Hostel 1110 Reviews

Ave. 14 St. 11 #1110, 500 mts. East from clinica Biblica Right hand yell, San Jose, Costa Rica

We loved this hostel. The staff really make it! Lovely chilled atmosphere. We will be returning.

This hostel was great - right close to the bus station going south to the Envision festival (Uvita) so we only had to walk 5 minutes to catch the 6:00am bus - a godsend! When about ten extra people showed up hoping for a room, they weren't turned away - the staff went and found spare mattresses for everyone so no one had to sleep on the street, and it made the whole hostel into a really fun sleepover! Definitely recommend. Also has a kitchen and hot shower!

It was okay. Nothing special. Reaalllllly far from the Bus Terminals.

• 16th Feb 2015

Very nice and hepful staff, but located in a shady area and with old facilites which were quite dirty

• 9th Jan 2015

Really nice Hostel, the staff was very helpful. Is close to bus stations, rooms are nice and common areas relaxing. Nearby is a cheap supermarket and you can use the kitchen to cook. I recommend this hostel!

• 11th Nov 2014
  • Costa Rica

1110 ruins decent breakfast cooking eggs in margarine. which is absolutely gross covers the eggs in a dark yellow goo. while i was there, the police shut down the corner and caught a criminal right outside the hostels kitchen window, and they could use power cords to enable travelers to charge a device in the common areas, and sit and use it at the same time, they could easily alter the curb appeal replacing haphard looking bamboo for the front courtyard and make the space better. staff was nice

• 19th Aug 2014

I liked this hostel but it does kind of feel like it's given up and is just waiting to die. One of the staff was really friendly and helpful. It's within walking distance of the Tracopa terminal and museums, but the area is a bit sketchy at night. The shared areas are great, spacious and social. Strangely, my bed had wood worms which is a first! (But was otherwise comfortable.)

Our taxi driver could not find the hostel because it was so far from the airport and center of San Jose. Would not recommend this hostel to anyone. The staff was cold and unhelpful, there is one tiny and smelly bathroom, and the whole place resembles a dark cave. Our one-night-stay was a horrible experience.

• 3rd Dec 2013

The ratings shown for this hotel don't seem to reflect the comments given by previous customers. It wasn't a great experience. I'd booked for four nights. My pre-booked transport from the airport never arrived, and whilst a taxi is easy enough to sort out, the reason for pre-booking transport is to remove one little piece of potential stress. The room wasn't very clean and smelled of wet towels and the hostel as a whole was very noisy. Loud TV on all day and into the night. Was bearable, just.

I would definitely recommend this hostel. The location is great! From the moment I walked in, I encountered a nice environment with nice people and friendly staff . I felt at home!

• 27th Nov 2013

Stayed in the 4 bed dorm just on the left when you enter-opposite the reception. Had booked ensuite female dorm but this room had no ensuite and it was quite noisy as its at the front of the building. The 12bed dorm is at the back... probably quieter? There were only a few guests when I was there and only 1 shower and 1 toilet that I could see. Who knows what happens when its a full house. Also they were spraying for bugs when I was there (2 weeks ago) which was both reassuring and worrying!

Hostel 1110 was an amazing stay. It was by far the cleanliness hostel I have ever stayed at and the entire staff is extremely helpful and makes sure you feel at home, the location is very good, restaurants within in 5 minutes walking and the area is very safe and clean and has everything you need with just a short 5 minute walk to downtown. I will be back and highly recommend everyone

• 6th Jul 2013
  • Costa Rica

easy walking to everything .... great frendly staff ....

• 24th Mar 2013
  • All Male Group, 41+

Kitchen cluttered,not clean Staff helpful though Email response to queries excellent

The Hostel was within a 10 lovely 1 minute walk from Avenida Central (the central part of San Jose). The staff are incredibly friendly, helpful and offer some great tours to do which collect you from the hostel. The room we stayed in was the first room on the left and was a standard 6-bed shared room. For the money we paid, it was good value. The room is very basic but has a shared bathroom that is cleaned everyday.

The breakfast consists of white bread and jam. There is one bathroom/shower for all clientele. The front gate was left unlocked without anyone watching. The walls are paper thin and you can hear EVERYTHING from the room next door.

My friend and I only needed a place to sleep for one night, so I wasn't expecting much. It was pretty bare bones which was fine for our needs this particular stay, but I would not stay here again.

• 23rd Aug 2012

Loved staying here. Great experience for a great price. close to a bank and food, and the people are wonderful!

• 13th Aug 2012

The best ownership and staff I met while in Central America. While there isn't much to do in San Jose, these guys are close to the few places you will really want to go, before exploring other towns and regions.Comfortable beds, clean area, hot water that is actually hot, friendly people and an atmosphere that encourages you to enjoy your fellow travelers..what else could you want?

The staff was excellent and very accomdating. Extremely nice and gave us great advice and directions everywhere. I would definetely return if I find myself in San Jose again.

• 19th May 2012