Hostel Achalay

Fabulous 559 Total Reviews

• Switzerland, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
8th May 2017

Nice hostel, good wifi, kitchen and common area, super comfy beds, I would def. stay there again.

• England, Couple, 25-30
30th Apr 2017
6.0

Good location and staff were very helpful. However the basic double room was cramped and unnecessarily hot. Good selection for breakfast.

Thanks for your comment. we will try to solved the heating... sometimes is not easy for us because is a Central Heating for the house and other guest are frightening... some ones ask us more heating and others no so much. I already contacted a professional guy to see if we can find a solution for everybody. Thanks, we really apreciate your honesty, it help us to learn from our mistakes

14th Apr 2017
6.6

Solid hostel in Bariloche. Breakfast was homemade bread, a selection of jam, and coffee/tea--would have loved to have something with a bit more substance. Bed was comfortable, but the top bunk creeked very loud each time the person moved. Water pressure in the shower was nonexistent, and the wifi could only have a certain amount of people logged in, so you had to wait until someone logged out on their phone. Staff was nice and knowledgeable about things to do in the surrounding area.

Hi, thanks for your honesty! We will check the items you have mentioned. We already bought a new router, which can support 100 users simultaneously for our 20 beds hostel. I personally will check beds and water pressure to fix it as soon as possible. thanks for choosing us

• Australia, Couple, 31-40
3rd Apr 2017

This has to be the best hostel we have stayed in . Felt just like home. Kitchen is awesome, beds are comfy and the staff are so friendly and help with your every need. They even ordered us a taxi to the bus stop as it was raining! Location is perfect and close to town. We recommend Hiring bikes and doing one of the rides! Also a great place to relax with great wifi! Thanks guys we loved it ! Ps the bread they give you for breakfast is amazing!

thanks for your comment, it helps us a lot and take us to keep improving for being better each day. The best somebody can tell us is "felt just like home"... take care

• England, Female, 31-40
29th Mar 2017

Generally a good hostel, well located for town, staff very helpful and nice. Good breakfasts. However, beware there is a group of locals that live there that affects the atmosphere. Plus small children crying day & night. I didn't find it at all sociable and in fact felt out of place when a big group of them were cooking dinner etc that seemed to be friends of the employees - fine if you include guests but they didn't make any effort to. Even harder if you don't speak Spanish.

• Scotland, Female, 31-40
24th Mar 2017

A lovely, cosy hostel with super friendly staff. Some facilities are a little worn around the edges but the place is very clean. A relaxed and lovely place to stay.

12th Mar 2017

I would say for the all the hostels I have currently visited in Argentina and Brazil, Hostel Achalay is the best one I have been to. The staff here are simply amazing and will help you with anything you need day or night. The location is great being in the centre of the town, with bars and restaurants close by. The hostel has a list of a full range of activities which they will book for you plus a good knowledge of areas to visit yourself. Definitely the place to stay if in Bariloche.

• England, Female, 25-30
10th Mar 2017

Super helpful staff. Went out of their way to help me sort out my buses when I didn't even ask! They were also very relaxed when I ended up arriving at 4 in the morning due to a delayed bus. Very relaxed and friendly atmosphere, perfect English. Served fruit at breakfast! Thank you for a lovely stay!

• England, Female, 25-30
6th Mar 2017

The staff were really accommodating when my bus was delayed meaning I arrived at 4:30am and my bed had been given away (my error whilst trying to inform them I was going to be late). The receptionist sorted out a sofa for me and as soon as there was a bed free they let me move to it. The beds were really comfy and having a real duvet felt amazing after so long with scratchy blankets in other areas of Patagonia. The only area for improvement would be that the bathrooms are a little tired.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
4th Mar 2017

Nice hostel, clean washrooms, and good kitchen. Very nice staff. The only possible "con" was that the beds were so squeaky it was hard to sleep.