Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

It's a very good place to stay!!!!!

• 30th Jan 2016

The bathrooms need to be cleaned more.

We try to keep common bathroom clean but sometimes our check can come after it is used by some guests. Thank you for your suggestion. We keep it in mind and continue to work on! Grazie!!

Very easy to find & a good location

• 24th Jan 2016

Thank you for posting a review with a good rating :) Grazie!

The stove was locked before 2pm, so there was no possibility to cook. Security is great, the value for the price, too. However, the atmosphere is average.

You are right. Kitchen is basically open in the afternoon. Unfortunately it is closed in the morning as we have to prepare breakfast there. It used to be closed to guests. However, we decided to make it available for guests even if for a limited hours in the afternoon to evening. We hope you found it useful than it was closed. Please kindly note that we state kitchen open hours on our microsite of hostelworld.com. because we wish guests know what we offer before they make reservation. We hope you could understand it :) Thank you for your point-out about the security! Yes, it is an element we think important. Grazie!

Very friendly, kind staff. Great location - about 5 min walk form Termini Station. Surrouned by dozens of cheap, nice bars and restaurants. City center maps available at reception. Good breakfasts :) Very comfortable beds(my opinion) Absolutely recommended for everybody!!!

So happy to receive your great review! We appreciate your introduction about our service and location, allover. Especially, thank you for recommending us to everybody. Grazie mille!!

Good place to stay overall. Inexpensive, wifi was okay, located right next to train station. Staff are friendly and they did free sangria every other day I was there. Bathrooms were clean usually. Only two complaints: My key card stopped working and had to be replaced 4 different times (I was only there 3 days!). They close the kitchen in the mornings so you can't make breakfast seemingly to make your only option to buy theirs, thats just low.

Thank for posting your review! We appreciate your point-outs on our location and cleanness. It is nice to see you mentioned bout our free aperitif time. Hope you enjoyed it  For the keycard, we will check it. Thanks for letting us know! Regarding the kitchen, it is basically open in the afternoon. Unfortunately it is closed in the morning as we have to prepare breakfast there. It used to be closed to guests. However, we decided to make it available for guests even if for a limited hours in the afternoon to evening. We hope you found it useful than it was closed. Please kindly note that we state kitchen open hours on our microsite of hostelworld.com. because we wish guests know what we offer before they make reservation. We hope you could understand it :)

I stayed three wonderful days in Rome until I got ill. From that morning on I stayed two days in bed in the Hostel. Sure it wasn't nice to be ill, but the staff was really really helpful and good to me. They made me tea and made sure that I was feeling better. Although I was travelling alone, I didn't feel alone there. Big thanks to you guys!!

Hope you are well by now. We were sorry you could not enjoy all days of your trip in Rome but your nice letter made us feel happy. It has been our pleasure we could be a little help for you. Please come visit us when you will return Rome! All the best,

Staff was excellent. Perfect location too.

• 15th Jan 2016
  • Philippines

Thank you for your kind comment! Grazie!!

Free sangria every other night 👍. Met all of our needs and was close to the main train station.

We are happy to know you liked our free aperitvo hour! Yes, currently it is held every Mon. Wed. and Fri. from 20:00 for the guests :) Thank you also mentioning about our location! Grazie!!

Wifi was a little slow.

Yes, you are right. We had received some feedbacks regarding our wifi. Recently we have improved data traffic capacity and we can confirm wifi connection is more comfortable than before! We try to continue to improve our service. Thank you very much for sharing information. Grazie!

Staff super friendly, location close to the Roma termini (great for me to take my train in the morning), but the area is kinda noisy and sometimes difficult to get some sleep. Also my bed didn't have light around it and it was pretty dark at night cause I couldn't turn on the main lights trying to be considered with roommates.

Thank you for your nice comment and useful suggetions. We will consider it and study what we can do about it! Grazie e arrvivederci!!

Our stay at Alessandro Downtown was really nice. There are big enough lockers in the rooms, you just need to bring your padlock... and after you checkout you can store your luggage in the lockers shown in the pictures for 2 euro / 12 hr. It is nearby Colosseum; staff and Alessandro are very helpful; atmosphere is good (they were serving sangria for free at one day I was there); and although the dorms are nothing special, the bathrooms are really well-cleaned and fully operating. We recommend it.

The best located hostel I have ever stayed in. The amenities and cleanliness was also quite good for the price. If I ever go back to Rome this would definitely be my first choice.

Thank you very much for the nice comment :) We are looking forward to your return one day!" Grazie mille!

The best thing about this hotel is the friendly and helpful staff and the location that is really close to Termini station. Besides that, it's an average hostel. The internet only works at the meeting area near the reception.

Thank you for posting your comment! It is nice to hear you were happy with our staff members :) Regarding wifi connection, we have acknowledged some guests found it was not sufficient. We are working to improve it! Thanks again for pointing it out!

I think security could be much better, like possibly making a rule to show your room key to get in initially.

• 4th Jan 2016
  • Vietnam

Great hostel. My friends and I all stayed there for three nights and loved the area and atmosphere. We could walk everywhere and the train station was minutes away. Breakfast was good too and for only 4 euros, it was a good deal.

Average Hostel. Clean and simple. Nice staff. Great location. The only big problem is the WIFI, absolutely poor signal. They should improve that as soon as possible.

Location is perfect because you'll most likely go to Termini station first which is a minute walk away, staff was very helpful I really appreciated how friendly they were. Only bad-ish thing was the in the bathrooms (if you're using the communal ones) the lights in one of the showers and one of the toilets didn't work. Also little lamps by each bunk would be helpful so that you don't have to disturb people if you're up early and don't want to turn the big light on. Wifi works best in reception !

• 1st Jan 2016

A hostel for party, not for rest. Half of the staff is not friendly and looks like they are doing favor. I stayed there for new years eve. They were very annoying trying to save their party over and over and over again. The worst wifi Internet ever!! Crashes every 2min. They say you have free WiFi, but I had to use my roaming 3g most of the time!

Worst WiFi ever!! Only the guy who serves the breakfast is awesome. He makes you happy :) The showers! One day there was not hot water other day cold 😳

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7