• Tomas Aravena 161, Pob, Chinchorro, Arica, Chile

Fabulous 236 Total Reviews
Fabulous 236 Total Reviews
Hostal Sunny Days Located at Tomas Aravena 161, Pob, Chinchorro, Arica.
Chile
Arica Arica/Parinacota 1000000 Tomas Aravena 161, Pob, Chinchorro
89% 236
-18.4685885 -70.3048932
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 25-30
18th Nov 2016

Really homely hostel. Nice breakfast, they really look after you and are helpful with all info needed. Near the beach and has a nice rooftop area, nice to watch the sunset. 30 min walk to town but there are shops and restaurants within 5 mins walk.

• huntervargas
  • USA, Female, 18-24
15th Nov 2016

I was only at Hostal Sunny Days for one afternoon/night as a stopover after crossing the Peruvian-Chilean border (Tacna-Arica)) on my way to Santaigo. That being said, I had a short but pleasant stay. The owners were very nice and organized a shared van transfer for me to the airport in the morning. The hostel is located in a quiet location within walking distance of the central area. Breakfast was good, showers were hot (though, our shower didn't quite drain), & the rooms were spacious.

• England, Female, 25-30
7th Nov 2016

Sunny Days was a great little break for me when I was a bit ill! Ross the owner is absolutely lovely, the breakfast was good; cereal, fruit, fresh bread and tea and coffee. The communal areas are nice and relaxing and a great way to socialise with the others staying there. The hostel is only 5 mins from the beach (although I think I was there out of season as nobody else was there) and town is about a 10 minute walk away. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• tanzilya
  • Russia, Couple, 25-30
6th Nov 2016

I truly enjoyed the stay in Hostal Sunny Days. Ross is a very welcoming host making your visit nice and pleasant. The hostel is located within 10 mins walk distance from the international bus terminus, 20 mins walk from the downtown, but has as a benefit huge supermarket, ATM and vegetables market in the closest neighborhood, the beach is almost the next door (5 mins walk). Breakfast is just wow. Laundry services and bike rental add up to good value for money for Sunny Days. Recommended.

• francesmcdavid2637
  • Ireland, Couple, 25-30
5th Nov 2016

Nice quirky house with plenty of space. It is a bit of a walk from the town but close to the beach so good for if you are going to surf (however you still need to walk approx 30 mins up the beach to get to the good surf). Very quiet hostel but homely feel. Ross is very helpful if you need tips on what to do around Arica too!

• Ireland, Female, 31-40
19th Oct 2016

I stayed here for just one night while waiting to catch a bus. Ross, the owner is very helpful and friendly. He gave me juice and cookies when I arrived! The hostel is perfect for what I needed, it was quiet and very close to bus station. You can easily walk to the main centre (Ross's map is very good!). I spent a really nice day just wandering around. Perhaps the bathroom in my room could of been cleaner but a great stay overall!

• maleajohnson2010
  • USA, Couple, 25-30
17th Oct 2016

Great hostel!! I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. The kitchen was one of the best we have used in our 3 month trip. Ross is by far the best host... unfortunately, we messed up on our reservations and booked it for the wrong day. When we showed up a day late after a night bus groggy and tired, Ross' exact words were "sit down and get yourself some breakfast, we'll figure it out after you eat." The definition of hospitality in my opinion. And incredible breakfast too! I loved this place.

• England, Male, 31-40
15th Aug 2016
7.7

I was a little disappointed with this hostel, having chosen to go there on the basis of the other reviews on this site. It is definitely not the cleanest hostel and is in need of being spruced up. That being said I had a pleasant stay and the hostel is well-equipped with a large communal area, decent breakfast, informatíon on the local area and bikes available for use. It's 5 mins from the beach and 10mins from the bus statíon, plus not too far to the centre of town, so overall very convenient.

• Netherlands, Couple, 18-24
14th Aug 2016

We immediately feit very welcome in this hostel. The host is very friendly and there is a really nice breakfast.

12th Aug 2016

Really great place to stay. The owners are amazing and helpful. I real home from home!