Hostel 2962-Garmisch Reviews

Partnachauenstra�e 3, D - 82467 Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany

The bed was a bit to simple and the cleaning was not satisfying. The room needs a bit renovation to be done.

• 26th Oct 2014

Very convenient location. Just a very short walk from the train station. Wifi in the bedroom is not so stable. It works better in the common room.

Staff was friendly and helpful, provided me with a kettle and cup for the room and helped me with informaiton about hiking in the area. The door locks every evening and there are lockers with locks provided in the rooms. The location is excellent a very short five minute walk from the train station and the downtown area with all nessecities including tourist office. The wifi mostly only works in the common areas not in the rooms and there is no kitchen, other than that very pleasant stay.

Sorry I can not comment on the stay. I did not go to Garmish.

The staff were nice enough, just not very personal. I asked for a dinner recommendation and she didn't give me anything! She told me to walk downtown and find my own! It was decently clean, but honestly I wouldnt recommend staying here and finding a guest house or B

The rudest and most unfriendly staff I have ever encountered abroad in any Dom of accommodation. They failed to provide me with any maps or guidance. Both the woman and the man. At one point there was a shouting confrontation between an Indian woman and the man at the front desk because he refused to allow her to heat up her dinner in the microwave. In general it was just a miserable place to stay but I believe it may be the only option for a hostel in town. I would recommend a hotel or B&B

All are OK except a minor administrative disorder. However, the female staff said apology to me. Thus, I will not tell it here.

The location couldn't be beat being that close to the Bahnhof. I stayed in 2 different rooms and both were well kept. It definitely had an older crowd than I expected with a hostel (one roommate was 70+), but that goes with the location and who Garmisch attracts. The breakfast wasn't very impressive for 6 euro and one front desk worker was very abrupt and not the best impression for the staff. I'd still recommend it just based on facilities and location only though.

Good stay at the hostel. Close to the train station, about a 2 min walk. Breakfast which was €6 extra a night was good. No washing machine facilities. Curtains a bit thin also.

This place was fine for what it was and considering it is in a much smaller town than most other hostels, it serves it's purpose. The staff was a bit unfriendly, nothing going on in terms of activities or even people at the hostel at. The other travelers were older couples, families, etc. There were two rooms of young travelers. Given there didn't seem to be much else there - it served it's purpose. (Also a bit run down- all clean but generally old stuff.)

This hostel is ideal if you are just looking for a modestly-priced place to stay whilst you are travelling to or from the Zugspitze.

I meet the staff who always wants to use the shortest word to answer my question. There is no kitchen in this hostel a little inconvenient . But the place is beautiful! And easy to get the station!

Well organized and very good treatment!

Located about 3 minutes' walk from main train station and 15 minutes' walk from the starting point at the bottom of Partnachklamm Gorge. The only thing they didn't have for us was a tourist map of the town.

Our beds were not clean upon arrival and the receptionist asked us to communicate with cleaning staff which is a bit odd. The shower was not clean. There was no kitchen or facilities for thee/coffee. There was a rather cold atmosphere. The location was ok. The staff was only present from 09-00 till 18:00 and there was no possibility to contact them during non working hours so what if there occured problems....

The hostel was great! Thanks especially to the supernice woman on the staff with brown hair who had been living in Alaska - you were so friendly and nice to us :-) Louise and Samuel from Sweden

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Sweden
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great place to meet great people :-) Will come back soon!

Nice morning brunch, nice area for both hiking and touring the town.

• 10th Jul 2014

Okay hostel- would stay again only because it is in the most beautiful town close to the station.

We loved this Hostel