Hostel Alamo

Fabulous 805 Total Reviews
Fabulous 805 Total Reviews

11th Mar 2017

Fantastic place! Incredibly comfortable, nice and helpful staff, good and early breakfast. It's not a party hostel, but Mendoza is more about doing fun stuff during the day anyway. Would 100% return.

• Australia, Male, 41+
4th Mar 2017

Excellent staff and fantastic quality and value

3rd Mar 2017
7.4

Booked this hostel in its Lonely Planet recommendation and found it to be a bit disappointing. Location is good but the dorms were pretty short on space and they charge you extra to use facilities after check out which always seems a bit tight.

• Scotland, Male, 25-30
3rd Mar 2017
8.0

Good hostel all round. Only annoying thing was the day I left. My bus to my next stop wasn't until night time. They said I could leave my bag there, but it would cost 20 pesos if I wanted to use a locker, and 100 pesos if I wanted to stay in the hostel during the day! I've never been charged for this in any other hostel so far on my trip.

25th Feb 2017

The hostel: The patio was great. The pool is more to put your feet in - it's very small - more like a hot tub that isn't hot. Overall, it was good. The staff was very nice but didn't seem to know a lot about activities around. Good location. Apartment: The one bed/studio apt was located in a large apt building on Plaza de Independencia. Functional kitchen, good bathroom. We enjoyed having an apartment for 6 nights - just a few more dollars than private at hostel.

20th Feb 2017

A great place. We really enjoyed it

• USA, Female, 25-30
17th Feb 2017

My friend and I booked a two bed apartment. The apartment isn't located on the property, but down by Plaza Independencia. We were taken over there by the owner about 30 min or so after we arrived. There was only 1 bed despite my booking for 2 but the owner brought an extra twin bed. The space was very clean, staff is very responsive. The wifi did not work our entire 3 days, but that's the wifi company's fault. We also did a simple wine tour for cheap thru the hostel. Would stay again!

• England, All Female Group, 31-40
5th Feb 2017

Spacious dorms, clean kitchen and helpful reception staff. Rooms had lockers for your personal items and the place felt safe. Breakfast was much more varied than the bread/toast we'd got bored of from other hostels! My only concern was when we asked to have some bus tickets printed the receptionist did this on the back of an ex backpackers personal details form (name, address, passport number, email etc) - I wouldn't want my details to be passed on in that way!

• England, Female, 25-30
20th Jan 2017

I really enjoyed my stay here. Very clean, staff helpful, lovely relaxed atmosphere, perfect garden area and pool. Highly recommend.

9th Jan 2017
8.0

I thought the hostel was good. It was really hot when we were there and only the communal areas are air-conditioned. The other complaint we had was that there was a high people to bathroom ratio; in the morning it was hard to get a bathroom. Breakfast was good and the staff were very helpful.