Hostal Rural Reviews

Centro, Calle Calama 257, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

No hot water which can be really frustrating. No breakfast included and no kitchen to use.

Atacama was an unforgettable experience largely due to the staff from H Rural. The staff spoke fluent English. The staff really cared about the guests and felt like true good friends. very knowledgeable on best toura, best restaurants, and cheapest buys. The hostel itself was made for connection where all the guests could talk all night, make fires, and relax in hammocks. Wi-Fi is FAST.

YEAH! This is it! please people who are reading the reviews, THIS IS THE KIND OF AWESOME PEOPLE THAT WE WANT!!! Thanks for getting us and helping us have a great time, because we are here for you but you make our job amazing, people like you girls! Fisk Over and Out!

By far the best hostel in which I've ever stayed,Hector and Clarence make you feel at home, speak perfect English,and give you really good advice on tours (you can book them through the hostel).The place has lively and energetic vibe and you'll meet a lot of new people.The guys want to get to know you and help you out in any way possible. Because of them and the overall atmosphere at the hostel,I ended up spending a lot more time in San Pedro than what I had originally planned.Don't think twice!

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Finland

Located centrally in San Pedro and with cool staff, they were let down by absolutely screwing our washing (ruined hundreds of dollars of clothes) and there being ants all through our dorm. The vibe at the hostel is chill but there's also no breakfast.

Hostel all right, but expensive for what it is. For the same price, you can find better in the same area.

Great hostel, loved the hammocks! The staff was really friendly and helpfull. The hostel is perfectly situated at the main street of San Pedro. The only downside was the small kitchen.

Esta bien localizado, el personal que atiende es amable.

Great hostel as central as you get it. Great common area with hammocks, bonfire, music, etc. The staff were helpful and friendly. Apart from that only one person from the staff spoke English, which made it a bit complicated as I dont speak spanish, this hostel is great and if I go back to San Pedro I will definitely stay there again.

Good location, friendly staff and good rooms.

• 29th Dec 2014

Very nice and comfy hostel. The staff is really nice and young - can be a bit blue.. (Y) See you in the Swiss Alps fuga!:D Recommended!

Nice hostel, the help you with the tours.

This hostel claimed they took credit card when I emailed them but then informed us that they didn't, which was annoying. We booked our salt flats tour and the geysers tour through them so that was handy. The kitchen is tiny and the front door was always open which felt really safe.

Good location, good facilities with hot water most of the time and a good atmosphere to meet people. No breakfast, but good kitchen. Location is right off the main street. I'd recommend staying here while in San Pedro.

Hostel Rrual hasn't very clean bathrooms. Although the staff is really nice, the cleanliness could improve a lot.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Chile

VEry nice staff, always helpful regardless if you stay there or not. Also very good English skills. The hostel's atmosphere is more for younger folks who love to party a lot, so it gets a bit loud in the nights.

Stayed here as there wasn't much choice in San Pedro when we booked - the hostel itself is clean and plesant. Didn't have storage for rucksacks in the rooms and the atmosphere was pretty poor as I think most people were either planning or returning from through Salt Flats trip. Hostel did organise our Salt Flats trip for us and can't flaunt them on that.

It is unbelievable that you can write this, first read about this amazing place, we have over 25 destinations in the area. One of the best sunsets in the world is in the Moon's Valley, and for your information you can go to Peru, South of Chile, Argentina (salta) and bolivia, so please dont say ever again " I think most people were either planning or returning from through Salt Flats trip." SORRY if the quality of the hostel wasnt good enough i mean 95%atmos is just not that good enough huh?

The hostel was great. Was able to check in early and the staff was super friendly. I booked a couple of tours through the hostel but was also recommended other companies that offered slightly more. The atmosphere was great and there were plenty of other great people staying at the hostel. Was able to relax a lot yet be social or do activities whenever. Halloween was very interesting thanks to lots of Pisco!

• 29th Oct 2014

This hostel is way overrated: the bunk-beds are super shaky and make noise each time someone turns around; the lockers are super-small; there are reminders everywhere to save water, but the shower in our room was leaking constantly; hot water in the shower barely works and is very hard to adjust; worst thing: staff tries to sell you "the best tours in town", the Luna Valley Tour was crowded (40+ persons) and the Star Gazing was cancelled for no reason. At least I was given an apology. Dont go!

Awesome hostel! Clarence and Ignacio (nacho) are the best!! They helped me plan all of my tours and were great! The atmosphere is very fun and everyone hangs out together in the common space. I wanted to stay longer, but they were booked up. I still hung out there even after I had to move hostels! Highly recommend!

Cool hostel, very relaxed atmosphere. The staff are super friendly and can help with organising any tours or activities around San Pedro. Would recommend this hostel for sure

View all San Pedro de Atacama Hostels