Fabulous 921 Total Reviews
Fabulous 921 Total Reviews
Hostal Rural Located at Centro, Calle Calama 257, , San Pedro de Atacama.
Chile
San Pedro de Atacama Antofagasta 1410000 Centro, Calle Calama 257
89% 921
-22.9118355 -68.2014942
    Rooms available

26th May 2016

Great location in the center of town and friendly staff that are very helpful with booking tours! If you are planning early tours, bring headphones for sleeping since it is more of a party hostal with a fun atmosphere. Only complaint was that the wifi didn't reach my bedroom. I would definitely recommend this hostal and would return if I went back to San Pedro de Atacama!

• England, Mixed Group, 25-30
18th May 2016

Hostal Rural We loved our stay at Hostal Rural! The place has a very chilled out vibe, which is great for relaxing and also meeting people! Nate on reception was extremely friendly and helpful, as were the other members of staff. On the day we left the hostel provided a free barbecue for everyone! Dorms are basic and can be quite dark, however the showers are hot and reasonably powerful, considering it's in the desert! Would definitely stay again!

• edoardolavarini
  • England, Couple, 18-24
11th May 2016

If only there was a possibility to give this hostel 11 out of 10. Been travelling for 2 year and this is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed in. It's been a home away from home in a perfect location in one of the most picturesque places in the world. The hostel attracts a great array of people creating a fantastic environment which could only ever be improved by the staff, especially Natanael who makes this hostel a mini paradise, with his great hospitality and generosity!Stay here !!!!

• New Zealand, Couple, 25-30
7th May 2016
5.7

Beds were uncomfortable and creaky. Floors very unclean. Not enough showers / toilets and everyone is usually up at the same time for tours. Tours not the best value but ok, I would strongly advise against the astronomical tour and the salt flats through them, others are fine. 2 English speaking staff were excellent, but others beyond useless (even when speaking Spanish to them). Showers and WiFi mixed but not too bad overall. Non stop rubbish music on full blast

• England, Female, 18-24
7th May 2016

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! There is a great vibe, beds are comfy and the WiFi is fast. Happy with the tours I booked through the desk. The staff couldn't do enough for you (thanks guys for looking after me when I was ill). Check out Roots Cafe also. Overall, completely recommended Hostel Rural :))))

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
6th May 2016
7.1

Booked the hostal because of all the positive reviews. I kind of have mixed feelings about it. Some people of the staff where super friendly, helpfull and nice and others just did not really care. The kitchen was alright but more for heating than cooking meals. One day I was really sick from the alitude and there was a party going om on the roof until 5 in the afternoon, but another night it was really silent. I was really really happy with the Uyuni tour I booked through the hostel!!!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
6th May 2016

The staff were so helpful. Went through the hostel to book my 3 day trip to uyuni which was absolutely amazing!! The tour company was skyline tours and were very safe and gave us yummy food alone the way! However some other people who wanted to extend their stay were told it was okay but then found out that they had to change hostels! My advice if you want to extend your stay at hostel rural you should go through hostel world!

1st May 2016

One of my favorite hostel experiences in South America! Not a party hostel, but it is very friendly and social. I met so many awesome people here - both the guests and the management. I spent 3 nights, but could easily have spent a week. Wifi is the fastest I've seen in months. A little pricier than other options - but the vibe and facilities make it more than worth it. Check out the beautiful architecture and art scattered all over the hostel!

• England, Female, 25-30
29th Apr 2016

I travelled round South America for 5 months and this was by far my favourite hostel. The people are the absolute best and I had the most amazing time. If you are a party person and are after good vibes - ENJOY! I have never laughed so hard and made friends for life.

• Germany, All Female Group, 18-24
26th Apr 2016
8.0

Everything is fine and it has a real nice common area, but like everything in town it is really expensive, you can find easily find a cheaper place.