Hostel Alamo

Fabulous 843 Total Reviews
Fabulous 843 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 25-30
11th Jul 2017

Great hostel! Not a party hostel but still easy to meet people. Really nice homey feel if you're in Mendoza and need a relaxed few days. Plus Momo, the cat, is adorable! Thank you everyone at hostel Alamo who made my stay wonderful!

7th Jul 2017

Everything was clean and the staff was very friendly! I enjoyed staying there!

18th Jun 2017

Hostel Alamo was a great place to spend the weekend in Mendoza. I had my own private room and was very happy with the arrangements. The room was arranged nicely and fairly clean when I arrived. The common spaces are fantastic and definitely promote an comfortable environment to relax and spend time with friends. My one complaint is that the WiFi did not work well in my room at all; the strongest signal was definitely in the common area. I felt very safe in the hostel. Great staff.

• England, Male, 25-30
4th May 2017

Great place, in a nice location and the hostel has a cat.

• aimeehewson741
  • Australia, Couple, 25-30
22nd Apr 2017

Nice small private room with ceiling fan and aircon. Breakfast simple but good and free. Wifi good. Carrefour across the road. Nice backyard and balcony for some afternoon hangs. Staff friendly and welcoming.

13th Apr 2017

Pros: nice location close to a supermarket; nice common area Cons: the four-bed dorms are tiny; bathrooms are also tiny and few so there will be some waiting time if you are unlucky

12th Apr 2017

Very good location within the downtown quadrant of Mendoza, near Plaza Chile. I got an excellent attention and advice to make tours and visits around. The breakfast was good including fruit, good coffee, bread and cereal. They offer wide lockers and cosy lobby and commom areas. I stayed 3 nights in the 4 beds room which was very small, but the nice roomates made me forget about the space. The bathrooms were not that clean, they can improve that.

• England, Male, 31-40
5th Apr 2017

Great hostal. It was central quiet - so we could get a bit of work done during the day. They had BBQ facilities so we could also braai great argentine meat with the amazing wine we purchased on the wine tours!

• Canada, Female, 31-40
2nd Apr 2017

I had the private room with ensuite (I'd been staying in dorms for months and decided to live it up). It was STUNNING! More like a hotel room. Very big, nice shower, air con, etc. And it was facing onto the garden area. The staff were also wonderful and super helpful. Only downsides were that the kitchen was small and got very busy around dinner time. Also, not great atmosphere for solo travellers. I might have just had bad luck but it seemed to be mostly couples and it wasn't very social.

• Ireland, Couple, 25-30
30th Mar 2017
6.9

secure, clean hostel in a great location with a supermarket across the road. poor experience with a receptionist (tall, glasses) on arrival. We asked if he knew of an English speaking doctor and he just uninterestingly said no. we asked if he knew how we would find one and he said the tourist office. We asked about the free walking tour and he said to just look at the sign. However we did not see him again over the rest of our 4 day trip so perhaps he is not a regular worker. WIFI very poor.