Hostel 170 Reviews

170 Kings Cross Road, London, England

I went to london last weekend and I booked this hostel for one night. I could not even stay at the hotel for one night. The place is dirty, and not welcoming at all. The room is dirty, smells bad, the sheets are not clean. I did not have any high expectations when I booked this hostel but I have several times booked hostel with hostelworld and espacially in Asia and I have always had good experience and found nice place. This one in London is not good at all and should not be referenced .

This hostel had unclean toilet areas, one shower that was on the 3rd level, and there was no kitchen facilities or place to eat inside the hostel. I didn't see anyone else the time we were there except one person on reception. We had to pay in cash and the rooms were very basic. The location wasn't bad but otherwise its not good value for money.

It was the most disgusting hostel I have ever been to. We only stayed one night and then moved out - and this one night we just stayed because it was late at night. The toilet smelled horribly, the shared bathroom was not to be found, the room was full of mould! Never again, and I want my money back!

• 13th Dec 2013

The worst place I ever been :(

• 12th Dec 2013
  • Poland

The property was in a good location. However, the room smelt of urine and was very dirty. The room was so cold i couldnt sleep and the noise from the kitchen facilities kept me up the night before an important interview. The beds were badly made and were incredibly uncomftable. Despite having booked my own private room, people kept trying to open my door with other keys to the point I had to keep my own key in the lock from the inside to stop people coming in unexpectedly. AWAFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4th Dec 2013

I don't think this hostel is legal. No working showers, water flooding, no working toilets (sh*t coming out, an horror movie was less scarier) dirty rooms, I worked all around the world and this is the MOST DISGUSTING OVERPRICED PLACE EVER. Just don't go.

• 26th Nov 2013

Beds are unconfortable, toilet are dirty (only one at our level), no water in the rooms, no shower at all level, we had to go to others rooms to take showers. No breakfast, no towels, no internet, we had a lot furnitures in our rooms so that we couldn't really move in the room.

Worse place I have ever been, no hot water, incomplete information when I booked it and we need to go up four floors for the shower which did not work.

• 9th Nov 2013
  • Spain

I highly recommend you to pay bit more for an other accommodation where you can find the basic needs (hot water,shower,toilet,clean room) It was hard to find hot water (had to wake up at 6 am to manage it). First day we couldn't shower. The room was cold (the wind blowed by the windows).The whole team had a serious cold after the end of 4th day. The toilet was ugly (practically inapropriate for everything) and only one operated (for about 20 guests) and no hot water in the surrounding.

• 24th Oct 2013
  • Hungary

There was not hot water and the general cleanliness was criminal. I'm pretty sure this hostel violates several safety laws.

• 16th Oct 2013