Hostal Vallparadis Reviews

69 Ave. Ibn Askar, Quartier Onsar, Chefchaouen, Morocco

Jose (the owner) and the guys that manage it are very nice. I was ill and they help me go through it. Very clean bathrooms and good blankets.. it's es cold in the bedrooms. Nice terraces to chill out.

Good hostel. Friendly staff, but not there long enough to make more complete comment. Seemed like a house, which is perfect for a hostel

First and foremost, the owners of this hostel are absolutely wonderful! They make everyone feel warm and welcomed. The hostel is right in heart of the blue pathways of the old madina. Simply walking to the hostel is an experience. The rooms are nice and clean. The only downside is that there are no curtains for the showers. So the bathrooms can get a bit wet. But all in all it's a nice establishment. And again, the owners are lovely, helpful people!

Hostal Vallparadis is incredible. It is located in the center of the old medina, deeply immersed in gorgeous blue pathways and buildings. There are two rooftop terraces and two rooms with their own balconies. The rooms are clean and simple with bathrooms on every floor. My travelling group cooked meals in the kitchen and ate upstairs on the roof for an unbelievable view. Jose and Miriam were really helpful and taught it us how to use the espresso machines. They require you to have your passport.

• 19th Nov 2015

Very friendly and helpful staff. Key for room and main door to come and go as please. Rooftop terrace excellent . Highly recommend

• 17th Nov 2015

First of all, the worst thing that happened to me in a hostel. The water in the shower on the first floor was fine and it became boiling water all the sudden. I burned my legs and had trouble walking for a whole day. à Also the room where we stay had a very strong spotlight right in our face the whole night. The bed was noisy. The employee there barely spoke Spanish, French or English. The owners did not speak to us at all. We thought they were guests. The bathroom was always very dirty.

Hi,Sorry for the burns with hot water,you're the first case.We did not talk to you as you did not talk to us, a conversation is something reciprocal. We usually we relate well with customers.The receptionist is understood in Spanish, French, English, Darija and Arabic.,About cleaning, no complaints from customers.Our rating SUPERB is because the guests are satisfied with our work.What I find incredible is your destructive comment because you had a bad experience.Sorry and enjoy your travels

Staff in that hostel was very nice and helpful. And it is placed really near to center and to taxi station.

Perfect little nest in the heart of old Chefchaouen

Nice room-albeit a bit small. There were windows but thy only opened up to a central indoor terrace so no nat. Light or air flow. I can imagine it gets quite hot in the summer(we didn't notice any a.c or fan units). Staff is great!

Good simple accommodation and pretty easy to find. Great terrace verandah. Not a lot of socialising information and a couple of things were in need of repair. Staff were friendly and helpful in what knowledge they had.

Thank you for staying with us. We try to do our job rightly. Can you tell me that things be repaired? To us there are things we do not see or know that need to be repaired if customers tell us nothing. Tell me what repairs are and we repair them. Thank You and see you soon

The Staff was nice and helpfull. The place is very well located. An excelent relantionship price quality. Not issues with security, they provide akey for your room; first place during my stay in Morocco. Is very well located inside the Medina and very close to the water fall. The area is very tranquil. The room was clean, bit not really sure about the linnen. Bathroom was ok.

Thank you to give your opinion about us. You too are a nice person and it's a pity you were not more days to go trekking in the mountains. The linen were clean and we change them if the client is going and if longer stays are changed every two days. See you soon and enjoy your trips !!

A brilliant hostel in a breathtaking place. Getting there was a bit difficult (getting lost in Moroccan towns and cities is a must though) yet José was friendly and attentive. Excellent value for money and a very relaxed atmosphere.

Basic, clean, and a good deal: just what we were looking for. The owner was also kind enough to guide us through the medina to get there.

I was the only guest at the time, but had a great experience nonetheless.

Very nice atmosphere .Seems like a hippies' hotel, but very clean and tidy. An owner was very helpful, when we were running out of something (towels, WC paper etc.). For more than 2 guests I'd suggest to book the room on the last floor - the best terrace and landscape (we were happy to see even local funeral and at least two minarets). Breakfast is not included, but it is easy to have breakfast just walking down the old city app. 15 minutes. Very safe area, looks like a fairy-tale city.

I didn't end up staying here as I had some bad luck but when I did arrive the following day they had to give my room away as I didn't (lack of internet) contact them early enough. That is no problems. They saw that I was in a bad way and found me a room for the night at another place. They made it the same as the room I paid for. They were helpful and didn't even make me pay for the night I didn't turn up too as they saw the trouble I had. That show the friendliness they have for travellers.

Centrally located, comfortable and inexpensive!

Although not having the best start to our stay, Laura and staff made us feel very welcome. The roof terrace is great (we only found this on our second day) and has a fantastic view .Location is great, although difficult to find (especially at night) so email for directions prior to stay. You do feel very safe at the hostel and if you are a small group (we were three people), then this is a better accommodation than perhaps a dorm in the medina.

The staff were lovely and the price so cheap. Great rooms and a cool terrace. The shower in the bathroom was not so great, a handheld one with nowhere to clip on, and it's right next to the toilet so hard to avoid getting water everywhere. A lovely place to stay, highly recommended.

The staff met us at the bottom of the hill and helped us carry all our luggage up the unsuspecting stairs, they were very helpful and sweet. The place has glorious views of the village and is nuzzled right in the middle of the blue.

View all Chefchaouen Bed and Breakfasts