Hostal Sol Andino Reviews

Aroma St #6, La Paz, Bolivia

The beds were a bit uncomfortable, and seemed to tilt to one side (left) when you lay on top.

The first room they tried to give me smelled horrible, like strong cleaning chemicals. I requested a new room, and they gave me one with no smell. However, the hallways throughout this entire place were very dark! I had to use my iPhone flashlight to see! Also they charge $3 USD per night to rent a space heater.

I don't know what Bolivia has against heating! My room here was freezing as it was minus 4 outside, no heating inside and a window left wide open. I later learned you can hire heaters which is a joke in such cold temperatures - warmth in a hotel should never be optional.The shower was hot though. The location is good, the staff were friendly and the breakfast was good. Not a party hostel, not much shared space etc, but it's close to the action. I'd stay again but I wouldn't be excited about it!

Fantastic roof deck and breakfast!

This is more like a hotel than a hostel, but I liked that. The room was cleaned daily with fresh towels. It's really close to the witches market and a good starting point for exploring the city. The staff on reception were super helpful. Breakfast was also pretty decent. It's a shame we only made it out of bed in time once.

The facilities are good, fast wifi, hot tea downstairs all day, great staff (but only 1girl who speaks english as we can't speak much spanish), room cleaned everyday. And it's close to witches market and few nice restaurant. We booked the bus to copacabana from the hostel which was good too. Everything is good. But it doesn't feel like a hostel at all, more like a cheap hotel. And the place is a little dark...

I stayed at Hostal Sol Andino for 2 nights and the room was great, large, clean and comfortable. The staff were very helpful, one of the staffs waited for me for over an hour at the bus terminal because my bus was late from Puno.. I really appreciated it. They were also very helpful for arranging the tour.

It is rather a hotel than a hostel, but at a decent price. Very well located yet quiet. Definitely not a party hostel, but ideal for a calm night. Warm water in the private shower, spacious bed and quite large room. Coca tea against the altitude sickness is available from leaves at any time of the day or night, and the reception is occupied 24h, too. If they call you a taxi to the airport, it is 70 BOB, thus, more expensive than if you take the same in the street (around 50-70 BOB).

Perfection. Alive but not a huge party.

This hostel is in a nice location in the center of La Paz. We had a good double bed in our room and the shower was really hot. The bathroom could be a bit cleaner and less smelly. The Wi-Fi was fast, even in our room. The breakfast was ok and you could choose which kind of egg you wanted. We also made use of the laundry which was delivered back to us without any problems.

Great decoration, amazing staff and breakfast. The staff was really helpful and extremely friendly. The hotel is very central and for further locations you can take a taxi - these are really cheap and the staff told us exactly how much to pay for each ride. This saved us from being ripped off. I would definitely say here again.

Absolutely loved this hotel (not really a hostel - there are no shared rooms). HOT water, beautifully painted rooms, breakfast included, genuinely friendly staff, competitive booking for activities (more than one option offered), clean, great location. I planned to stay for one night but ended up staying for four nights.

Our room upon initial check-in (#103) was damp, the sheets were dirty and there was black mold all over the ceiling of the bathroom and it opened up to the street and was noisy. We asked to move rooms (they don't show you to your rooms, which is a bit of a labyrinth) and moved to #205, which was much better, cleaner with no mold, although now none of the windows opened in case of fire, plus it was warm. Breakfast was good with fruit, yogurt and eggs and the staff was friendly.

Sol andino was in a great location, near the witches market and other sights. Very clean rooms and good breakfast included.

Nice place to stay. We had a 3-perso triple with a private bathroom. The price is good, location is convenient and it was safe. Hot water for showers. Good wifi. Airport pickup. They let us in and had a room ready for us at 4 a.m. so that was very nice. The staff didn't speak English so don't count on that though. Overall I would recommend.

Pretty chill place. 10min walk to the bus terminal, spitting distance to the witches markets (overhyped imo). Quiet rooms. Pool table upstairs was a nice touch, although the tips on all the pool cues are warn away. I did laundry at this hostel and they lost a sock and flogged my washing bag. Bit annoying. I argued 25Bs off the laundry price though, so not a big deal.

Very basic hostel. Not much in the way of facilities but on the flip side, the staff are super friendly and helpful. A fairly decent breakfast by hostel standards, eggs, fruit, yogurt, yummy bread, juice, tea, coffee. The only downside, the smell from the drains.

Good hostel. Good location. Staff were helpful. Great breakfast. Not a huge atmosphere, but it had a very nice common area. The only issue was you could hear traffic noise at night from the room.

Really good Hostal, Service and Facilities like a Hotel. Only one point: It can get a little cold during the night

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

A blunder with our reservation was quickly resolved. Room was right up the top floor [wish they had an elevator} breakfast was substantial. Easy to organise tours from their ie death road bike ride. good location- near witches market san pedro prison not far away. Staff friendly though some are new and still learning the ropes. clean facilities, WIFI so-so