Hostal Villa Colonial Reviews

Primero de Mayo y Callejon de Mono prieto, CP 98000 Centro Historico, Zacatecas, Mexico

Hostelworld overbooked rooms for the hostal, so many people were left without a room. Personally, I had to wait half a day before they could tell me if i had or not a room. I was travelling with my 1 year, and it's not a pretty experience. Finally they freed a room to stay, but the person at reception is not the friendliest or fastest to do his job. Rooms were stinky, loads of maintenance needed, no hot water in private room, BUT for 100 pesos, you can't ask for all of that. Excelent location

• 1st May 2015
  • Mexico

A friendly and welcoming place with maid service every day in my private room. The owners show their pride by running a very clean and well-appointed establishment. The kitchen is supplied with a variety of cooking utensils, and a cooler keeps beer and water (for sale) chilly. There is a library and three computers for the guests use. The location is excellent since many sites are within walking distance. The views from the rooms are exceptional.

• 20th Apr 2015

Really friendly staff. Crazy good value for the money. Awesome rooftop terrace. Amazing location. My only complaint is that the WiFi was bad. But for 100 pesos I could live there permanently.

• 20th Apr 2015

Hostal has a great location, and nice rooftop terrace. Rooms vary by quality. My room would have been a great value IF it had been cleaned... ever. As it was it was disgusting, with a months worth of hairs and grime everywhere, and even after I said something to the desk manager the room was not cleaned over the 2 days I was there, except to empty the trash. No toilet paper even, had to ask for it. I requested a broom and cleaned as best I could. Such a shame. Posting pics on Trip Advisor.

You can't beat the location. The hostel sits right behind the cathedral and we could listen to all the concerts in the plaza while enjoying a drink on the cool rooftop lounge. Zacatecas is pretty small and super easy to navigate, so we didn't have much of a need to get information from the staff. However, our limited interaction with them was pleasant and they were very accommodative when we asked for different bedsheets. It's a good value for the money and we'd stay there again.

A very nice and clean hostel. I would recommend everybody who visits Zacatecas to stay there. You will meet a lot of International people, it is cheap and in the center of the city. It also has an amazing view from the rooftop.

• 29th Mar 2015

very nice place to relax with a wonderful view from the front rooms and the roof I recommend warmly this hostel

As there isn't much choice in Zacatecas when it comes to hostels, the price for a room at Villa Colonial is very good. The location is perfect, just behind the cathedral, and zacatecas itself was a great city to visit. On the downside, we felt we were irritating the staff when we asked for maps / advice / directions and we weren't made to feel especially welcome. There wasn't much to do in the hostel and not much of an atmosphere, though the views from the roof terrace are really cool.

• 16th Jan 2015

Unhelpful, sometimes surly staff. No lock on room door, no towels, no toilet paper in one of two shared bathrooms. We escaped after one sleepless night.

• 31st Dec 2014

Penny wise and dollar foolish NO LIGHTS most rooms just one dim bub you can hardly see any where in the place at night Otherwise a good place

• 17th Dec 2014

It was a good idea to stay outside in a smaller hostel. Short walk in the City, super helpful and funny stuff and a nice ambiente.

Great cheap hostel!!! Highly reccomend staying there.