Hostel 639 Reviews

639 Harrow Road, London, England

I have no interest in visiting this place again. Extremely rude staff and a very ordinary experience over all. Not worth my time or effort.

• 23rd Mar 2015

Glod location good staff,and good area but Little bit nois , wifi its not good.

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • Mexico

Beds were so creaky and uncomfortable. I got the top bunk but there was no ladder for it so I had t climb on the adjacent bed's ladder and then go on to my bed which was really uncomfortable to the occupant of adjacent bed specially late night when she was sleeping. No privacy curtains available. But the hostel was clean. There was a shower in the room. Shared toilets were always clean. Staff was okay to deal with.

• 18th Mar 2015

At our arrival we had to wait longer than expected to check in. Even though we knew we could not pay by card, we still don't understand how come it is like this. Staff was not nice, not very well organised and their level of English was not very good. As well as this, they were not helpful either as they didn't explain anything about the facilities of the hostel, which we consider poor. The room was very small and the beds were not comfortable either safe.

If they would renovate least as well. We stayed in room six beds was very ok. The advantage is that it is very close to the center. Cleaning the rooms and toilets was ok. The Internet is a little weak but go

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Romania

very very nice.I felt very well

• 15th Mar 2015
  • Morocco

Disgusting....

The staff was more interessed in her phone than helping me. At first she put me in a full dorm and then made me wait a long time, because she was talking with a friend on her phone. The rooms was very dirty and no clean sheets.

Very friendly and helpful staff.

• 14th Mar 2015

I didn't have free breakfast like they wrote it. I agree with others opinion that this hostel has a lot of hidden fees (wi-fi, luggage etc). Hostel wasn't really clean. But on the other hand it was really cheap option, so you can't except much more :) I really like the idea to set 4 people in one room. It was much better then stay in a room with 12 people. And location is very good, close to the tube, still in zone 2.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Poland

Awful night. The staff is not polite and very unprofessional. We were given an occupied room instead of the private room we paid for. We were asked to wait 5 minutes until they could get the suitcases of the people out of the room (people who did not know they had been moved) but it was only 30 minutes later that we could go up. Check out is at 10 but someone knocked on the door at 9 for housekeeping and just entered without waiting for a reply (a nice surprise after a shower).

• 7th Mar 2015

very nice

• 3rd Mar 2015

hostel not acknowledged my reservation and took my £ 1 deposit ???

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Bulgaria

unfortunately you have only one staff and its impossible to answer the phone and service customers at the same time. I was expecting more than half an hour to be settled with my room and my key.

Smelled this time -not really clean. Sticky, sweet

Staff lack diplomacy, very slow checking process as all guest are hand written..very archaic. Security staff very confrontational with new arrivals. This is NOT necessary! Being on high street it's always noisy, even at 4am some guests played music into early hours (3.30 am) I didn't sleep at all. Would I return to Hostel639 ...NO I WOULDN'T. I will never refer anyone to stay at this place.

• 19th Feb 2015

hidden fees (wi-fi, luggage etc.) and power shortage.

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Romania

Cannot reccomend this hostel at all. Very very poor. Rude staff, dirty smelly rooms, WiFi is not free( you have to pay 3pounds), no kitchen equipment(you have to pay 5pound deposit to borrow their pots and pans ), dirty toilets. There is a shower in the room but you will have no privacy. The hostel is full of weird individuals, probably illegal immigrants. I say this place is not even worth the money. Do yourself a favor and do not go there. Very bad experience

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Czech Republic

I´ll never go back

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Spain

My sugestion is for you the organizer,so I was confused because you offer a lot of questions for them like 2 or even 3 questions about internet access,breakfast,laundry service...and just few of them clear say about the facilities.I want to see offwrs,facilities clear free wifi or how much have to pay for the internet;clear if its free or have to pay and what kind of meal then clear if its laundry and dryer free or how much it cost including waiting time,etc....

• 6th Feb 2015