Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

Nice and close to the station. The staff was friendly. The public showers were kinda gross though.

This is the second time I have stayed at this hostel and it was a pleasure. Nice service, clean and excellent staff.

The hostel was in a great location. It is an older hostel but well maintained. The lockers in the rooms were smaller - couldn't fit a suitcase or big bag in them. It was great they had AC because it was very hot. The first two days we were there the elevator was broken and we had to walk up and down five flights of stairs. But it was fixed by the time we left. The daytime staff were helpful and helped us with tours, food and bank locations. Took about 15 minutes to walk to the colosseum.

It is a great hostel when you want to meet new people. The staff is great and always in a good mod. It is very near from the train station and you can walk very easy to the city centre. When you want to cook your own meal in the hostel is that no problem there is a big kitchen with a fridge. The beds are good and the rooms are clean.

Starts at good: it's spacious. I booked 4 bed dorm, but when arrived, they gave me a bed in 7 bed dorm without informing and charged me the same price. After I found that out, I ask them to redound the extra money (no staff ever mentioned they would do it, after my questioned, they offered me free breakfast at first but I've already have my own ). The kitchen was so poor that you can't find an appropriate kitchenware and anything you need.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

Excellent location; a 5 minute walk to Termini station. Staff were friendly and eager to help.

Staff very friendly and helpful, the breakfast is not for free but its not expensive, and the place is quite nice!

• 2nd Aug 2014

Rooms are spacious, bright and clean - which is a great start. Location is central to the train station and easy to get around to key attractions. Was great to have the kitchen and a fridge, however there seemed to be different crockery etc available on different days, plus there were large groups in using the kitchen for a big cook up and made it difficult to access at times. All in all was a lovely stay and enjoyed the hostel, would recommend.

I'm not sure that's it's because I'm Brazilian and waiting everybody happy, or everybody was not in the mood to talk xP but the hostel is really nice! Nice shower, near termini station, so, no problem :)

The location is pretty good it's a 5 Min walk from Termini station. The staff is really cool, they help you out when you need them, and they tell you what are the coolest things to do in Rome. The rooms are quite big, and they have AC witch is perfect, and it was always clean. The showers and the bathrooms were also clean and i never had to wait for people so that was pretty cool. They have a big room where you can eat and prepare your food and chill with people even late at night! Good hostel

Staff was very help and enthusiastic. Our 6 bed dorm was a good size and I was very happy that they had lockers. (You have to bring your own lock). I would definitely recommend this hostel for others looking for a nice and cheap place to stay..

The hostel is in a very good location so that is the main advantage (close to the train station). What's more, in our room was air conditioning so I don't have to tell that it was a great facility. Definitely worth to stay!!!

They overcharge for tours. I found some tours cheaper than the hostel . Transport from the airport to the hostel cost 55 Euros charge by the hostel, but by bus cost 14 Euros and by train cost 15 Euros. What a rip off by the hostel !!!! The kitchen is poorly equipped, such as no kitchen towels, no pot holders, not enough plates and cups, handle of pots an pans are loose and is dangerous if hot food is spilt on someone, causing burns. Have you thought about this? Breakfast cost 5 Euros !!!!

Dear guest, thank you for your feedback but we are afraid your review is written for some other property but us. First of all for the airport transfer, we usually give suggestions and recommendations on it but we do not offer service itself and never charge on it. If you used a taxi, the price seems to be quite normal. It costs more than public transportation. Also our breakfast costs 4 Euros (breakfast ticket from vending machine). It is not 5 Euros. Please kindly correct information. Thanks.

Really liked this place! Great rooms, lockers which is always a good thing! Great social area. In fact a very social hostel. Great pub crawl activities if you're a single traveller. Very good rooms and great shower. Can only say 2 negative things - this place is in the ghetto of Rome. It's very close to the main train station, so very conveniently located, but you have to walk past a heap of homeless people/drug dealer types to get to the hostel. Also, poorly equipped kitchen.

5 mins walk from the Rome Termini (train) Station which is a very good location in Rome. Very kind staff were very helpful for info. Pub crawl was epic with good people from the all over the world. If they have more table service at the kitchen, it would be much better since so many people had to wait for their turn while we were cooking...

Great place to stay!

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

Hey DOWNTOWN STAFF you made my stay wonderful! HIGHLY RECCOMEND this hostel! GRAZIE :)

• 28th Jul 2014

Good location, Cool staff and a great atmosphere. Big rooms, clean bathrooms, kitchen and free computers to use

• 27th Jul 2014
  • China

A very cool hostel to stay!!! thankzzz a lot for helping me to book my tour and printing my boarding pass

• 26th Jul 2014

Near at central station, bit busy hostel but the two asian morning staff at reception will made your day full of energy they are willing to help and suggest where to go and they give tips on how to explore rome within 2 days. Reccomended hostel, will stay here again with my friends next year.

• 25th Jul 2014