Hostel Achalay

9.0
Superb 540 Total Reviews

• Scotland, Female, 31-40
24th Mar 2017

A lovely, cosy hostel with super friendly staff. Some facilities are a little worn around the edges but the place is very clean. A relaxed and lovely place to stay.

12th Mar 2017

I would say for the all the hostels I have currently visited in Argentina and Brazil, Hostel Achalay is the best one I have been to. The staff here are simply amazing and will help you with anything you need day or night. The location is great being in the centre of the town, with bars and restaurants close by. The hostel has a list of a full range of activities which they will book for you plus a good knowledge of areas to visit yourself. Definitely the place to stay if in Bariloche.

• England, Female, 25-30
10th Mar 2017

Super helpful staff. Went out of their way to help me sort out my buses when I didn't even ask! They were also very relaxed when I ended up arriving at 4 in the morning due to a delayed bus. Very relaxed and friendly atmosphere, perfect English. Served fruit at breakfast! Thank you for a lovely stay!

• England, Female, 25-30
6th Mar 2017

The staff were really accommodating when my bus was delayed meaning I arrived at 4:30am and my bed had been given away (my error whilst trying to inform them I was going to be late). The receptionist sorted out a sofa for me and as soon as there was a bed free they let me move to it. The beds were really comfy and having a real duvet felt amazing after so long with scratchy blankets in other areas of Patagonia. The only area for improvement would be that the bathrooms are a little tired.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
4th Mar 2017

Nice hostel, clean washrooms, and good kitchen. Very nice staff. The only possible "con" was that the beds were so squeaky it was hard to sleep.

23rd Feb 2017
7.7

Very nice hostel although it was little expensive for what you actually get.

• England, Male, 41+
14th Feb 2017

I loved this place. I was travelling on my own (Feb 2017) and got a top bunk in a 4-person mixed dormitory. Everything was great. The bed was comfortable, the shower/toilet at the end of the corridor was clean and pleasant, the staff were really friendly and helpful and the location was perfect - just up the hill from downtown Bariloche. You could go out and get something to eat and then stroll up the hill and chat to people before going to bed. All in all RECOMMENDED

• Germany, Female, 18-24
5th Feb 2017
7.4

bit of a walk up from the city centre. only 2 tiny bathrooms which weren't too clean. decently equipped kitchen. friendly staff.

30th Jan 2017

Great owners!!! They really care about you and try to make you happy in whatever they can !

25th Jan 2017

We absolutely loved the staff, vibe, and location of Hostel Achalay. I was so sad to leave my "home away from home."