Hostal Sol Andino Reviews

Aroma St #6, La Paz, Bolivia

Great staff. Very helpful.

• 14th Apr 2014
  • Colombia

Everything was actually really good! Except for bed bugs in Room 103. First night of my trip and lots and lots of bites. But everything else was good ' just avoid that room

• 5th Apr 2014

An awesome place. Close to everything. Stayed on the 6th floor and had the games room to ourselves. Amazing views from here.

The highlight of my stay here has to be the more than helpful staff. During my stay the bus drivers driving between la paz and Cusco were on strike. The guys at the tour desk made airline and other bus enquiries on my behalf. They speak English very well too.

A nice comfortable hotel in a very good location. Very close to Ilampu and witches market shopping area. The staff were helpful and friendly. Breakfast was really good with fruit and eggs. We had a double room with bathroom. The bed was comfortable with nice sheets. The room was a bit dark but quite large with an extra bed. Downstairs there was hot water and tea available, free.

I would highly recommend this hostal! We arrived early hours of the morning from a horrific overnight bus from Uyuni, my partner was sick on the bus. The hostal had 24 hour reception which was great and our room was available at 7am in the morning! The rooms are very spacious, the most comfortable bed I have slept in South America with plenty of blankets we were never cold. Staff were extrememly friendly & breakfast was excellent! Location is great too!

We stayed here twice, total 9 days. The reception staff are friendly and speak English well. There is a travel counter and the agent staff are very helpfull, kind and speak English too. The facility keeps clean always and the breakfast comes with breads, fruits, cereal and eggs. We really enjoyed and satisfied to stay here. One thing for cons is the location. It's ok but little hard to go up the hill to get there from SF church. But still wortth to stay here.

• 27th Feb 2014
  • Japan

staff and place were amazing! probably the best hostel we stayed in! Art on the walls was cool as well! Not a mental party hostel full of 18 year olds but that was what we were trying to get away from! 25 year old couple.

• 10th Jan 2014

Located in a side street just off one of the main streets, giving good accessibility to town centre but with quietness enabling peaceful sleep. Clean, basic rooms which are serviced daily. Usual Bolivian breakfast buffet of breads and jam with the inclusion of eggs. Staff always cheery, with doors locked at night for additional security.

Excellent service, very attentive and helpful, good breakfast, nice rooms.

A real treat. I had a large room, with double bed and ensuite, TV and good WiFi in the bedroom. Always hot water and able to mix it to just the right temperature. Help yourself to fruit salad, cereal, bread and hot drinks for breakfast, once I was also offered eggs. Very helpful travel agency at reception, who booked me bus tickets, a tour to Tiwanaku and also a good value Salt Flats tour. Very close to witches market, 20 mins walk to plaza/museums, tasty food in Gladys cafe/pizza across road.

This is a well located hostel run by friendly staff. The showers were always hot and the breakfast is better than average (yoghurt, cereal, fruit, bread, tea, juice, coffee). Negatives are that there isn't a kitchen for communal use - even though food is cheap in Bolivia it would still be nice to cook some vegetables every now and then, and there isn't a communal lounge area to meet other guests. Wi-Fi worked well even in the bedrooms. Overall it is a decent place to stay for a couple of nights.