Hostel Alamo Reviews

Necochea 740 Ciudad, Mendoza, Argentina

Highly recommended. Great location (about 5 blocks from Plaza Indepencia). Staff are friendly. The beds are comfortable and the rooms have large lockers. Bathrooms are clean. Wifi is reliable and very fast. The breakfast is great. The courtyard is nice and has a small pool. Overall great value for money. Only negative is the place had a somewhat bureaucratic feel - lots of signs with rules, fines, etc - relax and trust your guests! Still, a great place to stay.

While the apartment we stayed at was nice, we would have liked to stay on site at the hostel which was what we were expecting. Also, we had to wait two hours to check in even though the check in time said 12 online.

• 18th Nov 2014

Thank you for your comments. They help Us to improve or work hard to be a better company. We are sorry that you booked the appartments instead of a room in the hostel, even when it was stated that the apartments are not in the hostel but 5 blocks away. We hope you come again soon!

A great, old house with lots of character. We stayed in a room out the back, which was good until people smoked under the porch - we had to close the window and the room quickly got very hot.

Hola! Thank you for your comments! They help Us work hard to improve every day. We are sorry you had that experience. Unfortunately smokers are a global problem. They don't care as we do to keep a good life. Unfortunately we can't be responsible for that people, but really hope you can come next time and enjoy our services again! We hope you enjoyed your stay appart from this people!

The hostel was good, a little confusion when being checked in as they had changed our room category and wanted to charge us a higher price. Also some confusion with the price of a tour being per person not a group price. Our rooms were great once we were in there, however a bit of mould in the bathroom, looked like it needed to be resealed.

Hola! Thank you for your comments! They help Us work hard to improve every day. We hope you come back and enjoy our services again! There's lots of thing to do in Mendoza and it's never enough! Cheers!

Great place to stay, no complaints.

Hola! Thank you for your comments! They help Us work hard to improve every day! Hope you come back some to keep enjoying our services! Cheers!

Great location near restaurants and bars etc. Nice double room leading onto the pretty courtyard. We found the staff only helped as much as they absolutely HAD to, and no more I.e gave us a folder showing the tours they had on offer, but gave us no additional details which meant we had to book things relatively blind. Breakfast poor. Overall it was a nice place tho and suited us well. Would advise against the horse riding tour - they're rescue horses and therefore very unpredictable.

Good clean, comfortable and secure hostel. staff very variable. The guy with the beard in the day is great and really helpful (also speaks excellent English which helps), some of the others seem very disinterested. Breakfast could be much better and isn't replenished quick enough. The pool wasn't filled when we were there and it was really hot so would have been helpful. Overall though, good atmosphere and only a short walk to the centre.

I had a really nice stay at Hostal Alamo. The hostel itself has everything you would expect: decent wifi, clean rooms, decent breakfast, and really helpful staff. What I really liked about it, however, was just the vibe: it's a social hostel without being a party hostel, which is what I wanted. It's really easy to meet laid-back, easygoing people here and then hang out with them over a BBQ in the lovely garden in the sun. I had a really great time and would stay here again.

The shower was so poor it may of well not been there. Wifi hogged by staff who frankly just made everything hard work, especially if you dared to try and book a outing with an agency they aren't affiliated with. Lives off being top choice in the lonely planet but really undeserved. Plus don't trnt there bikes, overpriced and under maintained.

• 27th Sep 2014

Dissapointed by this hostel. Definitely clean, well stocked kitchen, decent beds. Downsides for me...breakfast was bland with the regular bread and cereal, staff were less than helpful to backpackers. A person had to ask very specific questions and staff rarely expanded on answers, atmosphere totally lacking, average age of guest was over 40, and they charge you for a locker for the day even though it's a law in Mendoza to lock up bags. Would not stay here again

Lovely nice size hostel. Staff friendly and helpful. Would certainly stay here again.

Great location, great breakfast selection

The place has a good atmosphere and the staff are helpful. It was also very clean... something I'm really particular about. Good social areas too and nice breakfast.

Stay here! It's phenomenal. If there was a rating higher than 100% I'd give it. Wish I could take this place with me. Esp. Mattias!

Hostel Alamo was helpful with booking adventures from Mendoza. Through them I went rafting - I was picked up and dropped off at the hostel. It is a bit outside the main square but walkable to everywhere including bars and restaurants. The breakfast and beds were pretty standard. They charge you to store your bag for the day after you've checked out. The hangout areas were pretty good, and if you have the right mix of people it can be a chill place to cook and hang for a night. I would go back.

A great hostel, so easy to meet new people there which is important if you are travelling solo! This hostel was in a beautiful part of Mendoza, this city was so charming. Where the breakfast was held was lovely and this place was clean. The staff especially Max was so helpful and answered all my questions and whatever I needed help with. Cool guy! I miss this place! Mendoza is awesome!!!!!!!! Lots of activities too and always something to do. All in all, great hostel and fantastic city!

Thank you so much for your comments! They really help Us improving! It was a huge pleasure to have you within our guests and we hope to see you here soon! Cheers! Max & The Staff.

Conveniently located near the main plaza and park. Excellent clean facilities and good wifi. Kitchen is small and lacking some basics. Staff were friendly, but don't bother asking them to call an operator if that operator doesn't already have a business agreement with the hostel. Overall, great stay and would highly recommend.

Really helpful staff and a great little sunny backyard to chill out in. Was there in winter and it was really busy.

I had a great stay at Alamo! The staff are brilliant and are willing to help you with anything. Also the cleanest hostel I've stayed at all around the world.

The lady on the front desk was beautiful