Hostel 639 Reviews

639 Harrow Road, London, England

Very friendly and helpful staff.

• 14th Mar 2015

I didn't have free breakfast like they wrote it. I agree with others opinion that this hostel has a lot of hidden fees (wi-fi, luggage etc). Hostel wasn't really clean. But on the other hand it was really cheap option, so you can't except much more :) I really like the idea to set 4 people in one room. It was much better then stay in a room with 12 people. And location is very good, close to the tube, still in zone 2.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Poland

Awful night. The staff is not polite and very unprofessional. We were given an occupied room instead of the private room we paid for. We were asked to wait 5 minutes until they could get the suitcases of the people out of the room (people who did not know they had been moved) but it was only 30 minutes later that we could go up. Check out is at 10 but someone knocked on the door at 9 for housekeeping and just entered without waiting for a reply (a nice surprise after a shower).

• 7th Mar 2015

very nice

• 3rd Mar 2015

hostel not acknowledged my reservation and took my £ 1 deposit ???

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Bulgaria

unfortunately you have only one staff and its impossible to answer the phone and service customers at the same time. I was expecting more than half an hour to be settled with my room and my key.

Smelled this time -not really clean. Sticky, sweet

Staff lack diplomacy, very slow checking process as all guest are hand written..very archaic. Security staff very confrontational with new arrivals. This is NOT necessary! Being on high street it's always noisy, even at 4am some guests played music into early hours (3.30 am) I didn't sleep at all. Would I return to Hostel639 ...NO I WOULDN'T. I will never refer anyone to stay at this place.

• 19th Feb 2015

hidden fees (wi-fi, luggage etc.) and power shortage.

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Romania

Cannot reccomend this hostel at all. Very very poor. Rude staff, dirty smelly rooms, WiFi is not free( you have to pay 3pounds), no kitchen equipment(you have to pay 5pound deposit to borrow their pots and pans ), dirty toilets. There is a shower in the room but you will have no privacy. The hostel is full of weird individuals, probably illegal immigrants. I say this place is not even worth the money. Do yourself a favor and do not go there. Very bad experience

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Czech Republic

I´ll never go back

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Spain

My sugestion is for you the organizer,so I was confused because you offer a lot of questions for them like 2 or even 3 questions about internet access,breakfast,laundry service...and just few of them clear say about the facilities.I want to see offwrs,facilities clear free wifi or how much have to pay for the internet;clear if its free or have to pay and what kind of meal then clear if its laundry and dryer free or how much it cost including waiting time,etc....

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Romania

Was very awful security very very rude

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Portugal

No Wifi, no breakfast (only if you pay extra), and the kitchen is basically unusable for normal style eating. But it is a place to stay at night, there was a shower in the room, which is good, the sheets were clean, but the matress has springs sticking out, and there is no ladder for climbing up the top bed (I felt like an acrobat). The location is excellent, very close to the tube, and I could book it cheap, even for the last moment, on Friday, so why complain?

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Hungary

I wos very imprest couse the staff wos nice , and the tiolets very goog and clen , as well the roms ,. i liket the couse undergraund is neer the roud.

• 29th Jan 2015
  • Romania

every think wos perfect , and i like the staf becouse they work hard and good. i enjoy the klining , and they wos very educated.

• 29th Jan 2015
  • Spain

Staff are unfriendly, Location is not too bad but you still need to catch a train to do anything, there is no atmosphere its like no one talks to no one, Still the cheapest hostel in London, if you are totally broken don't go there you've got pay for everything you do plus they try to get your key deposit with you lose your payment receipt even if you give the key back. Apparently if you don't have the receipt you can keep the key and they and they won't give you the money back.

• 28th Jan 2015

Overall for the price you can't fault it.

There was no warmth from the element in the room.

The reception staff was good but a security man woke me up by knocking at my door at one in the morning and said I should leave the hostel.