Hostel 1110 Reviews

Ave. 14 St. 11 #1110, 500 mts. East from clinica Biblica Right hand yell, San Jose, Costa Rica

A very pleasant place to stay in San Jose, both times I stayed it was not busy and quite quiet, but this suited me fine. The hostel itself is very nice, almost feels like more of a guest house, the kitchen is well equipped and there is a dining table and covered courtyard area with more tables and chairs. The dorm was basic but airy. There is WiFi and one computer. The breakfast was reasonable. It's a little outside the San José downtown area but very close to the Tracopa bus terminal.

Not the greatest area, unless you are going to the buaa station to go to Panama. It was my case and that's why I picked this hostel. Older house, but very nice. I was there for a bit more than 12 hours, but slept well and was well advised by the staffer. He suggested a cheap place for me to get food at night and gave me the best directions to reach the station without problems. He even got up earlier in the morning to make sure I could have my breakfast, before normal breakfast time.

Worth your money

We loved this hostel. The staff really make it! Lovely chilled atmosphere. We will be returning.

This hostel was great - right close to the bus station going south to the Envision festival (Uvita) so we only had to walk 5 minutes to catch the 6:00am bus - a godsend! When about ten extra people showed up hoping for a room, they weren't turned away - the staff went and found spare mattresses for everyone so no one had to sleep on the street, and it made the whole hostel into a really fun sleepover! Definitely recommend. Also has a kitchen and hot shower!

It was okay. Nothing special. Reaalllllly far from the Bus Terminals.

• 16th Feb 2015

Very nice and hepful staff, but located in a shady area and with old facilites which were quite dirty

• 9th Jan 2015