Hostal Varayoc Reviews

Av Hermanos Ayar 803, Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu, Peru

Please recognize Edison Ramirez for his excellence in customer service. He went the extra mile and was very helpful during our stay. Even when we were walking out the door, he gave us great tips and pointers for the rest of our trip in Cuzco. Thanks for everything Edison!

• 14th Jul 2014

Great location next to the bus pickup to Machu Picchu. Extremely helpful and friendly staff. Go in with a budget mindset and you will be very pleased.

• 9th Jul 2014

I'm not sure if this hostel even exists. I was met at the train station by a woman with a sign with my name. I followed her back to the hostel where she spoke to me in Spanish. I had already been in Peru for 11 days at this point and my Spanish isn't great, but I managed to get around. I had no idea what she was saying. She wrote down the amount I still had to pay, and I paid and quickly left for Machu Picchu. The receipt she gave me said "Hostal Kcuychy" at the top. I ended up leaving.

• 9th Jul 2014

The stay here was wonderful. The owner's picked us up from the train station. There were hot showers. They made hot breakfast whenever you requested so you can get to Machu Picchu at a good time. The only negative was they did not store our bags in a secure location after we checked out.

Noisy, but decent if you intend to stay only one night (tipically if you intend to wake up early to go to the Macchu Pichu). Note that the staff prepared us a breakfast at 4:30 am!

Great stay for the money. AMAZING BREAKFAST and fantastic, caring staff. The only thing I would change is that people getting up early in the morning (as early as 4:30-5:00) can be quite loud in the stairwell and hallway, enough that it woke me up, and I am not a light sleeper. I would maybe have some sort of quiet hours or signs up asking residents to keep their voices down until a certain time. I would definitely stay at Varayoc again!

• 22nd Jun 2014

We stayed one night and we were pleasantly surprised! We were picked up at the train station, and helped to the hostel through the crazy market. Also the location is unbeatable. Right outside is the bus to Machu Picchu and the centre of the village is a few steps away! Brilliant!

When arrived at the station we spoted a a guy holding a sign whith the name of two other people and the name of the hostel. When we got close he said...I thought you guys had canceled. And we didnt...than he lead us to another place that we didnt knew about and left us there to stay. Luckly it was the same price and the place was good.

Great location for early trip to Macchu Picchu. Near bus stop. Staff will pick you up from train station. Facilities very basic but adequate. Hot water for showers run out quickly.

This is the perfect hostel if you plan to wake up early and catch the bus to Machu Picchu, which is one block away. Heads up, this also means you may be woken up by tourists or buses at 4:30 in the morning. The fantastic homemade breakfast helped us get going though and when their credit card machine wouldn't work, they let us leave our bags and pay when we got back from MP, when someone was there who could operate it. Comfortable beds and no problems with hot water.

Great staff.

The owner was very nice, came to the train station to pick up even the hostel is only 2 minutes away, he made the breakfast at 4:30 to accommodate us early departure to Machu Picchu although we told him we don't need breakfast, he even made fresh juice, we stored our luggage there when we went to MP. They were very friendly and the location cannot be better, 2 minutes from train station and 1 minute to bus station.

• 13th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Breakfast is awesome upstairs overlooking Aguas Calientes. They offer 5:00 AM breakfast which is really good if you want to be the first one up to Machu Picchu. Facilities are basic but good. Staff is very nice and helpful. It's really close to the buses to Machu Picchu and it's close to the train station. Varayoc is a perfect overnight stay on your way to Machu Picchu.

Nice room, good bed and hot shower. Perfect location to catch the bus to Machu Picchu (you can see the buses parked in front of the hostel) Breakfast is very very basic but you can have it as of 4am! They store your luggage when you're on Machu Picchu, for free. Very friendly staf. The hostal itself is not realy a coozy place to meet others but the price therefor is ok.

Rooms were decent and clean. Really good location. Less than a block away from where you take the bus to Machu Picchu. A lot of restaurants and stores close by. Staff was really good and helpful.

Definitely a good place to stay in Aguas Calientes. Clean rooms, warm shower, fairly quiet and very nice owners. They gave us good recommendations and even prepared breakfast before leaving to Machu Picchu at around 5am!

Excellent value for money. First off, this is a B

• 27th Apr 2014

Just stayed one night in order to climb up to Machu Picchu in the next day. A standard Privative room ensuite: clean sheets, hot water, tv. You can have your breakfast early in the morning, which is a positive point. The staff is gentle! The negative point is that my friend had a problem with the planks of wood of his bed that fell down. Nonetheless, the kind woman switch his room. The price is a little salty, but it is the standard in Aguas Callientes.

A great deal for the money - especially in Machu Picchu. The room was clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. There was plenty of hot water, soap, toilet paper and towels. The breakfast was a pretty standard Peruvian Breakfast - pan, butter, mermalada, fruta, cafe/te with seconds on request. There was quite a bit of noise from the street early in the night, but it settled down by midnight and we were able to get a decent night sleep before tackling Machu Picchu the next morning.

• 16th Apr 2014