Hostal Villa Colonial

• Primero de Mayo y Callejon de Mono prieto, CP 98000 Centro Historico, Zacatecas, Mexico

Very Good 351 Total Reviews
Very Good 351 Total Reviews
Hostal Villa Colonial Located at Primero de Mayo y Callejon de Mono prieto, CP 98000 Centro Historico, Zacatecas.
Mexico
Zacatecas Zacatecas, MEXICO 98000 Primero de Mayo y Callejon de Mono prieto, CP 98000 Centro Historico
77% 351
22.7746902 -102.5713352
    Rooms available

• arceliapaz
  • Mexico, Female, 25-30
1st Aug 2016
6.0

Look, it's cheap, I get it. I still expected the place to be clean. The place has seen better days, and at some point, they've stopped trying.

• USA, Male, 25-30
27th Jul 2016

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Very good location--two blocks away from Avenida Hidalgo in the historic town center. The shared bathrooms weren't restocked immediately but overall we enjoyed our stay. Very good value for the price.

6th Jul 2016
7.1

Quiet place. Ok kitchen. Cwntral location. There was no atmosphere to speak of.

13th Jun 2016

Great hosts, great location, absolutely gorgeous rooftop view. My only complaint is walking up those stairs, but really that's my fault since I'm a smoker. Lots to do in the area, only about a 20 minute walk to La Bufa. The facilities were nice, and I even had a little patio I could hang out on and check out the beautiful view. Totally worth the $11 bucks for the privacy, too. Thanks Villa Colonial! I'll definitely be staying again next time I make it to Zacatecas!

27th May 2016
8.0

Good hostel, good location. Somewhat strict rules. Would go again though!

• graemebingham2868
  • England, Male, 25-30
15th May 2016

Great value for money hostel in a perfect location in Zacatecas. 2 blocks from the cathedral and Plaza de Armas and views over the cathedral from the roof terrace and the balcony in my room. I was able to check in early after arriving on a night bus and the staff were friendly. Only small downsides were the wifi not working in the room (my room was on the top floor) and the rather compact communal areas. But for the cost for a double room, would definitely stay again.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
13th May 2016
7.7

This hostel had an incredible location! Right in the middle of everything, with a decent restaurant practically next door and just a block or two away from all the hustle and bustle of the central area of the city. For the price it was sufficient, but everything look very used, the furniture rattled when we walked in the room, and the bathrooms were a little dirty. The host was very generous, however, and my friend and I really enjoyed our time visiting Zacatecas!

17th Apr 2016
7.1

The location was great. The rooftop was amazing. Staff was friendly. The price was cheap. However, the bathrooms had black mold on the walls and ceiling. The toilet seat was broken and smelled pretty bad. For the price, it did the job. The location is perfect, but I probably wouldn't stay here again if I return to Zacatecas.

• USA, Male, 41+
18th Mar 2016

I stayed here at the start of the Festival Cultural . I was in a private room with bath, which is a separate building across a small pedestrian street. My room had a kitchen, bathroom, and its own veranda from which I had a direct view of the cathedral. TV too. Mind you, this is a hostel, not a 3 or 4 star hotel, so it was a bit rough around the edges, but it was clean, the water was hot, and the staff nice. Great, filling little eateries nearby. Get stuffed for $4 with good food.

8th Mar 2016

It got cold and snowed. My room was like an ice box. I buried myself under 4 blankets to have a good night sleep lol