Hostal Sunny Days Reviews

Tomas Aravena 161, Pob, Chinchorro, Arica, Chile

wOw.... this was one of the best hostels I have stayed at in my 25 years of traveling. The lay out of the hostel is one of the best and gave you a little someting to be amazed about with each corner, nook and cranny you passed... very well layed out kitchens and great roof top where you can hang your hand washed clothes and let them dance in the fresh wind coming from the ocean really near by. the best part of the dorm room is there are no bunk beds just single&twin beds that are comfy

The hostel is very clean, comfortable and laid back. There are two kitchens, a very good breakfast, good WiFi everywhere, many travel books and Ross is friendly and knowledgeable. I guess he's travelled a lot himself and so knows what the traveller needs e.g. useful map, list of things to do, free beach towel and a welcome juice and slice of cake. Recommended for a relaxing break within your break.

Great hostel. If you are a kiwi this is a lovely little slice of home, a bit like hanging out at your grandparents place. We loved staying here. The facilities are great, good kitchen and clean toilets/showers. Towels are included.

Ross and Beatrice were super welcoming and helpful! Hostal Sunny Days is the perfect place to relax and regroup after hard travel. The weather was awesome and we left feeling restored and rested. Don't miss this gem in Arica!

So good I ended up extending a week! Ross is super lovely host, and it feels like coming to a home away from home. Yoyo on call for all your surfing needs, so much more than a surf instructor. amazing breakkie. amazing location near the beach and super markets (a little farther to town but I just wanted waves!) Amazing host..!

Ross was an excellent host and very helpful. He went far beyond what you would expect. He took me to the urgent care hospital as my stomach cramps had turned into a stomach infection and l needed an IV drip. He stayed with me and translated as my Spanish was not good enough. Also the hostel has lots of space and in the area there is ATM's, market, supermarket, restaurants and 5 minutes to the bus station.

Friendliest owner I've met in South America, he can help you with everything. Even though I liked the hostel, for a solo traveler like me it's too quiet and lonely.

• 16th Nov 2014

A bit far from the city centre, but walkable in probably 30 minutes or so. Close proximity to a nice, huge beach, so that was cool. The staff are very friendly and helped to arrange a tour to Parque Nacional Lauca, which was one of the highlights of the trip.

Best hostel we have been :) .. The breakfast was really good and the owner is such a sweet guy.. He helpt us planing the last weeks of our vacation and is very lovely.. Absolutely recommendable!

Prima hostel, met geweldige staf, waar je je meteen thuis voelt

Actually we didn`t stayed at this hostel cause the owner gave our room to another person. So, he put us in another hostel nearby, called "end of the trail" which was awesome and gave back our deposit. I recomend you email the hostel to guarantee your room or go straight to "end of the trail" once they are very profesional and has a better location closer to the beach. Frank, the owner of "end of the trail" is awesome.

This hostel had a load of features that elevated it to a delightful refuge in a busy city. The owner opens his home as part of the hostel and was liberal with both time and information about the area. There are well equipped common areas for socialising, but it was quiet at night for good rest. There is plenty to see and do and it is easy and cheap to get around.

I really enjoyed this hostel. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. It had a very family-like atmosphere. The facilities are really clean, the wifi is fast and breakfast is good. It's a little far from the "downtown" area, but despite that I would definitely stay here again.

• 15th Oct 2014

The owner Ross is amazing. When you arrive, you're given a tasty treat and juice. Towel and hand towel are included and placed on your bed when you arrive. This hostel is extremely cozy. I wasn't completely sold on the tour that I bought and was recommended to through the hostel (I actually almost died when our bus driver fell asleep while driving). That aside - The hostel was absolutely splendid. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming and very quaint.

Ross the owner was very good. He was up early when we arrived and had breakfast ready. Always willing to chat and answer questions. Value for money

Awesome hostel, everything you want to know, Ross can tell you. Has a homely feel in the communal areas and the staff couldn't be more helpful. Nice and clean, no complaints about this hostel. Cheers Ross!

A fantastic hostel in a great location with a lovely owner. The hostel has great communal areas where you can share your stories with other travellers.

An excellent place to stay in Arica. A bit far from the center (but still walkable), but very close to the bus terminal. Knowledgeable owner, tasty and abundant breakfast. Clean rooms.

Ross, the owner rocks! His hostel has one of the nicest atmospheres from my recent SA trip. Single beds, big community room, lovely breakfast with juice, cereal, bread, fruits etc. Walking distance to the beach and about 20 min to Arica's Center. Ross will answer all your questions and will help to plan your daily trips if needed. Great stay in this lovely town!

Great place to stay with an awesome breakfast each morning and plenty of room for DIY cooking in the evenings. Perhaps a little out of town but that didn't really matter. Ross the owner was a huge help, being a perfect host and recommending various activities to do. All in all one of the best places we stayed at in South America!