Hostel 5 Terre Reviews

Via Riccobaldi 21, Manarola, Cinque Terre, Italy

Manarola was the most beautiful of Cinque Terre - hostel located at the top of the hill so expect a climb - but views are worth it. Nice, chilled atmosphere - staff were friendly. Large lockers are free and available in rooms - although some were broken. Bathrooms and showers were pretty dirty and in the morning toilets were sometimes not cleaned and there was no toilet paper. But at the same time the place was pretty cheap.

If u go to 5 terre in general, u wont spend a lot time in your room anyways. this has a really good price, it is in my opinion in the most beautiful cities of the 5 and in the middle, which makes the way to each of the others really convinient. big downside, no towels included, we had just ONE OUTLET in our room (6 bed) and not even a powerstrip provided by the hostel. showers and bathrooms were a little bit dirty. but honestly, would stay there again. ;

Lovely location in Manarola, with friendly staff and good facilities. Cheap dinner and breakfast options a valuable. Wifi only worked for me in the lobby and no air conditioning, but rooms locked and also had lockers so security was good. Would definitely stay here again!

The place feels nice and has a great location to enjoy Manarola day and night. Stuff was friendly and the place in general feels nice and welcoming. However, rooms need a serious renovation and toilets and showers are the worst and filthiest I've seen in years. I'm afraid I cannot recommend this hostel unless you cannot afford a better option and you really really want to be in Manarola overnight.

My first stay at a hostel so I don't have much to compare it to, but I loved my time here. The staff was fun, welcoming and beyond helpful. The beds were comfy and the rooms had giant cupboards that locked. The showers are free and warm, not the squeeky clean a girl wants, but totally manageable. The breakfast was cheap and delicious. I hope to come back again soon! Thank you Niccola! Ciao!

• 7th Jul 2015

Hostel 5 Terre (Ostello) is really nice place. People who is working in the hostel was really kind. Hostel was clean. Particularly croissants and coffee was really delicious.

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Turkey

Hostel 5 Terre was exceptional. It is nicely tucked away in the corner of Manarola. This location gives it a nice hideaway from many of the tourists as well as a beautiful view of the town and coast. It staff is excellent giving its customers exactly what they needed. During our stay, the staff printed off tickets to the Milan expo for us giving us less of a hassle for finding a place to print them off in Milan. The best part about this hostel was the ability to go to the rooftop of the building

This hostel is a great option for all sorts of travelers, from private rooms to dorm rooms. Beds are comfortable and bathrooms clean. The breakfast (not included, very cheap) is great and varied. The staff is absolutely great, Nicola and Antonio are 2 of the most amazing persons I've ever met. They can provide information about the whole Cinque Terre. When you come to Cinque Terre, stay at the gorgeous Manarola in this amazing Hostel. Definitely coming back.

Loved it. A great time with great people in a back roads place!

Convenient location, friendly staff, great stay!! The room was clean, the wifi worked, and the breakfast was a fantastic addition-- conveniently priced and a great value for money.

The location is incredible!!! Views are beautiful and easy to the train/trails. Very clean. Has a kitchen but not allowed to use. Not even allowed food in the building and the hostels restaurant was closed when I got back at 745pm. Breakfast not included either so value isn't great. Showers are timed and you have to be really quick pushing a button outside, getting into shower, changed while the waters going... Disaster!!

Great hostel great and amazing view!!

• 3rd Mar 2015

I really dislike giving low reviews.. But I wasn't too impressed with my stay here, unfortunately. Since it is off-season it was very slow. The hostel has a serious ant problem (they're really small... But if you look at the floor you can see them crawling.) Hostel has very strange hours. And the lockout is a bit of a pain. Facilities are quite outdated, but had plenty of hot water. Wifi was good. Only locked door was the room door. Lockers in rooms. Could definitely use new bunk beds!

The only hostel I found in Cinque terre. It was fine, not good, not bad. there was only one other person in the hostel when I went so not a social atmosphere

Overall hostel was good, Cinque Terre is a amazing location. Good value for money. Security was a slight concern, no night staff on duty after 7pm and the front door lock was broken. Also no kitchen faciliities available in the winter. For the price it is definitely work it.

• 9th Dec 2014

Ants. So many ants in this hostel, it is entirely infested. Just sitting in the room I would find ants climbing all over my arms and legs. I asked at reception if I could change rooms to one with less bugs, she basically told me that there was no point, the hostel has a lot of bugs. I tried another room, even worse. I also got eaten by bed bugs. Waking up in the morning I could see the sheets littered with their black excrement and dead skins. Manarola is stunning though, don't miss it.

It's really what a hostel should be: an inexpensive bed that gives you a chance to see an area. Nothing too special about it, but the guy running it is very nice.

Apart from being up a steep hill I thought the location was good. Great views of the town and ocean. Staff were not the friendliest and weren't always accommodating. Fairly secure, you get a key to to the room and a large locker for your belongings. Beds were basic but fine enough. Bathrooms were pretty grubby. The kind you'd expect to find at an old camping ground, showers even used a timer. They also had the dinner menu in the rooms but there was never anyone in the kitchen at dinner time.

I really liked how close it was to the main street of Manarola-one of the best towns. Although the walk uphill to the hostel is definitely a struggle but i embraced the challenge! The beds were a let down for me. I felt very unsafe in them as they were ducktaped together at some parts and I recieved bed bugs. I felt itchy whenever i was in the room and in my bed - so i am very distgusted. Toilet could have been cleaner. The breakfast is super cheap - get the crossaint's fresh!

The man at the front desk is so helpful and nice! Our train got delayed and we missed checkin hours, and he stayed late to wait for us to make sure we got a room. Everything was clean, lockers were provided you just needed to bing a lock. Wifi didn't work in the rooms but worked well in the common areas. Overall it was very pleasnt.

• 3rd Oct 2014