Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

The hostel itself is located in a good area, just 5 mins away from the main station but that's it only real selling point. We arrived and the hostel staff were not very welcoming. Over the next few days, we realised the hostel was full of older men and there wasn't really a great atmosphere. There was a social room but at €2 for a beer can, it's better to go out a buy your own. Also the hostel just seem to need updating, old decor, mosquito's in the shower and no plug sockets by your bed!

Amazing people stayed at the hostel. Really central location and provides basic necessities. staff was always willing to help and though it may have not been the nicest- the atmosphere of people made it special and it was secure enough. A solid hostel and I enjoyed my stay.

Was easy to find and very close to station but wasn't in the safest of areas. kitchen facilities arnt great but rooms are nice and big and showers are good.

Hostel is very safe (you have to ring the bell so they let you in the hostel, there are cameras on the hallways plus safe doors to get to the room) however the location near Roma Termini is not very safe because there are a lot of "strange" people walking around it. Location is excellent as far as the site seeing is concerned-all the sites are a walking distance away, however like I said earlier, being near Termini is not the best. Otherwise a very nice hotel, staff and facilities are superb

Nice enough place, I was upgraded to a 6 person female dorm when I arrived for free. Well situated in the city most major attractions in walking distance. Showers were really gross my first night and they have those buttons you press every 10 seconds to keep the water flowing. Everything was clean the next day so maybe just a one off. Staff were friendly and helpful. Lockers annoying as you need some kind of massive padlock to lock them so I couldn't secure my bag in them.

Rooms were good with air con too which was great. Only really met the people that were in my room. Location was very convenient, especially close to train station, though this area didn't necessarily feel the safest (you should be careful anywhere in the city though anyway). Good value for money, especially as they don't charge you any city tax on top of the shown hostelworld price, which a lot of Rome hostels will do.

Great location! kitchen facilities were disappointing but rooms were very comfortable

Good location near train station. We stayed 2 nights and that was enough, pretty noisy.

Unfortunately the bed was too soft, which made my back hurt the next day. Otherwise everything else was great! Wish I could have stayed longer, and tried out the free Sangria night!

The only thing I didn't like were the dirty showers and the sketchy neighbourhood it's in but other than that decent hostel to stay in for a couple nights, the rooms are huge, close to the station and the hostel put on a free sangria night to bring everyone together which was nice. Would stay again.

it is the best hostel in Rome.

Very clean rooms and bathrooms. Staff were so friendly. Location is so close to Termini station. Highly recommenden

The Rome bar crawl that the hostel offers is a good opportunity to meet new people. The hostel itself is located right next to Termini station which is handy. Everything is within walking distance. I would perhaps avoid wondering this area late at night on your own, however. The beds in the hostel were comfortable and the air con was also a big hit.

Stayed only one night in an 8 person mixed dorm. For one night, it was great. Beds were comfortable, rooms were big, and showers/bathrooms were decent. The lock system on the lockers is kind of annoying though, make sure you have a big enough lock. The staff we met were very nice :) Good location by Termini Station.

The hostel's location was pretty easy to find and it located at really good location. The cleanliness of the room was great, but maybe the toilet has to be cleaned more frequent. maybe twice a day would be better?seriously,when come to night, the female toilet was quite horrible.Air conditional was great either, wifi wasn't that stable but still okay, stuffs were friendly too.The quality of breakfast still can improve. overall was a great place to stay in ROME!

Very good location

staffs are rude. espesccially not the italian one in night termini isn't safe because of that location isn't safe. second day there wasn't hot water for shower.

I liked it but I got bed bug bites.

We are sorry for the disturb. We will immediately check the room you stayed and apply total cleaning. We appreciate you reported it. Your feedback will help us to maintain the environment. Sincerely yours.

I think was really good for the price the staff was super helpful and friendly. The internet was very slow at times and the showers a little cold, but since it was super hot I didn't mind!!!

This is a great hostel. Close to downtown and many touristic attractions. The A/C in the room is a big plus in summer, probably saved me from having night of non-sleep because of the heat. People who works there are very nice and willing to help when needed. Safe and clean hostel. I would definitely return if I ever go back to Rome.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7