Hostal Varayoc Reviews

Av Hermanos Ayar 803, Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu, Peru

Great location..comfortable room..right next to the river, which allows for peaceful nights sleep

I had a good night's sleep at this hostel.

Good value, and very clean. Much better than I expected!

Good location on Main Street close to buses train and markets Staff friendly

Great stay in Hostal Varayoc! My room was on the top floor, facing the town square & mountains...what a view to wake up to! There were 3 double beds in the room, but luckily for me no one else checked in that night, so I had it all to myself. There was a flat screen TV. The bathroom was very clean, with lots of hot water and a free towel & soap. They kept my luggage for me while I hiked up MP. Only downside was the pitiful breakfast, just bread & jam with coffee & juice. :-(

• 7th Dec 2013

Varayoc is located alongside and above Peru Rail. Trains stop running at around 10:30 pm so train noise is only during the daytime. Very loud but in some ways charming. Basic hostel but always someone at front desk. Our private room with bath was clean and definitely satisfactory. Minimal breakfast is served very early for early trekkers.

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Perfectly adequate hotel/hostel for a night or two. The hotel is very clean and the showers were really hot which was lovely. The train going past the window woke me up at night, but the town on Macchu Picchu is so small I don't think anywhere would escape the train noise totally. Breakfast is very basic - just a bread roll with jam and tea and coffee.

View all Machu Picchu Bed and Breakfasts