Hostal Sunny Days Reviews

Tomas Aravena 161, Pob, Chinchorro, Arica, Chile

Sunny days hostel is really close to the bus terminal and the owner Ross is so helpful getting you sorted if you're crossing the border to Peru. Rooms are a good size and breakfast is great, loads of variety. The kitchen is big and there are plenty of bathrooms. Very quiet so not the place for you if you want to party but we really liked it

good deal but far from city center. Nearby beach is not awesome as pieces of waste from the sea are on the beach all along. Area is a bit creepy at night if you want to walk outside. For 1 night it was ok but for long stay i would not recommend.

We thank the guest for their comments but we never promote ourselves as near the center. Actually it is better than that. Sunny Days Hostal is situated in a quiet, safe residencial suburb. We are 5 minutes walk from the National and International Bus Terminals – so guests can save on taxi fares. There is a fruit veg market with many cheap restaurants almost on our doorstep. Ten minutes away is a supermarket. In the other direction is the beach. All at our doorstep. What more can one ask?

The hostal is 5 min away from the beach and 5 min away from the bus terminal. It is a very good hostal, with good breakfast in the morning and nice hosts.

Ok hostal. Rooms are off of the main dining area and social area therefore can be loud at night. Also above every door is a missing piece of glass so it's open to the outer area making it louder ( sound wise it's as if your door is cracked open all night). Bathrooms were quite dirty while we were there. Decent breakfast and Ross is a nice guy and is accommodating. Good sized kitchen. Close to beach. Ok if your not looking for peace and quiet.

Excellent Hostel, Recommended for Backpackers. Nearby Markets, Beach and Bus Terminal.

The manager Ross was a genuinely helpful and wonderful person. Went above and beyond to help us and share info with us. Every question we had he answered and even let me use the printer for my bus ticket. Amazing place with great staff! Plus excellent breakfast!

It was great to correspond with them before our arrival. They are very good at anticipating travel needs, and provided us with great directions from the bus station and information about crossing into Chile from Peru. All this help was very unexpected. So refreshing to be greeted with a slice of cake and juice upon arrival! Location, hospitality, and facilities have yet to be beaten, which in our case made for an upbeat community experience.

This is the way to go. We answer promptly all emails and inquiries with a detailed letter on our rooms, services and location, plus attach a map to find us easily. We also provide tips on scams and likely places of theft and other problems. Forewarned is forearmed! We are experienced travellers ourselves so try to provide what travellers need and appreciate - sometimes we get it right

Very nice hostel, the value for money is excellent. The owners are very sweet and the breakfast is really good. Not far from the beach neither from a supermarket.

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Belgium

wOw.... this was one of the best hostels I have stayed at in my 25 years of traveling. The lay out of the hostel is one of the best and gave you a little someting to be amazed about with each corner, nook and cranny you passed... very well layed out kitchens and great roof top where you can hang your hand washed clothes and let them dance in the fresh wind coming from the ocean really near by. the best part of the dorm room is there are no bunk beds just single&twin beds that are comfy

Sunny Days, to me, is a relaxing hostel for one to unwind and put up their feet. The buffet breakfast is superb, the cleanliness and security of the hostel are excellent, the fully equipped kitchen is brilliant, and Ross, the host, is such a friendly easy-going guy. Ross also helped with booking the Lauca National Park tour, but the guide I had did not speak any English, which wasn't good for me. The hostel is in a great location, 5 minute walk to beach, & a 10-20 minute walk to the main square.

The hostel is very clean, comfortable and laid back. There are two kitchens, a very good breakfast, good WiFi everywhere, many travel books and Ross is friendly and knowledgeable. I guess he's travelled a lot himself and so knows what the traveller needs e.g. useful map, list of things to do, free beach towel and a welcome juice and slice of cake. Recommended for a relaxing break within your break.

Great hostel. If you are a kiwi this is a lovely little slice of home, a bit like hanging out at your grandparents place. We loved staying here. The facilities are great, good kitchen and clean toilets/showers. Towels are included.

Ross and Beatrice were super welcoming and helpful! Hostal Sunny Days is the perfect place to relax and regroup after hard travel. The weather was awesome and we left feeling restored and rested. Don't miss this gem in Arica!

So good I ended up extending a week! Ross is super lovely host, and it feels like coming to a home away from home. Yoyo on call for all your surfing needs, so much more than a surf instructor. amazing breakkie. amazing location near the beach and super markets (a little farther to town but I just wanted waves!) Amazing host..!

Ross was an excellent host and very helpful. He went far beyond what you would expect. He took me to the urgent care hospital as my stomach cramps had turned into a stomach infection and l needed an IV drip. He stayed with me and translated as my Spanish was not good enough. Also the hostel has lots of space and in the area there is ATM's, market, supermarket, restaurants and 5 minutes to the bus station.

Friendliest owner I've met in South America, he can help you with everything. Even though I liked the hostel, for a solo traveler like me it's too quiet and lonely.

• 16th Nov 2014

A bit far from the city centre, but walkable in probably 30 minutes or so. Close proximity to a nice, huge beach, so that was cool. The staff are very friendly and helped to arrange a tour to Parque Nacional Lauca, which was one of the highlights of the trip.

Best hostel we have been :) .. The breakfast was really good and the owner is such a sweet guy.. He helpt us planing the last weeks of our vacation and is very lovely.. Absolutely recommendable!

Prima hostel, met geweldige staf, waar je je meteen thuis voelt

Actually we didn`t stayed at this hostel cause the owner gave our room to another person. So, he put us in another hostel nearby, called "end of the trail" which was awesome and gave back our deposit. I recomend you email the hostel to guarantee your room or go straight to "end of the trail" once they are very profesional and has a better location closer to the beach. Frank, the owner of "end of the trail" is awesome.