Hostal de l'Alguer Reviews

Via Parenzo 79 Fertilia, Alghero, Italy

The accomodation was very nice, much better than I expected :) Staff were really kind and help us with everything what we needed, for example how to get to the exactly beach and so on. I really recommend this accomodation and I hope that I will be able to come again.

• 4th Aug 2015
  • Czech Republic

a good surprise was the presence of a quite unknown but nice beach (Punta Negra), at a very close distance

Good hostel if you don't mind the out-of-the-way location. Perfectly average in most regards. There was a weird thing with the way the bathrooms were set up relative to the dorms, where you could accidentally get locked into the bathroom by a roommate, and have to climb out the window. Hostel should probably fix that.

Helpful staff and great location. Recommended.

• 10th Jul 2015

Though outside Alghero, this was our best stay "in" Alghero. Right by a smaller but beautiful beach, Punta Negra (walk 5 min) and bus to airport and Alghero town once every hour, as well as buses to other beaches. Clean facilities and shared fridge, though no kitchen which was the big minus for us. Nice dining room, wifi restricted to the main house. We could lend beach umbrellas which was great, and always helpful people in the reception! Breakfast was a bigger piece of bread w jam and butter.

It would be much better if had facilities. It would also be useful to have a hook for towels in the showers. The readjust could be more than just bread and jam. Andrew was very helpful. The buses are very cheap and regular enough to Alghero.

Great value, good location, friendly staff, great local village. Only issue is no kitchen. Overall excellent value.

Andrew was an excellent host. Would definitely return.

Great location, quiet hostel, staff always available and very friendly. I want to thanks to Mr Gianfranco for letting me take the sun umbrella into the beach Stintino. very kind! I have no words. I felt at home...really!. Really enjoyed as well meet people I met at this hostel, and probably never going to see them again and who were also very kind to me. A very well thank you to them and the best of luck to all. I already miss them. I will never forget them. Stayed between 11th and 16th June.

• 11th Jun 2015
  • Portugal

We had a such good time in our stay in the hostel. Thaks for the kindness, guys!

From the plaza (busstop) No name on street to hostal. I had a good map - so I fixad it............

• 9th May 2015
  • Sweden

Great location, big rooms with an own bathroom, very clean, good staff! We had a great time over there :)

Excellent location, max 15mins by bus from Alghero, in sleeply Fertillia, so it's in a really nlce town - very chilled out. Rooms and beds very nice. Roll and coffee for breakfast. Excellent value for money. Seems to be a lot of people who return yearly.

The hostel is a really nice place, I was in a period that there were not so many people, which was a pity. The hostel is in Fertile, which is a lovely little town close to alghero. Also the beach is very close.

Overall good experience, but you wouldn't want to hang out more than necessary. Clean, inexpensive, & helpful staff. Bedding & towels provided. Breakfast is a large piece of bread with butter & jam, orange juice, & coffee. Advertised as a youth hostel, but average age of guests was more like 55. May have been because April is the off season. Wifi only available in common area. Actually located in Fertilia, an hour-long walk from Alghero. Buses don't run that late & taxis are extremely expensive.

• 16th Apr 2015

It's a very small, easy and simpel hostel, you have everything what you need, so absolutely valuable for the price

Everything baout the Hostel was grest. However we were unaware beforehand that the wifi was only offered in the lobby and common area (not in the rooms). Breakfast was coffee and bread with butter and jam.

• 6th Apr 2015

Great location and landscape. Just one receptionist gave us wrong information twice. Other staff members were friendly and helpful.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Croatia

I was very satisfied. Good staff, clean rooms and very good breakfast.

• 17th Mar 2015