Hostel Alamo Reviews

Necochea 740 Ciudad, Mendoza, Argentina

The staff is absolutly helpful and competent.

This was my favourite hostel in Argentinia.The staff and management were lovely, very helpful. The hostel had a great atmosphere. I found my fellow travellers to be very interesting and the communal areas made it easy to meet and talk to people. The small pool was great to cool off in especially as the temperature reached 41c one day. The kitchen was a bit small but ok for a quick meal. The hostel was very clean, well managed and provided a nice relaxed environment at the end of the day.

Well organized, exceptional clean, beautiful garden with pool. Good common areas to meet people. Very nice dorms, beds with comfy mattresses. Extremely helpful and friendly staff. Good breakfast (with cheese it would be perfect). Towel is included in the price. Aircon in the dorms would be nice as it is very hot in summer. Wifi could be more reliable. In my dorm it didn't work at all. Location is more or less central, but quite far from the bus terminal (but still walkable in less than 30 min).

Beautiful place! We stayed here over New Years and it was wonderful. The staffwas very helpful and spoke English, the common areas were comfortable and inviting, and the location was very centrally located. We stayed in a private room with an ensuite which was seperate from the main building and it was perfect for us. It got pretty loud at night with the other guests being right outside the window and the breakfast was pretty minimal but other than that it was marvelous!

Nice location with convenient access to the "metro" train - which is a great way to go to the vineyards; the hostel staff needs to know more about this.

Dear Hostel World As we had booked two appartments we did not stay at the actual hostel but by Indepentia Square. Hence my comments about cleanliness as the appartment was not cleaned during the 6 days were were there (although they dropped in additional towels and bath mats). However, the location of the appartment was excellent and the staff, when we visited the hostel, were superb. Also the gas ran out, but this was dealt with by the owner of the hostel who was extremely friendly and helpful

• 27th Dec 2013

Nice and obliging staff: We've been welcomed very nice by the guy who worked in the evening even tough we arrived late. If you don't know what to do in Mendoza just ask Max. at the reception. No question will stay unanswered. He helped us organizing our 1 day perfectly by showing us everything we wanted to know (and what we should know) on the map. Property: The hostal is located in the city centre (you can reach every important sight walking) Hanging out in the garden is very relaxing

This is an amazing hostel that feels more like a hotel. Loved my stay here and the staff couldn't have been more helpful with info and tips on where to go and what to eat. The only tiny downside is the wifi doesn't really work in the courtyard, which is a shame as its a great place to chill out, but that's me being really picky...everything else was perfect..stay here when you're in Mendoza!

Overall this is a good hostel. However, I stayed in a shared room which was at the front of the building. The room was not air-conditioned, so we opened the windows at night and the traffic was very loud. If you stay here, book a suite at the rear of the property away from the noise. It also would have been useful to have hand towels and bath mats in the bathroom. Decent breakfast. The best part about this hostel was the courtyard and the excellent staff, particularly Matias and Sol!

Lovely hostel - great rooms, especially the garden rooms, staff were always very helpful & place has a nice friendly atmosphere

Good hostel,solid, friendly & not party orientated, but socialble. Only annoyance was(having sent an email in advance about wine tours whether I should be looking to book before I got there)I was told not to worry & I would be given ´choices´ when I got there. I had said I wanted to go to A FEW & that I was happy to spend a bit of money, when I arrived I was given two cheap options one which only went to 2 vinyards & the other cycliing myself around. which meant hunting,tired, when I arrived

Great hostel In a great location. The staff were really helpful organizing etc. It was such a nice backyard to chill out in and drink wine in the afternoon- loved it!

The hostel was very well run and a relaxing place to stay. The staff were friendly and very knowledgeable.

• 3rd Nov 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Amazing and friendly staff especially Max and Sol

The people that worked there could not have been more welcoming, kind, or helpful. I truly enjoyed my stay there.

• 31st Oct 2013

Great staff, very helpful in booking tours and advice. Good people in the hostel too, made a lot of friends there.

The hostel has a informative, english speaking and serviceminded staff. The room are very clean and it feels secure. The only negative was that the safetybox had only one key and no code (if the key got lost or stolen, a locksmith would be necessary). The common area was allso very good.

We had one of the deluxe private rooms which sadly was mouldy and just above average. The guys at the reception weren't very helpful with no maps available and the phone was not working - it seems like since they have been rated lonely planets top pick, they have dropped the ball a bit. My suggestion, stay somewhere else!

1 2 Next » last »