Hostel 639 Reviews

639 Harrow Road, London, England

Bad hostel. Many people in the room live there for long time. Every their goods and clothes are around the room and on my bed. No ladder to go to top bed,need to climb. I don't want to stay in this hostel again.

Nice hostel, well located close to the metro station. The staff was very nice and we appreciated to have a shower and a sink in our room. Perfect for the price :)

• 15th Aug 2014

I would strongly advise against this place. We booked it but it was so bad we didn't sleep there and slept on a friends floor instead. It took us an hour before we were "allowed" to check in. We were treated like naughty children being told what to do and how to behave (I'm 41). The room was filthy we asked for clean sheets which took another hour to arrive then the man who brought them said the dirty sheets weren't that bad just remove the old hairs and flick them on the floor and it would b OK

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Wales

the room is small and the shower is directly in it but if you just stay for the nights here its okay. beware of your stuff and always wear them with you because you never know. the breakfast is okay for 1,5 £ for each person. you get something to drink and toast withjam or chocolat cream. all in all it was okay so i can tecommend it to people who want to save money and dont expect to live luxury.

showers are in the room and sometimes there was no water left

Bad place to be !! Don't stay there if you have conditions to afford other hostel !! The place is a messy and completely dirty at all !! The worst thing is that the wifi does not work !!

Easy to get to (kensal green just around the corner); shower in the room you have to like; toilets were clean on second floor; room was ok, the beds are older so they are used. Over All the hostel was much better than the last time!

We stayed in a 8 person bedroom but there really should have only been 6 beds max. There was hardly any space to move around. Plus the beds are bunked without any ladders and it is difficult to climb onto the top bunk without disturbing the person sleeping on the bottom. I thought that for a 8 person bedroom it was overpriced.

Wifi was free for 3 days over the weekend and then without notice they wanted 3 pounds for internet.. DO NOT GO HERE... DO NOT ENDORSE THEM...

• 26th Jul 2014

Guys please be carefull!!!I dont know even how to discribe what a horror house it was!its so dirty!!!!!but when I open the door to my room I was in a panic!windows just on the busy road entrance!!!LINEN IS NOT CHANGED!shower(not shower room)just in the tiny room!and when one tramp women come back from somewhere and at 24.00 put the light on and start to wash herself,its allready became to much!!!I was waiting for 7.00 in the morning just to run from there!

The hostel is cheap but doesn't include breakfast. The area doesn't look really safety, with lots of immigrants and on a road with lots of noise and traffic. The hostel is at 35 minutes from the city center. The staff isn't really that friendly . The cleaning and maintenance could be improved. The dormitory rooms are quite small.

• 25th Jul 2014

This. Place. Was. Awful. I guess you can't complain too much given the price but I don't expect to have to walk through a circle of men at the door at all hours. Or to deal with a room hotter than satan's a**e with no AC or ventilation. Or sleep on sheets that make my skin itch after 1 minute of contact. Or to have the staff give exactly zero f***s about any of it. Also they made us move room because another party was coming in. Why not give the new people the room you're moving us to?

• 18th Jul 2014

The security was poor and having a shower in a corner of the room with nowhere private to dry was a bit unusual. It served its purpose as a bed for the night but if you want anything more you should look elsewhere because it just wasn't that nice in general.

I had to request my room, because they wanted to give me something different and it was very far from the centre.

Unsafe, and very far from city center. Best to find a different hostel in London other than this one.

• 12th Jul 2014

The staff weren't very friendly and any questions asked they didn't seem to be bothered. Wifi didn't reach the dorms. The beds were so squeky everything someone moved you woke up, the pillows were so flat I woke up with a sore neck. The shower switched from hot to cold continuously .

• 12th Jul 2014

This is a hovel not a hostel, bed bugs, rude and unhelpful staff, none of whom can speak English when u want to complain, blistering walls with paint coming off the windowsills and ants crawling along windows. Completely disgusted, checking hour and half late as room was not ready.

• 9th Jul 2014

slept like the dead at this hostel... enjoy!

• 9th Jul 2014

My sister and I were double charged and had to pay for 4 beds! We had booked 2 nights but because that it would cost 77 pounds and the hostel was definitely NOT worth that, we said that we just wanted 1 night. They charged us a weird amount of 38 pounds. The next morning we were told to check out at 10 in the morning and wait for the manager. We waited an hour. The staff were discussing the situation in spanish, which one of US understood and found that they were trying to find a way to cheat us

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

I stayed here for a night and found it OK. The hostel is located in front of tube station and you can get there very easily. The female dorm was also OK though I found a lot of rubbish under my bed. Most members of staff were not friendly nor helpful, and kind of rude to guests I'm afraid.