Hostal Santillan Reviews

Avda. Gran V�a, 64. 8� D, 28013, Madrid, Madrid, Spain

Very good value for money (by European standards)!

It was a very great place with a lot of history with a nice elevator. Very safe for a woman by herself and I liked because it felt like I was living there because I had my own keys and I didn't need to ring a any bell or anything. I really recommend this place and I will go back there for sure. The location is just perfect for families, couples....my room was close to the elevator thaugh so I could hear some noise

• 2nd Apr 2014

Perfect location, and great atmosphere. Definitely recommend if looking for a good time in Madrid. I will definitely be back.

Arrived on a friday night and told the guy I wanted to extend our stay, the guy told me, we talk in the morning and we'll work things out, I went there in the morning and he told me they had no available rooms, and trying to book someplace else they told us to leave the room because they had to clean so I had to book in the reception. I didn't like this place very much.

Very friendly staff

very good hostel !

• 11th Feb 2014
  • Romania

I have just been for a night at Hostal Santillan, however, I can definitely say they were so helpful to me. I had a problem with my luggage during my stay in Madrid, but they supported me and gave me solutions.

very quiet, well maintained and just like a nice hotel. Great central location.

Excellent location on Gran Via near the Metro. I arrived late - around midnight but someone was there to check me in. Room was clean and fine for a short stay. Nobody seemed to speak any English but it wasn't a problem. Room was at the back away from the lift and the main street so very quiet. I enjoyed my stay.

• 17th Jan 2014

Very friendly staff and perfect location. However, the room was about 6m2 which included the shower and wash basin (in the same room). The shower didn't work, but a shared one was available. The major downside for me was that the building is extremely noisey: you can hear cleaning staff/people talking at the reception as if they're right in your room. And the only 'window' was to the liftshaft... with the lift movements creating even more noise.

• 13th Dec 2013

The "Basic single shared bathroom" is the smallest room we have, 8 square meters. We have reviewed the shower in your room and we have not seen anything, it works normally. If you have any problems in the room please notify in recepeción, most are resolved within minutes.

really nice hostel^^ nice location nice staff^^ thank you!!

• 25th Oct 2013