Hostel AVA Reviews

Trubarjeva 5, Ljubljana, Slovenia

We stayed in a private room, it was tiny, with only a skylight window and very very hot, we could not sleep.

Perfect location

No running hot water, terrible social atmosphere, confused rooms

It was really good, but there was missing a place were you could lock your stuff in!

Great location! Right off of the main square. Bathrooms were clean and our room had an amazing view.

Pros; Amazing location: right next to the main square and rivers edge. Everything in was well in walking distance and a 15 minute walk from the train station Good kitchen facilities (2 kettles!!! and lots kitchen utensils) Well kept hostel - very clean and nice rooms Padded door! Cons: Mattress quite thin (but was adequate - slept fine) No lockers (but rooms had locks and felt secure) Electric hobs were slow for coocking Overall: Lovely stay, would recommend!

We came with high expectations from looking at the pictures on here. However we were disappointed when we saw our room as it was nothing like the picture. Room in great need of painting and windows needed cleaning. It was not what we expected at all. However the location is perfect and we couldn't fault the staff

THIS HOSTEL SITS ON A THRONE OF LIES Reception open from 8am-11pm- no one arrives for check in until 2pm and go home at 10pm Kitchen facilities from 8am- Went to use kitchen at 9:25, was not open Pillows are grim, showers are not held on to wall, is like washing down a car more than a shower, very uncomfortable open plan mixed gender showers with only small curtain. Literally the only things going for this place is that the location is great and the wifi was decent the two days we suffered.

This hostel has the best price-quality ratio: location is excellent, rooms are just typical hostel rooms, there is enough toilets and showers, price is cheap and the staff is the best. The mattresses are not my favorite but for couple of nights they are just fine. Just remember to take with you earplugs: the church bells in Ljubljana city center are super loud. So remember this whether you stay in Ava or some other hostel in the town.

Where to start, the hostel said we could check in for about 8 and we arrived at around 7 but were then told we couldn't check in until one so we had to wait until then. When we checked in we asked about washing facilities and the girl said there wasn't any any due to the art exhibition that was on (why be a hostel an then put the visitor second for an art show, a pretty peculiar one at that). The Hostel itself was pretty creepy and the bells in the city centre made it impossible to sleep.

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Northern Ireland

The night of our stay the hostel held an art exhibition throughout the hostel. This led to people walking throughout the hostel between 8pm-12pm, often trying to get into our rooms thinking they were part of the art exhibition. To get the the bathroom or shower area I had to walk through people attending the art event and even had people try and follow me into my room afterwards. I imagine most of the time its reasonable hostel but on my night desperately sleep deprived it was a bit a nightmare.

Excellent location, lovely staff, clean room.The showers are quite hippy - mixed with no changing room.

Pros - Close to the station Price Cons - Wifi code is wrong Key wouldn't work in the door (was warned about this by other guests) Horrific beds Very loud area No lockers or anywhere for safekeeping Lots of stairs Paid for two nights but only managed one, left as soon as we could. Went down to reception to see if we could get a partial refund and it was empty. Very disappointed.

• 5th Jun 2015

Unfortunately, the room was just repainted, so it smelled a bit. Also, the bed was a bit hard (I felt the springs of the mattress).

I could feel all the springs of the mattress on my back and I consider that the thin duvet may not be enough. I had to borrow another one