Hostal Villa Colonial Reviews

Primero de Mayo y Callejon de Mono prieto, CP 98000 Centro Historico, Zacatecas, Mexico

Staff were very friendly. Great view from roof top terrace.

Wonderful location and a great price. Although the place had been cleaned there is a little bit of mold in the private bathrooms ceiling which would be nice to have removed. The staff was super friendly and helpful.

Nice hostel with great roof terrace in the centre of town. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Not many people around when I visited, but I had a nice stay and would stay again if in Zacatecas.

This hostel is as central as you can get and the price is extremely cheap. However, the place could use up some sprucing up. There is only a single sink, not counting the one in the kitchen area and two main bathroom. If this place is ever full, there might be problems.

Great location (although they really need a better description on how to get there) and the price is unbeatable. BUT they don't give you any room keys and that's not only a problem with security but also because the door never stays closed and tthat is really disturbing at night. The citchen doesn't offer basic things like salt and pepper and the afternoon reception guy was rather. unfriendly.

Great hostel for a great price. Unfortunately not a lot of people were living there during my stay... So on the bright side I had a four-bed-dorm for myself. But it was also quite lonely. But the hostel is super nice. :)

• 18th May 2015

I was surprised that towels were only for guests in private rooms but maybe I just don't know hostels well and that's typical. Also the internet sucked and there was only one electric outlet I found in the room. However the location is super central, it's clean and safe, and cheap, so that's all you really need!

Hostelworld overbooked rooms for the hostal, so many people were left without a room. Personally, I had to wait half a day before they could tell me if i had or not a room. I was travelling with my 1 year, and it's not a pretty experience. Finally they freed a room to stay, but the person at reception is not the friendliest or fastest to do his job. Rooms were stinky, loads of maintenance needed, no hot water in private room, BUT for 100 pesos, you can't ask for all of that. Excelent location

• 1st May 2015
  • Mexico

A friendly and welcoming place with maid service every day in my private room. The owners show their pride by running a very clean and well-appointed establishment. The kitchen is supplied with a variety of cooking utensils, and a cooler keeps beer and water (for sale) chilly. There is a library and three computers for the guests use. The location is excellent since many sites are within walking distance. The views from the rooms are exceptional.

• 20th Apr 2015

Really friendly staff. Crazy good value for the money. Awesome rooftop terrace. Amazing location. My only complaint is that the WiFi was bad. But for 100 pesos I could live there permanently.