Hostal Wasi Masi Reviews

Urcullo 233, Sucre, Bolivia

Brilliant hostel. Medium sized with chilled atmosphere but nice courtyard for socialising. Incredible value especially the package with breakfast, lunch, Spanish lessons and a private room. Would have liked to spent longer here. Nice breakfast but steer clear of the coffee

yet again another hostel with a high score on hostel world that is only average (and no where as good as the other two hostels I was at in Sucre). plus, the room stank of sewage. the owner denied any problem yet the lady next to her at the time who worked there admitted a problem with the drain. I asked to change hostel (no other rooms free) and she said ok but tried to charge me 20bolivianos for the shower I took in the morning. plenty of bigger better places than this hostel

I really liked this hostel. I had a single room with private bathroom with a really nice feel to it. There's a nice courtyard where I played cards and had a few beers with other travellers. The hostel also has a bar (not open for us), which also doubles as a Spanish language school and a restaurant offering good value $15 Boliviano lunches. Good location, some well looked after kittens roaming about and helpful staff.

Perfect location, Perfect staff. No need to say a lot. Definitely recommended

Great hostal! We arrived early and our room was ready. Mattress is on the floor but it's a nice change. The shower in the private rooms could do with a shower curtain to stop water going all over the bathroom. Breakfast was pancakes one day and a pastry another, served with bread jam and coffee. Fruit other than banana could be offered as not everyone likes them. As mentioned in other reviews, the shared kitchen is small but has all the essentials.

This is what you would expect a hostel to be like. Perfect if you want to meet people and also if you just want to have a rest. Absolutely satisfied!

If you're looking for a clean, fun, relaxing hostel in a great location in the beautiful city of Sucre, look no further than Wasi Masi.I had originally planned to stay 4 days, ended up staying for 12!! Mind you it was over the Christmas and New Year's holidays, but the family environment and the awesome travelers i met there made the place awesome.if you want to get away from the crazy party hostel scene but still want to have simpler party fun, try here. A larger kitchen would be nice though.

The bathroom had a very terrible smell, it was disgusting and not always hot water in the shower.

Room was light and a good size but bed was quite uncomfortable. Shower was hit and miss in terms of heat and pressure. Our room was left unlocked and open after cleaning one day but security good at night as you need a key to get in. After reading all the good reviews about breakfast we were disappointed to just get bread, jam and a banana twice. Cake was a nice touch but I'd rather have proper breakfast. Location is close to the plaza, a supermarket and buses to get you to attractions.

Amazing place. Our favourite so far after 4 months of South America. Super cheap for there deal with accomidation in a dorm breakfast, lunch and 1hr Spanish lessons (which were really good, Our teacher was yerko!!) for only 69b. The food is amazing with a differs breakfast and lunch daily. Some of our best in sucre. It has a well equipped kitchen. The staff are soooo friendly and don't stop working to make the hostel clean and accommodating. Would love to go back to study some more!!!!!!!!

Great value double rooms and a nice communal area to chill with others. Kitchen is a bit small i.e. only one person can use it at a time. And this coffee and pancakes is still the best I've ever has whilst travelling.

A wonderful place to stay! The rooms are very clean and comfortable and the staff are beyond friendly! Everyone goes above and begin to make you feel at home. Even when we were sick they let us stay another night without any fuss and helped us to rearrange our night bus to La Paz. The breakfast is different everyday which is nice as it makes every day slightly more exciting! I lovely hostel which we will very highly recommend! Thank you for having us! Alex and Ali x

We booked a double room and were upgraded into an apartment at no extra cost.

Overall great hostel with cosy double rooms. Ok breakfast, nice staff. 3 blocks or so to main square and lots of good restaurants nearby.

A fantastic Hostel, quiet, nice rooms and not too many people so it is friendly and intimate. Ask for the deal with accommodation and Spanish lessons, it a good deal, I stayed there for 10 nights

Amazing place, we highly recommend this hostel!

Roxana & staff, you're all wonderful! Garden courtyard is beautiful, I even saw a hummingbird one afternoon. Laidback sunny place to chill & learn Spanish good. Hot hot shower. Kitchen is small but adequate. Would definitely return

Wasi Masi was a fantastic hostel. We initially booked for two nights and ended up staying for two weeks! I would reccomend staying and studying Spanish here as it is definately affordable- we got food and accomodation thrown in as part of the deal too. The staff are friendly and there is a good social space to meet people. Good hot showers and free breakfast. We had a brilliant stay here..

View all Sucre Bed and Breakfasts