Hostel 64 Osaka Reviews

3-11-20 Shinmachi, Nishi-ku, Osaka, Japan

I'll start by saying that this is a very nice, smartly designed hostel. Yes, a bit out of the way but still on a subway line in 15 min walking to cool areas. For some reason, the stay there didn't really work for me. The atmosphere was a bit too sophisticated and not really geared towards socialising and making new friends. Maybe it's because i was expecting too much with all the great reviews and lonely planet etc., but i think this hostel is a bit over-hyped.

Hello from Aus! Enjoyed my time a lot at this hostel. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Hope to see you all soon. Thank you!!

• 22nd Nov 2013

Great shared dorms, a bit more pricey than some places, but really comfortable. Cool designer interiors throughout, and great showers. Location, close to a metro station, but not really in the thick of things in the centre of the city. Probably about 30 mins walk to downtown where the famous nightlife is located. Was there mid week and it was pretty quite, , might get a bit more lively at the weekend. Staff very friendly and helpful, place seemed well run, clean and stylish.

Close to subway stations. Wasn't too hard to find. There isn't much to do around the area but it's possible to walk to nearby tourist attractions. WiFi only in common room. Not many people using the common room so it may be hard to meet people. Beds are large and comfortable but are seperated only by a curtain. Towel and ear plugs provided.

Thank you for your stay with us the other days. HOSTEL 64 Osaka is a small hostel which has been renovated from an old building built in 1964.We have not every items and facilities are new,but we are trying every effort to deal with the problems if there is any.We set up Wi-Fi on each floor,so it is available in all rooms for now. We are happy to have the comments from our guests to make our service better and improve the management here.Thank you for your comments again.

Hostel 64 was a great choice for my boyfriend and I! Even though there was a double booking our 1st night (make sure to email the hostel to confirm the booking thru hostelworld.com, because the website didn't reflect this double booking and allowed us to reserve a room that was already taken!) the staff was so gracious and set us up in the dormitory, which was still very nice. Our 2nd & 3rd nights were wonderful in the private double bed room, and we'd recommend this hostel to any and everyone!

This hostel has a boutique feel to it. Our room was very large with a big window and a small balcony. The room was a bit cool because there was no carpet. The door and walls to our room were quite flimsy, so we could hear our neighbours. The place is pretty quiet so it didn't keep us up, but it's not great for privacy. The common room was very cool, but small and there were never any people in it. It's a 20 minute walk to the popular Shinsaibashi area.

We stay in this hotel for the third time, and each time we really appreciate the place, and the mood. The staff is always very welcoming, and try to help you when you sollicitate them. A good address to stay in Osaka, near to the centre of the town.

• 9th Nov 2013

Hostel is OK. Not necessarily as it looks in the pictures. Wifi only available in the common room and not in your actual room. Shower and toilet facilities quite old as well as the room. However if you really arent too fussy this isnt a bad place to stay.

Super friendly and helpful staff, and a good price for a double room. also very close to the metro, even if it was a little hard to find. though the smell of urinal cake on the 3rd floor was a bit pungent but only effected the toilet

I had to leave hostel very early morning(06:30), but exit which was next to entrance was illuminated.

the massage chair was good

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • Indonesia

It's very comfortable and convenient place!

Will certainly go back.

Nice place. It has everything you need. Very good location at the center of Osaka.

Hostel 64 Osaka is the perfect mix of traditional Japanese and modern design. I absolutely loved spending my mornings eating the delicious breakfast and espresso (with free refills!) while planning my day's excursions. The bedrooms were cozy and well decorated, the shared bathrooms were clean and the choice of showers was an interesting twist. Hands down the best atmosphere I've experienced in a hostel. Would definitely stay there again next time I visit Osaka.

• 24th Oct 2013

Good design not far from subway station , quite area with good restaurant

像家一样的感觉,员工极好,在大阪这样的城市,能住上这样的Hostel是种幸运。

Best hostel I stayed at in Japan. The beds in the shared dorms are practically mini private rooms. They're double-beds surrounded by a kind of white tent. No bunk beds which is such nice break from the norm. Staff very helpful. Not much going on in the common area when I was there, but that just could have been the time I was there.

1 2 Next » last »