Hostal Yakumama Reviews

Luis Cordero 5-66 y Honorato Vasquez, Cuenca, Ecuador

Great hostel, definitely get your money's worth when staying in the 10 person mixed dorm. Also this hostel is in a very convient location, close to many restaurants, in the heart of Cuenca's historic centre, and only a short walk to the main square. I go to this hostel on the weekends when I need a break from work, and I continue to be pleased.

• 30th Jan 2016

Location is good, staff friendly and helpful.

Great hostel, perfect location and the staff could not have been friendlier or more heplful.

Really convenient place to staystaystay. Noisy though at night but that can be good if you want to socialize and meet people in courtyard area. Ping pong table a bonus and helpful staff,

• 15th Jan 2016
  • Couple, 41+

Should be very more hygiene! Could be some more stuff for hang up Or put on clothes and such things.

• 8th Jan 2016

The ceilings are nice and high, the bunk beds are spacious, there are lockers in the rooms. There are hammocks everywhere, an indoor bar and outdoor bar, and helpful staff. The location is great for walking around. Breakfast isn't incredible but you can buy add-ons for an extra dollar or so. Gorgeous space for a fraction of the price.

I have no comments other than fix your software so that when a traveler shows up on your doorstep with a reservation in hand, you do not turn them away. The entire purpose of a reservation is to RESERVE a bed in your hostel. The reservation was made from your website

• 24th Dec 2015

They closed their dining area and lounge at 7 pm on Christmas Eve. It appeared that the ownership was preparing for Christmas festivities and use of the hostel for themselves!! Hence, the hostel guests has no where to hang out. And, most sat in their rooms on their i-pads. Next, the ownership closed on Christmas Day at 7 pm for a party by the owners for their FAMILY. It is completely against the norm in all hostels that I have ever been to. Hostel guests were very upset as was I.

• 24th Dec 2015

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 3 days and it was great! The staff was friendly and helpful and the location was excellent. We would definitely stay here again!

I upgraded to a single room for myself from my dorm reservation and it was an underwhelming experience! The biggest problem is there is only one toilet which is available for males as well as females. There is lack of privacy. Even a single room doesn't come with a private toilet. I understand this is a backpackers hostel and I have stayed in the quite a few of them but this is by far the extreme! Poor value if you are getting a room here. For that price you can stay at a much nicer room in Cue

Great staff, especially Damien who went out of his way to send us our laundry when it was closed the day we left!! Great lounge and happy hour, free breakfast is bread and you have to buy extras. Good location to walk all around the city. Clean enough.

We enjoyed our stay at Yakumama for three nights. We arrived on a Sunday and found that Sundays and Mondays feel quite deserted there because the lounge is closed. It makes it hard to find a good spot to hang out. We appreciated the security of the locked doors, but at times it was inconvenient when we had to find a staff member to let us out. Location is great and the place is huge. Breakfast is only bread, jam, and coffee.

There were no private bathrooms, which was absolutely fine, but I didn't realize beforehand. Otherwise it was perfect.

We stayed in the 10bed, single beds, not bunk beds. Does get quite bright in the morning as no curtains but still nice room.Lots of space, lockers and toilet in the room, lots of other showers and toilets available. TV room and other nice seating areas. Nice bar downstairs. Free breakfast, same as most others, bread and jam. Good location, easy to get around. Staff weren't able to help with booking or even prices of buses even though they have a timetable, but that's ok. Overall would recommend.

Great hostel in the heart of old town and only a short walk to the sites. Very helpful information with booking excursions and bus trips. Wicked chill out lounge too!

Cool hostel with a awesome dorm on the top floor.

Granted I was sick so I couldn't enjoy it as much as I would of liked. Except as previous people said, the staff is kind of cold. I asked them a basic question on buses and they weren't really sure. But everything was really clean and thank god the bathrooms were too busy as I was sick LOL. The atmosphere was normal, there is a bar to easily meet people and obviously in your room. There was a salsa night but I was too sick to participate. AWESOME bed and blankets, the best I have experienced.

Very friendly and helpful staff Delicious breakfast. You must try the delicious Swiss muesli and the rosti Great rooms in a beautiful building with the most comfortable bed and warm duvet Perfect location in a stunning city

Perfectly located in the city, this place offers clean rooms, a restaurant/bar and nice atmosphere. The beds were comfy and the shower had hot water. No locker in the room, though. Wifi is fast and stable. Some of the staff is friendly, others seem a bit cold. Security is good but can get a bit complicated at night wenn you have to use the staff to get in and out of the hostel.

Great place. Two downsides when we're there. The lounge/bar closes on Sunday and Monday, which takes away all the atmosphere, and the nice staff! Also, we weren't told til we arrived that they were having a big party in the garden, really loud til about 2am. Would have been nice to have been told first so we could decide if we still wanted to stay.