Hostel Alamo Reviews

Necochea 740 Ciudad, Mendoza, Argentina

Great place, friendly staff. Súper buena onda.

• 30th Aug 2015

The hostel was ok, the beds are so thin I nearly fell out multiple times. Couldn't get my iPad connected to the wifi. One thing that did annoy me was for a wine tour they booked for me it later transpired I had been charged 50% more than others on the same tour. I understand that the hostel needs to make money but a 50% increase in the price just for them to book it seems a bit excessive. Overall a nice clean space in a good location.

What a hostel! Location is exactly where you want it: in the centre, but in an area that is quieter so you get a good night's sleep. You can walk from the bus terminal, but recommend a taxi which is cheap. Excellent value for money.

We were only there for a short time, but the staff were very accommodating and knowledgeable. Also, the breakfast was more generous than most hostel breakfasts I've had.

Great place- you know it's good when really, the only complaint is that the cleaning staff insisted on cleaning the bathrooms at the same time in the morning as everyone is trying to shower.

Great place in a wonderful location. The staff were super helpful. Thanks again!

Great Hostel, very clean and comfortable!

• 15th Jun 2015

I would describe our stay at Hostel Alamo as mediocre. After reading reviews on Hostel World describing Hostel Alamo as one of the best in Mendoza, we were left feeling underwhelmed. Staff was unhelpful at best and actually bordered on rude. That being said, the hostel itself is nice and I have no complaints with the facilities.

• 25th Apr 2015

Really nice hostel in Mendoza! Within walking distance to everything (except the main bus station if you've got a lot of luggage) and nice, clean facilities. Outdoor parilla is awesome as well as the dining room. Great for meeting people during the evenings (with some wine!) Staff were always there but not super friendly or willing to help. Thankfully everyone staying at the hostel helps each other out :) Great for a quiet, comfortable stay in Mendoza!

- Poor rooms: really small and humid, stinky and noisy. We woke up at 5am because the staff was doing sth in the kitchen. - No internet in the rooms, only in the common areas - Hostel governance: Too many regulations in the hostel which are really unnecessary and give you a strange feeling - Breakfast only until 9:30 +The backyard is cool, you can use the barbecue and there is a small pool available. + There is a big supermarket really close.

Helpful staff, great private double rooms (although bathroom is tiny - has everything you need though).

Myself and a female friend stayed here for 3 nights- our highlights were the bbq outside, the mini pool (once they'd emptied it and cleaned it) and the cleanliness of the whole hostel. What let it down was the breakfast- only usually bread left if you weren't the first to make it down.

The woman who checked me in was unfriendly and did not make me feel welcome. She seemed annoyed to answer the most basic of questions. I was informed that the only way to lock up my valuables was to bring my own lock, but I had not seen this information anywhere on the hostel's website. They didn't have locks to borrow or purchase. Since I was staying in a dorm room, I had no way to protect my valuables over night. Luckily nothing was taken. Everything else about the hostel was fine.

This is where you stay longer that you planned to, the kind of places that make you feel at home, enjoy the city so... The capital of Chile at his acme. Stay there !

Staff were very reluctant to help with information about any tours that they were not earning commission on, found them quite rude and unhelpful. Rooms were also uncomfortably hot. Would not recommend this hostel.

• 9th Mar 2015

Hola! Unfortunately, we don't have information about companies that we don't work with. It's not that we don't want to give information, it's that we just have information from these companies wich we have been working with for ten years now. Regarding on the rooms temperature, if it's 32º outside at night, it WILL BE HOT EVERYWHERE. You could have payed a private room with aircon if you were not satisfied with the cheapest dorm that you booked. We have other options and not dorms!

Ok hostel. Rarely changed the toilet bins when we were there. Staff were happy to do their job when there were no issues, otherwise they treated people poorly

Clean dorm, great breakfast, nice community areas, near a supermaket, easy to walk to the center.