Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

Beds were comfortable, the lockers were a decent size for all my things. Managed to find the hostel with ease and the staff were helpful in organising tours and booking restaurants. It's in a decent location not far from the colosseum. The wifi though wasn't great and cut you off every time you were inactive for a while but that's a small thing. Overall nice stay, would stay again.

We had an issue with our room the first night which was fixed straight away. The staff were extremely helpful and professional in sorting this out and were there for any questions we had. Overall we had a great stay and would recommend this hostel!

Great hostel, great location awesome social environment unfortantally we missed the pub crawl but the free sangria night was awesome great way to get people together and to be Soical deffintally recommend this hostel

Fantastic, well managed hostel with incredibly friendly and helpful staff which makes the stay here all the more pleasant. Everything is well managed with very clean rooms and bathrooms. Its a good place to go back to after a busy day sight seeing - and even better its super close to the metro and a 15minute walk to the Colosseum. With a large common area, excellent wifi, secure rooms with lockers and power points for everybody I would definitely recommend staying here!!

Was a little disappointed there wasn't a bar on-site.

Good location but semi dodgy area. Very close to the train and bus station! The staff are very helpful and have really good security. However, people (staff) would come into the room at 10am yelling "morning" about 20 times then open the windows and blinds while asking you (mid slumber) which people in the room have left...maybe assign beds if this is such an issue for you. Overall good experience, was interesting.

They do not wash the bottom sheets or have covers for the doonas, and only give you one clean sheet. They turn off the stove at 9pm because it's too expensive to run, they also share the kitchen with the hostel downstairs, so it gets very crowded before this time. In the week that I stayed there, the water did not work multiple times, but they did have good showers when they had running water.

Nice staff, clean beds Getting there at night might be a bit sketchy, as you walk through the drunk people of termini station.

• 20th Sep 2015
  • Israel

It wasn't really clean, wifi didn't worked in the rooms and you had to go to the reception to use it, the light sensor on the shower was the worst, you ended showering without light!!! There aren't enough places to connect electronic devices, not even one per bed.

The kitchen could been better, there were not enough utilities for everyone and it wasn't always clean.

A great hostel especially the six persons room, say 204 because I met great people there. Interestingly six persons room that I stayed is even cleaner and much nicer than four persons one, I don't know why. But the former one has better AC, non smelly bathroom, etc. I personally does not old guy and couples that live in youth hostel but I do find many young people open minded and cute!

• 15th Sep 2015
  • China

Literally the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept on. I'm sure the floor would be better. The place is also ridiculously hot and the AC does not help at all. There's not enough plugs in the rooms. The only redeeming quality is that it's close to the metro. I would suggest staying somewhere else for sure.

Great location just a 5-minute-walk from Termini Station (Rome's central train station). The rooms are big and clean with lockers (bring your padlock). There is a large offer of restrooms and bathrooms: if somebody is "sleeping" inside your room's bath/restroom just go downstairs and you'll find 3 of it beside the reception. Breakfast is not included, it costs 4€ and I think it is worthy. I totally recommend!

Loved Hostel Alessandro! So many good amenities. Lockers in the room, along with hooks and a table & chairs for use. No timed sinks/showers, which made bathing easy. Hooks in the showers. Good location (close to Termini/metro). Ladders for the bunkbeds, a big bathroom, electrical outlets at the bed and laundry/computer services. Also? Very friendly/helpful staff! In terms of cons--no free breakfast, BUT they let you buy it if you want. That's nice.

Great hostel set-up! Very friendly staff, great location and had all the necessities. Only complaint would be that our room had a terrible musty smell to it, but I'm not sure there is much the hostel could do about that.

The 6bed-dorm is located near the reception and dirty bed sheet collection point so very noisy. Please change the outer door and limit your usage of that door during night time.

When I arrived the staff at reception seemed bored. They were helpful, but could have been more welcoming. The security could be better. The key card operated door knob to the fourth floor hallway, where my room located, was useless as the door open without it, even if it did flash red or green when you did use the key card. Otherwise you get your money's worth especially if you participate the hostel club nights.

the hostel is in Termini area which is not the nicest area in Rome. good if you are staying one or two days because you are near train station so you don't have to walk long time to find your hostel. the hostel is in a building where there are local people. at night, you have to be quiet for neighbors. the lift was out of order so I went in the stairs with my luggage. breakfast is not included. the storage of your luggage costs 2 euros for 12hours the day of departure. but no city tax of 3 euros

Location was so close to train station which was great for me. The Wi-Fi was terrible. Really terrible, no one seemed to be able to get on . My biggest issue is that the pillows had been sprayed with some extremely strong smelling spray like a room freshener or something. It was awful, lucky I am.not asthmatic. I tried to air my pillow, but it was too strong. All my night clothes ended up smelling like this. Just horrible and hard to sleep with. Made the whole room smell.

Thank you for your feedback. Indeed our cleaning staff may have exagerated with the deodorant spray as the group who stayed the night before you did smoked inside the room (even if it is prohibited to smoke in the buiding..). We are sorry for the inconvenience. We will be careful when the same case would heppen. We appreciate feed back. We have also adjusted the wifi connectivility with our network technitian. Hope you have enjoyed for the rest. Have a nice day.

Hostel is in a good location, rooms are ok, they have kitchen but you cant make breakfast for yourself , you have to buy their breakfast and if you don't buy it, then you are forced to eat somewhere else because kitchen is closed for cooking during breakfast , it is a major inconvenience.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7