Hostal Rural Reviews

Centro, Calle Calama 257, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

Hostel seems like it could be good on paper but was far from the truth. They were always understaffed and there was one extremely rude, and strict staff member (shouldn't take long to work out who if you stay there) who was constantly hassling everyone/ snitching over the dumbest things then pretending to be your friend later. Only had 2 showers and 3 toilets through the hostel. Saving grace was Raffael who organised our tours. They don't let ANYONE in from outside even in the common area.

Probably the best hostel i've ever been, not only because of the amazing facilities, the unbeatable location (20 meters from the main road), but also because of the AMAZING Staff, always willing to help and very Kind, specially Hans! Also, this is the only hostel in San Pedro that has a (great!) Bar inside the hostel, with great prices. I will be definitely coming back to Atacama this year, and obviously to Hostal Rural.

Best receptionist EVA

Great hostel, awesome atmosphere, especially in the evenings. Just a few steps from the main street snd not too far from the bus terminal. And such welcoming, joyous and helpful people too! Really enjoyed my stay.

Enjoyed my time here. Of the three nights i was there we had a dj and a magician. They organised all the tours for you. The town of san pedro is very dusty so youll get dirty and tge town has a limited supply of water per day. They were doing renovations to get a bar and more rooms which will it even better. Great hostel for S.P.d.A will recommend to anyone .

I do not recommend a stay at this hostel! I booked two tours through the hostel, which both had major issues solely due to the handling by the hostel staff. The rule of "no noise after midnight" was not followed even by hostel staff/owner. The owner himself was extremely rude to me by withdrawing his hand quickly after he supposedly wanted to "greet" me! The dorm bathroom had no lock and the free Wi-Fi was not working, the enterance/dorm was always unlocked and my dorm locker was not functional

Positive: Clean hostel with a crazy atmosphere at night (incl. DJ and camp fire). Staff is very friendly and the kitchen is very good. I highly recommend to book all your tours at this hostel. They are cheap and very good. Negative: WiFi was only working 1 out of 3 days. In addition there was no warm water for showering.

Great hostel, awesome location- staff was the highlight namely Enrique! Tours organised by hostel were great too. Strongly recommend.

Front door is never locked. There are some great people in the staff, specially Enrique, but they bring a lot of strangers from outside. Perfect location, right in the middle of San Pedro. If you are going to do a lot in San Pedro and needs to rest, this is not the place to stay: everyday there is music until midnight-1am, and the beds are really close to the place people drink and party.

It's an ok hostel, a bit noise for my taste but a good value for money.

Right now it's a little loud because of constructions going on, and I also missed a real social area. But still it was a very nice stay, especially because of the great staff!

Positive: Excellent location, just in the centre of the village. Friendly staff, ready to help with the tours and other information. Negative: WiFi was not working and the shower was cold. In 5 nights, I had just one with hot shower. I would stay there again! :)

The owner was super nice, friendly and helpful. He was always trying to help me no matter what. I enjoyed my stay a lot. Location was perfect.

• 26th Dec 2015
  • Hong Kong

Great atmosphere and well organized service especially with booking tours. I think the music played during the day could be calmer and less loud. But the staff was very nice and Nathaniel especially was a great host and gave good advice!

• 25th Dec 2015
  • Lebanon

Hostal Rural is a SUPER HIPSTER and ARTSY place! The staff were really friendly and helpful with booking activites (e.g. sandboarding, tours, and bike riding etc) and telling us about San Pedro de Atacama. Wifi is strongest outside the office. Quiet hours start at midnight which I think is a bit late. Only thing that I wasn't completely happy with was there's only two showers and 3 toilets! Oh, and if breakfast was provided that'd be great too! Ah, laundry is expensive too.. like everything.

Natainiel, reception, very efficient, smart and kind. The hostel is perfectly located behind the noisy main street, but just right there if you want to go out and dine and drink. Goos facilities and overall you get all you need.

Best hostel staff ever! Thanks for the BBQ and help with tours!

The review about the showers and the small lockers are true, but the Hostal Rural have such AN AMAZING ATMOSPHERE that anything else matters. Every night I was there, there were a camp fire so people could chat and drink in a cozy ambient. The staff is also noteworthy, especially Natanael, who booked few tours for me and even called the transfer company to confirm my return trip to the airport. I strongly recommend Hostal Rural, and I'm definitely staying there the next time I go to San Pedro

Great staff and great location! The hostel is really colourful, with cool vibes, hammocks and a fire every night. Staff are very helpful with booking tours. Stay here!

Amazing hostel! The staff were super friendly and the hostel had a great vibe.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4