Hostal Villa del Rosario Reviews

Honorato Vasquez 5-25 y Mariano Cueva, Cuenca, Ecuador

Dora and Maria were very sweet to us and made sure we were well taken care of. I would recommend this hostel.

This hostel was basic but everything you really need. The kitchen is pretty dirty and the bathrooms lack hot water. The bed is old and squeaky and the walls are really really thin so sleep quality isn't fantastic. Free fresh water was a nice touch and the staff were fantastically friendly. This place has great communal areas but a very unfriendly long term guest kind of scared people away from them while I was there.

• 30th Dec 2014

The outdoor patio area and garden are lovely! We had a shared bathroom, and it was kept immaculately clean throughout our stay (which I very much appreciate!). The particular room we stayed in could have used better light fixtures. It was a nice space, but the extremely dim lighting made it difficult to see. That is really the only thing I would change. Everything else (facilities, staff, location) was great.

Nice hostel in a great location; very central to attractions and bars/restaurants, but very quiet. The family that run the place are very welcoming and friendly. Beautiful old colonial building with lovely garden and common lounge area. Room was comfortable and spacious, bathrooms good. Wifi worked well. Overall good value in Cuenca.

Excellent location in historic center. Garden courtyard provides a tranquil oasis in the historic center. Good hot water shower and mattress. Good value for the money. It would be better if a microwave oven or water heater is provided.

Nice building in a good neighbourhood. Friendly staff. The bed was awfull, I hardly slept. No breakfast included and most of the cafes open up from 9 o'clock. Showers don't get really warm. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this place.

View all Cuenca Bed and Breakfasts