Hostal Tres Central Reviews

Calle Central Norte 393, Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico

The hostel looked very modern and super clean and was at the same time cheap! The beds were really comfortable and I would definately stay in this hostel again if I visit Tuxtla! :)

Something really dodgy happened to me at this hostel. When we returned one day, all my stuff in a locker had been moved into another locker (they provide the locks). This appeared odd, but okay because it seemed like everything was still there, including laptop, headphones, beer etc. But when I got on the bus the next day, my iPod was missing from inside the case with headphones, including the spare earphones zipped inside it. It was a rare 160GB iPod classic too. Otherwise it's a nice place.

• 5th Apr 2015

We stayed here for a night before our flight out from the Tuxtla airport. The hostel has more of a hotel feel, there didn't seem to be many other people around. If we we stayed here long term, it may have been hard to meet people like you normally do at a hostel. But the rooms were spotless, had air conditioning and personal lockers (they even provide the locks). Breakfast isn't included but they have a beautiful terrace cafe with reasonable prices (40 pesos from an omlette).

More like a hotel than a hostel this is a good place to stay. Everything was clean, the rooms are neat and the shower had really hot water. The place is in walking-distance to shops and restaurants and colectivos to the bus-terminal are only two blocks away. The stuff was very helpful and answered all our questions. The only let-down was the wifi that didn't work for two days (tech. problems). When it worked it was very stable and fast.

The dorm we stayed in was the best room we have had so far. It was more like a hotel and super clean! They don't have a kitchen which I guess is due to their hotel status. Nevertheless it's worth a stay!!!!

Very clean place! Bar on the rooftop is great! Wifi is super fast. Staff very friendly. Quick and cheap laundry.

A unique type of hostel - new, clean, a great concept - everything high quality. The best thing was the rooftop bar and restaurant with amazing views of the city.

Really one of the best hostels in the world. It is super clean and really beautiful! They have just canceled the breakfast, so you have to buy your own stuff. But you can leave it in the kitchen. There are some people at the reception which are not really competent and can give you wrong information but the guy is incredible!! He can give you information about anything! I can recomend the hostel with a good concience! Enjoy it !!!

There's a girl recepcionist who is very unfriendly, the customers service from her is really bad. The showers have 10 seconds of hot water but Tuxtla is warm so it is not a big deal. Due to price vs quality it worths really well. The restaurant bar at night is really nice.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Mexico

Our room had a bathroom (shower and sink) but the toilet was in the doorway, announced as room with private bathroom. This was the only inconvenient we had... besides that it was all perfect!

One of the best hostels on our trip. Clean, nice rooms, good wifi, nice and very helpful staff, nice furniture... the only thing I didnt like was the cold showers in the morning.

Must be the coolest hostal in all of tuxtla !

• 2nd Dec 2014