Hostal Villa Colonial Reviews

Primero de Mayo y Callejon de Mono prieto, CP 98000 Centro Historico, Zacatecas, Mexico

The location is excellent, just behind the cathedral and close to everything. The terrace is lovely but the rooms need some attention, they{re a bit run down and the lockers are mostly broken. Enough bathooms but need cleaning more often. Not tea/coffee available or computers to use.

great views

• 26th May 2014

This was my second stay here in 2 years. It's best feature is location, location, location. Your stay is right in the heart of one of the most wondeful cities in Mexico and the world. Zacatecas is a well kept secret yet to be discovered and trampled by gringos. The only other gringos I met all weekend were from Villa Colonia. Don't miss the Birria down in the basement at the central mercado. I've hade birria (stewed goat) all over Mexico, and this is the very best. I will return again and again.

• 22nd Apr 2014

Very poor organization. A complete lack of respect for guests booked in advance at the hostel. Upon reaching my room had just been assigned to someone else without notifying me, without giving me any choice, telling me in a bad way. I had to spend all day looking for a hostel, when the whole city was completely filled by tourists. Terrible service, disrespectful. I could not get back my booking money. By the way Zacatecas its a very good city.

The hostel was nice, but the cleanliness was a bit lacking. Some bathrooms didn't have soap and our room had mold that smelled pretty musty. Also, there was a towel and some trash left from the previous people in our room. One of the staff told my boyfriend to return to his room while he sat in a common area reading late one night. The staff member got pretty insistent because the staff memeber waned to sleep. Most of the staff was friendly and helpful, but that was a bit strange.

• 13th Apr 2014