Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

This is a great hostel to stay in when visiting Rome. Though its a bit of a walk to the main sites like the Colesseum etc. it is VERY close to the train and metro station so its really easy to get everywhere. My only complaint would be that the wifi logs you out a lot and is hard to get in the rooms, but overall it is very clean and has friendly staff. The kitchen is great and the rooms are really nice!

This is an amazing place to meet people! I had so much fun with them. Staff are all nice. Clean room and bathroom. very close to train station and most of the tourist attractions are just walking distance. I stayed 1 night and i really enjoyed it.

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

I loved this place . Very like a hotel but with the atmosphere of a hostel where you can meet tons of people. Pretty central location. Thanks for an amazing stay

• 11th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

the location is amazing because it is almost 5 minutes far from the Termini Station , as well as this some historical places take 20 minutes to visit by a walk .I was pleased with them in total .

• 11th Nov 2014
  • Iran

Good atmosphere. Close to the train station. Very bad wifi signal

Wifi so slow

Good location and bedrooms. Staff isn't extremely helpful and not a social hostel

Nothing special..Just a mediocre hostel near the termini. The staff was not that friendly. The good thing is that you do not have topay the Rome tax fee which is something. But overall, it's more of a hotel with shared rooms than a hostel. Still better than the Alessandro Palace Bar. At least here the wifi signal is ok. Id recommend it as a cheap solution (given the fact that you dont have to pay the rome tourist tax fee) but I wouldn't say I was impressed. I've stayed in tons of better hostels.

The hostel is located in a good area. Walking distance to the center, most attractions, very friendly staff, comfortable and clean beds. They offer free sangria. Cool Hostel. i recommend

• 6th Nov 2014

I really liked this hostel with amazing big room and clean bathroom. I met a lot of people on their Sangria night. Staff are helpful. I lost my key and the cleaning staff returned it to the reception. ( thanks i didnt lost my deposit ) I recommend

• 5th Nov 2014

The room was not so clean and I had some bites from a kind of insects, I am travelled Genova, Milan, Venice, Bologna, Florence, Pistoia, Siena and I did not have any problem with insects. I heard that the hostels in Rome they have a lot of bed bugs.

It's a big hostel, feels like the larger chain hostels. Kitchen wasn't very good, but over all it was not a bad place to stay.

This is a good hostel with a great location and a great staff. Best hostel i have ever stayed in. Clean big dorms and lots of facilities like kitchen, computer room and a huge common room.

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Argentina

We were able to store our packs in their luggage room as we arrived 5 hours before check-in. Close to the train station but quiet. They have an elevator to make it easier to access our room with our packs. Although breakfast wasn't free, there was a supermarket nearby where food could be bought. Our ensuite bathroom was spacious but was missing shelves to place our toiletries. Overall, our first experience in a hostel was good and we recommend the Hostel Allessandro Downtown to all.

Close to Termini train station and the colosseum. My friend got bed bugs however they have taken care of it and were very attentive about the situation

Very kindly and helpfull staff , specially Juan Pedro Santiago, he helps me to accomodate my family of six in 2 private room for courtesy , very good breakfast for the price...thanks

• 30th Oct 2014

Perfect place to stay and to meet a lot of people. i enjoyed staying here lots of fun. Clean room and the best thing is they have a kitchen to use for the guest. Free wifi and they offer free Sangria . i will stay again

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Argentina

Showers were not consistently warm. Front desk mistakenly woke us up in the middle of the night to inform us someone was overstaying their booking and then never came back (presumably they made an error). Front desk made incredibly unimaginative recommendations regarding places to eat 'The Condor' was absolutely nothing special run of the mill tourist food. Why recommend it?

Thanks staff for helping me to have a lower bunk. The Hostel is extremely wonderful and cool, nice music and ambiance. defenitely will stay again

• 29th Oct 2014
  • Peru

Clean, easy and affordable. Cool staff and great night out, thanks alessandro downtown for the experience

• 28th Oct 2014