Hostal Tierramar Reviews

Calle Berlin 9, El Arenal, Palma de Mallorca, Spain

Great hostel, not good for being people though. New management it seems, very very nice staff. Right next to the beach, but in the center of 'little germany'

We really enjoyed staying at the hostel Tierramar and we enjoyed the friendliness of the owner and all the staff. clean towels every day and 24 hour service. great position near the beach and also a quite place for the night. recomended for all the kind of vacation. for parties or relaxation.

• 12th Jul 2014

We loved this hostel. It was more like a hotel for the price of a hostel which we loved. We would book there absolutely again when we go to Majorca. Staff was excellent and very very helpful!

Staff was really nice and always willing to help. Good breakfast and great location! I would definitely recommend it.

Very nice and efficient people were running the Hostel. I was not able to use Wi-Fi in my room. However, the room had an ocean view so I decided to be happy only with listening music. Ah, also, there was a bathtub in my room!! I needed to clean it to use, though. It is not cleaning ladies fault. The water does not drain well so that one has to have a great patience to clean this bathtub, along with good scrubbing tool, persistence, and love for taking a bath in hot summer!!

The location of the hostel is perfect. It's literally 2 minutes walk from the beach. The breakfast is okay, it would be nice if some things are changed from time to time. It gets a bit boring if you stay there for a while. The staff was very nice and friendly, the rooms clean and tidy. All in all it's a very good bargain if you're not into some luxurious accomodation. Definitely a best buy if you compare the price and what you get for it

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Croatia

A wonderful hostal. Placed in the center of all kind of human activities (swimming, shopping, dining, Aqualand, etc.). Within 50/100 meters you can find everuthing you need. The owner and all of the crew including cleaning personel deserves a 10+ for kindness, carefulness, help with problems and not at least the nice hospitality. We discovered a kind of cosiness like home. We had a wonderful time there and (if possible) we are looking forward to come back for another holiday.

• 29th Jun 2014

Absolute BEST hostel to stay at in Mallora! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was delicious and filling. The hostel has a bar, a restaurant, a pool table, great wifi that works throughout the entire hostel and they let you borrow floaties/umbrellas/towels for FREE! The rooms are extremely clean and comfortable, and if you're lucky you'll get a room with a balcony overlooking the ocean! Plus you are literally a two minutes walk away from the beach!

Great place to stay! Free wifi in the rooms and breakfast in the morning. Colin even made us burgers and toasted sandwiches at 4am after an evening out drinking. Would thoroughly recommend staying here!! Thanks for having us, Jamie

• 26th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Great location. And you leave the hostal, you see the sea. Its amazing. Although it is not located in Palma centre, its very close by bus and its also an excellent place to enjoy the beach and enjoy good ans cheap restaurants. I will certainly recommend thid hostel to my friends.

Loved this place, the staff were so friendly and helpful and the location is great! Can't wait to come back again in September. Thanks Colin! ... Bex

Staff were very very friendly! Room was clean and bed comfortable. Only complaint was it was impossible to take a shower without flooding the floor. Location great :)

The location was perfect - we were really happy to be so close to the beach and all the party places - exactly what we needed. And the drive to the city is less than half an hour, so we also had possibilities for sight seeing. The staff is really nice and we could always ask any information we needed. The price is really cheap for the value - the rooms are great, free breakfast and we borrowed beach stuff for free. We loved the time we spent there! Thank you so much for a great stay!

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Latvia

Tnx so much, butiful place

Staying at Hostal Tierramar was great. Alan, the owner, was very friendly and it was fun talking to him when we could. Also, if you are looking to bring beach umbrellas and other things to the beach, the Hostal lets you borrow them for free. We stayed in a private room, but it felt like staying in a hotel. Only thing was that after returning home, my girlfriend found she had been bitten by bedbugs.

• 13th Jun 2014

really nice staff,good location , clean rooms, also you can take some stuff from reception, breakfast was nice, i am looking forward to go there again . you can walk beach just 5 minutes from hostel :)

We had a great (but brief) beach vacation here. Located in the beach district, there was a bus to downtown however we did not venture that way. Turns out this is a predominantly German tourist area of Mallorca - great German restaurants too! Breakfast was provided which was great and a lock box available at a small cost. It was very clean and there was a large common area downstairs with a pool table. Beach towels and toys etc. were available to use. Staff were friendly and helpful.

This hostal was absolutely perfect. The staff was always friendly and helped us whenever we needed it. I loved that they provided towels, mats and umbrellas that were left over from other guests. Breakfast was perfect just enough to get you through the day. It really made my birthday weekend a memorable one. I would definitely stay here again and will be recommending it to others!!!

• 5th Jun 2014

We had a very short but enjoyable stay here and the only downside to it was we were on the 4th floor but if I had been young and fit it would not have been a problem!! It was a brilliant location, really close to the beach but just far enough away to avoid a lot of the noise from the tourists. I cannot praise the staff highly enough. They were so friendly and helpful to us and made us feel at home. We would definitely stay there again but might ask not to be so high up!!

• 30th May 2014

Had a great 9 day stay, was greeted on first day my the lovely and helpful barbara, after putting case in my nice little room I went and had a few beers at reception and had chat with barbara.Hostal room very clean and good powerful shower . Brillient location, near all nightspot, resort predominantly German and dutch , but I knew that, atleast they can drink all day and nit be fighting in the streets.Thanks to Colin and all the staff, great night security man Hamish, breakfast is good .cheers

• 28th May 2014