Hostal Sol de Oro Reviews

Calle Cruz Verde 307 - cercado, Arequipa, Peru

Quite an unusual hostel- felt like we were often the only guests around. Great facilities for those who are travelling in a group though - including table tennis and pool but the DVD player doesn't work. Also the floors are very very slippery.

Staff were not interested in their guests. Beds and bathroom facilities were decent. Absolutely no social atmosphere, although it had the potential, I think the hostel would rather it be silent. There was also a small kid who lives there that would cry very loudly every now and again...

I stayed at the worst room, in front of the reception and no windows. sometimes I woke up by the bell (they have just one room like it). But if you stay on the other rooms it's ok. I recommend. The hostel is clean, the manager is very helpful, I met Peruvians tourists and others, well located, everything for basic stay...

Very helpful staff and nice quiet place. Excellent service! An easy walk from the plaza. Would definitely stay again.

The private room was right off the lobby, and had no windows. Didn't see the dorms.

• 16th Jul 2015