Hostal Transilvania Reviews

16 de diciembre s/n, y oriente, Banos, Ecuador

It's a hostal so you can expect the basics, loud 20 year olds, and uncomfortable beds. What we didn't expect was to not have water to shower or brush our teeth. When we asked the front desk why there was no water. There was response was all of Banos' water would be out for the next hour. Big lie! Not even five minutes later we weren't even a block away and their water works perfectly. The water went in an out for the next day we were at this hostal. It didn't stop there though with the wate

the fact that you managed to find water in another place, does not change fact that there was a water problem in baños and not only our hostel, the place you found water might have had a small cistern or something similar, like we have, but ours was already empty. the information that we gave you was given to us by the authorities, you can´t blame us for the inaccuracy. so it would not be wise of you to blame us for water shortage, or any water issues we have no control over!

Great value for money, this hostel. Kitchen has all you need, breakfast is generous and healthy, extensive DVD collection and book exchange. Rooms are a little cramped and the toilet smell does waft out now and then but didn't stop me getting a good few nights' sleep! Quite a few kids running around, which can get a little annoying but I guess it's to be expected in a family-run place. Kitchen staff friendly and owners helpful

The atmosphere was horrible, we didn't feel welcome. After a year travelling, it was probably the 1st hostel where we got that feeling.

• 5th Jul 2014

We can´t possibly understand why you felt that way, as you can see in the reviews, most people are happy with our hostel´s atmosphere.

the staff wern´t nice at all. when i didnt want to do what they wanted they acted really ugly and wen´t nice at all!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Israel

Really hot showers,excellent breakfast,some of the staff can be very helpful.enjoyed my stay here.

Probably the biggest surprise of my trip. Amaizing hostel, superfast wifi, movies a kitchen and a restaurant. Amaing Hummus :) Thanks Itay and Jennet

We loved our stay! The staff helped us book an amazing 4 day trip to the Cubanyo Jungle. Their location is great within town walking distance to everything!

Really great hostel, very helpful staff. Has a big variety of books to exchange, and a lot of movies to watch.

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Israel

This hostel was wonderful, incredibly helpful, and the food was delicious as well! I left my swimsuit and the incredible couple who owns the place went above and beyond to mail it to me at my next destination. Highly recommend this place!!

• 15th Jun 2014

Perfect stop in the beautiful sleepy mountain town that is banos. It is a family run hostel and you always feel welcome, with excellent facilities and 24 hour reception you wouldn't want to book anywhere else

There was no hot water and there was a hole in the glass door to the bathroom so we had little privacy.

• 12th May 2014

there is hot water 24 hours, if you did not have hot water in your room you should have informed us!!!

Decent hostel, they had what you needed. Breakfast, computers, wifi (which reached to every spot in the hostel), a good dvd collection and so on. The dorms have their own bathroom with hot water. Big plus! The managers/owners helped you with what you needed, but during the 3-4 days I stayed there I don't think I ever saw them smile (the kitchen staff were always really friendly though!), and the general atmosphere in the hostel what not one of the most satisfying I've experienced.

The hostel was great! Great price, great location and great staff! The internet was AMAZING and I am so happy about that! Only complain was no toilet paper and times not allowed in kitchen, but other than that a great stay!

toilet paper is provided at the reception free of charge,

Nice place to stay if you're paying low season prices since it includes breakfast, otherwise, a little worn down and outdated. Not exactly a welcoming atmosphere either.

low season prices are pretty much all year long, except for local holidays.