Hostal Sol de Oro Reviews

Calle Cruz Verde 307 - cercado, Arequipa, Peru

+nice location +very friendly english speaking girl at reception +good trips with good prices -door can be opened with knive, I would install some more secure lockers -guy working in the kitchen could be "a bit" more friendly by answering "hola" etc.

Really good, i recommend

• 19th Feb 2014

A nice hostel, the dorm room had everything you could want, except perhaps locker facilities. Mainly I got the vibe that I was an inconvenience to the staff, they were not that welcoming until you fought for their attention.

Friendly, cosy little hostel just 5 minutes from Plaza de Armas. Not the nicest area, but the hostel is very secure and the staff go to a lot of trouble to make sure they know who comes in and out at any time of day (even for tours picking up at 3am!). We booked tours and onward travel from here with no issues, all staff speak reasonable English which made a big difference. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable and the TV was great on tired evenings. The games room also has all you need!

Small and familiar. It was a nice stay.

My girlfriend and I were traveling as a couple. Awesome staff

I've had great time there. The staff helped me to arrange some City Tours and other accesses to nice places like Colca Valley

We had a great stay here. Breakfast on the patio is amazing - great food and a great view! Our room was huge and comfortable. It's definitely a quiet place though, so if you're looking for nightlife this may not be the right spot for you.

I stay at a lot of hostels and I gave Sol de Oro excellent overall as the Hostal was always clean , the staff were friendly and helpful, the breakfast was plentiful and tasty, the beds and rooms were comfortable and I had a lot of fun there.

This is a great hostel. The games room is one of the best I've seenl. The atmosphere was lacking slightly when we stayed however we did not mind as we had the pool table to ourselves all evening! Staff were very friendly and helpful, they even wanted to go to the bus station to book our tickets for us when we asked about buses. I would also recommend to book the colca canyon tour through them, we did and we had a great two days. Rooms are nice and big however the kitchen is tiny!

Clean rooms, great location, helpful staff!

• 26th Nov 2013

Great hostel with a cool backyard to chill. A good place to stop for a while after all the adventures in Peru! Only thing is that they don't have lockers in the room but they are very receptive to new ideas to improve the hostel.

The location is perfect. staff very friendly and helpful and also the tour organized by them has been exellent. Roberto

The staff in this hostel is incredible! I booked a bus to Puno and they actually went to the bus terminal to pick it up. The atmosphere is very relaxed, the rooms are clean, there is hot water, and is in a great location. Fantastic hostel!