Hostel 639 Reviews

639 Harrow Road, London, England

The Staff behind reception specifically the girls , I have never met anybody so rude in my whole entire life needs to change

• 28th Jan 2016

So noisy, drunk people, no place to chill out and relax quiet and they booked my bed to another person so they had to give me another room.

It was a very cheap hostel so you cannot expect the best, but at least it was clean and the staff were helpful (they even spoke spanish). The underground stop near goes directly to the center, although it takes 35min. Next time I think I would prefer spending a little bit more, to be closer to the center and to have a hostel with better atmosphere and facilities.

• 22nd Jan 2016
  • Spain

for that money ok but never again

very cheap

• 11th Jan 2016

not good at all, 4 thfloir with no lift,dirty sheets,they didnt want to call us a taxi from there ( they told us to call from our mobile).toilets not in room ( you have to go to another room wheres the toilets). small shower in room (you have to come out from shower to get your clothes on.( btw shower was damaged) we told them and they sad the maintenance will come but didnt showed so they cant do anything now it was the worst of all hostels and were not going again there

I recently stayed at this hostel with 8 friends in a private 8 bed dorm for the new years eve weekend. When we arrived check in was easy. There was a bar, restaurant, kitchen and chill room (good facility's for price). Room was clean but basic. I thought my stay was good for money. We had a good time however location is good for Camden and Nottinghill. I would only stay here with a group of friends in private dorm. I came home with bites off the bed but only problem I had.

• 31st Dec 2015

The worst experience in my life. 1. The kitchen is very dirty and didn't have nothing for cook, didn't have knife and fork... Very poor 2. Incredible need pay for Internet, so I payed and didn't work, bad internet. 3. Staff (2 girls) very bad educated. 4. Bedroom is very dirty. 5. Shower inside the bedroom is terrible, and no too much water in the shower. 6. Water in the sink, sewage smell.

The booking was very badly organised and the room where we were supposed to stay was actually full. The staffs' response to it was not appropriate (though they weren't unfriendly) and it took for us more than 1 hour to get our beds. Some floors really stunk and bed sheets were not clean. No free wifi and only 2 sockets in a room for 6 people. Many unpleasant long-term guests. I wouldn't complain because it was surprisingly cheap given that our stay was on new year's eve in London though...

• Japan

If you are going to stay there, you better just sleep on the streets! The shower was inside and I have to sleep with 2 male people although they were great and left the room when was shower time.

• Mexico

The light in the room is too weak, it barely litted up the whole room at all. On website shows kitchens but all are not clean and the microwave at the 2nd floor does not work. Staff are responsive but not very friendly and welcoming.

• Vietnam

Breakfast was not included as described, had to pay for wifi 2 £ per day. Never any soap in the restrooms. Not comfortable to use the small shower cabin in the dorms, no privacy. Didn't mind the distance to the centre of London, however, the area around the hostel was not very interesting.

After reading some comments, I expected a very bad Hostel. But in this room we stood (2nd floor) we haven't seen any cockroach. But this was the only positive thing I can say here. Our bed sheets wasn't clean for at least 1 month (we found a saleslip from november in it. The matress aren't comfortable as well and in one bed the guard rail doen't exist. In the room we had a personal douche (all in all okay, but not in the best status. The Toilets aren't very clean.

• 28th Dec 2015

When I got back to the hotel after work one night, someone else was in the bed I was sleeping in, the red bunk beds are dangerous as there are no ladders to get up or down from them. There are no rails around the top bunk either. Staff were unhelpful and unfriendly. Quite simply one of the worst hostels I have ever stayed in

Toilets are broken shower are also broken. Cleanliness are very poor. Security not good enough.

• 25th Dec 2015
  • Hungary

No credit card excepted, refurnishment needed

• 4th Dec 2015

The place is oscillates somewhere between the dodgy and the surreal. There's a couple of staff members whose purpose of even being there is not entirely clear, even for themselves. I witnessed a weird yet hilarious situation where a guy who was waiting to check in was first accused of stealing a beer (beer was from his backpack), then accused of being aggressive (dude was calm the whole time), and further asked to leave by one of the massively stoned staff members. There is a nice pool table.

to careful! they did not agree for my booking due to age limit. I lost my money! and I had to look for other hostel. this is disgusting cos few months ago I was in this hostel few days

• 29th Nov 2015
  • Poland

mice ate some of the food we left in our rooms.

• 23rd Nov 2015
  • Wales

If you can afford better please go to another place. This place is extremely difficult to get good hostel experience. It has locals who rather pay the cheap night than sleep on the streets. It is dirty and filthy and disgusting. Blood and cum ok the bed and hair so nasty!!

• 20th Nov 2015