Hostal Welcome Reviews

Casas de Miavete 28, Madrid, Spain

I wish I would have looked into this hostel befor I booked it! 2.5 hour walk out of the city center very not backpacker friendly and has no kitchen. Felt awkward the whole 2 day stay... But it is cheap!

it seems good for families, get ready for an hour and a half trek to city center. kinda sketchy neighborhood.

I did enjoy my stay here, it is a nice hostel with friendly and helpful staff, it is true that they welcome the refugees but they are also nice people. I felt secure in this place but I only moved after a couple days because I found a closer place. However there are many options for transportation, the bus is about five minutes away and it takes you to the center or to the train station. Thank you Hostal welcome!

• 24th Oct 2014

It is ok if you want a cheap and quite acceptable hostel to stop in Madrid one night if you are in transit to another place. Otherwise is very far from the city center

This is being used to house refugees. It is way out in an industrial area and I would never have walked out after dark. This is not suitable for travellers to Madrid.

• 4th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Even in an emergency situation I'm sure there is a better option. Looks and smells like a hospital. I think the security enclosure that the receptionist sits in speaks for the safety of the area. Any money saved on booking here will be spent on transportation (bus & metro). While every piece of my linen was stained and the walls filthy, the whole place still stunk of disinfectant. If you want wifi in your room be prepared to pay. The worst hostel environment I have ever experienced.

The facilities are very complete, what we didn't like was that the hostel is very far from the city (metro and then bus). The staff was very helpful and the hostel was very clean. Also didn't like that they charge for wifi in the room(free in the main hall). I would recommend it for someone that has a car or that is looking for somewhere cheap( the place is nice but remember to add the price of the transportation which is metro ticket plus bus ticket, unless you buy the full day ticket-8 euros)

View all Madrid Bed and Breakfasts