Hostel Alamo Reviews

Necochea 740 Ciudad, Mendoza, Argentina

I would have used the pool more if it was cleaned.

• 3rd Feb 2016

Probably the best quality hostel I've stayed at since travelling in Peru, Bolivia and Argentina for two months. Not the most extensive trip through South America but enought to compare. It does cost more here, as does everything in Argentina but my double room witb ensuite was hotel quality for a third of the price. The common areas, dining area and courtyard (with small pool) are excellent. The staff are helpful and it's very clean and organised.

Great stay but very hot and no air conditioning! Ceiling fan made little difference. Other than this cute hostel lovely courtyard and mini pool!

Hostel was very social had a wonderful stay here without it being too crazy party and still able to relax. Staff however were a bit rude and not too interested in showing guests to their room or of the facilities or what was in the area. Also charge you for lockers the next morning after you check out or for physically staying the hostel area after check out costs which is obscured. Otherwise the hostel is nice with a pool and bbqq area.

Thank you guys, the stay was alsome!

Hostel Alamo was a lovely place to stay. The facilities and breakfast were good quality and the atmosphere was pleasant. We arrived early and the room wasn't ready so they put our stuff in storage... Not the same treatment on the way out - you have to pay for storage and to remain in the common areas! This was the only downer. I highly recommend the Andes horse trek and BBQ with Carlos, this was a great day trip!

Excellent! Great value-for-money, great breakfast with eggs, fruit and real filter coffee (believe it or not :))! The kitchen is very clean, well equipped and in order - a pleasure to cook there. Also, there is no better place than the garden to spend half the day/ evening with a bottle of wine by yourself and travel mates. Rooms and facilities are clean. Staff is alltogether very friendly, however varies in knowledge about what to do and where. Nicolas knows most and is very helpful.

The first night we stayed in a double room with shared bathroom, which was very hot. Even though there was a ceiling fan, it did not blow any air. Neither one of us was able to sleep. We were able to switch rooms the next night to one with AC and private bathroom. We slept like babies and it was a much better room.

Great breakfast, excellent location and clean and comfortable rooms

I had emailed request for a lower bunk bed as I cannot negotiate ladders due to week knees. That message was apparently not relayed so that the person in charge, upon my evening arrival, was unaware, and the only lower bunk bed available was in a 'mixed' dorm which I did not prefer. So, here is another example of 'human error'. The Manager apologized as I complained and queried why this oversight, which has been happening with my bookings too much now.

We stayed for 2 nights and everything was fine, beds comfortable, breakfast included was a plus because I didn't realize it was included, location great, the staff was so helpful with tours and taxis and restaurant recommendations The only thing they should post is that a combination lock will not fit on the lockers. You need a thinner lock.

• 11th Nov 2015

Very nice Hostel, friendly & helpful staff, cozy backyard, clean rooms.

the hostel is well located, but overpriced for what it is. we had booked 7 nights, but only stayed two as we moved hostels to somewhere less expensive and that had a better vibe. we wanted to change rooms as the one we had been allocated was noisy there was nowhere comfortable to relax and other guests barely said hola to one another. I think this hostel has fallen victim to a write up in the lonely planet....meaning they have a constant stream of guests and so don't need to make it special

Good location close to all shops/bars/restaurants and very helpful English speaking staff, however the hostel was not clean at all. We stayed in a private room which smelled of sewage for our whole stay. The hostel also advertises that it has a swimming pool. To clarify it is about the size of a large bath tub and doesn't have any water, so don't get your hopes up

Such a great hostel. Staff very helpful with organising any activities. Wifi worked in my room which is always a winner.

My friend and I had a great stay in Hostel Alamo. It is close to great restaurants and only a small walk to any offices you might need to organise day trips (you can of course also book them through the hostel). We had a 2 bed room and it was very clean and tidy, the beds were comfy, and with a little table and chairs and balcony included we were extremely happy as ti was more than we had expected.

Great place, friendly staff. Súper buena onda.

• 30th Aug 2015