Hostal Villa Toscana Reviews

16 calle 8-20 zona 13 Aurora 1, Guatemala City, Guatemala

I ordered a ride from the airport and they said someone would be there to pick me up with a sign -- when I landed nobody was there so I had to call the hotel a couple of times to check on my ride. In the end, he came and it was a quick ride to Hostal Toscana. I then flew to Tikal and back and both of my rides from Hostal Toscana were ready and waiting to take me to and from the airport :) Overall a great stay with nice terrace/garden/breakfast/they will help you book shuttles to Antigua!

Sergio, the main man, was so awesome. They picked me up at the airport, 'twas great! Thank you!!

• 25th Dec 2014

I had a night time arrival at the airport. As promised I was met by a taxi driver with a sign with my name printed on it. In less than 10 minutes we were at Villa Toscana. The hostel is within a gated community so your security is high. Rooms were clean and spotless. Staff were great and knew the answers to all questions. The included breakfast was very good. Maybe a bit expensive from a Guatemalan standard, but Villa Toscana is less than ten minutes from the airport. I'll return again.

We were quote a price of $47.50 including all taxes clearly said in the reservation when we got there late and tired we were force to paid $12.00 more dollares for taxes they told us that was Hostelworld mistake and that was nothing they could do. For us, we felt very disappointed and. Ungry to fund this extra charge at the time to get there tired and hungry we had not other choice that paid it. At this point we don't know who to believe of this mistake Hostelworld??? Or Villa Toscana??

Overall I'd say it was 3 1/2 star because of it's size and guest it can house. Yet all the areas identified are 4 1/2 stars on average. The breakfast included is not something to die for, just average limited menu. US travelers pay attention to paying in hard US currency, which they demand. They accept their currency but at a disadvantage to you, since the room rate paid in Quetzales cost you a rate of 8 Q for dollar; making it more expensive. Since the change rate is 7.6 Q for dollar.

View all Guatemala City Bed and Breakfasts