Hostel 2962-Garmisch Reviews

Partnachauenstra�e 3, D - 82467 Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany

When I went there was no one else staying so it wasn't really fun

The rudeness staff I have ever met, both the staff there is not helpful and just do not want to answer questions. The shower is hot enough but the weephole is a disaster, water flooded in the toilet.

The internet can be used only by one person at a time. Impossible to comprehend in todays day and age

• 24th Dec 2014
  • India

Staff not professional. The wifi not work and the staff said she don't know. The free wifi also the reason why I choose them. But I can't get on the Internet till I check out. I asked for the hair dry, staff said it's not provide but I found it in the leaflet cabinet at the public area. But the location is quite close to the train station and the room is clean. I live in a family room, it has a very big terrace.

We had a great time staying in a private room with bath here for two nights. Good breakfast with great espresso machine, comfy bed, very nice and clean. Well-stocked fridge in the "living room" downstairs to serve yourself drinks from and pay upon departure. Comfortable walking distance to the train stations (both the Deutsche Bahn and the one that goes up to the Zugspitze), and both to Garmisch and Partenkirchen. Friendly staff!

Definitely a budget place to stay in Garmisch considering how pricey most of the other accommodation places are. Lockers were good and big which is a plus point for backpackers and the location is just a 3 min walk away from the train station with a supermarket close by. The staff seemed short-handed and not very friendly to help though. The hostel lacks a kitchen or even a hot-water dispenser and makes it difficult to prepare meals for those on budget.

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Singapore

We booked a private 4 bed room and we received instead a 4 beds in a 5-bed room.

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Greece

Staff at front desk were rude and unwelcoming upon arrival. No directions or advice on the area was provided. The room was nice enough and clean so no complaints there. The wi-fi did not seem to work for us at all and the staff did not seem too willing to help. Overall, a decent room to sleep in, with no additional frills.

The location is the best thing about this Hostel. It's right around the corner from the Hbf (Main Train Station) and the ZugspitzBahn which takes you up the side of the mountain to the Glacier. The breakfast was 6 Euros and wasn't worth it. I skipped breakfast every morning after the first one. The wifi worked well. The walls are paper thin and you can hear everything in the adjacent rooms. I had a two Brazilian couples in the room beside mine and they literally didn't shut up all night.

hostel 2962 Garmish is fine.You would like opinions. Then who should get the information about staff not having enough knowledge ON THE SUBJECT OF FALSE COMPLAINTS. NOT REFERRING TO HOSTEL 2962 GARMISH. I AM REFERRING TO A DIFFERENT HOSTEL.... IT IS ILLEGAL FOR AN UNINFORMED HOSTEL WORKER TO ALLOW THEMSELVES TO BE PRESSURED TO TAKING FALSE COMPLAINTS. THERE IS NO BIGOTRY AGAINST ILLEGAL ALIENS. THE U.K. COMPLAINS AGAINST IRELAND CANADA GERMANY, THE U.S.A WHO CAN WE INFORM bout t

I was charged more than what was quoted!! Few Euros more for a luxury (or tourist?) charge. It was not mentioned in the booking. They were unhelpful. For example- Me: 'could you please tell when the power connection is?'. Staff: 'somewhere there'. ?? I was checking out the front desk staff busy chatting up someone got annoyed she had to help me. Then when I got my turn I hear 'oh for some reason I already checked you out'. Huh? room was clean. Bahnhof was closely.

The bed was a bit to simple and the cleaning was not satisfying. The room needs a bit renovation to be done.

• 26th Oct 2014

Very convenient location. Just a very short walk from the train station. Wifi in the bedroom is not so stable. It works better in the common room.

Staff was friendly and helpful, provided me with a kettle and cup for the room and helped me with informaiton about hiking in the area. The door locks every evening and there are lockers with locks provided in the rooms. The location is excellent a very short five minute walk from the train station and the downtown area with all nessecities including tourist office. The wifi mostly only works in the common areas not in the rooms and there is no kitchen, other than that very pleasant stay.

Sorry I can not comment on the stay. I did not go to Garmish.

The staff were nice enough, just not very personal. I asked for a dinner recommendation and she didn't give me anything! She told me to walk downtown and find my own! It was decently clean, but honestly I wouldnt recommend staying here and finding a guest house or B

The rudest and most unfriendly staff I have ever encountered abroad in any Dom of accommodation. They failed to provide me with any maps or guidance. Both the woman and the man. At one point there was a shouting confrontation between an Indian woman and the man at the front desk because he refused to allow her to heat up her dinner in the microwave. In general it was just a miserable place to stay but I believe it may be the only option for a hostel in town. I would recommend a hotel or B&B

All are OK except a minor administrative disorder. However, the female staff said apology to me. Thus, I will not tell it here.

The location couldn't be beat being that close to the Bahnhof. I stayed in 2 different rooms and both were well kept. It definitely had an older crowd than I expected with a hostel (one roommate was 70+), but that goes with the location and who Garmisch attracts. The breakfast wasn't very impressive for 6 euro and one front desk worker was very abrupt and not the best impression for the staff. I'd still recommend it just based on facilities and location only though.

Good stay at the hostel. Close to the train station, about a 2 min walk. Breakfast which was €6 extra a night was good. No washing machine facilities. Curtains a bit thin also.

View all Garmisch-Partenkirchen Hostels