Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

I really did not appreciate arriving late and having your front desk clerk ignore me so that he could finish playing his game on the computer-that was extremely unprofessional.

I had a great stay in a 8 bed mixed dorm. The room was spacious and clean, the bed was comfortable enough and the bathrooms were okay. Only problem was the patchy wifi in the room but at least it worked in the lobby. Overall, I think it was a nice hostel and would definitely recommend it! The location is really good!

Staff were very helpful and kind. Air con in room didn't work and the power point was in a bad spot. Other rooms air con did work though. I liked it I would stay again. The sister hostel had a good terrace party. Easy to meet people for solo travellers. Walking distance to most tourist places in Rome. Along with public transport

Breakfast is $4 eu and its canned fruit one piece of cheese and packaged lunch meat, not even a croissant Sometimes have to ring two or three times for them to buzz you into building, air conditioning was only on at night, room very stuffy during the day wifi slow, pay a few extra euros and stay somewhere else Have to pay for tours no guide to free tours in Rome

• 22nd Jul 2015

Rooms are cool, clean and comfortable, perfect for resting after a long day of sightseeing. Staff are always cheerful and friendly, ready to help and hugely knowledgeable about Rome, from where to find an atm and opening times of the local supermarkets to more specific questions like how long to expect to wait at the Colosseum. Ovens even arranged us a taxi after we missed our airport shuttle. Only negatives were quality of breakfast and patchy wi-fi and fluctuating water temperature.

I stayed 2 nights in a mixed bed dorm which was quite messy and on the first night there was a power outage and the wifi didn't have a great connection. I stayed again a week later in a different dorm and on a different level which was really nice and clean and the wifi worked really well. The location is great and it's easy to get to anywhere in the city on the metro or buses. The area can be a bit dodgy at night but I never felt too unsafe travelling on my own.

• 17th Jul 2015

Staff were extremely rude-We were cooking when the kitchen closed (which we didn't know about as there were no signs posted) and instead of telling us the staff just took our pot of food and through it away. The facilities were extremely dirty, especially the bathrooms. Sheets did not feel clean either. We also had a phone charger stolen out of our room during the day. The location isn't bad but the neighborhood around Termini station can be a bit scary for girls walking around at night.

"We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. Our staff is trained to maintain courtesy toward every guests. You guys entered into the kitchen when it was closed and after having been informed on check in time about kitchen opening hrs. Sometimes bathrooms may need extra cleaning after busy time. We try our best to keep it always clean. We recommended to use when you stay in a dorm room. At check-in we provide every guest with a fresh sheet. We hope you can come back again. Alessandro's"

staff is extremely friendly and helpful

Hostel staff were rude and not helpful. Facilities were average to low relative to other hostels of same price. Internet and air con not working. Breakfast for 4 euros was a rip off - most hostels do better than this for free..

Thank you for your review and we are sorry you did not enjoy our service. Power went down during the night for the unexpected overload. We beg your kind understanding because this is happening to the entire city under this extraordinary heat wave of this summer. Regarding breakfast, yes, it is 4€ including Ham, cheese, jam & butter, bread, cereals, fruit, hot/cold drinks and milk. We have mostly been receiving positive feedbacks on it. We are sorry it did not meet your expectations.

We only stayed one night but it was the best hostel we've stayed at! Large rooms, very clean, great breakfast but best of all, really lovely and helpful staff. Definitely recommend!

• 14th Jul 2015

Power went out multiple times. AC turned off more than half of the stay. Mold in bathrooms.

Thank you for your review. Power went down during some nights for the unexpected overload. We beg your kind understanding because this is happening to the entire city under this extraordinary heat wave of this summer. About the mold, thank you for informing us about it. We have checked the room you stayed and applied deeper cleaning to the bathroom! Thanks!!

The directions to get to the hostel were really clear and it was in a good location quite close to a big super market. It was also a good hostel for meeting people negative there were araaranged activities like a sangria night and there was also the kitchen/eating area to hangout. The only complaint was that I had trouble with my rom key working and also sometimes I couldn't get the WiFi to work.

We had a great stay at Hotel Alessandro.

It was wonderful, but the staff could be more gentle...

No complaints here, value for money clean hostel. Great pub crawl! One of the best pub crawls in Europe. The only thing we noticed was the atmosphere was better at the partner hostel down a few blocks which has the bar and is the location of the start of the pub crawl.

• 10th Jul 2015

Nice hostel located close to the Termini train station. Clean rooms and cheap bar at the sister hostel not far away.

It was the best hostel I have stayed at on this trip it looked good on the hostel world web sight And did not disappoint. I am so glad I booked. My stay in Rome

I really appreciated the storage facilities and the free printing. Staff were very helpful and told me exactly what buses I needed to take to see what I wanted to see. Good location for sightseeing, close to the buses and trains. NOTE: Wifi was not working.

Rooms were decent and had enough room, staff seemed nice enough but weren't enthusiastic with helping with directions and where to go in the area. Wifi was terrible, only works sitting in the lobby area not from the room. The aircon in the bedroom was also terrible, so so stuffy in the bedrooms. Hostel also did not provide towels.

A good hostel with an excellent location near train station. The rooms are big and quiet with AC. The kitchen stove took forever to heat(like over 30min to boil water when I had all stoves on max). Otherwise a good hostel, but like many it lacks recycling bins for bottles etc, which would be great since a lot of people drink water all the time.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7