Hostal Talar Reviews

Pachamama 657, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

I booked a double room for my partner and i. Instead i was given a twin room with two single beds and charged the same amount. When i enquired about the possibility of changing the staff were unhelpful. The hot water and wifi are both turned off at 10pm which is inconvenient for most people travelling or doing evening tours. The wifi also only sporadically worked. We stayed 2 nights and only had it for 1. In addition the hot water didnt work which is not nice in a cold town or when u flown in

I would definitely recommend this hostel! Hosts were so helpful and friendly & there was a great atmosphere in the place.

Fantastic hostel! Close to downtown with very helpful staff. I would definitely recommend it to anyone planning on staying in San Pedro de Atacama!

Positive: 10 min by walking to the centre, 3 min to the terminal, 5 houses away to the supermarket, clean and cozy hostel, hot shower, well equipped kitchen, large social area, nice and helpful team, I recommend this hostel because of the service, the owner was really nice to me and without any interest just because she wants to offer a good service. She lent me winter clothes to go to the Tatio Geyser which is really cold...i really appreciated it :) Negative:actually I had a great experience

The place is not bad but not great either. You can't drink in the hostel so if your looking to socialize with other travelers with a few drinks go somewhere else. There are also a lot of rules posted throughout the hostel which is off putting. The place was clean and provides a comfortable atmosphere but the kitchen isn't great if you are looking to cook. Overall I wouldn't suggest to stay here but if you do it is not the end of the world. The lady that owns the place is nice so that's a plus.

• 13th Jul 2015

Hi there, Technically almost non of the hostels here have permission to allow pple to drink alcohol. On certain dates there are inspectors and police checking out, unfortunatelly you came on that date. Now we just added two dartboards and a table football/foosball (taca-taca in chilean spanish) at the backyard soyou surely gonna need a beer to enjoy them better. Thanks for the comment!

Pros: the staff is very nice and helpful! Cons: the cleanliness of the place needs to be improved. I found cat hair on my sheets! Also, the place just seems to be falling apart. It was $12 per night, but for that price I have stayed in much better places.

Hi guys, We have new manager and staff and we´ve been working very hard to fix up the cons you mentioned. Zanahoria (the cat) is only staying at the yard, we painted the place and made it much more comfortable, just check the new pictures! Thanks for the comment!

View all San Pedro de Atacama Hostels