Hostel 639 Reviews

639 Harrow Road, London, England

The place is horrible... A lot of weird people. The atmosphere is awful. We had two days there, but we stay just one. In the room is just a little place to take a shower and it is not possible to block. The police went there at midnight because a problem with one of the guests. We heard the police passing by twice during the night. We heard people screaming in our corridor, so we stayed locked in our room scared. Just run away from this place!!!

• 29th Dec 2014

Very good place. I recommend at all.

Very bad condition of living, you need to pay for everything in that hostel (towel, key, lugages room, internet ...) kitchen was open just from 10 am to 8 pm after that they were closing it. You need to pay if you want to use their cooking stuff I can say from far that was the worse hostel in which I have been in my hole life and also the most expensive one!

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Romania

The hostel was not what it was supposed to be. There is no breakfast included. The shower was an improvisation, although hot. There was no organization with regards to the people coming in and out the hostel. The kitchen is very small and limited. That is a very inexpensive hostel close to an underground / overground station, but you can't expect comfort and a calm atmosphere.

one day I came in the evening and my room was clean meaning my things were nowhere to be found. When I went down to reception they knew nothing about it and there was a security guard who spoke no English. Later I found my stuff they had moved it as they wanted me to change room. they did not put a note on my door to change room early in the morning but they put a notice after I had left...

• 22nd Dec 2014

It caters to a certain 'clientel', noisy, esp at night. we paid 40 pounds per night for twin share, left after 2 nights due to atmosphere a little weird - plus a guy tried twice to come into our room - once being in the middle of the night. when we left they did not even ask why- we went onto central london and paid 55 pound for 4 star accom per nite - worth the extra 15 pound per nite.

• 22nd Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

Only stayed one night. I was able to get some sleep, and left with all my belongings. There was no soap in the bathrooms on my floor, or the next 4 floors down. The pillow was of a strange shape and consistency. I would have felt more comfortable if I wasn't travelling alone.

The room is not clean

Poor poor. only if you really have to.

Was pretty good, I've seen much worse other hotels

• 14th Dec 2014
  • Romania

Discusting. It should be forbidden hostels in these conditions. It stinks, it's dirty, the staff is bad, and in addiction to that internet and breakfast are not included in the price.

• 7th Dec 2014
  • Portugal

The dormitory room is very good. The beds are ok and the room in very clean. The hostel is in front from the underground and overground station, so move around London is very easy. The shower in the room in another advantage. However, some doors of the toilets did not close properly (I hope they fix that) and did not have free wifi in clearly a disadvantage. Besides that, it is a good hostel in a calm environment.

Cheap place but also low quality, very unpleasant odour in room and after return to home all my staff stank, dirty linen which wasn't changed after other guests;

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Poland

Have to pay in cash : only ATM charges 3£. Had to make 2 withdrawals because the hostess didn't tell me that I'll need to pay a deposit for the key as well. Lift doesn't work, no help for carrying the luggages instead. Quite dirty place. The key didn't work well. The bed moved a lot, I was afraid to fell. No toilets in the room. No place or closet to put our stuff. The shower is in a corner of the room, you have to be naked in front of everyone. No WiFi.

It is NOT ok for a staff member to demand someone to say hello/good morning to them, Especially if that staff member is Male and Currently Cleaning the Female Toilet facilities! It is scary and Harassment! The restrooms were filthy, as was the kitchen, I will never recommend or stay here again.

This is not a hostel. It's a refugees camp. If you are a desperate who is about to sleep under a bridge then it's the place for you.

CAN YOU BE NORMAL?DO YOU HAVE EVIDENCE IF I STAYED AT HOSTEL. MAYBE I CHANGED PLANS AND WENT IN OTHER PLACE?

There were several fire alarms in the night so it was impossible to get a good night sleep. There was blood on bedding sheets and in the shower. The doors did not seem to close properly.

Thought it was a bargain until we left before we'd even slept there because, and I'm not a snooty person, I've travelled the world and seen some stuff, it was a glorified homeless shelter

• 15th Nov 2014