Hostal Talar Reviews

Pachamama 657, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

We enjoyed our stay. Close to both city centre and the bus station. Grocery store 3 doors down. Staff were friendly and helpful and spoke English. Tours and excursions pick up from the hostel. Combinations of tours tend to be cheaper, check some agents in town too.

The owner is just insane!!! When i got there i rang the door bell a few times since it took her several minutes to get to the door! After knocking a bit hard she finally comes out SCREAMING at me and accusing me of kicking the door?!?!?! I obviously would never do that! Then she started saying derogatory things about my country of origin out of nowhere!! Since i would not have any of that, she literally kicked me out of the hostel at 20:00 PM!!! Not enough charecters left to say how bad it is!!!

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Israel

The hostel is good overall, staff is very polite and useful, they will help with everything you need!

The agency and the tranportation that the hostel arranged were great! They really take care of you (waking up in 4:00 to see that you got on the minibus!!) The kitchen is excellent and the rooms are fine..the outside is really cool as well. It's nit that close to the center but it's defenetly walkeble (like 7 min) And it's super close to the bus station. The only problem was that the toilets and the flore feels a bit dirty.. Anyway i would recommended on this hostel!

Average hostel

Nice hostel, friendly staff, close to the bus terminal, not so close to the center, but you'll enjoy that.

This place was horrible. From the owners to the horrible amenities - especially for costing more than I've paid from Costa Rica south to Chile - this was a disappointing first stay in the country. I thought the bad reviews were due to the communication barrier, but my Spanish is pretty good now and the staff was just awful to me. There are plenty of other similarly priced but better options in town. Do yourself a favor and avoid this place. Stay somewhere else. After one night here, I switched.

With the help of Jessica, everything is possible in San Pedro! A Latin America trip would be missing something if you don't get to know her. Everything you need to buy is basically right next to the hostel, internet isn't bad, showers are hot... what more can you ask in the middle of the desert?

The hostal needs refreshing as some parts seemed in urgent need of repair and make shift. It would also help if it was clearly named from the outside rather than the name scribbled on a piece of paper stuck to the door. Breakfast is not included but use of kitchen is, so one can make food. Be careful that the cats, there are four, do not sneak into your bedroom. Owner does not speak any English.

Well with just 1 staff/owner Jessica, and 1 guest, me the atmosphere would have to be great now, wouldn't it? I spoke more Spanish here during my stay than in many years of visiting Spain. Jessica is very patient and laughs readily which was my main encouragement to carry on mangling the language of Cervantes. It's about 10 minutes away from which I found good, as the town is a bit too much of hustle and bustle all the time. Oh, I like to cycle mountain bikes, which I was able to do here,at the

Excellent place for backpackers... The beds are very warm and cozy, the terrace wonderfully decorated, the kitchen well-equipped... The staff is amazing, Jessica went out of her way to help me with everything I needed, very amiable, she organized great and very recommendable tours with Pablo, an awesome and dedicated guide. She will get up every morning, even if your tour starts at 4am, making sure you get picked up safely and might even have some tee/coffee ready for you. I had a great time!!

Pablo is best profissional off all hostels that i have been!! He works there and help with everything!! Best regards, Daniela

Great place with a cool outside area. Internet can be slow or absent sometimes. Average-Good overall.

• 28th Jul 2014