Hostel Alamo Reviews

Necochea 740 Ciudad, Mendoza, Argentina

I had a great stay at Alamo! The staff are brilliant and are willing to help you with anything. Also the cleanest hostel I've stayed at all around the world.

The lady on the front desk was beautiful

Fun hostel in a great location near the center of town. All the guests were very friendly and the staff extremely helpful. Definitely recommend!

• 13th Jun 2014

Hostel is very clean and very well located. The staff is nice, but not really helpful when it came to recommending restaurants and places to visit. I ended up going to 2 restaurants that were closed, that's ok though...What I really didn't understand is the prices for the tours. If you book a tour through them, they charge you more. So I would recommend to book it directly with the company. Overall the hostel was great, I would go back.

It was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed! To begin with, the staff was amazing, Max and Victoria were great and helped me a lot. They have a lovely common area, which may be ever better in the summer, as they have a huge backyard. The location is good - not far from downtown, close to the supermarket and to Plaza Chile wich is lovely also.

Great part of the city. Extremely helpful staff! Great atmosphere. Good breakfast. Highly recommend!!

Fantastic hostel! Our 4 bed dorm was a bit cramped, but the 6 bed dorm was very spacious. Nice little outdoor patio/gazebo area. Lockers were also extremely large. Staff very nice and helpful - arranged several tours and excursions for us. Breakfast is simple, but good nonetheless.

Excellent hostel! Staff were super friendly, the room was great and I really liked the lemon (lime?) tree in the courtyard. I wished there was a vent or fan of some sort in the washroom however.

• 13th May 2014

A nice hostel in a good location not far from Plaza Chile, so a 5 mins walk to Plaza Independencia. An OK room with bunks instead of beds, with a locker. Really nice communal areas, with a decent kitchen and nice garden area. Not the right time of year to use the small pool though! The breakfast was OK. Needed to buzz to get in/out rather than having own key and had to pay $10ARS to store our rucksack - both a bit annoying. Otherwise, a decent place.

Great hostel - helpful staff (especially Sol), really nice private double rooms, everything is clean and there is a great atmosphere in the hostel. One small improvement could be to increase water pressure in the shower in the ensuite of room 11.

The common area was one of my favorites for when it comes to hostels, our room seemed to carry a certain dampness which would be my only complaint. The staff were very accommodating and there seemed to be lots of organized activities going on daily. The hostel kitty cat was my face attraction!

We enjoyed our stay a lot. The water pressure was very poor to take a shower. We even had a private bathroom. We also asked for a map of the city and was told they didn't have one. Which is crazy with the number of tourists! The rest was great, there were fun people, clean atmosphere and a decent breakfast.

Clean, secure and friendly! The breaky was fab and the little green courtyard was pretty. The staff were super helpful and we felt very safe. Muchos gracias Alamo!

• 23rd Apr 2014

Amazing atmosphere, lovely garden with a lima tree!! We loved breakfast every morning in the dining area - so beautiful. The staff was friendly and set up excursions to see the Andes and bodegas. An excellent Mendoza retreat.

• 17th Apr 2014

Some of the staff is very unfriendly (even rude and lacking basic hospitality) and they're very unwilling to help if you have any issues with your reservation, arrival time or anything else. So unless so can warranty nothing will change as far as your arrival time and date, and that you won't have any unexpected complications, things should work out, otherwise it could disrupt their regular "cleaning procedures"

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Colombia

This was located central to many main sites in Mendoza, by a park which was nice to run through in the morning.

I've already booked my next stay!

Excellent location. We stayed in a double room with private bathroom. It was clean, showers were warm. Wifi doesn't work in the bedrooms but is ok in the communal area. Pleasant communal areas and kitchen facilities. Breakfast included which was good. Tours easily arranged through hostel at reasonable price. Would recommend.

had very nice stay and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

A very good experience at Alamo Hostel, highly recommended!

• 23rd Mar 2014