Hostel 639 Reviews

639 Harrow Road, London, England

disturbing smell of strong chemicals or cleaning prducts. old doors, beds. NO wifi after 9 pm ?!

You don't need to use the keys to open the bedrooms. They don't lock. You can just walk into anyone else's room. Also make sure you screen shot the Hostels info bit otherwise they wont let you have the free breakfast that the info describes. The only shower is in your room, not an ensuite but actually in the room with the bunkbeds. So unless you don't mind people seeing you naked or you want to disturb people trying to sleep in the middle of the night then you can't have a shower.

The location of the hostel : its asset. However, cleanliness is not, as I was in a room where 2 girls were living for 6 months, there were dust, crumbs, papers, tissues, underwears and clothes on the floor, my bed hadn't been done so I changed the sheets. The staff don't explain where the facilities are at the arrival and are not very welcoming though some can be friendly. Staff is international so it 's an asset to help foreign people who don't speak English but I wouldn't recommend it .

• 17th May 2014

The place a little bit too gritty for me. The front desk was friendly, but everything was done on paper and charts--very archaic. Didnt like the atomosphere--kinds dirty. And it sucks that you guys only accept cash--i had to walk 45 minutes to find an ATM, esp. when one of the front desk personnel gave me a round about way of getting there.very confusing. Will not come back again!

Good hostel for a couple of nights (cheap), but a bit poor quality... We didn't have a pillow in our bed....

• 10th May 2014
  • Spain

No site dizia que tinha café da manhã e nao tem... é barato, foi meio assustador.... mas pro preço acho que valeu... funcionarios nao ajudavam muito. Fica em um bairro, o qie quer dizer que a comida perto nao é tao caro...

I slept in female dorm room and it was horrible. In same room living staff, clothes was everywere...my bed was very uncomfortible, the worst bed ever!!!! Thank god i was booking just one night there!

Just hope the check in can make it earlier and check out at 12 noon.

• 8th May 2014
  • Malaysia

DANGEROUS PLACE , last year We're being ROBBED when we slept , They used SLEEPING GAS !! in the morning we found our wallets on the floor ,some money was stolen . We all woke up with headache and no one knew what happened , i left my suitcase in luggage room for one night and my padlock was brocken ! .

There was a rave on the ground floor. They didn't accept cards even though we'd checked ahead to make sure they did. There was no wifi, even though they said they had wifi. People were smoking inside. There was a man openly dealing drugs outside. We got into our room and there was a hole in the wall. The chair was smashed & the window was shattered. The room was about 50-60 degrees at night, with no way to heat it up. We woke up and found a clump of hair (which was not our hair color)

• 25th Apr 2014

Worst hostel I've stayed in in London. They don't take card payments at reception which means you have to visit the only cash machine in the area, which charges you to do so. The part of town is remote and ugly. The only shower was in the dorm (I don't mean en suite, I mean in the corner of the room). Other guests would come in to the room at 2am, turn on the lights, chat loudly. The bedding was a thin blanket in a duvet cover, the pillow, who knows? Wifi is expensive and only in the cafe. Awful

Over booked our room that we had reservations for a month in advanced. Did not inform us prior to our arrival. They did however have another hostel for us to stay at. The hostel they had us stay at was clean but under construction so it was not comfortable. Also, they had only had three toilets, and only ONE of which had a shower. Enjoy haring one shower with 20+ other people at the same time? ya, no.

This hostel is very bad.

for me this hostel could be much cheaper, or it needs renovation, don't know what else to say

Hostel 639 advertise free breakfast as part of the price. However, when i went for breakfast the first morning i was told i must pay extra. I had to pay £1.50 for a continental breakfast of cerealtoast, juice and coffee. Admittedly this is not much, but it is a breach if trading standards. It is false advertising.

We arrived in the night and our pre-booked beds in the 8-beds dorm were taken by other people. After discussions and waiting for 2 hours (it was 2am in the end) we finally got a place in another room. "Security" didn't care at all, said there might be two strangers lying in our beds who weren't supposed to be there and the receptionists had a huge mess their bookings. Bathroon was very dirty, never before felt so unsafe in a hostel and I would rather pay 15€ more than going there again.

• 12th Apr 2014

absolutely terrible. do not stay here. saving the extra few bucks is not worth dealing with all the hassles!

• 10th Apr 2014

It s very cheap but it doesn't feel like hostel at all. Seem like lots of people staying there for a very long time. Dirty and uncomfortable. However you can't expect much with this price

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

A clean hostel with very good conditions. Price is good location

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Czech Republic

A very pleasant stay. A hostel with a train station very close is a good thing. Super Marchet close enough clean, good security. Worst part is that London is very crowded

• 29th Mar 2014