Hostel Achalay Reviews

Morales 564, Bariloche, Argentina

friendly staff and good facilities. Shame about the lack of atmosphere, hard to meet young people like ourselves as the place is overrun by over 50s, maybe an age restriction would help. Has a funky music theme throughout with drinks at reasonable prices in the fridge so could have a good time here (with the right group of fellow travellers!)

We had a great time at Achalay, cool atmosphere and friendly staff. I definitely recommend it!

The hostel is kept very clean. The owner and staff are very nice and helpful seem to want to be there. The kitchen is well equipped. The biggest, stainless range I have seen in a hostel. They make fresh bread and coffee every morning and have some fruit. Lockers are big enough for a pack. It is close to town and tiendas. The beds are very soft and have down comforters. The pillows we lumpy. You can take city buses to the different hikes. Same bus card as BA. We enjoyed our stay.

The staff are so nice, great location, great rooms. Would stay again,

Immensely enjoyable hostel because the staff are terrific here and so warm. They really care about making your stay enjoyable and including you. Some places can feel a bit snobby to a solo traveler but this place is super welcoming and you will make friends quickly and easily. I liked Bariloche far more than I expected so I would advise you to book more time here than planned because it's popular and you might find that you want to extend your stay but cannot because it's already booked.

I love the garden in front of hostel. They bake their own bread and make own jam for breakfast.. Staffs are helpful.

Nice hostel in a good location. Staff were helpful with things to do locally. Dorm rooms were good size but beds were old. Good breakfast and clean kitchen.

Thank you a million times for a wonderful stay - and a New Year's Eve party to remember :))) Ciaooo!!

Big hearted staff interested in helping to make sure your visit to Argentina gets off to a good start.

The staff were extremely helpful when I had questions about what to do around Bariloche. I also had to leave early one day and one of the staff members woke up early to put breakfast out early, which was much appreciated. I very much appreciated that each person in the dorm had their own individual locker. I had a wonderful stay here!

Really great hostel. Staff were awesome. Had a lot of time for everyone and great knowledge of the area. I can't remember his name but the Mexican guy was really helpful, cemented some of my thoughts on my trip down south, thanks for that. Great atmosphere, met some really cool people. Kitchen well equipped. Breakfast was good. Beds were comfortable, charger for each great too. Lockers too. Great vibes, 10/10 would return

We loved this place. The staff was very friendly and super helpful, within 20 minutes of arriving they had helped us plan what to do for our 3 days in Bariloche. We would go back if we ever return to Bariloche!

• 11th Dec 2015

This was so far the best hostel on my trip to Patagonia! The staff very extremely warm and welcoming and made you feel like a part of their family straight away. The kitchen was extremely well equipped and the breakfast was great. A really great hostel in a very convenient location!

• 1st Dec 2015

The best Hostel i have encountered so far anywhere in the world. Pablo, Flores and their crew are just the best, friendliest guys/girls you could imagine: always in a good mood, very helpful and most of all just like a big family with an even bigger heart who lets you feel like your at home. I can only recomend it to any traveler going to Bariloche.

Absolutely loved staying at Achalay! Besides the hostel itself being a very cool place to call home for a few days, the staff were beyond fantastic! We had so much fun during our stay (thanks to the staff's recommendations), that we extended our stay an extra 2 nights. Should we ever be in the area again, we will definitely be booking our stay at Achalay.

Quaint place with a fun, young vibe. VERY basic place. Bathrooms could use redoing for sure. Staff is very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Overall it is a functional hostel and decent for the price.

Had an amazing stay in Hostel Achalay. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful, making sure we got the most out of our time in Bariloche. Beds were very comfortable and the kitchen was excellent. Would definitely recommend this hostel.

The most comfortable beds of any hostel I've stayed at in Argentina

Staff are so nice and helpful here. Really relaxed and chilled out vibe with no strict times on breakfast! So close to centre of everything and lots of info on activities etc to do, would definitely recommend staying here!

This was the best hostel I have stayed in my six weeks in South America! The staff are absolutely exceptional, so friendly, inclusive (solo traveller), and knowledgeable about the area. Very clean, good rooms and lockers, well equipped kitchen... Comfy and cosy common areas. Was sad to leave! Achalay made Bariloche a highlight of my trip. Thank you! :-)