Hostel 64 Osaka Reviews

3-11-20 Shinmachi, Nishi-ku, Osaka, Japan

Quiet part of town, but very convenient location, close to station, places to eat & drink, Lawson/7-11 nearby & so on. Friendly staff & nice rooms. The people who stay here tend to be more chilled out, so if you want to avoid the occasional drunk Aussie, Brit or American, this is the place you want to stay at! Excellent value for money :)

This is very nice place to stay in Osaka. Staff is super helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean and I really liked the way how they are designed. The location is great (2 minutes by walk to the nearest metro station, 15 minutes by walk to Shinsaibashi, Amerikamura, etc.). In the hostel, you get a map with restaurants which was very helpful to actually try the local food, which was amazing.

Good location. Highly accessible with metro. The bed was spacious and comfortable. The lounge was cozy and well equipped. Staff spoke good English. Bigger in-room locker installed would be preferable.

Me and my wife love the decorate of the hostel very much, traditional and yet modern Japanese style!! Staffs are friendly, helpful and speak English very well.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

Loved this place! So stylish and comfortable and the  western rooms were huge! Would definitely reccomend to friends.

Osaka 64 is a great place to stay in Osaka. We stayed in a Double Room. Facilities were great, and very clean. It is easy to find and has a great reception desk with someone that can help you through the day time. Would defiantly recommend it and stay again if we returned. Overall a good stay for a couple, not sure about solo backpackers.

Awesome hostel, delicious breakfast offered, nice rooms, and the staff was incredible! They helped us reserve a show in tokyo and helped us retrieve a lost camera. Top notch!

Amazing Stay, Awesome Staff, Great location, Very helpful staff, Will use again

• 12th Feb 2014

I stayed just one night at Hotel 64, it was perfect to discover Amerikamura. I really hope to come back to Osaka one day, i'm sure i'll try to stay at Hotel 64 again ! The decoration is great, the rooms and bathrooms are very clean and the staff is welcoming. I really recommand this place.

• 7th Feb 2014

Massive room, more like a hotel, we loved everything about how the hostel looked. However, even though we were supplied with ear plugs, the continuously noisy aircon unit (?) outside the window stopped us having a good nights sleep. The bed was also pretty old and springy, although we might not have noticed that, had we slept well. Apart from that we loved the place, great breakfast and great staff!

Excellent Hostel

• 4th Feb 2014
  • Taiwan

Very nice and helpful staff. Looking forwards staying in Oaska 64 in coming trip.

walk to shinsaibashi within 20 mins!! The decorating is quite good, but the house is a little bit old. Though the staff try their best to help me, but still I can't use wifi for 2 days. I think it's not only my problem cuz my sister and another two travellers can't use wifi either. anyway will book again because of the awesome staff =)

Close enough to subway station, but it is not on the line which has access to airport; so if coming from airport or Kyoto, u will have to transfer. In a quiet residential area, thus it is hard to find something to eat at night. No kitchen, but other facilities are all right; especially the common area, very artistic and cozy. Staff r very friendly, and speak good English, which is quite helpful.

Good hostel, has most things you need. Great location with everything walkable. A little pricey for what it is. Staff very helpful. Had to fold in half to get through the 1m high interesting shower door.

Best hostel in Japan! The map they have of the nearby restaurants is also worth picking up. For great okonomiyaki nearby try the restaurant called 'suki'. I hope to return to hostel 64 again!

I was traveling on winter time and the shared bathroom on the lobby level was really cold.It did not have heat on sink and toilet area.

Good place to stay, value for money, a place I'll come back definitely.

• 18th Dec 2013
  • Spain

Thank you for your stay with us the other days. We set up Wi-Fi on each floor,so it is available in all rooms for now. We are happy to have the comments from our guests to make our service better and improve the management here.Thank you for your comments again.

Please make kitchen and if possible a lift as well. Thks

• 15th Dec 2013
  • Hong Kong

This place was fantastic!! The wifi isn't available in the rooms, only in the common lounge area. The service is wonderful- so friendly and helpful. The hostel is a 15 minute walk to Shinsaibashi- the party district. The beds are very comfortable! The rooms are spotless. The showers are spacious. I'd recommend this hostel to everyone. We had a wonderful time, and would definitely return!