Hostal Welcome Reviews

Casas de Miavete 28, Madrid, Spain

Here you get a cheap price and it is clean. That's about it. There's a microwave, no kitchen, not even cups or glasses to use. The reception area with the free wifi has only two chairs. But it is cheap. And clean.

Completely far away of the city centre, no wifi in rooms, no kitchen but is clean and comfortable

This place was a very long distance from the city or even a train station. Paying for Internet is ridiculous, even more ridiculous when this can't happen because vouchers have not been made. There was nowhere to keep food or coo, and the surroundings offered minimal choices to eat. Absolutely nothing to do in the area.

Place for refugees, creepy like a big jail not for tourists

The hostel is located far far from the city centre, you have to get a bus and metro to get to the city centre so these are extra money you have to spend. More, the district is so dirty! Plenty of rubbish in the street as if nobody cleaned it for ages. I think it is near the landfill. Furthermore, we were there in July and in the room without air-conditining (even without a fan) the heat was unbearable (about 32 degrees at night).

Really great, I don't understand the bad reviews. Nice family atmosphere, lots of friendly people and kids! Hot showers, bathrooms, comfortable beds. Worst part was the lack of air-con, but I might just not have been able to find it! :-) Lovely staff and nice though basic stay, which is all I needed.

Far far away Due to pride for madrid event, all accomodation are fully booked No air- conditioning or fan during night Terrible stay For this price, I can't complain

lockers were not big enough to fit my bag. very very hard to get to and not central at all. the area thr hostel was in seemed very sketchy and unsafe to walk as a female without being heckled by strangers. staff were helpful though when i had any questions about getting places as you had to catch trains and buses usually for over an hour. there is no air conditioning in the rooms so it was too hot to sleep, like unbearably hot.

Hotel is miles from the city centre and a 20 minute walk to closest station through a neighbourhood that felt unsafe. Staff friendly and helpful. Guests very undesirable crowd. Cheap for a reason.

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Grenada

There are refugees in this hostel yes. The hostel says this is because of some kind of ethical behaviour but really it's for the money. The refugees here are all friendly and good people. A lot of the white travellers were clearly racist about them and applying steriotypes so dont place too much reliance on their reviews. The location of the hostel is terrible for most. This is why the hostel is so cheap. Youre a dumb person if you book the hotel knowing this then complain about it later.

It is a nice Hostel if you want to save money, but it is to far from the city center if you are going to spend some days in the city i would recomend spending a little bit more on a closer place.

Very far from everything... Including Metro. And there were a lot of sketchy people who were staying there. Clean rooms tho.

We had a very pleasant stay at the Welcome Hostel. The concierge was very nice to us and would help us in everything we needed. The place was very clean and upto standards. Easy check-in and check-out process, the cocierge even called a shuttle service on short notice to pick us up and drive us to the airport on the next morning. The shuttle was budget friendly compared to taxi fares on madrid. All in all we were very satisfied with the Welcome Hostel and the staff. Thank you for everything.

• 24th Mar 2015
  • Puerto Rico

I mean, if you want to stay at a refugee camp, with illegals, crackheads, and prostitutes, this is the place to be!

Feeled like a old hospital in the middle of nowhere. Lots of, lets call them refugees, and the hallways were smelly. the price was okay but the location definetly killed it. 20 minute walk froma trainstation way out of city

The hostel seems to be more a refugee than a hostel. For us there was too many scary face that we were not prepared to. The hostel has 24hr recepcion, security is ok and nothing happened but we still did not feel safe. The atmosphere is not good (probably because of the guests) although rooms were clean and tidy, not even too small. Common bathroom was clean but toilets are without doors! Staff was friendly with good English. We picked it because it was cheap in Madrid and close to the Airport.

I wish I would have looked into this hostel befor I booked it! 2.5 hour walk out of the city center very not backpacker friendly and has no kitchen. Felt awkward the whole 2 day stay... But it is cheap!

it seems good for families, get ready for an hour and a half trek to city center. kinda sketchy neighborhood.

I did enjoy my stay here, it is a nice hostel with friendly and helpful staff, it is true that they welcome the refugees but they are also nice people. I felt secure in this place but I only moved after a couple days because I found a closer place. However there are many options for transportation, the bus is about five minutes away and it takes you to the center or to the train station. Thank you Hostal welcome!

• 24th Oct 2014

It is ok if you want a cheap and quite acceptable hostel to stop in Madrid one night if you are in transit to another place. Otherwise is very far from the city center

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4