Hostel 24 Reviews

Poljanska cesta 15, Ljubljana, Slovenia

Really enjoyable stay, staff were friendly and helpful. Our private room was very large and just what we were looking for. Only small issue was a leaky shower head which meant reduced water pressure.

• 8th Oct 2015

The wifi is not working very well and the drainage in the shower gets blocked really easily.

The good - upgraded from 6 to 4 bed dorm; 4 beds are split 2 and 2 in separate adjoining rooms; good proximity to river and Old Town; front desk woman was always helpful. The bad - wifi only available in common room, password wifi in dorms and no code given/known; rooms are airless and roommates monopolized the sole fan; shower temp changes from cold to hot very slowly and hot to cold very quickly, making showering nearly impossible. Bakery closed on weekends. The brilliant - the back door.

Good hostel. We slept in and they were cool with a late check out. Very central and staff were great

At 11:00pm, we were kicked out of the common area so the staff could close it. My room was in the basement where there was no window, very few outlets, and a weak wifi signal if anything. It basically was a curfew, or bedtime...

Thank you for your review, I would just point out that the reception does close at night like many others, but upon arrival you receive a key for the back door which is accessible 24/7, and the person checking you in, shows you the entrance. Regarding the Wifi, We are just in the process of changing the operator so It will be up and running normally in no time! Thanks again for staying with us:)

Lovely location (anywhere in Ljubljana is good anyway) Staff (especially one with dark hair and maybe late 20s/early 30s - she was lovely) Free laundry services (which was lovely) however dryer was not working at the time I was there A few downsides is 1) the room I stayed in had NO windows which wasn't great 2) Wifi wasn't too great in my room 3) kitchen a bit small However despite these 3 little things I still enjoyed staying there and would most likely stay again given value for money

Hostel was a mess with the booking. Said it didn't have the rooms I had booked, so I had to book elsewhere. On the day they said they had to rooms again, so I have lost deposit. Very unorganised staff.

I don t know why but housekeeper took my shorts and t-shirt and then she lost it. Thank you.

Thank you for the review! Always apreciate feedback, although your things were not lost/taken by the cleaning lady, everything that is on the beds indicates that you are staying there so it is not possible. To state again, the staff never took your things. If you forgot something we would have it in the lost and found but nothing stayed behind. Thank you!

What an amazing stay at this Hostel. The location is brilliant, pretty much a directly walk to and from the train station, and just a few minutes away from the city centre. The hostel itself was basic, but at the cheap price it was that wasn't a surprise. The laundry was free, a surprise for a hostel and the bakery on site was a lovely extra!

Great staff and great WIFI and wonderful location. of the two hostels we stayed in in Ljubljana this was by far our favourite

We only stayed here a night, but the location here is perfect - well within walking distance to explore this beautiful city.

Hostel 24 is a really great hostel in terms of location, facilities, size etc. it's a stones throw away from the dragon bridge and the centre! There was just a lack of atmosphere though, and we were in a basement room (although clean etc) was a little depressing. Good place to stay for convenience and quiet time, not for atmosphere ... But that could have been down to our room.

I got a 16 beds which is the underground room. The room doesn't has window or a/c. Only a small fan. It'll be great if we could get a personal lights as there is no natural lights and the only light sources is the room light, which cause me some trouble to pack my stuff during night time. And also the wifi in the room is barely working. But if it's in the lobby is fine.

The staff were really friendly and even shared their watermellon with us :) The room itself was very cramped and the layout was slightly strange with there being no door that seperates the bathroom from the bedroom. The kitchen was also very small but it was adequate. The location was good with everything within walking distance .

Don't stay in the large dorm, you feel like you're in a bomb shelter underground with a dozen other backpacker comrades. Spend the extra few euro to stay in a nicer room or even hostel. Ljubljana is fantastic though so you won't spend much time in the hostel. Good value but you get what you pay for, fine if staying only 1 night like us

My stay in hostel 24 was good. The hostel staff was great! She gave us a lot of information and was very friendly. There was not really a place to meet fellow travellers, the dryer was broken and the room was packed full of beds. The night entrance is the back was quite handy. The city of Ljubljana is amazing!!

Mixed feelings about this hostel: + Great initial welcome from staff, very positive, friendly and informative + Very good location, neatly tucked away but still less than 5 minutes' walk from the Old Town center + Food and drink on offer - Stayed in a double room which turned out to be very small - Some staff were not very welcoming or approachable - Hostel seemed quite expensive for what was available The hostel was okay, might be better to look around before booking here.

Only a little way from the centre. The wi fi is reasonable - the staff say there is no password but the downstairs network is separate and the password is LJUBLJANA. Slept really well here.

Many negatives to this hostel - To expect 4 people to stay in the room size we were given was unacceptable. It was so tiny with very poor facilities. Just seemed like it had been sized in to make another room. Poor shower facility, poor wifi & no air conditioning. Location was fine but any location would be fine in Ljubljana due to its size.

Very friendly reception staff. I stayed in an unusual single room downstairs. Room was very clean with lots of practical shelving and hooks to hang things up. Hostel was quiet at night. Great location, just 5 minutes walk from Dragon Bridge.

• 18th Jul 2015