Hostel Achalay Reviews

Morales 564, Bariloche, Argentina

Great hostel with good atmosphere and good value for money. Staff were helpful and friendly. Free breakfast which goes on till whatever time you want it! Shame the twin room was bunkbeds but it was still fine.

Hostel Achalay has been like staying with family. The staff are incredible, the atmosphere is fantastic, and the location is great- only a few blocks from the centre of town. It is impecably clean, there are big lockers to keep your stuff, and rooms are far enough from the common area that sleep is achievable (and the beds are super comfy). There are computers available for use and wifi is everywhere. I would come back for sure, in fact, am having trouble leaving!

What a stay !! I highly recommend this hostel, the staff is awesome and you feel like a big family. Full of good advice and the area is beautiful. Must go !

The staff is really friendly and there is a great atmosphere in the hostel. I met some really cool people and will definitely recommend this hostel. There could be more bathrooms but this is a minor inconvenience. Pablo and the rest of the crew was excellent.

• 27th Mar 2015
  • South Africa

Staying at Hostel Achalay felt just list staying at home. What a great place to come back to at the end of a hike, or during the afternoon for a rest! The owner Pablo and all the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. Homemade breakfast is delicious, beds are super comfortable, and showers are great. The small size of the hostel also means that all the guests are very social. Would definitely recommend a stay here! Thanks for everything, Achalay!

• 26th Mar 2015
  • US Virgin Islands

We loved our double room with private bathroom, just perfect. The staff is very welcoming and friendly. We appreciated the freshly-baked bread and homemade jam. We highly recommend this hostel because of the staff, the location and facilities.

Nice hostel, very very friendly and helpful staff!

Fantastic staff, extremely nice and helpful.

Very nice place and staff + very helpful. Definitely recommended.

• 17th Feb 2015

The hostel is quiet and clean and staff are helpful. it is fairly central, if perhaps a couple of steep blocks up the hill so don't drink too much at night!. the kitchen was OK, although the ceiling leaked a little, a minor annoyance more than anything.

Great hostel to stay in whilst in Bariloche. The location is ideal, all the staff were really friendly and helpful in telling you where to visit in Bariloche. The breakfast is all day and the beds are the most comfortable i have slept in in South America. I spent my birthday here also and they went the extra mile for it. Definetly would come back here again!

thanks man! we really enjoyed your stay with us... take care

The dorm was a little bit cramped with everyones bags and there weren't many bathrooms. But other than that it was good - lovely homemade bread and jam for breakfast.

Very nice place, I would definitely recommend it. Great staff, everyone was very helpful all the time.

Showers appear to be in a bad state, in some of there are no hot water at all. Very close to the city center, good price.

Hi dude, thanks for your honesty. I`m Pablo the owner of the hostel just to let you and everybody else know about it. One of the Bathrooms has the water taps inverted... BUT every bathrooms count with HOT WATER 24 hs. I assume the mistake and I personally will fix the inconvenience. Best regards

two blocks from the centre, comfy beds, comfy common area, staff are friendly and very helpful, and the loo has a bidet! :)

Very friendly staff, great atmosphere! Lockers in the rooms are missing.

Great room, great staff, great jam for breakfast, great environment. They made us feel welcome behind the duration of our booking. Highly recommended.

I had a wonderful stay at Hostel Achalay! It is cozy - felt like coming "home" in the evenings. And fresh-baked bread in the mornings! This hostel doesn't ignore the details, which makes it a very lovely place to stay and an even better group of people to be around.

• 6th Dec 2014

There is only 3 bathrooms in the hostel so there can be a Que. And the kitchen was quite small and missing some equipment. However the staff are great and good fun. Its in a great location, and the asado is fantastic! I had possibly the best steak ive ever had!

Hi! thanks for your honesty, just to let you know about bathrooms we are in the process to add 2 more bathrooms, we hope to finish them before April 2015. Please let us know by mail which equipment is missing in the kitchen to have the opportunity to count with them, we thought our kitchen is fully equipped. THANKS

This place is amazing. It's a home away from home. Staff are so happy to help you make the most of your time in Bariloche and the vibe is perfect. Freshly cooked bread, coffee and condiments for breakfast, spotless facilities and perfect location. One of my favourite hostels I've stayed at.