Hostal Villa Colonial Reviews

Primero de Mayo y Callejon de Mono prieto, CP 98000 Centro Historico, Zacatecas, Mexico

Wonderful location and a great price. Although the place had been cleaned there is a little bit of mold in the private bathrooms ceiling which would be nice to have removed. The staff was super friendly and helpful.

This hostel is as central as you can get and the price is extremely cheap. However, the place could use up some sprucing up. There is only a single sink, not counting the one in the kitchen area and two main bathroom. If this place is ever full, there might be problems.

Great location (although they really need a better description on how to get there) and the price is unbeatable. BUT they don't give you any room keys and that's not only a problem with security but also because the door never stays closed and tthat is really disturbing at night. The citchen doesn't offer basic things like salt and pepper and the afternoon reception guy was rather. unfriendly.

Great hostel for a great price. Unfortunately not a lot of people were living there during my stay... So on the bright side I had a four-bed-dorm for myself. But it was also quite lonely. But the hostel is super nice. :)

• 18th May 2015

I was surprised that towels were only for guests in private rooms but maybe I just don't know hostels well and that's typical. Also the internet sucked and there was only one electric outlet I found in the room. However the location is super central, it's clean and safe, and cheap, so that's all you really need!

Hostelworld overbooked rooms for the hostal, so many people were left without a room. Personally, I had to wait half a day before they could tell me if i had or not a room. I was travelling with my 1 year, and it's not a pretty experience. Finally they freed a room to stay, but the person at reception is not the friendliest or fastest to do his job. Rooms were stinky, loads of maintenance needed, no hot water in private room, BUT for 100 pesos, you can't ask for all of that. Excelent location

• 1st May 2015
  • Mexico

A friendly and welcoming place with maid service every day in my private room. The owners show their pride by running a very clean and well-appointed establishment. The kitchen is supplied with a variety of cooking utensils, and a cooler keeps beer and water (for sale) chilly. There is a library and three computers for the guests use. The location is excellent since many sites are within walking distance. The views from the rooms are exceptional.

• 20th Apr 2015

Really friendly staff. Crazy good value for the money. Awesome rooftop terrace. Amazing location. My only complaint is that the WiFi was bad. But for 100 pesos I could live there permanently.

Hostal has a great location, and nice rooftop terrace. Rooms vary by quality. My room would have been a great value IF it had been cleaned... ever. As it was it was disgusting, with a months worth of hairs and grime everywhere, and even after I said something to the desk manager the room was not cleaned over the 2 days I was there, except to empty the trash. No toilet paper even, had to ask for it. I requested a broom and cleaned as best I could. Such a shame. Posting pics on Trip Advisor.

You can't beat the location. The hostel sits right behind the cathedral and we could listen to all the concerts in the plaza while enjoying a drink on the cool rooftop lounge. Zacatecas is pretty small and super easy to navigate, so we didn't have much of a need to get information from the staff. However, our limited interaction with them was pleasant and they were very accommodative when we asked for different bedsheets. It's a good value for the money and we'd stay there again.

A very nice and clean hostel. I would recommend everybody who visits Zacatecas to stay there. You will meet a lot of International people, it is cheap and in the center of the city. It also has an amazing view from the rooftop.

• 29th Mar 2015

very nice place to relax with a wonderful view from the front rooms and the roof I recommend warmly this hostel