Very Good 198 Total Reviews
Very Good 198 Total Reviews
Hostal Transilvania Located at 16 de diciembre s/n, y oriente, Banos.
Ecuador
Banos 16 de diciembre s/n, y oriente
77% 198
-1.3958122 -78.4087371
    Rooms available

• England, Couple, 25-30
21st Jul 2016
6.3

We arrived at 5am and were put to wait outside in the cold and rain with only a small shelter, after us emailing to confirm our arrival time. The receptionist acted as though we were really in the way and was not welcoming. The room smelt of damp, but was decent with good hot water. Atmosphere is weird, most people were speaking in Hebrew which prevented any socialising, and the staff were particularly rude when we asked anything. Good value for money though, comfy bed. Wifi was the worst ever!

• England, Couple, 25-30
10th Jul 2016
7.1

Staff really friendly and helpful. Kitchen can only be used between 2-5 and 9-11pm. Bit weird. Computers really slow. Nice big beds. Breakfast really good.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
15th May 2016
6.6

The location is prime and Janet was very helpful. Otherwise, I was very glad to have only stayed one night. The bedroom I was in was very cramped and the bathroom garbage was full the entire time. The atmosphere was the worst part. Maybe if you are Israeli and/or speak Hebrew you'd have a better time here, but since I'm not I was ignored and no one was willing to speak English, so it was very cold and unfriendly. If you're looking for friends or travel partners I can't recommend it.

At the time you stayed there were quite a few Israelis The staff speak either Spanish or English. So it is really up to you to mingle In the dorms we enter everyday to empty the trash. In 2-person rooms we enter upon request to clean.

• Northern Ireland, Couple, 18-24
25th Apr 2016
7.4

Stayed in private room which was nice enough. Staff are friendly and helpful and free breakfast is good. Location is good, not far from main square at all. No kitchen or laundry facilities. Very quiet family run hostel so not much of a social atmosphere when we were there. Would stay again though

We do have a kitchen for guests available from 2pm to 5pm and from 9pm to 11pm. as published on the booking page you used. Usually we do have a lot of tourists to socialize with.

18th Apr 2016
7.7

Good price, awesome breakfast. No kitchen and the place felt a bit more like a hotel with lots of beds in the rooms. Security was the thing that bothered me the most. No security locks. The rooms could be locked, but you just had to trust that the other people in your room would do that. Sometimes roomates would forget to leave the key at the front. Would have felt better with my things in a locker. Probably better for people travelling in groups who can fill a room.

we do have a kitchen as published on booking page you used. it is available for the tourist from 2pm to 5pm and from 9pm to 11pm. we a safe in the reception for valuables.

7th Apr 2016

Great location near good food and bars. Nice staff very willing to help you book your day trips or jungle trips. Best options for breakfast, included, that I've had in my many of hostel stays yet in South America. Cool place to kick it after a long day of hiking, riding or jumping off bridges. I would stay again given the chance to be back in Banos.

6th Apr 2016

Fantastic hostel, couple who run Hostal Transilvania are so lovely and so helpful, other staff are great, perfect location for everything in Baños, pancakes at breakfast were unbelievable, pool table and loads of films, WiFi a bit dodgy, but thank you so much for my stay, I will be back !!

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
2nd Apr 2016
5.7

Wifi is awful here, do not leave anything important like flight booking to here! Nice free breakfast (you get a choice), good central location. Not massively clean. Woman who owns the place is very nice and accommodating (she let us have free rolls!) but the younger boys are very stare-y and not as friendly. Dog is super cute. Stupid rules like charging for filling up water bottles even though water in a cup is free and not being allowed to use kitchen 5pm-9pm.

there was a temporary problem with the internet provider, not with our wifi. we are planning to switch to optic fiber as soon as this service become available in our area. we provide free mineral water for drinking when in the hostel, not to fill your bottles.

31st Mar 2016
5.4

Staff was not very friendly. Dorm rooms were very cramped. Kitchen was cramped. I don't think the bathroom or trash bin was cleaned at all while I stayed there, to the point where the room smelled quite bad. Private rooms seemed nicer, but if you are going for a dorm, I'd opt for another location.

Trash in the dorms is emptied everyday. private rooms are cleaned upon request or after 3 days of stay.

• rongarson171989
  • Canada, Male, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
29th Mar 2016
6.6

Cheap hostel in a good location. I didn't find the staff to be particularly friendly and my room wasn't clean.

rooms are cleaned upon request or after a few days of stay.