Hostel 1110 Reviews

Ave. 14 St. 11 #1110, 500 mts. East from clinica Biblica Right hand yell, San Jose, Costa Rica

I was disappointed that the washing machine is broken. The wifi was weak sometimes. The building is cool. Breakfast is great. The staff are helpful.

Staff was very helpful, room (dormitorio) was comfortable, breakfast was tasty, other guests were fun to talk to. I recommend Hostel 1110 for a budget traveler, esp a woman traveling.

No laundromat's in San Jose, so to hear the washing machine was broken was a real pain in the arse. Late night staff were up drinking till 4am at least & right outside my room with music going. So all in all, I wasn't a massive fan of my one night stay!

A very pleasant place to stay in San Jose, both times I stayed it was not busy and quite quiet, but this suited me fine. The hostel itself is very nice, almost feels like more of a guest house, the kitchen is well equipped and there is a dining table and covered courtyard area with more tables and chairs. The dorm was basic but airy. There is WiFi and one computer. The breakfast was reasonable. It's a little outside the San José downtown area but very close to the Tracopa bus terminal.

Not the greatest area, unless you are going to the buaa station to go to Panama. It was my case and that's why I picked this hostel. Older house, but very nice. I was there for a bit more than 12 hours, but slept well and was well advised by the staffer. He suggested a cheap place for me to get food at night and gave me the best directions to reach the station without problems. He even got up earlier in the morning to make sure I could have my breakfast, before normal breakfast time.

Worth your money

We loved this hostel. The staff really make it! Lovely chilled atmosphere. We will be returning.