Hostal Vermont Puerto Varas Reviews

Pasaje Ricke 224, Puerto Varas, Chile

Staff member we saw was not overly friendly, kitchen tiny with no oven, one shower broken so only one for whole hostel, not enough lockers in dorm, fairly poor breakfast, whole place seemed pretty run down. Decent outside space though, and cosy (though small) lounge/dining area.

This hostel was really nothing special. It had a nice garden. Staff seemed a bit unprofessional. Was not thrilled about being kicked out of the common area and forced to go to my room at 11. Kind of felt like I was a kid at camp. Breakfast was not the best either but they did have fruit.

Hostel is in great location with nice views of Puerto Varas and the lake. It has a huge backyard and patio with benches and tables. The inside common area is cozy, but closes at 11pm which is a bit early. The staff were friendly and the atmosphere is good for socializing. Downfalls would be lack of lockers, not as clean as I would like and overall condition of some areas.

Location and price good, 11pm curfew too early to close the common areas!

• 19th Feb 2015
  • Chile

Breakfast is included. The hostel is quite nice, the primary downside being that the common areas close at 11pm. It is also a bit short on bathrooms.

Love the staff!!!

Awesome place with great people!

not a bad place if you're looking to meet people and super amazing staff! I found it to be ok, cleanliness could be improved and there are only two toilets that have the showers in them so if you need to go during prime shower time you're out of luck. wasn't a problem for me because the hot water stopped working for my stay. silver lining? did I mention the staff were awesome? I personally liked Margouya the best out of the three hostels I stayed at.

no lockers available, too few showers for too many people, poor beds

• 26th Jan 2015

Dear guest, We are sorry to hear that our hostel didn't fit your needs. We want to let you and all our guests know that in each shared dorm there are big closets that can be used as lockers, we are sorry you did't see them.

Nice and cozy hostel with a huge garden with some cityviews. Biggest lockers I ve always seen: Walkable ! :-D ;-) But only 4 for 13 dormbeds... Didn t like at all that they close their (nice!) comunareas at 11pm: Go sleep, go out or into the garden...? :-S People ended up reading etc. in the hall in 1.floor on a sundaynight thatfor (which is directly beside the dorms... :-S). Rule "be silent after 11pm" would be better and enough. Only 2 bathrooms, but never had to wait a long time.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Outside area for camping & hanging out was great. Only 2 downsides, my girlfriend reacted very badly to all the mold in the rooms and luckily she had a benadryl to sleep that night. Also, we had to catch an early bus and we tried to get our food out of the fridge to find the kitchen door locked and no one around to unlock it. Luckily, we had just enough time to grab it. So, if your planning on leaving before 8am, you can't leave your groceries in the kitchen.

• 17th Jan 2015

This is a charming hostel in Puerto Varas with a nice relaxing, quiet but sociable atmosphere and maybe the cutest dog in the world called Juno :) The owners are really nice and helpful and make you feel right at home. I think this place is only going to get better and better! I'm really glad I stayed there.

View all Puerto Varas Hostels