Hostal Tuyasto Reviews

28 De Agosto 535, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

The reason I should recommend the hostel is its hosts - Jose and Matilda. Actually the hostel are they. During our staying with them we had been feeling sincere attention up to the last day. They do everything they can that guests felt themselves comfortable and happy and they provide all information you need for visiting of Atacama desert. We never ever have been treated so personaly at a hotel or a hostel and were really surprised. I would give 5 stars to the hostel for attitude to guests.

• 22nd Nov 2013
  • Lithuania
  • Couple, 41+

This is a fantastic Hostel with a helpful staff and good ambiance.

It's not in the center but the city is so small that you take 5 mintutes to get there. The Staff is fantastic!

We had a very nice stay! Very helpful and friendly staff and owner that want to make you feel comfortable and like home! I think the place was also well located and not far from the town center and the market.

Tuyasto is very clean and attracts a fun group of international travelers. The three bathrooms are kept spotless and the solar hot water is fine. Location: it is about two blocks walk from the bus station, which is good when you have all your bags, but it is farther away from the center than other places, so that's a negative as there is nothing much in the immediate area except a handy food market with beer, bread, drinks, etc. The staff are friendly and helpful.

Nice, quiet and relaxed hostel. About 10 mins away from town so not too bad. Staff were really lovely and helpful. Facilities were always spotless. Kitchen has everything necessary for cooking.

Really helpful people, Juan Pablo a great guy and Matilde, who takes care that everything works right. No bunk beds, clean rooms and bathrooms. Nice common area. 10 min walking from the main street, only an issue, Tours for Bolivia booked by Luis are untruthful, they promise things that at the end you don't receive and be careful with a guide named Cristian, he took money from us (my friend and I paid a same thing double and he kept the money) but at the hostel they helped us. I will come back

Nice hostel and very cheap for San Pedro. Bit out of the way and the WiFi can be snail slow, but otherwise it is what you'd want from a hostel.

This place was excellent. The owners were very flexible, helpful and kind. They treated not just as a client but a guest. The place is a bit more far than most of the hostels of San Pedro, which might justify its low cost, but i didn't feel far and it never was a problem to get around for the tours or for a restaurant, plus it's right next to a mini market cheaper then the ones in the center. Even thought the hostel is not the cleanest I've been in, I totally recommend it.

Awsome hostel and staff!!! The facilities are great and the cleanliness as well!!! Just a little far from the Calle Caracoles (center), but 10 min walk is ok!

Great place! Close to town, a nice 5 minute walk. Nice clean rooms. Freindly staff. Top hostal, needs a Union Jack in the wifi area though.

Considering that the city is small and pretty safe, the 5 minute walk from the main road Caracoles wasn't a big issue. The hostel has hot water, is clean and the owner's are very nice people. There is also a mini market in the same road and this can be very helpfull to buy water and other stuff.

I had booked myself but upon arriving my three friends didn't have a bed. The hostel staff were so helpful and managed to find beds at the hostel for them when it seemed the whole town was full! I can not say enough about the staff. So friendly and helpful. We booked two tours through them which were great too. Wifi was a bit dodgy at time but the showers were hot! Would recommend.

Location was a bit of a walk outside the main area. Pretty clean rooms and facilities. Not very good water pressure and there was no hot water when I tried to shower. Not much atmosphere as not many people around in the common areas.

1 2 Next » last »