Hostal Talar Reviews

Pachamama 657, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

What to say... It was dirty. The kitchen, especially the fridge was dirty. I didn´t want to put my food inside. The waste was overflowing. Bathroom with no toiletpaper.. After one night, a girl im my room had many bed-bug bites. The guy, who was taking care of the hostel, was not very helpful. Just closed the room and said, she should put her clothes in the sun. After 3 days the owner Jessica arrived and cleaned up everyting. After that, the stay was ok.

Nice hostel in the calm San Pedro. Located close to the bus station and not far from the city. Had nice and cheap place for lunch really close ( chofy). The staff were great and worked with great agencies. The kitchen was fine. Rooms were ok, would be great to have a small fan thought. The only thing was a little bit bad was the cats everywhere and the smell of their poop in the cuming area. Overall nice hostel.

We loved our stay at Talar. Jessica and Paulo are both super friendly and knowledgeable on all the tours and surrounding are. Great stay!

2 bathrooms are not enough for a hostel, you always have to wait to use the bathroom. Also nowhere to hang your things in the bathroom and no towels.

We enjoyed our stay. Close to both city centre and the bus station. Grocery store 3 doors down. Staff were friendly and helpful and spoke English. Tours and excursions pick up from the hostel. Combinations of tours tend to be cheaper, check some agents in town too.

The owner is just insane!!! When i got there i rang the door bell a few times since it took her several minutes to get to the door! After knocking a bit hard she finally comes out SCREAMING at me and accusing me of kicking the door?!?!?! I obviously would never do that! Then she started saying derogatory things about my country of origin out of nowhere!! Since i would not have any of that, she literally kicked me out of the hostel at 20:00 PM!!! Not enough charecters left to say how bad it is!!!

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Israel

The hostel is good overall, staff is very polite and useful, they will help with everything you need!

Let me start by saying I have never left a negative review for a hostel in the past 6 months of traveling through South America. However, my terrible experience at Hostal Tolar left me no choice. The service I received here was the worst I've encountered on the continent. The staff was not only rude but borderline psychotic, yelling at guests for simple mistakes or problems outside their control, offering no help or advice, and in general, creating an incredibly uncomfortable environment.

The agency and the tranportation that the hostel arranged were great! They really take care of you (waking up in 4:00 to see that you got on the minibus!!) The kitchen is excellent and the rooms are fine..the outside is really cool as well. It's nit that close to the center but it's defenetly walkeble (like 7 min) And it's super close to the bus station. The only problem was that the toilets and the flore feels a bit dirty.. Anyway i would recommended on this hostel!

Average hostel

Nice hostel, friendly staff, close to the bus terminal, not so close to the center, but you'll enjoy that.

This place was horrible. From the owners to the horrible amenities - especially for costing more than I've paid from Costa Rica south to Chile - this was a disappointing first stay in the country. I thought the bad reviews were due to the communication barrier, but my Spanish is pretty good now and the staff was just awful to me. There are plenty of other similarly priced but better options in town. Do yourself a favor and avoid this place. Stay somewhere else. After one night here, I switched.

With the help of Jessica, everything is possible in San Pedro! A Latin America trip would be missing something if you don't get to know her. Everything you need to buy is basically right next to the hostel, internet isn't bad, showers are hot... what more can you ask in the middle of the desert?

The hostal needs refreshing as some parts seemed in urgent need of repair and make shift. It would also help if it was clearly named from the outside rather than the name scribbled on a piece of paper stuck to the door. Breakfast is not included but use of kitchen is, so one can make food. Be careful that the cats, there are four, do not sneak into your bedroom. Owner does not speak any English.

Well with just 1 staff/owner Jessica, and 1 guest, me the atmosphere would have to be great now, wouldn't it? I spoke more Spanish here during my stay than in many years of visiting Spain. Jessica is very patient and laughs readily which was my main encouragement to carry on mangling the language of Cervantes. It's about 10 minutes away from which I found good, as the town is a bit too much of hustle and bustle all the time. Oh, I like to cycle mountain bikes, which I was able to do here,at the

View all San Pedro de Atacama Hostels