Hostel 64 Osaka Reviews

3-11-20 Shinmachi, Nishi-ku, Osaka, Japan

Perhaps the only budget design option in Osaka. I had a peek at a number of rooms and they are all quite large. The traditional tatami rooms are definitely the way to go, if you can get one. Not only are they more uniquely designed, but the futons are likely more comfortable than the terrible mattress we had in our western room (I could feel every spring and kept waking up with a numb neck and back!). Aside from the uncomfortable bed, and thin walls (they provide ear plugs), we enjoyed our stay.

Can really recommend this hostel. The staff are super nice, fun and extremely helpful. And the hostel itself looks really cool. I stayed in the dorm and it was a good experience. Location is great too. Only a short walk to some cool neighbourhood bars and restaurants.

This hostel is very nicely designed. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the staff were so helpful!!! I would definitely recommend it and would probably stay here again if we go back to Osaka. One slight downside is that because of the traditional Japanese style doors and such, it can be a tad bit noisy, even in the private rooms. Still, the cheap but delicious breakfast, great suggestions, and ambiance made it well-worth it!

The staff is very polite and helpful. I love them very much.

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Hong Kong

We loved staying here, a great place to kick off our Japanese trip.

The place is really nice and has this really artsy, vintage feel to it. Stayed in the private double room which is really cosy and bathrooms are really clean. Their bathrooms are themed with different types of showering facilities which I thought was really cool. However, as the floors are planks of wood, you can hear everyone walking up and down and noise isolation isn't that great. Also, there's no elevator, thus do take note if you have big bags.

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Singapore

hi !! it was very good !! I will certainly go there again! best regard

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Sweden

This place had a great retro atmosphere with a fun cafe/lounge in the lobby, and a cheap little breakfast we always got. The only real complaint we had was it was a bit out of the way if you prefer to walk, but it was one of the nicest parts of our stay in Osaka.

the room we stay is quite small as we expect. It's a Tatami room only for two. And light is not enough. They also don't have lift. But we live on second floor, which is fine. It's quite an old building, sometimes some guest will be quite noisy. But overall, it's a good experience to stay.

• 8th Sep 2014
  • China

I really enjoyed my one night stay here. The hostel was clean, comfortable, had big beds and had a traditional Japanese feel. While the location wasn't central, I felt safe staying there as a female traveling alone. I was able to walk to Shinsaibashi, nightlife central, in 15 or 20 minutes. The breakfast (~300¥) smelled great waking up to and was really yummy. Gooey rice bread, yumm! The bathroom for the dorm was small but clean. I will definitely stay here when visit Osaka again!

The staff was really friendly and helpful, felt very warm about that.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

My partner and I had a fantastic stay here, absolutely wonderful.

All beds were totally separated by curtains, and quite large for a hostel! Clean as everywhere in Japan, good atmosphere.

Mixed dorm in Japanese style is awesome!!

It was so good. all staffs are very friendly and kind. they are nice. also, it is located good to go to the center and the subway stn. but there is no lift also just key. its a bit dangerous for women.

• 6th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

I had a very lovely stay. Staff were very courteous and the atmosphere was very peaceful. Many thanks!!

was a comfortable, nice stay! Thank you!

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

Could spend an entire day hanging out at the common area, it's cosy and has a great selection of books on the shelf! Staffs are friendly, literally can become friends with them if I had a longer stay.

An more upscale hostel, which is reflected in the price. The facilities were good with the bed area being outstanding and the best shower I've ever used. I was in the basement room, which had one little downside as all the doors were left wide open during the day for cleaning allowing anyone access. Would stay again, this of course is Japan! :)

We stayed in a twin private for four nights in Hostel 64. The staff were amazing and so helpful, our room was a traditional japanese style, the atmosphere was a bit dead throughout the whole weekend we stayed which was disappointing but a minor issue for us, only a 5 minute walk to two train stations, 15 minute walk to Shinshibashi (the main shopping area). It was a great way to end our japan trip.

• 24th Jul 2014