Hostel 7 Santi Reviews

Viale Dei Mille 11, Florence, Italy

This hostel is very far away from city centre, every day I have to take a bus in and out of town. Reception is very unhelpful that her personal phone call is more important than my queries, I stood there for 5 minutes until she addressed me with only one sentence answer and back to her call; the other receptionists are equally unhelpful, when I asked about day trips, they gave me only one word - SITA. So I spent an hour searching for information, timetable, bus station myself.

I found the hostel clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. I was given a free upgrade to a private room which in turn meant I didn't have to change rooms on the second night of my stay. I felt it a lovely gesture especially after not having had any space to myself over the duration of my travels. As mentioned in comments from other guests it was a bit of a hike to the center of the city, so this was no surprise, though think it a way to experience a more localised area.

Great staff! I can't express this enough. A few friends and I was on a two week trip that sent us through five countries and several hostels and this was by far the best accommodations and nicest staff we came across. I asked 1001 questions and they never hesitated to help. We had booked all three of us in a 8 person room, and they put us in a private 3 bed room which was not necessary but very nice and made our stay even more enjoyable. Great breakfast and right on bus line. Highly recommend!

good hostel. location is good. staff is friendly. clean room

Location close to the train station. Easy 20 minute walk or 5 minute bus into town. Buffet dinner was not great but good if you want something easy. Shared shower facilities were good. This hostel didn't have a great atmosphere but overall not a bad place to stay in Florence

1) There is no soap available in the toilet but on the other hand their toilet is ok. 2) I have been in a lot of hostels in UK. You will always find a place in the fridge to leave your food (we don't need to ask for that!). In the hostel 7 santi I had to show how big was my pack & if they could be nice to leave my food there. It's a bit embarrassing. 3) The money spent to share 4 beds is not that cheap. But on the top of that you need to pay for your breakfast. That is not nice.

It was nice. Clean facilities and nice staff. But it's little bit far from SMN station and many spots.

Very friendly and helpful staff, very welcoming. The location is a bit off the track, but the area is full of restaurants and cafes frequented by locals, so you get to enjoy the real Florence. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed there for 3 nights. It was a very comfortable stay. Clean sheet, clean towel, clean bathroom, warm water works perfectly. Friendly staffs would help you with city map and direction on how to reach all Florence's the tourist sites, which is not that far away from the hostel. Too bad the buffet dinner closed at 9. I recommend this hostel while staying in Florence.

I really enjoyed 7Santi. The old convent transformed is pretty cool! They had a buffet on for cheap

I enjoyed my stay here and found the breakfast and supper to be very good for the cost.

• 9th May 2014

A quite distant of the city center, but the bus ticket is cheap so it is ok.

The place was a little difficult to find, probably because some buildings in florence have 2addresses written on them. This place offers a really good buffet breakfast and dinner and a decent price and they have computers which you can use anytime.

It's a good place to stay, very calm and nice staff, but the location isn't very good. I don't have any other complain.

The hotel is a little far from downtown, but you can get there with a 20min walk, more or less. It is very clean, and they serve breakfast and dinner buffet for a very reasonable price. It's also very close to the train station Campo di Marte, which is not the main train station of florence but you can get there for 1.5 euros and takes about 5 min. WI would definitly stay there again!!

Decent hostel with ensuite toilet and shower in four person dorm. Free computers and printer for guests, and also a phone that allows free international calls. There is a large projector and they will show sporting events in the dining room. The buffet dinner is THE BEST value meal I've had in all Europe, all you can eat for 7 euro, it was amazing! Free glass of wine too. So worth it. My room mates said the hostel was overpriced.

Very cool place to stay. It is a walk from the city center but not bad at all. The area around the hostel is authentic and much cheaper than in the city. A nice place to stay in Florence.

Need more outlets and my friend and I booked two separate all girl dorms and at some point during our stay, it "switched" to a mixed dorm.

Only problem with this hostel is the location. To get the center you should get in bus. If its not a problem to you, its a nice and clean hostel.

The only problem is that it is very far away from everything and you need to take a 15 minute bus ride to get to the city center. Beside that it is probably the nicest hostel i have ever stayed at in terms of clensliness and atmosphere

• 17th Apr 2014