Hostel Achalay Reviews

Morales 564, Bariloche, Argentina

Had a great stay at Hostel Achalay! Homemade bread and jam for breakfast was amazing. Good location. Staff were really friendly and helpful. Hostel had a really homely feel and we would recommend to anyone visiting Bariloche.

The staff are a delight and some of the most helpful people I have met travelling. They make bread every night for breakfast and you're allowed to roll out of bed whenever you want for it :)

• 18th Jul 2014

I really enjoyed my stay in Hostel Achalay. Everything was good, but the staff was amazing! They helped me a lot. They really know the place. If you are like me, like to do the things by yourself, you will love Achalay! They don't keep pushing tours to you and give you the info necessary to do everything you want!

A really friendly comfortable hostel. Amazing staff who know a lot about the area. Really great, clean kitchen and nice breakfast too! Rooms slightly small but kept clean, would like a lock on door but otherwise no other problems! Would definitely recommend!

THANKS! We really appreciate to be your host, Definitely it was our pleasure, take care!

My stay @ Hostel Achalay was great.. Staff is really helpfull place is very well organize. We had breakfast included with home made bread and jams were made too

• 12th May 2014

Thanks alot for your comment, we enjoyed your stay with us

The staff all like to gather around and talk noisily whenever you are on the phone or skype, yet when you skype at 7.30am in the common room, away from the dorms - breakfast is scheduled for 8, you get told to keep your voice down!! While cooking we found the staff all crowded in the kitchen to chat and were in the way... when we were eating our dinner we were told they needed the table, the only one in the kitchen area, when we lifted our stuff to eat on our lap they told us they wanted...

Great time, huge lockers, and the staff was awesome. Also the homemade bread was really great.

Thanks! We hope to see you back in the future, best regards!

Great hostel - you really know that these guys know the area and all recommendations they gave us were spot on. Really good vibe in the hostel and very helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. Could buy a beer there in the evening and chill out. Thanks guys, Thomas and Julia

Good place to stay, recommended! Few bathrooms...

Great hostel with good breakfast, nice staff, good internet and a nice atmosphere.

Nice small hostel above the main street in Bariloche. Nice and helpful staff. The rooms are small but very clean. The bathrooms definitely need a makeover. Breakfast is small but ok - like everywhere in Argentina (they do however make their own nice bread)

Hi, I`m Pablo the owner of Hostel Achalay. I really appreciate your honesty, we are in the process of makeover the bathrooms and also adding 2 toilets in the house. We hope to count with the bathrooms issue refurbished before November 2014, We are already working on. THANKS AGAIN AND HAPPY TRAVELLING :-)

I fully recommend it!!!

Easily one of the friendliest hostels I've been to with a great atmosphere, highly recommended. Owner lent me his jacket for a biking trip, they were flexible with my last minute cancellation of one night, homemade bread & jam, etc. Rooms are clean, bathrooms could use a makeover but I heard they're planning that. :)

the staff at Hostel Achalay are very helpful and genuinely enthusiastic about improving your time in Bariloche. the beds are comfy, warm and clean, and even have powerpoints for each bed, with a bedside light as well. homemade bread for brekky is delicious. all other facets of a good hostel are here. very nice of them to let me keep my luggage here for a few days in between stays and travel elsewhere. would highly recommend staying here, thanks so much guys! fi and ben (aussies)

Nice hostel and nice staff. Rooms are a bit crowded and there are too few bathrooms.

Thanks for writting us and let us know your impressions about Hostel Achalay. We appreciate your honesty. About bathrooms: we count with 3 bathrooms for 15 beds (local Goverment ask us 1 bath every 6 guests), anyways we are planning to add another 2 baths during 2014. Happy Travelling :-)

This is the BEST hostel in the world! We booked 3 nights, but stayed 11 days in Bariloche! Bariloche is a fun city. Pablo, the owner, is such a funny friendly guy, we had an asado night with his family and it was delicies! Everything about this hostel is comfortable and really awesome: the great beds, the clean toilets, the tasty breakfast, the helpful friendly staff... We miss this place so much, it is like family. We never felt so home while being away from home. Thank you for everything!

excellent hostel,good location helpful staff even made me an earlly breakfast,wifi very good

A good hostel in el chalten, spotless with good facilities. Owners are helpful and a large collection of dvds concert & movies are at the guest diposal. A very good deal but no breakfadt included (not an issue).

Hi! How are you?... sadenly for us your review is not about our hostel. We are located in Bariloche and our rate includes a complete breakfast with homemade bread, homemade jams, cereals, and fruits. We consider this hostel deserves to receive your review. Try contacting HW to correct the mistake. Best Regards

Very friendly and helpful staff. Nothing is too much trouble for them. Very chilled place

Homemade jams with breakfast, decent kitchen, good location. Staff is excellent, very helpful, in both spanish and english. Lockers big enough for large backpacks, and are given to everyone in your room. Internet is close to non-existent though and the computers are bad.