Hostel 639 Reviews

639 Harrow Road, London, England

This was a terrible experience, we got a refund and left after 30 mins. The dorm we booked didnt exist (8 bed mixed) and my girlfriend and i were put in a 6 bed "mixed"?????? With 4 other guys. The hostel staffs attitude was "very poor" quoting "you booked through hostelworld, not us"

• 19th May 2015
  • Scotland
  • Mixed Group, 41+

I stayed for a week, wifi worked free six days and the last one they said I had to pay £2 for a day service. Besides, it shouldn't be allowed for people to smoke weed at the hostel doors. I could smell it from my room in the second floor!

It was not so bad as other people had been writing. I stayed with my whole family 8 people. We were only sleeping there, it was alright. The big advantage is hostel is just the on the corner few steps from Kensal Green Station. It was really helpful as we were tired to walk any further. The receptionists were ok. Security checked one of my family member - it is plus, big thumb for you! as they care who enters the premises.

• 28th Apr 2015
  • Poland
  • Mixed Group, 41+

It was a shame that payment could only be made in cash at the front desk. This caused inconvenience, in terms of finding an ATM and resulted in my having to use my credit card to obtain the necessary cash--to my cost, in this instance. The breakfast deal was pleasantly adequate, however.

This place is a dump in every sense of the word. It is old, rundown, cramped and very unclean. The staff are all Spanish immigrants who don't care about you or your stay, just socialsing amongst themselves and smoking. The place attracts some very creepy people who you must sleep with in very close, smelly quarters. Stay away from this place. It is more like a halfway house than a hostel.

I don't recommend this hostel to anyone. The staff is unfriendly & don't understand anything. The hostel is wierd, shower box is in the room. We were lucky we came as a group, just imagine getting a shower in the middle of the room full of strangers. No, thank you! The only good thing about it is the location very near to the tube. But maybe too far from the center of London. Not good at all!!

I had a reservation, had paid the booking fee, got to the hostel at about 10pm. Girl at the reception told me they are booked out I should try and get a room at another hostel which was 30 mins to walk. She didn't seem to be sorry. Offered me to sleep on the couch in the living room if I don't want to go to the next hostel. Next day I talked to one of the managers and she at least gave me a refund.

Cheap, but no electric sockets per bed means not enough security for charging the phone. Uncomfortable beds, some bunk beds didn't even have ladders. Staff comes to check the receipt in the middle of the night, while everyone is sleeping, wakes everyone up. Not exactly what you call great service. Right next to a cemetery, is that there to get me there when I fall off the bunk bed that has no ladders? Nevertheless, cheap, which is why I doubt you would care at all about this comment.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • South Korea

The staff were very helpful.and the residents great But the beds were disgusting, all , the matresses need to be incinerated immediately.Also having ashower in the dormitory is a nuisance because it wakes disturbs everyone else inthe room. Although it says theres a free pick up from Victoria station, They dont do. It.This was the main reason.we chose it.Overall impression - because of the beds,only bit better than sleeping on the street.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Wales

Did not feel safe in this hostel, barely slept and cancelled the rest of my stay

• 30th Mar 2015

Bad one!

Arrived at 11pm. Was told to wait in waiting area to check in. Still waiting 25 mins later so I walk back in to reception and all of the staff are just standing around talking.. it took another 15 mins for the receptionist to get everything in order. We got a 6 bed dorm which was ridiculously cramped. the shower's in the room with no lock on it so i would not feel comfortable in a mixed dorm. The kitchen looks like it is barely cleaned and there are no utensils avaliable. WORST HOSTEL IVE BEEN 2

This was the most uncomfortable hostel I've ever stayed in. Not only were the rooms dirty (the shower in mine smelled so badly, we had to have the windows open constantly), but the staff was unfriendly and completely unorganized. My room was taken when I arrived, so I was put in a different one, but only after the staff basically went room to room checking if there was an empty spot...shouldn't they have that recorded somewhere? Lots of older transient men in the hostel, and did not feel safe.

I have no interest in visiting this place again. Extremely rude staff and a very ordinary experience over all. Not worth my time or effort.

• 23rd Mar 2015

Glod location good staff,and good area but Little bit nois , wifi its not good.

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • Mexico

Beds were so creaky and uncomfortable. I got the top bunk but there was no ladder for it so I had t climb on the adjacent bed's ladder and then go on to my bed which was really uncomfortable to the occupant of adjacent bed specially late night when she was sleeping. No privacy curtains available. But the hostel was clean. There was a shower in the room. Shared toilets were always clean. Staff was okay to deal with.

At our arrival we had to wait longer than expected to check in. Even though we knew we could not pay by card, we still don't understand how come it is like this. Staff was not nice, not very well organised and their level of English was not very good. As well as this, they were not helpful either as they didn't explain anything about the facilities of the hostel, which we consider poor. The room was very small and the beds were not comfortable either safe.

If they would renovate least as well. We stayed in room six beds was very ok. The advantage is that it is very close to the center. Cleaning the rooms and toilets was ok. The Internet is a little weak but go

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Romania

very very nice.I felt very well

• 15th Mar 2015