Hostel 639 Reviews

639 Harrow Road, London, England

Thought it was a bargain until we left before we'd even slept there because, and I'm not a snooty person, I've travelled the world and seen some stuff, it was a glorified homeless shelter

• 15th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

highly recommended

Only Aimieinthe coffee shop is worthy of amention , very efficient , the rest goes from bad to worse., never get a sizeable room as requested, always top floor.

The toilets were not clean and there were no stairs to get on the bunk bed, but the staff was nice. It was cheap but I am used to better conditions for that price.

This hostel is horrible do not stay here. The staff are extremely rude. The rooms are extremely dirty. Bunk beds don't have ladders and are tiny. The bathroom consists of a shower cubicle inside the room has painted glass to make it not see through but no where to actually get changed. Half the people there are permanently living there. I walked into my room and had a man sleeping on my bed with his feet on my pillow and asked him where his bed was and he pointed where a lady was sleeping

This hostel will change your room but only give you notice on that day. I lost my things because of that, and the staff ignored my complaint. if only stay for one or two nights, it is ok.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

Staff was rude and unwelcoming. We booked a 6 bed dorm room and when we got there someone was already inside. The hostel tried to play it off as saying they knew someone was already there, and that they actually separated us into two groups for two different rooms. Obvious lie, as if this was true, why did we only get one key? Their 'bouncer' was confrontational trying to pick a fight. Other than that, hostel is not worth the price, as you will need to buy a metro card to go see anything.

• 6th Nov 2014

Recomendo a todo El mundo este citio , muy bien , muy limpio y barato..desayuno ... .!!! La verdad k muy bien !!!!

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Spain

The cheapest accommodation in London

• 4th Nov 2014
  • US Virgin Islands

Really good price-quality

• 1st Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Dorms are the size of a small shoe box, no security at all hardly, the toilets rarely flushed properly, two power points to plug things in between 6 people. Wouldn't go back.

• 31st Oct 2014

You definitely get what you pay for with this hostel. I arrived at the time that I said I would arrive, and my room wasn't ready because they were building new beds in it (around the luggage of the other people who were already staying in the room). Storage costs 1 pound per day, so I had to stay with my stuff until my room was ready a few hours later. Wifi is 3 pounds per day. I found the staff quite rude at first, with limited English-speaking abilities, and the hostel itself quite run-down.

I had to wait 2 hours for the check in , when i asked why the staff started to shout at me and reacting really rude, they spoke behind my back in other languages thinking i can't understand. Everybody was rude to me there, there was no internet connection , the bunked beds miserable without a ladder to climb . The shower is in the room and if there are people inside you have to be extra careful not to reveal yourself.

To improve the staff understanding and customer service, and great income, I recommend staff training. Otherwise, the staff and the security guards would be dragging the ho tel into enormous amount of compensation through the Court as they gain more recognition after improve their security and facilities.

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Portugal

Dirty and shabby. Really awful facilities. Some members of the staff were not very helpful either, or could speak English properly. I wouldn't recommend this place to anybody. Breakfast was cheap but poor, just toast, coffe and juice. The problem was that you had to share the same jam with everybody, people dipped their knifes into the same jar. I found it totally unhygienic.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Spain

They constantly over book rooms. This may actually be a good thing because my companion and I got upgraded to a private room, which is great, because the showers are in the dorm room, and pretty awkward experience all round. The hostel is critically understaffed, and so have to deal with a lot of complaints and this makes them brusque and rude.

• 24th Oct 2014

The worst hostel of the world. Don't go there for your safe

• 23rd Oct 2014

This hostel is not value for money. (1) very noisy main road location. Also it is not sound proof. (2) mattresses worn out and old. With disturbing spring/coils. (3) shower in room very small. No other showers on the floor. (4) kitchen are self catering and very tiny. No tea bags, coffee, or even hot water cattle in upstairs kitchens. No cutleries, cups, glass etc. All other hostels do have these all. (5) TV lounge too narrow and with no fresh air. (6) cold and slow water in many taps.

• 16th Oct 2014

The staff were very rude.

• 15th Oct 2014

No necessary, just hope that next time this hostel able to provide free internet service in order to allow resident able to make the work or itinerary easily. Thx

• 14th Oct 2014