Hostel 639 Reviews

639 Harrow Road, London, England

You definitely get what you pay for with this hostel. I arrived at the time that I said I would arrive, and my room wasn't ready because they were building new beds in it (around the luggage of the other people who were already staying in the room). Storage costs 1 pound per day, so I had to stay with my stuff until my room was ready a few hours later. Wifi is 3 pounds per day. I found the staff quite rude at first, with limited English-speaking abilities, and the hostel itself quite run-down.

I had to wait 2 hours for the check in , when i asked why the staff started to shout at me and reacting really rude, they spoke behind my back in other languages thinking i can't understand. Everybody was rude to me there, there was no internet connection , the bunked beds miserable without a ladder to climb . The shower is in the room and if there are people inside you have to be extra careful not to reveal yourself.

To improve the staff understanding and customer service, and great income, I recommend staff training. Otherwise, the staff and the security guards would be dragging the ho tel into enormous amount of compensation through the Court as they gain more recognition after improve their security and facilities.

Dirty and shabby. Really awful facilities. Some members of the staff were not very helpful either, or could speak English properly. I wouldn't recommend this place to anybody. Breakfast was cheap but poor, just toast, coffe and juice. The problem was that you had to share the same jam with everybody, people dipped their knifes into the same jar. I found it totally unhygienic.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Spain

They constantly over book rooms. This may actually be a good thing because my companion and I got upgraded to a private room, which is great, because the showers are in the dorm room, and pretty awkward experience all round. The hostel is critically understaffed, and so have to deal with a lot of complaints and this makes them brusque and rude.

The worst hostel of the world. Don't go there for your safe

• 23rd Oct 2014

This hostel is not value for money. (1) very noisy main road location. Also it is not sound proof. (2) mattresses worn out and old. With disturbing spring/coils. (3) shower in room very small. No other showers on the floor. (4) kitchen are self catering and very tiny. No tea bags, coffee, or even hot water cattle in upstairs kitchens. No cutleries, cups, glass etc. All other hostels do have these all. (5) TV lounge too narrow and with no fresh air. (6) cold and slow water in many taps.

• 16th Oct 2014

The staff were very rude.

• 15th Oct 2014

If you don't expecting much and you need to stay in London at low cost this would the answer. If you want to cook somthing you need to borrow cutlery from bar 3 floors and 50 m away. That is if you find your way by asking somebody. Very poor information labels which is essential on places with some people turnover.

No necessary, just hope that next time this hostel able to provide free internet service in order to allow resident able to make the work or itinerary easily. Thx

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

Dirty and awful bedrooms

• 14th Oct 2014

Dirty, staff weren't very friendly, location wasn't where it was made out to be and the fire alarm kept doing off in the middle of the night... Very annoying! But it was cheap, just wouldn't have wanted to stay more than 1 night.

When we arrived to the hostel, they said me that they changed to other hostel because there arent spaces, but I think that must said before this change. Too I paid breakfast and they said me that de havent got breakfast because there arent. Very very bad.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Spain

On the night of our check-in, we had to wait for an hour to talk to reception. When we finally got to our room, it was overbooked and disgusting conditions. The security guard tried to find other options but unfortunately they were terrible (ie, mattress on the dirty floor or sharing a mixed dorm. The last one wasn't an option because they had overbooked that room too). I'm actually relieved that we had to find different accommodation because I don't think I would have made the night.

Not clean at all. Bed linen hasn't been changed at all. Matress were dirty

• 8th Oct 2014

The hostel is quite far away from the centre, although there is a train stop nearby. The hostel is next to the old cemetery and even the hostel itself seems to be like a place for the death. The bed was rather uncomfortable and wifi is not free. Anyway, no one should have high expectations for such price, so overall I would say a good place to sleep for one night.

Very Nice with private shower tidy lot of toiletten I love to stay again its near by the metro kensal green you can choose the room with not near by the road to private from noise just said on the receptionist that you want a quite room with the group of 4 or6 just enjoy with cheap price to stay

• 24th Sep 2014

Lockers would have been fine for a better rating in security. However, it's worth the price and if you are looking for some cheap place for one or two nights which is not to far away from the center, this should be fine.

• 20th Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 31-40

The hostel is very far. The reception is very confused and messed up. There is no toilet paper in the bathrooms and the staff doesn't seem to clean the rooms after people leave 'em.

There were three problems that we faced: 1) No electric light was provided in our room. 2) Tissues missing in toilets for consecutive 2 days. 3) Drinking water was not available, had to buy a bottle every time.

• 19th Sep 2014