Hostel Alamo Reviews

Necochea 740 Ciudad, Mendoza, Argentina

Really nice hostel in Mendoza! Within walking distance to everything (except the main bus station if you've got a lot of luggage) and nice, clean facilities. Outdoor parilla is awesome as well as the dining room. Great for meeting people during the evenings (with some wine!) Staff were always there but not super friendly or willing to help. Thankfully everyone staying at the hostel helps each other out :) Great for a quiet, comfortable stay in Mendoza!

- Poor rooms: really small and humid, stinky and noisy. We woke up at 5am because the staff was doing sth in the kitchen. - No internet in the rooms, only in the common areas - Hostel governance: Too many regulations in the hostel which are really unnecessary and give you a strange feeling - Breakfast only until 9:30 +The backyard is cool, you can use the barbecue and there is a small pool available. + There is a big supermarket really close.

Helpful staff, great private double rooms (although bathroom is tiny - has everything you need though).

The woman who checked me in was unfriendly and did not make me feel welcome. She seemed annoyed to answer the most basic of questions. I was informed that the only way to lock up my valuables was to bring my own lock, but I had not seen this information anywhere on the hostel's website. They didn't have locks to borrow or purchase. Since I was staying in a dorm room, I had no way to protect my valuables over night. Luckily nothing was taken. Everything else about the hostel was fine.

This is where you stay longer that you planned to, the kind of places that make you feel at home, enjoy the city so... The capital of Chile at his acme. Stay there !

Staff were very reluctant to help with information about any tours that they were not earning commission on, found them quite rude and unhelpful. Rooms were also uncomfortably hot. Would not recommend this hostel.

• 9th Mar 2015

Hola! Unfortunately, we don't have information about companies that we don't work with. It's not that we don't want to give information, it's that we just have information from these companies wich we have been working with for ten years now. Regarding on the rooms temperature, if it's 32º outside at night, it WILL BE HOT EVERYWHERE. You could have payed a private room with aircon if you were not satisfied with the cheapest dorm that you booked. We have other options and not dorms!

Clean dorm, great breakfast, nice community areas, near a supermaket, easy to walk to the center.

I really liked hostel Alamo - the facilities are adorable, and it has a good environment to meet other people. The only thing that bothered me during my 3 day stay there was that the staff were not very friendly or helpful, giving only one word answers about what tours were available. I was also told that all wineries were closed on the weekends, which is not true.

Friendly staff. Very helpful. Facilities a bit old and run down. Recommended as low budget hostel.

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

I had one staff member who was very helpful and knowledgeable. However, for the majority of my stay there was another staff member who spoke very poor English and was relatively useless with recommendations. Every restaurant he suggested was extremely touristy and terrible food. I value most hostels with helpful staff that I can trust and he was not it.

• 2nd Mar 2015

Very helpfull staff. Close to nice restaurants and San Martin park. A bit far off to the bus stop to Maipu (10-15 min walk)

Great hostel. Clean. Spacious. Helpful friendly staff. Very social, met loads of people but it was never too loud if an early night was needed. One of our favourite hostels of our trip so far. One slight gripe, upstairs showers suffered from low water pressure. Really low.

Max (staff) is a legend. Breakfast is pretty good for a hostel but runs out fast. Great atmosphere, comfortable communal areas and lots of nice travellers.

Max is great

• 18th Feb 2015

Great hostel. Small pool and shaded patio out the back for hot days. Above average breakfast. Simple clean dorms. Super helpful staff helped us organise our wine bike tour.

I was only here for one night but the hostel suited me just fine. The room was incredibly hot as there was no AC and only just a fan. The breakfast was very simple and the tables were full so I had to eat in the living room. The location is near some great places to eat and a wonderful tasting room, The Vines, and about a 30 minute walk or 30 peso taxi ride to the bus station. The staff was okay but not overly friendly.

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. Great helpful staff, friendly atmosphere!! Loved it thanks x

Some great things, some less so. - breakfast was a disaster. Finished way too early for wine town! Selection was poor. Lady who works there spends all her time on her phone rather than replenishing food, plates and cutlery. - wifi does not work in the rooms - check out at 10am - washing is done off-site = no flexibility BUT! - met lots of wonderful people. Including staff like max - private room was enormous

We were very impress with Max at the reception. He is very socialble and professional at the same time. A real asset for the hostel.

Reception staff are absolutely excellent, especially Max. Super helpful and friendly! Gave good recommendations and helped book tours in the area. Keep an eye out for the ladies "working" in the morning though. Breakfast service is very poor, as they stand in the kitchen on their phones the whole morning. They get very annoyed when you ask for something as well. This unfortunately takes away from the experience. Daily.