Hostel 170 Reviews

170 Kings Cross Road, London, England

I went to london last weekend and I booked this hostel for one night. I could not even stay at the hotel for one night. The place is dirty, and not welcoming at all. The room is dirty, smells bad, the sheets are not clean. I did not have any high expectations when I booked this hostel but I have several times booked hostel with hostelworld and espacially in Asia and I have always had good experience and found nice place. This one in London is not good at all and should not be referenced .

This hostel had unclean toilet areas, one shower that was on the 3rd level, and there was no kitchen facilities or place to eat inside the hostel. I didn't see anyone else the time we were there except one person on reception. We had to pay in cash and the rooms were very basic. The location wasn't bad but otherwise its not good value for money.

It was the most disgusting hostel I have ever been to. We only stayed one night and then moved out - and this one night we just stayed because it was late at night. The toilet smelled horribly, the shared bathroom was not to be found, the room was full of mould! Never again, and I want my money back!

• 13th Dec 2013

The worst place I ever been :(

• 12th Dec 2013
  • Poland

The property was in a good location. However, the room smelt of urine and was very dirty. The room was so cold i couldnt sleep and the noise from the kitchen facilities kept me up the night before an important interview. The beds were badly made and were incredibly uncomftable. Despite having booked my own private room, people kept trying to open my door with other keys to the point I had to keep my own key in the lock from the inside to stop people coming in unexpectedly. AWAFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4th Dec 2013

I don't think this hostel is legal. No working showers, water flooding, no working toilets (sh*t coming out, an horror movie was less scarier) dirty rooms, I worked all around the world and this is the MOST DISGUSTING OVERPRICED PLACE EVER. Just don't go.

• 26th Nov 2013

Beds are unconfortable, toilet are dirty (only one at our level), no water in the rooms, no shower at all level, we had to go to others rooms to take showers. No breakfast, no towels, no internet, we had a lot furnitures in our rooms so that we couldn't really move in the room.

Worse place I have ever been, no hot water, incomplete information when I booked it and we need to go up four floors for the shower which did not work.

• 9th Nov 2013
  • Spain

I highly recommend you to pay bit more for an other accommodation where you can find the basic needs (hot water,shower,toilet,clean room) It was hard to find hot water (had to wake up at 6 am to manage it). First day we couldn't shower. The room was cold (the wind blowed by the windows).The whole team had a serious cold after the end of 4th day. The toilet was ugly (practically inapropriate for everything) and only one operated (for about 20 guests) and no hot water in the surrounding.

• 24th Oct 2013
  • Hungary

There was not hot water and the general cleanliness was criminal. I'm pretty sure this hostel violates several safety laws.

• 16th Oct 2013

This was an incredibly cheap place to stay £30 for a twin room per night. room itself was great - wardrobes and even a fridge. room was clean and reasonably comfortable bunk beds. However, the property lacked a very, basic facility - a useable toilet! Fortunately me and my husband were only staying one night so we made a note to go to the toilet at nearby bars as necessary once we realised the situation, but would be problematic for longer. Please sort out the plumbing asap! Fire alarm went off

• 28th Sep 2013
  • Wales

there is no hot water,no light before 5pm and the place is sooooooooooooooooooooo noisy at midnight,i wont go there again!!!!it is the worst place i had ever experienced

• 23rd Sep 2013
  • China

Really helpful staff given that I missed my train and book the room via the app at about 23:00. Just need better signs bit hard to find unless you have absolute faith in google maps.

This is by far the worst hostel i've stayed in. My room was next to a busy street and you could not close the window so it was very noisy and cold (it was raining that night). You could also see that it hasn't been clean in a couple of days. The bathroom was terrible, dark and dirty. There was only one shower at the last floor and it didn't have hot water. Plus, there were some construction going on so they would cut the water supply without notice. Really bad experience.

• 11th Sep 2013
  • Chile

Hostel 170 is good for those travelling on a budget as it is inexpensive, especially when compared to other hostels in the area. The hostel was undergoing extensive reservations during our stay so there was construction dust, smells, noise etc. However our room was modern and comfortable (apart from the squeaky bunk beds) we had out own small ensuite with a shower (inc. hot water) and toilet (although there was no toilet brush and there was evidence the cleaner had not brushed the toilet).

Disgusting, scary, felt very unsafe, no internet, shower/bathroom facilities barely worked. I ended up leaving and staying at another hostel as I did not feel safe here particularly being a female travelling solo. I do not recommend it one bit

• 16th Jul 2013

1 shower and 1 toilet for whole hostel! Very old and not maintained was cleaned but still felt a bit gross! Price for location is ok! Main reason for staying was not the price but just the fact it was avaibable! Very very much last resort! Not hot water one arvo guy on duty said he could not do anything next morning lady didn't know about problem but fixed it with the flick of a switch!!

• 29th Jun 2013

This is the worst hostel I have ever stayed in, in my life!Room and whole hotel was very dirty, noisy and smelly. The toilet was horribly disgusting! The wash basin and the fridge didn't work at all.

• 22nd Jun 2013
  • Latvia

We booked for a room with 4 beds but we were arranged in a room with 6 beds and the extra beds were fully occupied ! The people in charge told us that the girls only stayed for a night. we were there for 5 nights. but every night, the beds were occupied. The toilet is in underground and there is only one bathroom. The environment is dirty and scary. The plugs in the room were broken. The location is not very near ( as described on the web) to king cross station. I regret to choose this hostel.

• 21st Jun 2013
  • Malaysia

It was a sty, I don't recomend this place. I've never been in a place like this.

• 15th Jun 2013