Hostel 639 Reviews

639 Harrow Road, London, England

If you like using frozen food then this is the place as no other hostel has Freezer space like 639, my only criticism is that it is invariably full hence I have to move out today , very relaxed TV room , transport facilities excellent . Great value for money..

This was a good cheap and cheerful hostel. I'm a student who needed to stay somewhere cheap for just one night and Hostel 639 was just what I was looking for. Everything was pretty basic and it could be a bit noisy with the road outside but so close to the centre of London and only £16pp (4 person dorm) was really cheap. I wouldn't stay there longer than a couple of nights but as a cheap overnight stop, it's not bad.

• 20th Jun 2015

Pelase do not stay here. The room I had to stay in (6 bedroom female) had 4 ladies probably in their 50's who were living there! This is not a hostel for travelers. I felt really insecure leaving anything there and sleeping with 4 women who came in and out of the room at one, two, three o clock in the morning. Horrible experience. Please stay somewhere else even if you have to pay a little more. I hate following reviews but this time I should have believed what other people said about this place

The location was good, but that's about it. Before walking into this place we felt unsafe, everyone starred at us and seemed to be on drugs including the staff. It was incredibly sketchy the whole atmosphere, even one pf the cleaning persons made inappropriate comments to us. We were so dissastisfied we decided to stay at the airport. Entering the room, it did not apear to have been cleaned beforehand.. there was a half empty water bottle, the shower was uncleany, the sheets smelled. YUCK!

The environment is so dirty, and noisy! There's no escalator so we have to carry our luggages up to 4th floors. Anyway, the toilet is so dirty and very small!

We visited Hostel 639 with our class for 4 nights. When we arrived we found an abandoned slip in one of our rooms. The other were perfectly cleaned. At the beginning of our stay, the toilets were in a poor condition, but they improved these issues during the week. For a school-class it was ok to stay there. The staff was helpful and friendly.

• 16th Jun 2015
  • Switzerland

Room was on the fourth floor. All other floors were fine, the fourth floor was an absolute sauna, sleeping was difficult. Thank god the 25 flies in the room took my mind off the heat. The flies were everywhere in this hostel. Could not get away from the hordes of flies everywhere. Flies, flies and more flies. I was looking for National Geographic as I thought they were doing a documentary on the flies of Hostel 639. If u enjoy sweltering heat and bunking with hordes of flies, then stqy here.

• 16th Jun 2015

Booked a two bed room, got a four bed room instead. It was really small and we were lucky to be only two persons in it, because we couldn't move a lot in it. Beds looked like they could break into pieces any minute. Facilities were along the floor and although they were clean enough they did not work properly - either the flush didn't work or the door couldn't be locked. But since we've only came to the hostel to sleep and were not there during the day, it was okay.

• 12th Jun 2015

By far the worst hostel I've been to. Do NOT come here! The room smelled, everything was filthy and the mattress was antique. We only stayed for one night and felt awful the next day. Breakfast and wifi are not included. The people working there were scary and I was afraid for my safety. Toilets didn't flush properly. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

I was not issued a visa to come to England, and I informed you on time but you never replied, so next time please response to your clients

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Kosovo

The staff is unprofessional and we had to wait for a long time to check in and then to get our luggage from the storage room. The place was being painted so everything was a mess, plus all the furniture is old and in bad conditions. I didn't like the atmosphere of the place. The bedroom itself was clean, but the beds were not comfortable and the duvets they provided us were super old and in horrible conditions. They don't have free wifi, but you can purchase a 24 hour pass, which didnt work.

• 26th May 2015

Absolutely without a doubt the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. Mattresses are nothing more than springs, no ladders on bunk beds, staff were for no reason hostile, unfriendly, and unhelpful. You have to pay for wifi. Credit cards not accepted. Like hot water? Too bad. Almost contracted hypothermia from the shower.. The whole place smells bad. Theres rap music being blasted outside and in the lobby until about 4am. Don't stay here. Well worth the money to find somewhere else

• 21st May 2015

This was a terrible experience, we got a refund and left after 30 mins. The dorm we booked didnt exist (8 bed mixed) and my girlfriend and i were put in a 6 bed "mixed"?????? With 4 other guys. The hostel staffs attitude was "very poor" quoting "you booked through hostelworld, not us"

• 19th May 2015
  • Scotland
  • Mixed Group, 41+

I stayed for a week, wifi worked free six days and the last one they said I had to pay £2 for a day service. Besides, it shouldn't be allowed for people to smoke weed at the hostel doors. I could smell it from my room in the second floor!

It was not so bad as other people had been writing. I stayed with my whole family 8 people. We were only sleeping there, it was alright. The big advantage is hostel is just the on the corner few steps from Kensal Green Station. It was really helpful as we were tired to walk any further. The receptionists were ok. Security checked one of my family member - it is plus, big thumb for you! as they care who enters the premises.

• 28th Apr 2015
  • Poland
  • Mixed Group, 41+

It was a shame that payment could only be made in cash at the front desk. This caused inconvenience, in terms of finding an ATM and resulted in my having to use my credit card to obtain the necessary cash--to my cost, in this instance. The breakfast deal was pleasantly adequate, however.

This place is a dump in every sense of the word. It is old, rundown, cramped and very unclean. The staff are all Spanish immigrants who don't care about you or your stay, just socialsing amongst themselves and smoking. The place attracts some very creepy people who you must sleep with in very close, smelly quarters. Stay away from this place. It is more like a halfway house than a hostel.

I don't recommend this hostel to anyone. The staff is unfriendly & don't understand anything. The hostel is wierd, shower box is in the room. We were lucky we came as a group, just imagine getting a shower in the middle of the room full of strangers. No, thank you! The only good thing about it is the location very near to the tube. But maybe too far from the center of London. Not good at all!!

I had a reservation, had paid the booking fee, got to the hostel at about 10pm. Girl at the reception told me they are booked out I should try and get a room at another hostel which was 30 mins to walk. She didn't seem to be sorry. Offered me to sleep on the couch in the living room if I don't want to go to the next hostel. Next day I talked to one of the managers and she at least gave me a refund.

Cheap, but no electric sockets per bed means not enough security for charging the phone. Uncomfortable beds, some bunk beds didn't even have ladders. Staff comes to check the receipt in the middle of the night, while everyone is sleeping, wakes everyone up. Not exactly what you call great service. Right next to a cemetery, is that there to get me there when I fall off the bunk bed that has no ladders? Nevertheless, cheap, which is why I doubt you would care at all about this comment.

• 31st Mar 2015