Hostel Alamo Reviews

Necochea 740 Ciudad, Mendoza, Argentina

Great place, friendly staff. Súper buena onda.

• 30th Aug 2015

The hostel was ok, the beds are so thin I nearly fell out multiple times. Couldn't get my iPad connected to the wifi. One thing that did annoy me was for a wine tour they booked for me it later transpired I had been charged 50% more than others on the same tour. I understand that the hostel needs to make money but a 50% increase in the price just for them to book it seems a bit excessive. Overall a nice clean space in a good location.

What a hostel! Location is exactly where you want it: in the centre, but in an area that is quieter so you get a good night's sleep. You can walk from the bus terminal, but recommend a taxi which is cheap. Excellent value for money.

We were only there for a short time, but the staff were very accommodating and knowledgeable. Also, the breakfast was more generous than most hostel breakfasts I've had.

Great place- you know it's good when really, the only complaint is that the cleaning staff insisted on cleaning the bathrooms at the same time in the morning as everyone is trying to shower.

Great place in a wonderful location. The staff were super helpful. Thanks again!

Great Hostel, very clean and comfortable!

• 15th Jun 2015

I would describe our stay at Hostel Alamo as mediocre. After reading reviews on Hostel World describing Hostel Alamo as one of the best in Mendoza, we were left feeling underwhelmed. Staff was unhelpful at best and actually bordered on rude. That being said, the hostel itself is nice and I have no complaints with the facilities.

• 25th Apr 2015

Really nice hostel in Mendoza! Within walking distance to everything (except the main bus station if you've got a lot of luggage) and nice, clean facilities. Outdoor parilla is awesome as well as the dining room. Great for meeting people during the evenings (with some wine!) Staff were always there but not super friendly or willing to help. Thankfully everyone staying at the hostel helps each other out :) Great for a quiet, comfortable stay in Mendoza!