Hostal Transilvania Reviews

16 de diciembre s/n, y oriente, Banos, Ecuador

We asked the staff to change the reseve because my boyfriend was sick. They couldn't because all the prices rise because of the Carnaval. Sad experience.

Had a wonderful time! helped us organize all of our excursions and breakfast was wonderful

• 29th Jan 2016

Disappointed the website stated there was a middle eastern restaurant on-site and when we arrived it had been closed for two months. Probably should remove from website ;-)

Good hostel, all the facilities you need and a very good price as a good breakfast is included. Only negatives I would say is that the guest kitchen is closed between 5 and 9pm. Exactly the time you need the kitchen especially when you get back from days out after 5. Private rooms are nice and good value. Dorms are cramped with a few too many beds in them.

hosts were really helpful and nice! they didn't mind hanging around the computer for an hour or so to help me burn my fotos on a dvd :-) thanks again. very good breakfast!! hot shower, good location.

One of the best hostel experience sofar. Our valuables were stolen on the bus from quito to banos, and the women was just so helpful called the police, helped us with translation. She knew about everything buses, prices, schedules, where to go what to do..and a great breakfast is also included. Strongly recommended!

was a nice stay and the breakfast was perfect.

• 11th Dec 2015

A lovely hostel mainly because of the staff that make you feel at home. Ended up staying longer than I expected and would recommend it to anyone.

• 30th Nov 2015
  • Estonia

- Great location a few blocks from the main square and about 6 blocks from the bus station. Easy to get around. - breakfast is great. Choice of eggs or pancakes. - staff are reasonably helpful

We would have stayed longer had we been able to use the kitchen. You can only use it during certain hours and even when you are within those hours you are edged out by the staff who are also cooking. Beds were fine and the price was nice but wouldn't stay again due to unfriendly staff.

Great location - in between the bus station and the main square. Pretty great views, I would recommend asking for the top floor if you can. Breakfast was delicious!!

Great breakfast and coffee in the morning.

The hostel it self was excellent for what I've paid and the staff was just great, unfortunately I've got in to a stupid argument with the owner who was very unfriendly, luckily for me I rarely saw them and the rest of the staff was just great!

The stupid argument was about the price, it is mentioned 3 times in hostelworld website that 12% tax is not included, however you insisted on not paying this 12% tax, he was saying that we are stealing his money, and that obviously was not the case.

Hostel was ok, walking distance to everything. The best part of my stay was the breakfast.

Cute little hostel right in the centre of Baños close to the Main Street, square and bus station. Not great for atmosphere but nice and clean with helpful staff!