Hostal Welcome Reviews

Casas de Miavete 28, Madrid, Spain

Very far from everything... Including Metro. And there were a lot of sketchy people who were staying there. Clean rooms tho.

We had a very pleasant stay at the Welcome Hostel. The concierge was very nice to us and would help us in everything we needed. The place was very clean and upto standards. Easy check-in and check-out process, the cocierge even called a shuttle service on short notice to pick us up and drive us to the airport on the next morning. The shuttle was budget friendly compared to taxi fares on madrid. All in all we were very satisfied with the Welcome Hostel and the staff. Thank you for everything.

• 24th Mar 2015
  • Puerto Rico

I mean, if you want to stay at a refugee camp, with illegals, crackheads, and prostitutes, this is the place to be!

Feeled like a old hospital in the middle of nowhere. Lots of, lets call them refugees, and the hallways were smelly. the price was okay but the location definetly killed it. 20 minute walk froma trainstation way out of city

The hostel seems to be more a refugee than a hostel. For us there was too many scary face that we were not prepared to. The hostel has 24hr recepcion, security is ok and nothing happened but we still did not feel safe. The atmosphere is not good (probably because of the guests) although rooms were clean and tidy, not even too small. Common bathroom was clean but toilets are without doors! Staff was friendly with good English. We picked it because it was cheap in Madrid and close to the Airport.

I wish I would have looked into this hostel befor I booked it! 2.5 hour walk out of the city center very not backpacker friendly and has no kitchen. Felt awkward the whole 2 day stay... But it is cheap!

it seems good for families, get ready for an hour and a half trek to city center. kinda sketchy neighborhood.

I did enjoy my stay here, it is a nice hostel with friendly and helpful staff, it is true that they welcome the refugees but they are also nice people. I felt secure in this place but I only moved after a couple days because I found a closer place. However there are many options for transportation, the bus is about five minutes away and it takes you to the center or to the train station. Thank you Hostal welcome!

• 24th Oct 2014

It is ok if you want a cheap and quite acceptable hostel to stop in Madrid one night if you are in transit to another place. Otherwise is very far from the city center

This is being used to house refugees. It is way out in an industrial area and I would never have walked out after dark. This is not suitable for travellers to Madrid.

• 4th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Even in an emergency situation I'm sure there is a better option. Looks and smells like a hospital. I think the security enclosure that the receptionist sits in speaks for the safety of the area. Any money saved on booking here will be spent on transportation (bus & metro). While every piece of my linen was stained and the walls filthy, the whole place still stunk of disinfectant. If you want wifi in your room be prepared to pay. The worst hostel environment I have ever experienced.

The facilities are very complete, what we didn't like was that the hostel is very far from the city (metro and then bus). The staff was very helpful and the hostel was very clean. Also didn't like that they charge for wifi in the room(free in the main hall). I would recommend it for someone that has a car or that is looking for somewhere cheap( the place is nice but remember to add the price of the transportation which is metro ticket plus bus ticket, unless you buy the full day ticket-8 euros)

Showers with no hot water. Very bad location, ugly and unsafe meighborhood. Far away from everything

• 8th Mar 2014
  • Spain

Overall this was a great spot, I failed to read the directions an noticed its a little ways outside the center of town, but it's just a quick tram ride 2€ to the center..staff was very helpful with plenty of information on hand..great value!

This hostel is in the middle of nowhere and they didn't say anything about it being a family hostel online. I think they should tell you that families will be staying there and nothing is open at night.

• 7th Dec 2013

This hostel is for a cheap bed. It is not a place for meeting people or sight seeing or partying. It is a cheap bed in an institution like environment. Full of families and a weird mixture of people including elderly people. It is clean and the beds were comfortable. However, it is literally so far out of the city that you can see the country side. It is not easy to find. It takes a long time on the metro from the city and then you have to catch a bus from the metro. You get what you pay for.

had an emergency and could.not arrive . I contacted them asap and they charged me the night

I liked it but it was really hard to find and then get to the metro from.

actually is a not so good place , is so far from the city centre you must take one bus and metro , if you go to madrid for 2-3 day dont go here. But the people who work in hostel is a really helpful person!

Lo único problema es el calor!!no hay aire ni ventilador es imposible dormir!!

• 5th Jul 2012