Hostel 639 Reviews

639 Harrow Road, London, England

Guys please be carefull!!!I dont know even how to discribe what a horror house it was!its so dirty!!!!!but when I open the door to my room I was in a panic!windows just on the busy road entrance!!!LINEN IS NOT CHANGED!shower(not shower room)just in the tiny room!and when one tramp women come back from somewhere and at 24.00 put the light on and start to wash herself,its allready became to much!!!I was waiting for 7.00 in the morning just to run from there!

This. Place. Was. Awful. I guess you can't complain too much given the price but I don't expect to have to walk through a circle of men at the door at all hours. Or to deal with a room hotter than satan's a**e with no AC or ventilation. Or sleep on sheets that make my skin itch after 1 minute of contact. Or to have the staff give exactly zero f***s about any of it. Also they made us move room because another party was coming in. Why not give the new people the room you're moving us to?

• 18th Jul 2014

The security was poor and having a shower in a corner of the room with nowhere private to dry was a bit unusual. It served its purpose as a bed for the night but if you want anything more you should look elsewhere because it just wasn't that nice in general.

• 16th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

I had to request my room, because they wanted to give me something different and it was very far from the centre.

Unsafe, and very far from city center. Best to find a different hostel in London other than this one.

• 12th Jul 2014

The staff weren't very friendly and any questions asked they didn't seem to be bothered. Wifi didn't reach the dorms. The beds were so squeky everything someone moved you woke up, the pillows were so flat I woke up with a sore neck. The shower switched from hot to cold continuously .

• 12th Jul 2014

This is a hovel not a hostel, bed bugs, rude and unhelpful staff, none of whom can speak English when u want to complain, blistering walls with paint coming off the windowsills and ants crawling along windows. Completely disgusted, checking hour and half late as room was not ready.

• 9th Jul 2014

slept like the dead at this hostel... enjoy!

• 9th Jul 2014

My sister and I were double charged and had to pay for 4 beds! We had booked 2 nights but because that it would cost 77 pounds and the hostel was definitely NOT worth that, we said that we just wanted 1 night. They charged us a weird amount of 38 pounds. The next morning we were told to check out at 10 in the morning and wait for the manager. We waited an hour. The staff were discussing the situation in spanish, which one of US understood and found that they were trying to find a way to cheat us

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

I stayed here for a night and found it OK. The hostel is located in front of tube station and you can get there very easily. The female dorm was also OK though I found a lot of rubbish under my bed. Most members of staff were not friendly nor helpful, and kind of rude to guests I'm afraid.

Decent place for the amount of money you're paying but very dodgy

• 5th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

At the Hostal 639, my friend and I had the worts experience of all.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

I didn't get to stay at the place dued to a mistake, however when I was there I had a good nap in their lounge room. I really wish they could had staffs who are more pleasant than moody.

This hostel was pretty loud, and seemed to be quite a party place. I was just sleeping, so really if you're up for a bit more fun this would be a good place.

• 3rd Jul 2014

I couldnt expect much for what I've paid, but I think honesty is fundamental, even if you charge 10 euros per night. Just a few tips for future customers..first of all bring your own sleeping bag, because all the beds come with sheets but they're definitely not clean. Secondly, breakfast is cheap but not free. Tip for the hostel, make sure your cleaners are not all as rude as the one I met. Charging little money doesn't imply yelling at guests for taking too long in the toilet. Not going back.

Just nice!

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Poland

It is not the hostel of typical English style. You may find the graffiti in the walls a bit strange but it shouldn't be the problem at all if you don't mind. The location is a bit far from the city but you can find stores by walking a few miles, or dine at the restaurant attached. It may not be the typical choice but I think it's worth the money.

Receptionist was extremely rude talking to me like I was an idiot. I understand the job can be stressful when multiple people check in all at one time, but its the hostels fault that they do all bookings on pen and paper and have no electronic system in place. The receptionist with brown hair female was very abrupt looked extremely tired and didn't want to answer any of my questions. The quality of the room was the worst I have ever seen and I have been to some absolute dumps in my time.

Stay away. Toilets are filthy and always out of paper and soap. Beds are slightly cleaner. Staff are extremely unhelpful and unfriendly. Facilities suck - you have to pay for wifi or to use their computers. There is no front-desk security; anybody could walk in off the street and the locks on the dorm doors are flimsy and seem insecure. The hostel's two redeeming features are its price and its proximity to the tube. It's half an hour from the city centre, though.

• 24th Jun 2014

The wifi is only available at the reception not in the room, the shower in the room is good but it is small. well i was lucky at that time since i booked shared room for 8 and due to some problem regarding the room the manager gave me room for 4 ( which i wanted since there were 4 of us ) and the price still the same as 8 shared room! hehe!! the location is in zone 2 and a bit far since during my trip to london im more prone to visit places in zone 1.

• 21st Jun 2014