Hostel Alamo Reviews

Necochea 740 Ciudad, Mendoza, Argentina

I had a really nice stay at Hostal Alamo. The hostel itself has everything you would expect: decent wifi, clean rooms, decent breakfast, and really helpful staff. What I really liked about it, however, was just the vibe: it's a social hostel without being a party hostel, which is what I wanted. It's really easy to meet laid-back, easygoing people here and then hang out with them over a BBQ in the lovely garden in the sun. I had a really great time and would stay here again.

Dissapointed by this hostel. Definitely clean, well stocked kitchen, decent beds. Downsides for me...breakfast was bland with the regular bread and cereal, staff were less than helpful to backpackers. A person had to ask very specific questions and staff rarely expanded on answers, atmosphere totally lacking, average age of guest was over 40, and they charge you for a locker for the day even though it's a law in Mendoza to lock up bags. Would not stay here again

Lovely nice size hostel. Staff friendly and helpful. Would certainly stay here again.

Great location, great breakfast selection

The place has a good atmosphere and the staff are helpful. It was also very clean... something I'm really particular about. Good social areas too and nice breakfast.

Stay here! It's phenomenal. If there was a rating higher than 100% I'd give it. Wish I could take this place with me. Esp. Mattias!

Hostel Alamo was helpful with booking adventures from Mendoza. Through them I went rafting - I was picked up and dropped off at the hostel. It is a bit outside the main square but walkable to everywhere including bars and restaurants. The breakfast and beds were pretty standard. They charge you to store your bag for the day after you've checked out. The hangout areas were pretty good, and if you have the right mix of people it can be a chill place to cook and hang for a night. I would go back.

A great hostel, so easy to meet new people there which is important if you are travelling solo! This hostel was in a beautiful part of Mendoza, this city was so charming. Where the breakfast was held was lovely and this place was clean. The staff especially Max was so helpful and answered all my questions and whatever I needed help with. Cool guy! I miss this place! Mendoza is awesome!!!!!!!! Lots of activities too and always something to do. All in all, great hostel and fantastic city!

Thank you so much for your comments! They really help Us improving! It was a huge pleasure to have you within our guests and we hope to see you here soon! Cheers! Max & The Staff.

Conveniently located near the main plaza and park. Excellent clean facilities and good wifi. Kitchen is small and lacking some basics. Staff were friendly, but don't bother asking them to call an operator if that operator doesn't already have a business agreement with the hostel. Overall, great stay and would highly recommend.

Really helpful staff and a great little sunny backyard to chill out in. Was there in winter and it was really busy.

I had a great stay at Alamo! The staff are brilliant and are willing to help you with anything. Also the cleanest hostel I've stayed at all around the world.

The lady on the front desk was beautiful

Fun hostel in a great location near the center of town. All the guests were very friendly and the staff extremely helpful. Definitely recommend!

• 13th Jun 2014

Hostel is very clean and very well located. The staff is nice, but not really helpful when it came to recommending restaurants and places to visit. I ended up going to 2 restaurants that were closed, that's ok though...What I really didn't understand is the prices for the tours. If you book a tour through them, they charge you more. So I would recommend to book it directly with the company. Overall the hostel was great, I would go back.

It was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed! To begin with, the staff was amazing, Max and Victoria were great and helped me a lot. They have a lovely common area, which may be ever better in the summer, as they have a huge backyard. The location is good - not far from downtown, close to the supermarket and to Plaza Chile wich is lovely also.

Great part of the city. Extremely helpful staff! Great atmosphere. Good breakfast. Highly recommend!!

Fantastic hostel! Our 4 bed dorm was a bit cramped, but the 6 bed dorm was very spacious. Nice little outdoor patio/gazebo area. Lockers were also extremely large. Staff very nice and helpful - arranged several tours and excursions for us. Breakfast is simple, but good nonetheless.

Excellent hostel! Staff were super friendly, the room was great and I really liked the lemon (lime?) tree in the courtyard. I wished there was a vent or fan of some sort in the washroom however.

• 13th May 2014

A nice hostel in a good location not far from Plaza Chile, so a 5 mins walk to Plaza Independencia. An OK room with bunks instead of beds, with a locker. Really nice communal areas, with a decent kitchen and nice garden area. Not the right time of year to use the small pool though! The breakfast was OK. Needed to buzz to get in/out rather than having own key and had to pay $10ARS to store our rucksack - both a bit annoying. Otherwise, a decent place.

Great hostel - helpful staff (especially Sol), really nice private double rooms, everything is clean and there is a great atmosphere in the hostel. One small improvement could be to increase water pressure in the shower in the ensuite of room 11.