Hostel 64 Osaka Reviews

3-11-20 Shinmachi, Nishi-ku, Osaka, Japan

Everything was wonderful, I would have given facilities an excellent, but wifi cut in and out a lot. Still, I'd totally stay here again!

• 19th Jan 2015

it was my first time staying at a hostel and i had such a pleasant experience! the location was convenient enough but especially the facilities were amazing! everything was so aesthetically pleasing and modern. i loved it.

• 17th Jan 2015

The private rooms with the tatami beds are amazing. Doors are a little thin, so you can hear the outside if other guests aren't mindful, e.g. slamming doors and talking loudly. There is a sitting shower here, definitely a must try!

We had a wonderful stay at Hostel 64! The interior is lovely and they play awesome music in the common area. Staff are friendly and helpful. Facilities are good and the room (triple private room) and bathroom were clean and spacious. It is not in a very central location, but very close to two train stations. Would highly recommend this gem!

Had a great stay at this hostel. Staff speaks good English and are very helpful. Good location: the area itself is nice and quiet, but its only a 15 minute walk to the Shinsaibashi main area. I recommend it highly! Only downside was no WiFi in the basement dorms.

Fantastic staff and the facilities are great. The Dorm is spacious and comfortable. The double rooms are large with plenty of space. Renting a bike at reception is cheap and highly recommended. a very good budget option.

• 5th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

Overall excellent! Staff friendly and accomodating. Clean and fairly convenient to get to. Recommended!!

Excellent! Recommended!

Reasonably good location, 5 mins walk from Awaza, 15 mins down the strip to Shinsaibashi. Excellent staff, very polite and helpful, maps, guides, suggestions for your itinerary. Stayed in a deluxe dorm. Beds are large, comfortable, separated by screens and curtains. Not a rowdy hostel at all but plenty of opportunities to meet other travellers.

Convenient location and easy access. Comfortable beds. Kitchen space is tiny. Common space is ok. Free tea and hot water but you have to pay Y300 for coffee.

We loved Hostel 64 - it was modern and had everything we could have needed, including homemade breakfast. Only a 5 minute walk to the nearest train station and/or grocery store. We also loved the books full of guest recommendations and the map of hostel recommended restaurants/bars/shops that they give you at check in!

• 23rd Nov 2014

the hostel better have a lift for the big luggage

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Indonesia

Bit further to get to, but definitely worth it- spacious and clean room, wonderful staff, friendly atmosphere, coolest showers - definitely coming again !

• 20th Nov 2014

Had a fantastic time at Hostel 64. Located far enough from the bustling city centre so as to feel secluded but not so far that getting to the best of Osaka (Dotombori, Amenmura, Minamisemba etc) feels like a chore. Staff were very obliging and the onsite bike rental was very convenient. I have been to Osaka many times and Hostel 64 has been my favorite place to stay by far! ありがとうぎざいなす!

Good place to stay in general. A bit expensive for the private room, but most options in Osaka of that kind are. We had ipad of our own, but the one provided for guests could be an extra if hpyou didn't bring one It can be a bit noisy, but we got good sleep.

Super cool hostel. Really well designed. Unfortunately the beds in the dorms were so uncomfortable and springy. Most expensive dorm accom I've ever stayed in so pretty annoying the beds were so crappy

• 31st Oct 2014

Just the best. I've stayed in hotels, apartments and hostels around Japan, and this place is still one of the very best that I've experienced. Such great value for money.

• 27th Oct 2014

The most luxury dormitory bed I've ever seen. Very nice staff, I stay in the lounge after i check out because my flight was late and i was tired of carrying my luggage and wondering in the street, and the staff just let me stay there the whole afternoon and when i fell asleep, the staff even covered a blanket for me. soooooo sweet......

• 25th Oct 2014
  • China

Perhaps the only budget design option in Osaka. I had a peek at a number of rooms and they are all quite large. The traditional tatami rooms are definitely the way to go, if you can get one. Not only are they more uniquely designed, but the futons are likely more comfortable than the terrible mattress we had in our western room (I could feel every spring and kept waking up with a numb neck and back!). Aside from the uncomfortable bed, and thin walls (they provide ear plugs), we enjoyed our stay.

The dorm here is amazing! It's like you have your own room really.