Hostal Villa del Rosario Reviews

Honorato Vasquez 5-25 y Mariano Cueva, Cuenca, Ecuador

A lovely cozy hostal with a sweet and quiet internal garden full of exotic flowers that attracted hummingbirds too. Seniora Dolores and her husband were very sweet and helpful, especially when my partner got badly ill she made him a herbal tea from flowers in her garden to sooth his bad cough. We would recommend this place to anyone who wishes to have a more traditional experience of Cuenca and its locals. Great location too, a few minutes walk from the centre of old town.

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Greece

I had the unique privilege to spend Christmas and New Year's in this wonderful hostel. The owners graciously opened their hearts and home to a perfect stranger. I was not alone - other travelers were included in this holiday largesse. The facility is well laid out and quiet even in the midst of holiday celebration, excepting of course the necessary fireworks for such a holiday. The location is central and I cannot recommend this hostel nor its kind proprietors enough as a Cuenca destination.

Staff is nice but resides in a building next to the one rented out so at night, after hours, they can't be reached. When my wife and I stayed it was a national holiday and we got keep up all night by rude, rowdy South Americans and couldn't get any help from the staff because they were nowhere to be found. Other than that the staff is very nice.

When we arrived, the hostel staff told us that they had no record of our booking. Only after arguing with them for over an hour did they finally let us have a room. Also, the four-person dorm we had booked contained one set of bunk beds and one rather small double bed - luckily I knew the girl I was sharing with! Besides that, the hostel was fine. Garden is lovely, showers were hot. Location is good and (after the initial arrival problems!) the staff were friendly and helpful.

Owner was very helpful, extremely welcoming and nice. He even pointed us to cheap breakfast food at the local market, which is an experience itself since the market is so big! Lots to look at there. Felt very safe there, the outdoor places within the hostel were beautifully planted and had a pleasant atmosphere. Beds were comfortable and showers have hot water. Furthermore, the location was quite ideal in regards to the historic center and river. Give this place a 10 out of 10!

• 28th Oct 2015

We had a great stay here. Rooms are nice. Hostel clean and location good. Excellent wifi and plenty of hot water. Thanks!

Great hostel to stay if you just want to chill out for a few days. Lovely old couple who run the place, and are as attentive and hospitable as we've encountered. Great location a couple of blocks from main plaza.

• 11th Aug 2015