Hostel 5 Terre Reviews

Via Riccobaldi 21, Manarola, Cinque Terre, Italy

The location is incredible!!! Views are beautiful and easy to the train/trails. Very clean. Has a kitchen but not allowed to use. Not even allowed food in the building and the hostels restaurant was closed when I got back at 745pm. Breakfast not included either so value isn't great. Showers are timed and you have to be really quick pushing a button outside, getting into shower, changed while the waters going... Disaster!!

Great hostel great and amazing view!!

• 3rd Mar 2015

I really dislike giving low reviews.. But I wasn't too impressed with my stay here, unfortunately. Since it is off-season it was very slow. The hostel has a serious ant problem (they're really small... But if you look at the floor you can see them crawling.) Hostel has very strange hours. And the lockout is a bit of a pain. Facilities are quite outdated, but had plenty of hot water. Wifi was good. Only locked door was the room door. Lockers in rooms. Could definitely use new bunk beds!

The only hostel I found in Cinque terre. It was fine, not good, not bad. there was only one other person in the hostel when I went so not a social atmosphere

Overall hostel was good, Cinque Terre is a amazing location. Good value for money. Security was a slight concern, no night staff on duty after 7pm and the front door lock was broken. Also no kitchen faciliities available in the winter. For the price it is definitely work it.

• 9th Dec 2014

Ants. So many ants in this hostel, it is entirely infested. Just sitting in the room I would find ants climbing all over my arms and legs. I asked at reception if I could change rooms to one with less bugs, she basically told me that there was no point, the hostel has a lot of bugs. I tried another room, even worse. I also got eaten by bed bugs. Waking up in the morning I could see the sheets littered with their black excrement and dead skins. Manarola is stunning though, don't miss it.

It's really what a hostel should be: an inexpensive bed that gives you a chance to see an area. Nothing too special about it, but the guy running it is very nice.

Apart from being up a steep hill I thought the location was good. Great views of the town and ocean. Staff were not the friendliest and weren't always accommodating. Fairly secure, you get a key to to the room and a large locker for your belongings. Beds were basic but fine enough. Bathrooms were pretty grubby. The kind you'd expect to find at an old camping ground, showers even used a timer. They also had the dinner menu in the rooms but there was never anyone in the kitchen at dinner time.

I really liked how close it was to the main street of Manarola-one of the best towns. Although the walk uphill to the hostel is definitely a struggle but i embraced the challenge! The beds were a let down for me. I felt very unsafe in them as they were ducktaped together at some parts and I recieved bed bugs. I felt itchy whenever i was in the room and in my bed - so i am very distgusted. Toilet could have been cleaner. The breakfast is super cheap - get the crossaint's fresh!

The man at the front desk is so helpful and nice! Our train got delayed and we missed checkin hours, and he stayed late to wait for us to make sure we got a room. Everything was clean, lockers were provided you just needed to bing a lock. Wifi didn't work in the rooms but worked well in the common areas. Overall it was very pleasnt.

• 3rd Oct 2014

The hostel is located in a beautiful spot. The hostel itself doesn't feel like a hostel, it feels more like a resort due to the setting

Everything was good, only be out pass 10 because the cleaning lady is not very nice if not.

A view of the town and a view of the sea from the rooms make this hostel an excellent location. Manarola is one of the quieter towns in Cinque Terre but this makes it excellent for a relaxing base. I would stay here again.

Nice hostel located right up the top of the town. Bit of an uphill walk but nothing too difficult and probably good for you with the amount of gelato eaten throughout the towns! Good facilities, seemed to have a big variation in ages 18 - 40 plus some families. Staff were helpful and definitely provides value for money considering the popularity of the area. Would definitely stay again

Great hostel, splendid views of Manarola. There is an in-house restaurant which makes breakfast and dinner easy and not too expensive, and the food was good. Nice terrace to hang out with other travelers, generally a good atmosphere. Very friendly and helpful staff, the only complaint I have is that the bathrooms were 1) dirty, 2)very small. However, the rooms were kept very clean. It would really be great if the bathrooms could be improved though.

Perfectly acceptable hostel, although nothing special to give it a wow factor. Hostel is in a great location with epic views though, and the town of Manarola was so, so, so lovely!

We spent 3 nights at this hostel. Its quite nice friendly people. the only downside to it is its the location at the top of the village. Its not far from the center like a 5min walk but its all uphill you need to stop and catch your breath before climbing a set of stairs in front of the hostel. There is an elevator to move your backpack/suitcase up to the first and second floor. They offer dinner and breakfast, sell icecream juice and drinks which makes things easier.

Very nice hostel in the hills of Manarola. It's right next to the church so be prepared to be woken up by the bell chimes in the morning!

Great hostel, loved my experience there.

Friendly and accommodating staff and nice location.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7