Hostal Versalles Reviews

C/ Montero Rios, 12, Algeciras, Spain

This is strictly a ferry transfer overnight venue - there are no frills, and you get exactly what you pay for. There's no breakfast (which you can have at the ferry port once you've bought your ticket) but you get an ensuite room with a locking door, a bed and wi-fi (and a TV). The location is a little dodgy, so do try to arrive in daylight, but it's very close to the train station. Go into town or to the supermarket for food.

Not a hostel at all; it's a pension. I was expecting a lot worse from the reviews I read, but I was taken by surprise at how clean everything was. The staff didn't speak English and were older, but were very friendly. Our room was super clean with TV and bathroom for 12 euros each. Only a 10 minute walk to the port, not even 5 mins from the bus station. All in all a very pleasant stay!

Staff was very unwelcoming and was angry that we were sitting in the reception as the wifi didn't work in our beds. We arrived at 1230am and left at 6am as was just a transit stop for us. Disappointed with wifi connection and staff

Room had the stale smell of tobacco smoke.

very basic hostel, but it was just what we needed for our transit night.

• 29th Aug 2014

Great stay for the one night transfer to Tarifa. Perfectly situated right next the bus station and very helpful staff. Thank you

The staff at the reception was very weird (it's the only word I can use to describe him), he did not speak English and seemed very irritated when I did not understand what he was telling me in Spanish.

24h reception, pretty close to the harbor. No AC but a ceiling fan, wifi available. I planned to stay one night but became sick and had to stay another night. Staff was super friendly and helpful, called me a taxi to the hospital and tried to help me where they could. They didn't speak english at all though.

A cheap place to stay over the night and get the ferry the next morning

Extremely basic, not very clean, in a very dingy area of town. It served us well for our purposes—a 1-night stopover between the train and ferry. The staff was very friendly. Beyond the kind staff and practical location, Hostal Versalles is not desirable. Room was grimy, bathroom was extremely small, shower drained slowly, almost no common space, and street noise flooded the room. Overall, it served our purposes but I would not return nor recommend it, even for the practicality of location.

• 13th Jul 2014

This is a no frills hostel that is a perfect location for anyone making the trip to Tangier needing an overnight stay. Algeciras itself is a hole of a city, not much going in but the hostel is 4 minute walk to bus stop and about 10-15 walk to ferry terminal. Did feel very safe at night so we just stayed in. Wifi works well and owners were friendly, if you need a place to eat cafeteria Goya on the front stretch near road to ferry terminal was great and really popular

View all Algeciras Bed and Breakfasts