Hostel 24 Reviews

Poljanska cesta 15, Ljubljana, Slovenia

Fantastic hostel - very comfortable and nice shower. Very helpful reception with cheap and efficient shuttle to and from airport. Would definitely stay again.

• 26th Jan 2016

Nice place and people

overall, its a nice place with great location. Because the place is very small, you can hear many of the guests' chatter from the hallway. Fastastic welcome drink!

Great hostel, very clean, we even had heated floor in our room which was amazing. Great staff too, very friendly and welcoming, always ready to offer some rakija to warm up a bit!

• 18th Dec 2015
  • Croatia

This hostel it is the worst hostel i have ever been. We didn´t have water, we were sleeping in the basement, the room was so noisy, a terrible noise from the bathroom didn't let us sleep in the whole night, and the personal didn´t care about anything. Moreover, we had to pay an extra tax for being foreigns Really bad experience. Take your money and look for another hostel!!

• 5th Dec 2015
  • Spain

Im sorry to hear about your terrible experience! It is clearly stated in the room description that the room is a 12 dorm in the basement also that tourist tax is not included in the price. Regarding the noise, the bathroom has a fan you could have easily turned off. If you had said anything to the staff we would look on to your issues with your room, but no complaints were made at the time you were our guests. Again, we are very sorry you had such an unpleasant stay!

The worst part of the hostel is that most of the dorms are located in the basement. There are no windows, so it's always dark. The bathrooms were fine and the place seemed clean enough, but because of the lack of light, everyone kept odd hours. One guy would be playing games on his laptop until 4am and then sleep til the afternoon. I changed hostels (to vila veselova) after a few days. There are much better hostels for the money.

There was no hot water in the bathroom and pressure for cold water was also weak. When inquired on reception to use another bathroom to have a shower, response was that all bathrooms are busy as guests are taking shower and that we must wait 20 minutes for them to stop showering in order for pressure to come back. When hot water finally came in the middle of having shower it disappeared again and only cold water was running. Not a pleasant thing at winter time. Don't take room number 1.

Hello! Im sorry about the water experience. We fixed the problem with the water and heating now. We are always trying to make it as comfortable for everyone but this was a short period we had trouble and it wasnt easy to solve it quickly. We apologize and hope you had a nice time in Ljubljana!

Honestly, this Hostel could be great if there was an area to Socialize. Possibly turning one of their many rooms into a social room with a large table for sociable games could be an idea to boost up the ideal Hostel image.

Average hostel with a good location that is alright for a couple of nights stay in Ljubljana. I personally had two major problems- The keys given to me by the receptionist for the back door were wrong. (After 11pm, they close the reception area; so one has to enter through the backdoor). Due to this I had to wait outside the hostel for a good half an hour in the cold at 5am till some other people arrived and could open the backdoor. And second problem- the shower in my 6-people dorm was leaking

very good hostel with all the good perks and no extra frills. walking distance to everything but then again it's Ljubljana. rooms and bathrooms were clean and had no issues with the staff and facilites. would recommend

Dangerous. Several rooms in the basement opening onto the kitchen with no windows or easy exit. It would be a disaster in a fire. The main common room and reception are locked at 11. Only exit is up two flights of stairs and around a corner to outside door. I hate to imagine 22 people trying to get out in the dark. I did not see any sprinklers or alarms. Nevertheless my roommates were nice and I slept fine. Bathroom in room.

Really enjoyable stay, staff were friendly and helpful. Our private room was very large and just what we were looking for. Only small issue was a leaky shower head which meant reduced water pressure.

The wifi is not working very well and the drainage in the shower gets blocked really easily.

Perfect location (close to the bus station, city center, supermarkets)!

The good - upgraded from 6 to 4 bed dorm; 4 beds are split 2 and 2 in separate adjoining rooms; good proximity to river and Old Town; front desk woman was always helpful. The bad - wifi only available in common room, password wifi in dorms and no code given/known; rooms are airless and roommates monopolized the sole fan; shower temp changes from cold to hot very slowly and hot to cold very quickly, making showering nearly impossible. Bakery closed on weekends. The brilliant - the back door.

Good hostel. We slept in and they were cool with a late check out. Very central and staff were great

At 11:00pm, we were kicked out of the common area so the staff could close it. My room was in the basement where there was no window, very few outlets, and a weak wifi signal if anything. It basically was a curfew, or bedtime...

Thank you for your review, I would just point out that the reception does close at night like many others, but upon arrival you receive a key for the back door which is accessible 24/7, and the person checking you in, shows you the entrance. Regarding the Wifi, We are just in the process of changing the operator so It will be up and running normally in no time! Thanks again for staying with us:)

Lovely location (anywhere in Ljubljana is good anyway) Staff (especially one with dark hair and maybe late 20s/early 30s - she was lovely) Free laundry services (which was lovely) however dryer was not working at the time I was there A few downsides is 1) the room I stayed in had NO windows which wasn't great 2) Wifi wasn't too great in my room 3) kitchen a bit small However despite these 3 little things I still enjoyed staying there and would most likely stay again given value for money

Hostel was a mess with the booking. Said it didn't have the rooms I had booked, so I had to book elsewhere. On the day they said they had to rooms again, so I have lost deposit. Very unorganised staff.

I don t know why but housekeeper took my shorts and t-shirt and then she lost it. Thank you.

Thank you for the review! Always apreciate feedback, although your things were not lost/taken by the cleaning lady, everything that is on the beds indicates that you are staying there so it is not possible. To state again, the staff never took your things. If you forgot something we would have it in the lost and found but nothing stayed behind. Thank you!