Hostal Sol de Oro Reviews

Calle Cruz Verde 307 - cercado, Arequipa, Peru

Very friendly and accommodating staff. Good location, only a few blocks from the plaza. Room and bathroom clean, the private rooms upstairs are bigger so ask if they're free. The only thing is there were no lockers, but she locked my passport away in her safe. Would recommend.

Room was nice and clean. Close to Plaza de Armas but the street is a little bit lonely at night.

It was ok.

The staff was very helpful. They booked a bus ticket for us free of charge. Our room was a little bit cold as it didn't have a heater. However this is quite normal in Peru and they give you loads of blankets to make up for it. The room itself was basic but clean. Great value for money. Wifi signal in the room wasn't very good but it didn't matter too much to us.

Good location for town, only a five minute walk away. The room was spacious with a good sized private bathroom that always had hot water for the shower. Unfortunately when we stayed they were laying the road right outside the hostel so there was building noise quite late at night, but I guess that's a one off. Good breakfast, good facilities if you're staying in the hostel and good tours to book with them. Would recommend booking tours thru hostel as we screwed over by an agency in the Plaza.

The staff and their family who lived on the premises were friendly and helpful. The building was centrally located and had great charm. There were not many other guests when we were there, which is a shame as the facilities were designed for more higher occupancy. . Internet wifi was not working sometimes. The only real problem was that it was very easy to trip over when the foor level rise or fell a few centimetres. This hazard could have been better highlighted.

Great location and Staff. Children Friendly.

Quiet little hostel within walking distance to the city center. Staff was very helpful. I booked a tour and a bus through them. The dorm was small but tidy. In the description it says: "FREE security lockers in your room with power outlets inside". Unfortunately, in the 4-bed dorm I was staying, there were no lockers at all. Despite that, the hostel is safe.

The hostal is one of the best hostals so far. The girl Dayana really goes out of her way to you out with whatever it is you need or want to book. We booked a 2 day colca canyon tour and a flight over Nazca lines with Condor Nazca through her. The hostal as a whole and the tours they provide are an excellent value for money. The hostal has a pool table, table tennis etc. And also a nice terrace where you can hang out with wifi. Although the wifi can be a bit sketchy.

Had a great stay here, lovely staff, fresh breakfast, good location. Atmosphere could have been better but it was fine and our private room was a bit dated.

I really enjoyed my 2 night stay at Sol De Oro, the facilities are great and its always kept very clean! It was the down season when I was there, so there wasnt alot of atmosphere, but it is a really peaceful place to stay, and there are facilities incl. pool table, table football and table tennis as well as a small rooftop terrace. Good location and security, would recommend!

It was a fine little hostel in Arequipa, but asking 7 soles for a shower after check-out is greedy. Just for that, I would not recommend anyone to stay there as it negatively affected my impression overall.

Thank you for your comment. By experience, we've been asked frequently by our visitors to have a shower after a day (or more) trip, the day they have already checked out. We think offering the service of hot shower for 7 soles is a fair price as you are so many to ask this service. We have the honesty to mention it on the wall to avoid any confusions. Regards. Yuliana

Reception staff was really helpful. Simple breakfast. Good location, just few minutes walk away from city. The only down point was the hot water in the bathroom. Have to keep asking the hostel staff to restart it to get slightly hot water.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Malaysia

Very friendly and helpfull staff. Shower and beds are good. WiFi quite slow. Good breakfast! Located in a small street about a 5 mins walk to the city center.

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

A really nice and convenient hostel - good breakfast, nice staff, good location (less than 5 minutes walk to Plaza de Armas) - really everything what you need in a hostel where you can relax from hard treks around Arequipa!! One of the best hostels I stayed in South America

Very nice hostel, good athmosphere, clean and an incredible helpfull and friendly staff. Only the facilities are a little bit old.

This place was great. Nice common area to meet people. Close to the city square but not too close as it is quiet at night. I would definitely stay here again. Very helpful in getting my bus ticket out of Arequipa too.

Excellent and friendly.

+nice location +very friendly english speaking girl at reception +good trips with good prices -door can be opened with knive, I would install some more secure lockers -guy working in the kitchen could be "a bit" more friendly by answering "hola" etc.

Really good, i recommend