Hostel Achalay Reviews

Morales 564, Bariloche, Argentina

Very nice place and staff + very helpful. Definitely recommended.

• 17th Feb 2015

The hostel is quiet and clean and staff are helpful. it is fairly central, if perhaps a couple of steep blocks up the hill so don't drink too much at night!. the kitchen was OK, although the ceiling leaked a little, a minor annoyance more than anything.

Great hostel to stay in whilst in Bariloche. The location is ideal, all the staff were really friendly and helpful in telling you where to visit in Bariloche. The breakfast is all day and the beds are the most comfortable i have slept in in South America. I spent my birthday here also and they went the extra mile for it. Definetly would come back here again!

thanks man! we really enjoyed your stay with us... take care

The dorm was a little bit cramped with everyones bags and there weren't many bathrooms. But other than that it was good - lovely homemade bread and jam for breakfast.

Very nice place, I would definitely recommend it. Great staff, everyone was very helpful all the time.

Showers appear to be in a bad state, in some of there are no hot water at all. Very close to the city center, good price.

Hi dude, thanks for your honesty. I`m Pablo the owner of the hostel just to let you and everybody else know about it. One of the Bathrooms has the water taps inverted... BUT every bathrooms count with HOT WATER 24 hs. I assume the mistake and I personally will fix the inconvenience. Best regards

two blocks from the centre, comfy beds, comfy common area, staff are friendly and very helpful, and the loo has a bidet! :)

Very friendly staff, great atmosphere! Lockers in the rooms are missing.

Great room, great staff, great jam for breakfast, great environment. They made us feel welcome behind the duration of our booking. Highly recommended.

I had a wonderful stay at Hostel Achalay! It is cozy - felt like coming "home" in the evenings. And fresh-baked bread in the mornings! This hostel doesn't ignore the details, which makes it a very lovely place to stay and an even better group of people to be around.

• 6th Dec 2014

There is only 3 bathrooms in the hostel so there can be a Que. And the kitchen was quite small and missing some equipment. However the staff are great and good fun. Its in a great location, and the asado is fantastic! I had possibly the best steak ive ever had!

Hi! thanks for your honesty, just to let you know about bathrooms we are in the process to add 2 more bathrooms, we hope to finish them before April 2015. Please let us know by mail which equipment is missing in the kitchen to have the opportunity to count with them, we thought our kitchen is fully equipped. THANKS

This place is amazing. It's a home away from home. Staff are so happy to help you make the most of your time in Bariloche and the vibe is perfect. Freshly cooked bread, coffee and condiments for breakfast, spotless facilities and perfect location. One of my favourite hostels I've stayed at.

Great hostel, friendly atmosphere and helpful staff.

Phenomenal hostel! Loved my stay here. The kitchen and bathrooms get a little cramped, but all of the positives of the hostel totally make up for it. The highlight was, without a doubt, the increible staff. Pablo is the man! And the people he has chosen to help him out are the coolest, definitely worth going just for that.

It´s a must if you want to know the owner, a real follower of Boca football team! Very friendly stuff, good atmosphere, wifi ok.

If you like to just get away from the madness of hostel life for a few nights this is the place, very relaxed, friendly, clean, quiet hostel. It's situated away from the madness of Bariloche's Main Street but it's up a painful hill so if your walking up it with a big backpack on it's gonna be a challenge but it's worth it, nice big kitchen, very helpful and knowledgable staff that know the area well and where to go for good spots, can also book the bike ride around Lago Pierto Moreno from desk