Hostal Rural Reviews

Centro, Calle Calama 257, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

Excelent place! In the heart of San Pedro. Recommend for all backpackers!

My sister and I had a great time here. Pablo who worked in Reception was great as well as Xavier who works around the place. Much of the art work is his doing. Great atmosphere. Very comfortable. I would stay there again for sure!!!

Great hostel. Cosy and good location

Clarence our receptionist showed us such a great time there. Booked all our tours for cheap, hung out in the desert late night, and made a huge hostel wide dinner. Highly recommend and would love to go back one day.

• 25th Mar 2014

When I just got at the hostel (around 10pm) there was no one at the reception, I waited and when the staff guy arrived, he realized my bed was not made. The lockers are really small, you can't put a bag in there, just small stuff. It could have more plugs as well. The bathrooms were clean, the location is perfect. I booked the tour to Salar de Tara at the hostel and it was great.

Hostel in a very good location of the town. Average staff, not the cleanlinest bathrooms and quite often queues. Can be quite a noisy place with groups of party travellers. Yet, the atmosphere in the hostel is better than in many others.

Unbelievable location and crazzzy affordable. Awesome vibe, meet great people, and the staff was great (even that clown Clarence) hah everyone is really laid back and.all about helping you have a great stay in san pedro. The comments about people stealing stuff are laughable these guys dont have a bad bone in their bodies, one of em even loaned me a jacket when it was cold. Don't stay anywhere else unless youre rich and boring. America OUT

• 11th Mar 2014

Best staff ever. Cheapest tour offers and awesome atmosphere!

Administration is on hands of too young kids and it shows in certain aspects such as tidiness and organization. Upon arrival they had no record of our reservations. They have rules they don't follow themselves, such as not touching other's food and beverages in the fridge. Room and bathrooms were not clean, dust and dirt under the beds and behind the doors. It has only 2 showers for all the guests. Constant requests to replace the toilet paper in the bathroom. Need of sensor-lights for the night

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Chile

We had a great time staying here, the hostal is very cool with a relaxed and friendly vibe. We kept our bags in the reception all day after check-out & they accomodated us hanging around! Very friendly staff, to get fully involved it helps if you speak Spanish (which I don't really) but still excellent English spoken! If you are looking for somewhere super organised this isn't for you, however, we booked two tours through the hostel & they were great! I'd stay again for a fun & relaxed place!

Great hostel, great atmosphere. Highly recommended!

Nice and helpful staff, great location and great trips on offer! Liked it!

Lovely place, hippy atmosphere with all the hammacs and paintings on the walls. Unfortunately It could have been THE place to suggest if half of the staff wasn't into putting on (very) loud music, such as a remixes of Britney spears songs... A shame because it made us leave more than once. The music was way to loud and it could last from 3pm to midnight. Also NO hot water in 4 days. Not cool (or too cool :)).

They have fast internet, staff organizes desert parties. Lockers and rooms are small. Big lockers avsilable but i heard you hace to pay therefore. Aside of it, first impression is the "wtf" i went to, but soon you will see everything is quite well there. Would go again to that place

Thanks for your review, we're glad that you liked our hostel and that you noticed all our efforts to make parties. Anyway, the big lockers are for free, we only ask for a deposit if you need a lock that we can provide to you. Thanks also for the "wtf" part, everyday we fix that a little bit more and we're are trying to show our customers what we really are from the beginning, you already know. Be fine, bye.

It was like a party hostel - they have BBQ party and it was a bit noisy even after midnight. However, the location and a is so good. Room was clean but water was leaked through the roof in my room. (They repaired right after I leaved) The tour price they offered is somewhat expensive so compare other tour agencies. Hot shower is not actually provided when I stayed.

Great hostel. Very friendly staff who helped us with contacting people. There was a party on the night that we stayed so most of us had trouble sleeping. I was the only one who managed to sleep through it so I was very happy with it.

hostel rural was a very nice place to stay the people there are very friendly and it is possible to communicate with no spanish the rooms are shared and mixed but if you have no problem with that and you want to have fun i would defenetly recommend it. it is clean with a really nice shower. my stay was enjoyable and would reccomend it for anyone looking for a good time. i would not reccomend it for people who want to be in peace since there is always something happening

• 12th Jan 2014
  • Greece

Guys from staff were great! Bed and bathroom were honest to the price, the location made it easy to go anywhere. The bad thing was the TOO loud music, all day long. So loud that I was not able to talk to people because I could not hear them. And the owner was not so polyte with the guests, most of the time. Be sure to ask any detail about the tours you book at the reception, so you can avoid any misunderstood.

I had so much fun at this hostel, surrounded by beautiful art, created by the owner and an amazing vibe. The staff, especially Ian, were amazingly helpful and very easy to get along with. Ended up staying here a lot longer than I was suppose to as I completely fell in love. So much to do around the area, even it is fairly touristy it felt so chilled and Chilean. Would recommend to anyone.

• 22nd Dec 2013

Great hostel, nice staff very helpful and good location.

View all San Pedro de Atacama Hostels