Hostal Santillan Reviews

Avda. Gran V�a, 64. 8� D, 28013, Madrid, Spain

A bit strange that the safe in the room 'eats' up 50 cents everytime.

Friendly staff and clean rooms on a major street. Tons of restaurants and shops right outside and if you walk down the side streets you can find great local places within five minutes. Easy walking distance to La Latina, the palace, cathedral, museums, everything. Metro stations a few minutes in any direction. WiFi worked great.

Loved the place and people. A quiet and clean hostel near Madrid 's main areas

I would definitely recommend the place for other guests. It´s good located and staff is friendly, honest and clean. Really great choice!

The hotel was great located and the room in the top floor was really nice. A great bed and bathroom. Only the breakfast could have been a bit better. The scrambled egg was always looking (and tasting) really old and when you came later, cheese and salami etc. had water on it. Other than that ok breakfast when you think about it that it was included in the already low price. Personal was really helpful. Overall we really enjoyed our stay.

Great place to stay if you are looking for something small and quiet. I had a cute cozy single room there which was very nice for a hostel. My only problems were 1) the elevator was quite loud all night from my room (although I imagine this is not true of all rooms) and 2) the heat is controlled for the entire floor and was on high when I was there, so it was kind of hot in my room even with the windows open.

Excellent location of the hostel. Friendly and courteous staff who provided information of the city and points of interest. Would stay there again and recommend the hostel to family and friends looking for accommodations in Madrid.

I travel a lot and this is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in.

• 22nd Oct 2015
  • Serbia

Staff were lovely, hotel was clean and in a great location but was very noisy, though mainly due to inconsiderate guests

Everything was as described. The room was clean and comfortable, and has a private bathroom. The person who checked us in was very pleasant, as were the other staff members. Highly recommended.

This is a great place to stay in. They give great advice about where to go. The location is top-notch at Gran Via and very close to plaza mayor and Sol. Close to Espana metro station too. I loved it there.

• 2nd Oct 2015

Good location, good facilities in the private room. Toilet is in another room , the shower and sink are part of the open room, not separated either. It was a nice place, good staff and very clean.

• 17th Sep 2015
  • Poland

It's a very nice and classy hostel with a really cool old-style lift. The rooms were very nice. The air-conditioner didn't work so well - we had to leave it on a long time before it got cooler in the room. The staff was really nice, especially the second day. The first guy we met didn't even tell us about the kitchen.. so we thought we didn't have access to a kitchen.. All in all a comfortable stay

View all Madrid Bed and Breakfasts