Hostel Alessandro Downtown Reviews

Via Carlo Cattaneo 23, Rome, Italy

Good location as it is close to the main station. Stayed one night. Satisfied. Would do it again for a short stay.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Denmark

You better put more signage in every floor. It is hard for me to find the room 410. Where there is a door before i enter to the corridor which have the room. I didn't know that i need to pass through the door. So better add more signage... that is the basic things.... Also the elevator need to fix.... they are not fully closed while running... check it out...

If you are doing interrail trip. You dont want to walk long time to arrive hostel. Thats why you should stay here. and staff is very helpfull. Enjoy

Great hostel overall, I highly recommend it. Very clean and conviently located. From the hostel it's only a five minute walk to termini station which has both a metro stop and buses to the airports. I Would stay here again.

Nice dorm room, but bathroom was really dirty. Also had issues with the wifi on the first time night of our stay.

It want anything particularly special, but I would probably stay here again if I came back to Rome. The location isn't very good, although it is close to Termini station, but since it's so cheap, I'm not complaining.

i have a great stay in alessandro downtown. thanks a lot

• 17th Aug 2014

Bad news was that they overbooked our room. Good news was that they gave my friend and I a private room instead. The wifi at this place was awful and we had to haul our luggage up 5 flights of stairs because the elevator was not working. Maybe it was just an off night but overall this place seemed to be very disorganized.

good location, clean hostel and cool staff

• 16th Aug 2014

Thanks for your helpful staff.

• 15th Aug 2014

Hostel room quite big but shower and toilet in the same room (although could use other toilets on the same floor.) Room was air conditioned which was nice in the hot weather. Very near Roma Termini so very convenient for the metro, but not in the nicest street ever.....

The staff is really good at getting people staying there to intermingle. They also host great parties

• 14th Aug 2014

A nice hostel to stay. clean big room shower and toilets, nice staff. good location.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

Nice and close to the station. The staff was friendly. The public showers were kinda gross though.

This is the second time I have stayed at this hostel and it was a pleasure. Nice service, clean and excellent staff.

The hostel was in a great location. It is an older hostel but well maintained. The lockers in the rooms were smaller - couldn't fit a suitcase or big bag in them. It was great they had AC because it was very hot. The first two days we were there the elevator was broken and we had to walk up and down five flights of stairs. But it was fixed by the time we left. The daytime staff were helpful and helped us with tours, food and bank locations. Took about 15 minutes to walk to the colosseum.

It is a great hostel when you want to meet new people. The staff is great and always in a good mod. It is very near from the train station and you can walk very easy to the city centre. When you want to cook your own meal in the hostel is that no problem there is a big kitchen with a fridge. The beds are good and the rooms are clean.

Starts at good: it's spacious. I booked 4 bed dorm, but when arrived, they gave me a bed in 7 bed dorm without informing and charged me the same price. After I found that out, I ask them to redound the extra money (no staff ever mentioned they would do it, after my questioned, they offered me free breakfast at first but I've already have my own ). The kitchen was so poor that you can't find an appropriate kitchenware and anything you need.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

Excellent location; a 5 minute walk to Termini station. Staff were friendly and eager to help.

Staff very friendly and helpful, the breakfast is not for free but its not expensive, and the place is quite nice!

• 2nd Aug 2014