Hostel 639 Reviews

639 Harrow Road, London, England

It s very cheap but it doesn't feel like hostel at all. Seem like lots of people staying there for a very long time. Dirty and uncomfortable. However you can't expect much with this price

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

A clean hostel with very good conditions. Price is good location

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Czech Republic

A very pleasant stay. A hostel with a train station very close is a good thing. Super Marchet close enough clean, good security. Worst part is that London is very crowded

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Portugal

The problem in London is related to the fact that Hostels are crammed with workers coming from all over the world who perhaps are short of money, don't look after themselves, are untidy and sometimes smelly. I have booked through you a few nights at Euro Hostel in Glasgow that I really enjoyed only because that was a tourist Hostel rather than a "worker shelter". I hope my feedback helps and it's just a transparent view of mine on how I found the Hostel Best Regards!

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Romania

compared with other hotels is great. I read several reviews but honestly not as other comment. and many faults but it is pretty good.

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Romania

Very important because the train station is across the street ... Just nice breakfast .. and cleanliness.

• 14th Mar 2014

This hostel was beyond imagination. The staff was rude, everything was dirty, the room smelled horrible, the sheets were dirty, there were no pillows, the room was in terrible condition (i stayed in a 6-bed female dorm, i guess the other girls were actually living in there permanently.) Makes me sick just thinking about it.

• 28th Feb 2014
  • Finland

I stayed in a 6 bed female dorm room (though I booked an 8 bed?). There were no lockers or safe places to store valuables in the room, however you could have it stored at the reception. The beds were honestly quite uncomfortable, but I only paid £7 for the night so I can live with that. For some reason, there was a shower in the bedroom, which I think was a very bad idea. There were showers in the bathrooms but still some girl decided to take a shower in the room after midnight, waking me up.

• 12th Feb 2014
  • Norway

transport links are good. staff do the minimum, very busy, someone stole our beers, have to pay a deposit to just borrow kitchen equipment that was usually missing - they gave me a plastic knife to cut an onion. the hobs take about 2 hours to heat up, its right behind a cemetery, which is kinda unsettling. people were cleaning every day, but as the building is so ancient its hard to make it look good. wifi is a rip off. "bar" and pool is ok, dont expect any free water if youre dying of thirst

ROOM MUST BE CHECKED, BEFORE GUESTS ARRIVE. THERE WAS NO MATTERESS ON THE BED IN OUR ROOM, WE WERE WAITING ONE HOUR AND HALF TO GET IT.

• Slovenia

I've been extremely disappointed by my stay at Hostel 639. Firstly the staff at the reception was contemptuous, showing no interest for the custom and no warm at all. Then I discover the bedroom, what a surprise!!! It was so seedy and out-dated. Totally different of the photos.. No room for personal belongings. I read on my reservation that the breakfast was included and internet free. Such a lie!!! I had to pay for a mediocre breakfast. To sum up, Hostel 639 it's seedy and it's theft!!!

• 7th Feb 2014

at first I thought it would be a very bad hostel because of the bad reviews I found on the internet, but once there I realized it was not so bad. Overall is pretty good and for a very affordable price. if I return to london I would go to this hostel another time.

• Spain

I would never recommend this hostel. At first the mattress where I was trying to sleep was the worst I have ever slept on! My luck there was another bed free!!! Staff was the worst I have ever seen as well, they just dont care, I asked advise to take the bus and the staff advised me completely wrong!! Weird people who was not sleeping there coming in and partying on "dance room" they have there. Impossible to have a good night, I would not recommend even if you would like to save money.

the room was small for six people. no place to put our stuff or lay out our luggages. the beds are so creaky and noisy that every night i have a nightmare that its gonna break apart. my pillow was pretty much non existence. the only good thing is that it is near kensal green tube station.

The location and cost are great. But not having any ladder for upper bunk can be an issue.

The entrance is not easy to recognize The building is sad and grey....

Dont want to return my deposit.

KEEN TO CONTINUE TO STAY AS LONG AS THEY REMAIN COMPETITIVE AND PROFESSTIONAL

I booked a dorm in a 14 bed mixed dorm but was given a dorm in another room which was very small with very little space between dorms. The mattress, Duvet and sheets were very old. Toilets were not clean at all most of the time, there was no washing liquid at all.

Had an istance of unknown men barging into the all women's room at 3 in the morning despite it being locked. When another occupant of the room returned form first sending the men away and then reporting to staff, the impression we got was that the staff were unfazed by that.

« first « Prev 1 2 3