Hostel 1110 Reviews

Ave. 14 St. 11 #1110, 500 mts. East from clinica Biblica Right hand yell, San Jose, Costa Rica

First off, BED BUG INFESTATION. Second, our taxi driver could not find the hostel because it was so far from the airport and center of San Jose. Would not recommend this hostel to anyone. The staff was cold and unhelpful, there is one tiny and smelly bathroom, and the whole place resembles a dark cave. Our one-night-stay was a horrible experience.

• 3rd Dec 2013

The ratings shown for this hotel don't seem to reflect the comments given by previous customers. It wasn't a great experience. I'd booked for four nights. My pre-booked transport from the airport never arrived, and whilst a taxi is easy enough to sort out, the reason for pre-booking transport is to remove one little piece of potential stress. The room wasn't very clean and smelled of wet towels and the hostel as a whole was very noisy. Loud TV on all day and into the night. Was bearable, just.

I would definitely recommend this hostel. The location is great! From the moment I walked in, I encountered a nice environment with nice people and friendly staff . I felt at home!

• 27th Nov 2013

Stayed in the 4 bed dorm just on the left when you enter-opposite the reception. Had booked ensuite female dorm but this room had no ensuite and it was quite noisy as its at the front of the building. The 12bed dorm is at the back... probably quieter? There were only a few guests when I was there and only 1 shower and 1 toilet that I could see. Who knows what happens when its a full house. Also they were spraying for bugs when I was there (2 weeks ago) which was both reassuring and worrying!