Hostel 1110 Reviews

Ave. 14 St. 11 #1110, 500 mts. East from clinica Biblica Right hand yell, San Jose, Costa Rica

I was disappointed that the washing machine is broken. The wifi was weak sometimes. The building is cool. Breakfast is great. The staff are helpful.

Staff was very helpful, room (dormitorio) was comfortable, breakfast was tasty, other guests were fun to talk to. I recommend Hostel 1110 for a budget traveler, esp a woman traveling.

No laundromat's in San Jose, so to hear the washing machine was broken was a real pain in the arse. Late night staff were up drinking till 4am at least & right outside my room with music going. So all in all, I wasn't a massive fan of my one night stay!

A very pleasant place to stay in San Jose, both times I stayed it was not busy and quite quiet, but this suited me fine. The hostel itself is very nice, almost feels like more of a guest house, the kitchen is well equipped and there is a dining table and covered courtyard area with more tables and chairs. The dorm was basic but airy. There is WiFi and one computer. The breakfast was reasonable. It's a little outside the San José downtown area but very close to the Tracopa bus terminal.

Not the greatest area, unless you are going to the buaa station to go to Panama. It was my case and that's why I picked this hostel. Older house, but very nice. I was there for a bit more than 12 hours, but slept well and was well advised by the staffer. He suggested a cheap place for me to get food at night and gave me the best directions to reach the station without problems. He even got up earlier in the morning to make sure I could have my breakfast, before normal breakfast time.

Worth your money

We loved this hostel. The staff really make it! Lovely chilled atmosphere. We will be returning.

This hostel was great - right close to the bus station going south to the Envision festival (Uvita) so we only had to walk 5 minutes to catch the 6:00am bus - a godsend! When about ten extra people showed up hoping for a room, they weren't turned away - the staff went and found spare mattresses for everyone so no one had to sleep on the street, and it made the whole hostel into a really fun sleepover! Definitely recommend. Also has a kitchen and hot shower!

It was okay. Nothing special. Reaalllllly far from the Bus Terminals.

• 16th Feb 2015

Very nice and hepful staff, but located in a shady area and with old facilites which were quite dirty

• 9th Jan 2015

Really nice Hostel, the staff was very helpful. Is close to bus stations, rooms are nice and common areas relaxing. Nearby is a cheap supermarket and you can use the kitchen to cook. I recommend this hostel!

• 11th Nov 2014
  • Costa Rica

1110 ruins decent breakfast cooking eggs in margarine. which is absolutely gross covers the eggs in a dark yellow goo. while i was there, the police shut down the corner and caught a criminal right outside the hostels kitchen window, and they could use power cords to enable travelers to charge a device in the common areas, and sit and use it at the same time, they could easily alter the curb appeal replacing haphard looking bamboo for the front courtyard and make the space better. staff was nice

• 19th Aug 2014

I liked this hostel but it does kind of feel like it's given up and is just waiting to die. One of the staff was really friendly and helpful. It's within walking distance of the Tracopa terminal and museums, but the area is a bit sketchy at night. The shared areas are great, spacious and social. Strangely, my bed had wood worms which is a first! (But was otherwise comfortable.)

Our taxi driver could not find the hostel because it was so far from the airport and center of San Jose. Would not recommend this hostel to anyone. The staff was cold and unhelpful, there is one tiny and smelly bathroom, and the whole place resembles a dark cave. Our one-night-stay was a horrible experience.

• 3rd Dec 2013

The ratings shown for this hotel don't seem to reflect the comments given by previous customers. It wasn't a great experience. I'd booked for four nights. My pre-booked transport from the airport never arrived, and whilst a taxi is easy enough to sort out, the reason for pre-booking transport is to remove one little piece of potential stress. The room wasn't very clean and smelled of wet towels and the hostel as a whole was very noisy. Loud TV on all day and into the night. Was bearable, just.

I would definitely recommend this hostel. The location is great! From the moment I walked in, I encountered a nice environment with nice people and friendly staff . I felt at home!

• 27th Nov 2013

Stayed in the 4 bed dorm just on the left when you enter-opposite the reception. Had booked ensuite female dorm but this room had no ensuite and it was quite noisy as its at the front of the building. The 12bed dorm is at the back... probably quieter? There were only a few guests when I was there and only 1 shower and 1 toilet that I could see. Who knows what happens when its a full house. Also they were spraying for bugs when I was there (2 weeks ago) which was both reassuring and worrying!

Hostel 1110 was an amazing stay. It was by far the cleanliness hostel I have ever stayed at and the entire staff is extremely helpful and makes sure you feel at home, the location is very good, restaurants within in 5 minutes walking and the area is very safe and clean and has everything you need with just a short 5 minute walk to downtown. I will be back and highly recommend everyone

• 6th Jul 2013
  • Costa Rica

easy walking to everything .... great frendly staff ....

• 24th Mar 2013
  • All Male Group, 41+

Kitchen cluttered,not clean Staff helpful though Email response to queries excellent

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4