Hostel 639 Reviews

639 Harrow Road, London, England

mice ate some of the food we left in our rooms.

• 23rd Nov 2015
  • Wales

If you can afford better please go to another place. This place is extremely difficult to get good hostel experience. It has locals who rather pay the cheap night than sleep on the streets. It is dirty and filthy and disgusting. Blood and cum ok the bed and hair so nasty!!

• 20th Nov 2015

By far the worst hostel I have ever stayed at and I have stayed at a lot. Extremely dirty and I still can't get over how they have the showers in the room with no privacy at all. The people in my room were gross and had obviously been staying there for weeks. They said they all work and live at the hostel. Some very dodgy characters floating around the place and th st includes the staff. Please do not stay at this hostel if you value your well being

• 5th Nov 2015
  • New Zealand

There a bit awkward at the reception few guys around all the time

The room was completely dirty! There wasnt toilet paper! I couldnt sleep all the night because there was a couple making a noise, a man coughing, and the fire alarm rang twice at night! The underground doesnt stop in kensal green, you have to take a bus in Queens park! Terrible! You have to pay 1,50 for the breakfast, and the womam who works there got the bread with her hands.

It's been a week since I stayed there and I still have present in my mind the horrific image of this hostel! Apart from being very badly frequented it's totally dirty . The price doesn't justify what you have to go trough! I do not recommend this hostel to anyone ! This is a " No No"!

• 24th Oct 2015
  • jndavidsilva5621
  • Portugal

Uncomfortable, the beds and pilow inadequate!

• 24th Oct 2015
  • Spain

Rude people. Unorganised.

• 23rd Oct 2015

Let me get to the chase. i would never go back to this hostel again even if it was the last and only hostel in the world. I would rather sleep in the streets than go to this hostel again in future. Its super dirty and when i went in to do my check in receptionist said to me that the hostel had been over booked because of error on the system and that i had to go and find another hostel elsewhere and this was at midnight late at night. In which case i told her what the hell ? and a fight broke

good hostel. lot of party

Wifi did not work, mattresses were foam pads, staff was rude and yelled at us for simply standing in line, did not take card and did not advertise this on the website so my friend and I had to walk to find an atm to get cash at two in the morning after waiting forever while someone without a reservation who arrived at the same time as us was helped first. Rules like no friends and no food in the rooms were not enforced, didn't even have to show our key to the doorman, felt very sketchy. Awful.

• 16th Oct 2015

WARNING!!! Keep away from this place, this not hostel but just squat!!! Lot of drinkers, junkies and thieves living there for long term!!! Staff dont care about nothing!!! Worst hostel what i see in my life!!!

that the guests can't pay by bank card.

Among others, the stuff is the worsest point of the hostel ! The hostel does not have a computer system for reservation, it is kind of chaos and mess. Also, it is not allowed to make extention, reservation on the internet (hostelworld)!!! This is one of the worsest hostel in my traveling experience.

Great experience in London and amazing experience in Hostel 639. Very professional staff and security!

Was placed in a 'mixed' dorm room, which consisted of 5 men who were at least 60 years old. Felt very uncomfortable being a 19 year old girl by herself, especially as the (horrible and cold) showers are in the room with very little privacy. I asked to swap rooms and after 2 days and constant complaining they moved me into a different room. Wasn't impressed at the amount of staff who entered the room on a daily basis, either 'cleaning' or looking for certain people.

Rooms are too small, 8 bed dorms are supposed to be 4 bed dorm rooms; The kitchen and refrigerators are being ... until 10 a.m. when people are already gone for work; So people keep food in the rooms despite the warning; it's smells; Computers are all out of order, sometimes television as well; You have to pay for them/Wi-Fi or even for to leave your luggage while checking in/out; On the site ad they say if you pay 5 nights you get one free - not true; don't refund deposit. Should be free.

I noted a lot of personal with staff, if they like or take to you, you are fine. I was told to return last jight L

• 30th Sep 2015

Hardcore !!!

WARNING THIS IS NOT A HOSTEL. If you are used to cheap mainland hostels then dont be fooled by the price. The place is disgusting and un-safe . DONT BE LURED IN BY THE PRICE. Its more cheap accomodation for locals than a hostel as such, completely un safe to the point they have to employ a guard. They also overcharged us, knowing at 11pm we would have no option but to agree. Booked 2 nights, paid for 4, stayed for 1. A complete and uter disgrace and thats after seeing my fair share of hostels.