Fabulous 431 Total Reviews
Fabulous 431 Total Reviews
Hostel Achalay Located at Morales 564, , Bariloche.
Argentina
Bariloche 8400 Morales 564
89% 431
-41.1371829 -71.3104748
    Rooms available

• pedropmcr1335
  • Portugal, Couple, 31-40
28th Apr 2016

Really friendly. The breakfast was good and they will prepare it at any time, even at 6:30 am!

• England, Male, 18-24
14th Apr 2016

Probably the best hostel I've stayed at in Argentina, a great atmosphere and cool hangout areas, amazing handmade bread and jams in the morning, super friendly staff to help and hang out with, especially the amazing Luciana who took us on incredible trips every day I was there. Highly recommended hostel!

thanks!!! you will be always welcome! it was a pleasure to be your host

• USA, Male, 25-30
8th Apr 2016

Best hostel in SA! They have comfy beds, hot showers, it is clean, really good breakfast, and there's a good kitchen. But the main reason why I loved this hostel was due to the awesome people working and volunteering here. They are so eager to give you information about everything you can possibly do near Bariloche, and when I had to leave at 5 in the morning they went out of their way to make sure someone would get up super early to have breakfast set up for me before I had to leave! So cool!!

• Switzerland, Female, 25-30
6th Apr 2016

Great staff! You feel very welcome at this place. The beds are comfortable. At breakfast you get homemade bread and jam! The living room is not very big, therefore it is a bit crowdy sometimes. I felt really comfortable and would go there again.

5th Apr 2016

One of the most enjoyable experiences I've ever had at a hostel was at Achalay. Some of the friendliest & hardest working staff I've ever come across. A mix of nationalities & everyone was multi-lingual. Great breakfasts with homemade jams as well as homemade breads & if you're lucky the staff will even make other goodies (brownies with raspberries are to die for!). Shout-out to Luciana, Edwin, Jen, & Pedro for their constant helpfulness, friendliness, and never failing to make me laugh or smile

5th Apr 2016
7.7

Cons: Bad wifi. Dusty floors. Staff often using kitchen. Poor hot water. Loud music played in reception. Pros: comfy beds w light + power. Decent kitchen. Friendly and helpful staff. Central location. Overall a pretty good hostel, but definitely not the best in Bariloche.

Hi, thanks for your honesty... we have read your review and we really apretiate every thing you`ve said. We are working hard to be better daily. We have changed the internet provider because we had no service for a week (the week you have stayed with us), we have talked with housekeeping also about the dusty floors you have mentioned and Staff know about music volume now... Every constructive review help us out to "fix" service details. "BUEN VIAJE!!"

• Philippines, Female, 25-30
3rd Apr 2016

staff is one of the best i've encountered in argentina. great homemade breakfast too! only issue was it didn't feel so clean when i found a random earplug on my bed when i woke up. wifi and shower room (shower's know kind of broke down) not the best too but overall experience is great. i guess the staff and the breakfast is the main highlight of the hostel.

• England, Male, 31-40
25th Mar 2016
6.0

Nice hostel in great location. Very brief stay but staff are really friendly and very helpful. Upstairs bathroom was very bad and shower not fixed to wall. Breakfast was very basic but overall nice hostel. Bit of work on rooms and gutting upstairs bathroom and would be even better

Thanks for your review! just to let you know, we finally have fixed the upstairs shower to wall and we add it a shower bulkhead. We will check our breakfast, we thought we had a very nice breakfast with homemade breads, homemade jams, cereals and fruits, anyway we will ask to other travellers to learn what can we add to can provide a better breakfast. best regards

• Canada, Female, 25-30
24th Mar 2016

I would recommend staying here! Staff was friendly and helpful - they have lots of information about the city and activities to do! Walk to city center, bus stops and restaurant within 10 minutes of the hostel. It was very clean and I loved the all day breakfast... only thing there coukd be more bathrooms but it is a small and cozy hostel and I would stay there again!

21st Mar 2016

The staff here is some of the best I have encountered anywhere in the world. \ From the beginning of my 5 day stay until the last minute I left. They do everything you expect from a top hostel. They have great advice without making you feel they are selling you something. They go out of there way. For example, I had an early bus so they arranged to make sure I had breakfest early. So much more. The girl from Argentina was the best. The owner was also fantastic.