliant general advice. Would thoroughly recommend this place.

Bit overpriced and the showers can be tempermental but overall a decent place to stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4