Hostal Santillan Reviews

Avda. Gran V�a, 64. 8� D, 28013, Madrid, Spain

Excellent location of the hostel. Friendly and courteous staff who provided information of the city and points of interest. Would stay there again and recommend the hostel to family and friends looking for accommodations in Madrid.

I travel a lot and this is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in.

• 22nd Oct 2015
  • Serbia

Staff were lovely, hotel was clean and in a great location but was very noisy, though mainly due to inconsiderate guests

Everything was as described. The room was clean and comfortable, and has a private bathroom. The person who checked us in was very pleasant, as were the other staff members. Highly recommended.

This is a great place to stay in. They give great advice about where to go. The location is top-notch at Gran Via and very close to plaza mayor and Sol. Close to Espana metro station too. I loved it there.

• 2nd Oct 2015

Good location, good facilities in the private room. Toilet is in another room , the shower and sink are part of the open room, not separated either. It was a nice place, good staff and very clean.

• 17th Sep 2015
  • Poland

It's a very nice and classy hostel with a really cool old-style lift. The rooms were very nice. The air-conditioner didn't work so well - we had to leave it on a long time before it got cooler in the room. The staff was really nice, especially the second day. The first guy we met didn't even tell us about the kitchen.. so we thought we didn't have access to a kitchen.. All in all a comfortable stay

Good location, good facilities in the private room. Toilet is in another room though so the 'private bathroom' isn't quite complete. The shower and sink are part of the open room, not separated either.

Traditional hostal in the heart of Madrid. Situated in an old building downtown, it's a fair hostel. I've been going there time and again since 2007, and it has always been a very good and cheap option in Madrid. It has no breakfast, but it is near every bar you can dream in downtown Madrid for a desayuno,

I had a private room, and if all you're looking for is a quiet place to sleep in a great location, this place is a great value for your money. It was clean, great air conditioner, fantastic location, and the staff gave me lots of advice about what to see and do.

It was a nice place to stay, very well located. But if you are going in summer, you should know that they don't have air conditioning, and it is almost impossible to stay there with 40°C outside, this is the main problem. Besides that, is a very nice place, good staff and very clean.

As soon as I got there I was impressed. The staff is extremely courteous and friendly. The hostel is also in a prime location in Madrid, with the major tourist attractions only a walk away. Security is also very good, which was very important to me in choosing a place to stay. All in all, I felt like I got the best bargain while there.

• 20th Jun 2015

It was perfect hostel and stuffs were perfect too .

i stayed here one night. It was too much noisy during all the night!

View all Madrid Bed and Breakfasts