Hostel 1110 Reviews

Ave. 14 St. 11 #1110, 500 mts. East from clinica Biblica Right hand yell, San Jose, Costa Rica

First off, BED BUG INFESTATION. Second, our taxi driver could not find the hostel because it was so far from the airport and center of San Jose. Would not recommend this hostel to anyone. The staff was cold and unhelpful, there is one tiny and smelly bathroom, and the whole place resembles a dark cave. Our one-night-stay was a horrible experience.

• 3rd Dec 2013

The ratings shown for this hotel don't seem to reflect the comments given by previous customers. It wasn't a great experience. I'd booked for four nights. My pre-booked transport from the airport never arrived, and whilst a taxi is easy enough to sort out, the reason for pre-booking transport is to remove one little piece of potential stress. The room wasn't very clean and smelled of wet towels and the hostel as a whole was very noisy. Loud TV on all day and into the night. Was bearable, just.

I would definitely recommend this hostel. The location is great! From the moment I walked in, I encountered a nice environment with nice people and friendly staff . I felt at home!

• 27th Nov 2013

Stayed in the 4 bed dorm just on the left when you enter-opposite the reception. Had booked ensuite female dorm but this room had no ensuite and it was quite noisy as its at the front of the building. The 12bed dorm is at the back... probably quieter? There were only a few guests when I was there and only 1 shower and 1 toilet that I could see. Who knows what happens when its a full house. Also they were spraying for bugs when I was there (2 weeks ago) which was both reassuring and worrying!

Hostel 1110 was an amazing stay. It was by far the cleanliness hostel I have ever stayed at and the entire staff is extremely helpful and makes sure you feel at home, the location is very good, restaurants within in 5 minutes walking and the area is very safe and clean and has everything you need with just a short 5 minute walk to downtown. I will be back and highly recommend everyone

• 6th Jul 2013
  • Costa Rica

easy walking to everything .... great frendly staff ....

• 24th Mar 2013
  • All Male Group, 41+

Kitchen cluttered,not clean Staff helpful though Email response to queries excellent

The Hostel was within a 10 lovely 1 minute walk from Avenida Central (the central part of San Jose). The staff are incredibly friendly, helpful and offer some great tours to do which collect you from the hostel. The room we stayed in was the first room on the left and was a standard 6-bed shared room. For the money we paid, it was good value. The room is very basic but has a shared bathroom that is cleaned everyday.

The breakfast consists of white bread and jam. There is one bathroom/shower for all clientele. The front gate was left unlocked without anyone watching. The walls are paper thin and you can hear EVERYTHING from the room next door.

My friend and I only needed a place to sleep for one night, so I wasn't expecting much. It was pretty bare bones which was fine for our needs this particular stay, but I would not stay here again.

• 23rd Aug 2012

Loved staying here. Great experience for a great price. close to a bank and food, and the people are wonderful!

• 13th Aug 2012

The best ownership and staff I met while in Central America. While there isn't much to do in San Jose, these guys are close to the few places you will really want to go, before exploring other towns and regions.Comfortable beds, clean area, hot water that is actually hot, friendly people and an atmosphere that encourages you to enjoy your fellow travelers..what else could you want?

The staff was excellent and very accomdating. Extremely nice and gave us great advice and directions everywhere. I would definetely return if I find myself in San Jose again.

• 19th May 2012

Great staff, nice attempted character. Rooms were decent, but the bathrooms smelled horrible. We did not even attempt to shower because it was ice cold. Breakfast was white toast, butter and jam with coffee. There is a locked front gate that staff control, which was nice. Very noisy because of the thin walls, so bring earplugs if you have trouble sleeping when it's loud..

This is a great hostel which I couldn{t recomend more. It is in a beautiful building with great character and personality. Really close to the center of the city. Inside there is everything you need and lots more. the staff did so much to see that we had a great and safe time. All in all it was a perfect experience, I will be returning.

• 28th Feb 2012
  • Costa Rica

The staff were very helpful, but I would never book at this hostel again. The dorm was noisy and cramped, far more so than other hostels. The breakfast was laughable: two pieces of sliced bread with jam. The coffee was good.

bad: the garbage from the toilett was not clean, I stay there from saturday, the garbage was nearly full and an sunday it was over-full, that was disgusting. the breakfast was very little, only 2 toast, butter, jelly and coffee

• 14th Jan 2012
  • Switzerland

Aunque el hotel se queda un poquito lejos de centro,el hostal te ayuda mucho a planear su viaje en Costa Rica,es un hostal recomendable

• 21st Sep 2011
  • Taiwan

Sadly we didn't discover this place until our last day. It was amazingly clean, affordable, big rooms, clean, has a nice indoor courtyard, clean. Its also much cleaner than any hostel/hotel that I've stayed at on most of my travels around Costa Rica. Its not in the best neighborhood, but its so close to downtown that it doesn't really matter anyway. It was one of the few places that felt very safe while still feeling sunny, bright, and breezy in the open spaces. Wonderful choice. This place would be my only

Friendly and helpful staff, big spacious rooms, good kitchen area. Two tv areas with cable tv, and is only about ten minutes easy/safe walk from the centre of town, and is also very close to a supermarket, so is a good place to spend a few lazy days before your flight.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4